Start by marking “Happy-Go-Lucky” as Want to Read:
Happy-Go-Lucky

Happy-Go-Lucky

Every workplace has that one person you don’t want to mess with.

At James & Peterson Investigations, that would be Cameron Grant: sullen, grouchy, intimidating, oh yeah, and sexy as hell. He can make your soul wither with a single disapproving glare. And he never, ever socialises with his co-workers.

This is why Maisie Wilkins, happy-go-lucky ray of sunshine, can’t
Published August 14th 2019 by L.H. Cosway

To ask other readers questions about Happy-Go-Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy-Go-Lucky

Start your review of Happy-Go-Lucky
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Have you been thinking about me, too?”

description

This was such a fast, cute and floofy read. I usually always enjoy Cosway's work and Happy-Go-Lucky was no exception. It was something I cuddled up to with my coffee in the mornings and found myself smiling more often than not.

_______________

Banter and Blunders

Whilst I enjoyed HGL, it does come with certain cliche and cringey moments. We have our main character Maisie who I thought would grate on my nerves after a while, but I actually ended up
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Emotions I’d never felt before swelled inside me: longing, desire, respect, love. Yes, I couldn’t lie to myself any longer. I was falling for this man, drowning in the sea of him and there was no swimming back to the surface.

”HAPPY GO LUCKY” is a light-hearted office romance between a quirky super sweet woman and her gorgeous but grumpy and standoffish co-worker. This was a fun read that had it all—an endearing Heroine, swoon-worthy Hero,
L.H. Cosway
Jul 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Happy-Go-Lucky is now live in Kindle Unlimited!

Kindle US -> https://amzn.to/2Ha7ddc
Kindle UK -> https://amzn.to/2Moe8UC
Kindle DE -> https://amzn.to/2OXngkW
Kindle CA -> https://amzn.to/2NdhGbS
Kindle AU -> https://amzn.to/33DTTHD
Kindle FR -> https://amzn.to/30glqNc

BLURB:

Every workplace has that one person you don’t want to mess with.

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I found it weird to think of him having parents, siblings. I was used to imagining him as some sort of perfect-looking vampire who slept in a coffin and consumed only blood. Then again, it was hard to explain the whole daylight thing.

Any mention of a man and she got a very specific look in her eye, like a mother in a period drama with a spinster daughter she was eager to marry off.

“You know, you might be right. I probably should stop bringing donuts to the office. They say sugar
Samantha Young
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
L.H. Cosway never disappoints! I've been in a bit of a book funk lately but Happy-Go-Lucky easily pulled me out of it. Maisie is a charming, endearing heroine, while Cameron is a somewhat broody, grumpy but likeable hero. No one writes chemistry quite like L.H. Cosway, and these two have it in spades. Humour, sexy romance, and the mystery subplot kept me hooked from start to finish! LOVED IT.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-With Cameron, it was like there were more feelings inside of me than my body was capable of holding. What I felt for him was transcendent, too big and intangible to even put into words.

photo 6F0D76AC-23FD-4AD8-A0A7-A2DE27E8EAE0_zpsvdr3dkiu.jpg

Maisie Wilkins works as the primary researcher at a private investigation firm in the seaside town in England called Torquay. She’s friendly, kind, and constantly cheerful. Her childhood nickname was Happy-go-Lucky, and she was a people pleaser who others often tried to take
Bianca
After reading a very realistic, therefore anxiety-causing book, I thought I'd try another romance novel, lighten my mood. I discovered L.H.Cosway a few years back. I enjoyed a couple of her books. That was three, four novels ago, so I'm beginning to think "I'm getting too oldcynical for romance novels".
I don't know what's with the romance novels and the first-person narration, but they just drive me crazy. It doesn't happen with other types of novels.
The trope of the good looking, grumpy,
Carvanz
This was such a fun, sweet, smexy read that I could not put it down!

Maisie is that perky person in the office that always brings doughnuts, is always smiling, and never seems to have a problem in the world. But inside, she’s insecure and in need of acceptance from those around her. When she sees her grumpy co-worker, Cameron, at the annual Christmas party alone and well, looking grumpy, she sucks up the courage to try to make him feel a part of the party. Too many gin and tonics later and
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3.5 cute stars

I liked this one. Once you got under Cameron's gruff exterior, he was such a sweetie. (view spoiler)
Julia
DNF @80%

I cannot continue with this book. Its very repetitive and boring. One of my biggest pet peeves in books is when the author intentionally drags out the suspense of the H and h finally getting together. So you have one quick sex scene at the beginning and then just a bunch of 'heated looks from the hero that made the heroine gasp for breathe' in every chapter. And this goes on for like... 10 chapters.

Also, I couldn't connect with the heroine because I found her to be a huge square. And OF
Dali
L.H. Cosway strikes again! With Happy-Go-Lucky she provides a funny, smexy and swoony contemporary romance in which to escape in.

When the most cranky, brooding and sexy man Maisie Wilkins has ever known shows up at their office Christmas party, her always optimistic disposition compels her to sit with the intimidating and stoic Cameron and after one too many drinks they go back to his place. Can Maisie manage then tension of seeing the man she slept with every day at the office? And will
Yodamom
This sweet romantic comedy with a twist of a mystery too was one of those books I could not put down. LH Cosway alway writes fantastic characters who clash and enhance each other. The battle for a relationship between these two was unexpected and so fun to watch develop. Grant was gruff, elusive, combative, a loner, and her superior. Maisy was the "happy go lucky girl" always chipper, giving, open and forgiving. But we all know those first looks are only the surface. When they are brought ...more
Sabrina
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Happy-Go-Lucky was an interesting book to read. It had some sweet moments between a woman with a sparkly personality and her complete opposite, a man who most would describe as a grouch, and it had an intriguing mystery that led to so many secrets coming out which kept me captivated. It also had some office drama, but honestly I could have done without that.

There were parts to this book that I really enjoyed and liked reading, but there were also parts that had me
phoebess
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Even if I read the first part of story in newsletter, it still felt I was reading Happy-Go-Lucky for the first time. And I might have loved it even more for that reason alone.
Maisie and Cameron stole my heart. I wasn't sure who I loved more because they were so different but fitted together flawlessly—probably because they were both softies at their cores.
Reading this book made me aching for more. More stories about characters in this book, even some redemption stories but mainly, more Maisie
Carol
3.75 stars.

My first L.H.Cosway book and it was a pretty sweet indulgence with it's quintessential British humor and English setting (Torquay, Devon).
It had a certain quirkiness to it that I really enjoyed . This book is not really a romantic suspense in the true sense, instead it is more an office romance that also happens to take place in a detective agency with some added action. Loved both MC's.
I totally picked this up on a whim and I couldn't have been happier with this KU book.
Happy go
Anna
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to author for providing this ARC!!!

Very cute story, perfect if you looking forward for low angst, safe, great story with humor and some twists and a bit of suspense.
Although I've read about 50% through author's email, it's not comfortable to read that way. Yes, I prefer reading my books in one sit.
Hero I loved: swoon, perfect, tender, caring, a bit possessive, sexy, sometimes broody!!! I love the way he was "eye opener" for heroine, although maybe too harsh, later there is some lines from
Rachel
I wanted to love this one. It features one of my favorite tropes: cheery MC overwhelms grumpy MC with light and love...but, it just didn't fully work for me.

The beginning is promising, and I found myself relating to the female MC. She is told that she smiles too much, and I have had that very same comment leveled at me. Both of us are people-pleasers, but where I struggle with my need to please, this MC seemingly overcomes her insecurities quickly because the grumpy MC's take-no-shit attitude
Jacqueline
Lovely, sweet story. Loved the office politics in this too.
Antonella
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

Here is the playlist for the book; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Feelgood read!!

This book is very comforting, sweet and light romance read.
We follow the story of two co-workers Cameron and Maisie. Two very opposite people, what with grumpy Cameron and very much all time happy Maisie, make this enjoyable and fast read.
Most of the plotline happens at their workplace during one winter, where their relationships grow from drunken one nightstand to full-blown love.

If you are in the mood
Lady Heather
Publication Date: August 16, 2019

"5 -Taking chances could lead to spectacular consequences, Stars!"

This was a fun, captivating, smart, engaging story!

I started off reading this story in L.H. Cosway's monthly newsletter and fell instantly in love with Cameron and Maisie's characters.
Reading the whole polished and edited novel was a delight.

This is an office romance that started out as a one night stand at the office Christmas party.
With a little too much to drink by both party's, one thing lead
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
2,5 s

The romance and angst were almost non existent!
Although Cameron and Maisie were great characters, their relationship developed at a snail’s pace.
The writer tried to balance the aspects of mystery and romance, but the whole story for me felt flat and with no sparks.
Kahea
***5 Stars***

I didn’t read any of the chapters that went out in the author’s newsletter, so I went in absolutely blind and I have to say, I absolutely loved this story. It was sweet, funny, awkward, frustrating, adorkable, smexy, swoonworthy and with just the right amount of drama to keep things interesting, it was simply a fun read overall.

Maisie, Maisie, Maisie. This woman. It’s really hard not to like Maisie, even when you’re scratching your head at how she chooses to handle certain
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 'Lovely' Stars!

“I take it back.”
“Take what back?”
“What I said about your smile.” He reached out and caressed my cheek. “It’s not off-putting at all, it’s captivating.”

Oh, swoon!! It’s no wonder we ADORED Happy-Go-Lucky! Talk about a fun, sexy, totally swoon-worthy, endearing read! We adored Maisie, her friends, her family and of course Cameron Grant! We really ‘get’ this author’s humour and the cute Maisie Wilkins had us grinning from ear to ear.

L H Cosway really does write some fabulous
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maisie’s bubbliness was part of her charm, but her intelligence was what I liked most. And while, Cameron was a grump, he was extremely observant and honest to a fault. However, even he couldn’t withstand Maisie’s sunshiny disposition:)

The romance was subtle and slow, but very good! I liked the interactions-whether it was work or play-because I never knew if funny, steamy, or in the moment was coming up next- I just knew I’d be grinning like the Cheshire Cat!

I loved Maisie and Cameron! Cosway’s
Manoela
4 Stars

Here is the story of Cameron, which I've been waiting for since I read his sister Ellen's book in Fauxmance and let me say that this book was great and left me with a smile from start to finish.

In this book we can see Cameron and Maisie's novel, which on the surface seems to be opposites in every way, but when we know them we see that they are just two people who have more in common than they imagine, they just deal with it differently.While Maisie is that cheerful person who wants to
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
This book had me by the heart almost immediately! The office grump meets the office ray of sunshine? Yes. Sign me up. All day long.

Maisie was adorably quirky, upbeat, and…well…happy-go-lucky. I loved her sunny-nature and plucky spirit. I loved even more, how helpless Cameron was against her charms. I loved how he was drawn to her, even if it was initially against his will. I loved how she softened him, opened him up, and won his heart.

I loved them!

The tone of the book was mostly light, with an
Janey
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
James & Peterson Investigations is filled with the same diverse characters you’d find in every office environment.

This story concentrates on the people pleaser Maisie Wilkins, who has had her perma smile since birth, and surly Cameron Grant, who makes it his daily duty to maintain his unfriendly reputation.

Following Cameron’s appearance at the Christmas party, Maisie finds herself overly interested in why he would entertain them with his presence, given his no shows in previous years. Her
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Swoony Stars

“I take it back.”
“Take what back?”

L H Cosway really does write some fabulous heroes
FMABookReviews
Shelves: arc, l-h-cosway

when Cameron Grant smouldered at you, it sent all your womanly parts into a frenzy.

When a drunken one-night stand after an office Christmas party threatens to turn into a smoldering office romance, Maisie and Cameron realize they have to find a way to deal with their feelings for one another while maintaining a working relationship. When Maisie is offered a promotion, the two make a pact to forgo romance in favor of her training as a new investigator. However, their chemistry can't
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Best Thing
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • His Royal Highness
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway