Start by marking “Fool's Deadly Gold” as Want to Read:
Fool's Deadly Gold

Fool's Deadly Gold

Lauralyn LaPlant and her sister, Bridgette, could not be closer. Their shared passion for adventure draws them to scale a sheer cliff one fateful day, but despite their experienced precautions, Bridgette suffers a terrible accident and plummets to an untimely death. Shattered by grief, Lauralyn soon makes a sobering discovery: this was no accident—her sister’s climbing rop ...more
Paperback
Published August 1st 2019 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Fool's Deadly Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fool's Deadly Gold

Stella Potts
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had so many characters that I had a hard time at first keeping them all straight in my mind. But once you get into it the many twists and turns will keep you turning pages. I never really guessed the Who-done-it at all. It was a surprise to me when it all ended. Dade has found an old Spanish gold mine and when his wife is murdered everyone is a suspect especially those that are trying to claim jump his mine. Clair Poulson has written a great suspense that you will not want to miss. Tha ...more
Katie W
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This suspense was fascinating because I could visualize some of the places where it took places, as I've been in the area before, and because I could picture these types of events really happening. Clair Poulson does a great job of building a suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat and had me reeling from the twists and turns that popped up without warning.

The death of a casual, part-time gold hunter's wife is the catalyst for a tangled web of mystery and greed, resulting in deaths and evil
Sheila
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This suspense novel is full of surprises. There is a lot going on, especially after the character Bridgette dies. You need to be awake and alert to keep track of the many characters in this novel who are suspects in this murder.

Dade has so many problems after his wife is killed. All of a sudden he has old girlfriends coming out of the woodwork wanting him back in their lives. It's easy to see why Dade couldn't trust anyone. Then, his sister-in-law Lauralyn has her own problems with a stalker wh
Connie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed many of Clair Poulson’s books and always look forward to his new books. This one did not disappoint. With so many twists and turns and interesting characters it made it extremely hard to put it down. Thanks to Netgalley and Covenant Communications for providing this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Kristin Peterson
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has so many twists and turns it keeps you reading until the very end! Clair Poulson has weaved a thrilling tale of men and their constant search for old gold mines, when one man finds a mine others will do anything to keep that find to themselves. It's a real "who done it" that will keep you turning pages until the book is ended. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and through such creative writing and storytelling suspected even the innocent characters.
Sydney
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a thrill filled book. From the very first chapter, author Clair M. Poulson puts readers on the edge of their seats with a gold mine, rock climbing, and a mystery to be solved. This suspense filled story will give readers tingles down their spines and will cause them to want to stay up reading late into the night…or not, depending on how anxious they get. Not only is this story excellently written and filled with mysterious twists and turns, but a main element of the story is a focus on fami ...more
Cathy
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you love to read suspense novels, you’re going to love books by Clair M Poulson. I love the way this author writes. His books are always full of suspense, with great characters. They are some of my very favorites.

This one has several main characters. I love the way this author switches between points of view. There are points of view from the good guys and the bad guys. It just makes it so the reader understands everything that’s going on. I loved that!

The plot of this book is fast paced. I l
Charity Jacob
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given the opportunity to get an advanced reader copy of Clair M. Poulson’s new book, Fool’s Deadly Gold, and this is my honest review of the book.

Normally I can’t stand books that don’t give me some romance to glean off for the lack I have in real life, but I didn’t mind not having that in Poulson’s new book. The mystery itself kept me moving along. If it weren’t for other responsibilities such as work, church callings, and family time I would’ve finished this book along time ago. Granted
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
This story kept me on my toes and guessing until the very end! I kept going back and forth between who I thought had done it. Poulson did a fantastic job of immediately starting the action and keeping you wondering and trying to piece together clues until the very end. There were so many players that it could have been anyone and I was suspecting everyone. The gold mine was an interesting piece to the puzzle. If you enjoy suspense and mystery novels, you will like Fool's Deadly Gold!
*This is an
Emily Flynn
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Dade and Bridgette Tansey go out into the wilderness for a day of relaxation, rock climbing, and Gold Mining, it becomes a day that will not soon be forgotten and triggers a multi-faceted murder investigation. Gold fever strikes and soon you are left trying to figure out who did what.
This book is a layered suspense that left me guessing. There were obvious threads and then threads that left me guessing until the end.

This book was a page turner that had me hooked almost immediately. There
Rachel DeVaughn
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this steady-pace suspense and drama book! There were lots of twists to the story line which kept me guessing and wondering if everyone was the “bad guy”. I really liked the main characters Dade, his daughter, and Lauralyn. All the characters were interesting as the plot continued to thicken and develop.

There were some references to praying and visits from church members and leaders, and the book was free from bad language and graphic violence which I really appreciate! I really
Winnie
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I was intrigued by this suspense book by Clair M. Poulson and decided to give it a try. The premise was interesting, and I’ve read a couple of other books by this author and enjoyed them. The author did a good job of keeping the suspense building and the reader guessing throughout the story. Poulson’s background in the criminal justice field was obvious and added depth to the tale. The police detective, Roger, was one of the most interesting characters, and the way he took charge of the investig ...more
Gretchen M.
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you to #netgalley for allowing me to review this book. The following commentary reflects my own opinions. Overall I liked this book. I do think that people can get caught up in obsessions, and money certainly leads that list. The people in the book connected well in their small community, but really romance was not a part of it which I think made the book stronger. I appreciate the fact that the author did research to make the setting and storyline believable.
Spencer Kraus
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book really intrigued me because of my own family history involving a hunt for these mines! I at first thought when I first heard about it that it would be an old time west type setting, and was a little surprised at the modern setting it was in instead. But it was an amazing book! There were a lot of characters to keep you guessing until the end! I would highly recommend reading this! I recieved an ARC copy from the publisher and this is my honest review.
Nichole Fussell
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fool's Deadly Gold is an excellent book. It has enough intrigue to keep it moving with a fun storyline and great characters. I loved that as the story goes along it is hard to figure out which of the many nefarious characters committed the many different crimes.
Pam
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Fool’s Deadly Gold is a contemporary suspense/murder mystery that does a good job illustrating what can happen when greed takes over a person’s life. The story begins with an accidental death that may not actually be an accident. As the tale progresses, there are several characters who could easily be the killer but a number of other deaths, plot twists and surprises makes it difficult for the reader to discern the truth. For me, the final revelation came as a surprise.

Overall, the story was int
Shauna
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I really enjoyed the underlying theme of digging for gold. I have tried panning for gold twice and loved it. (I do realize they probably peppered the stream with gold flecks for us impressionable tourists). Yet, it was fun and there is a certain thrill of finding even a flake of that glittering gold! It was intriguing how many characters where in this book and how many were willing to kill to have the gold all to themselves. It was also fun to read all the love triangles that ...more
Cheri
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
#Fool'sDeadlyGold #NetGalley

A suspense with a lot of twists and turns and so many characters, it was sometimes hard to keep them all straight. Money is at the root of this novel, several people are determined to find the old mines,where it is rumored that gold can still be found. When a school teacher on summer break finds an old mine and stakes a claim, he doesn't realize that it will be the start of death in the Uinta. Mountains. The plot is one that kept me guessing.
Emily Yager
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing and suspense filled story. It took me a couple of chapters before I really got into, but once I did I was kept on the edge fo my seat as I was trying to figure out how this story was going to end. The setting and character's were all well written (and researched, in the case of the mines). A great plot with plenty fo twisty turns to keep you guessing. I recommend this one, for those of you who enjoy a good crime story.
Cassidy
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fool’s Deadly Gold is a suspense novel with plenty of twists and turns. It moved along at a good pace and is definitely a page turner. I loved that there were so many sinister type of characters that I had an enjoyable time trying to guess who our murderer was. Thanks to Netgalley and Covenant Communications for giving me a copy to review in exchange for my honest opinion.
Lindsey
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book free an exchange for my honest review through NetGalley. #NetGalley
This book was so painfully sad to me, I really couldn't get past the first tragedy that happens so quickly in the book. It was just overwhelmingly sad that it overpowered the rest of the story to me. It was a good storyline though and i couldn't guess who the suspect was at all.
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of his best.
Karen Perry
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kept me up at night! Lots of twists and a surprising array of characters. Just when I thought I had figured it out, another unexpected turnaround. Had me guessing almost to the end of the story!
kaylynn white
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book.

I love all his books. I have read all of them. Cant wait for the next one. So worth reading
Emma Wadsworth
Shley
Aug 13, 2019
connie meadows
Aug 07, 2019
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past