Start by marking “Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)” as Want to Read:
Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)

Steel Force

(Jack Steel #1)

Blackhood Ops made him a lethal weapon...
Now they want him dead.

The first pulse-pounding, action-packed novel in the Jack Steel Thriller Series that readers are comparing to Robert Ludlum’s Jason Bourne series.

Deadly Blackhood operative Jack Steel has made a career of protecting the innocent, so when a black op to kill terrorists turns into a massacre, he secretly blows

Kindle Edition
Published July 15th 2019 (first published July 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Steel Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steel Force

Start your review of Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)
Kathi Defranc
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great action-adventure story, with intense characters and very interesting situations and plots!! Jack Steel is a Blackhood Operative, making a career out of protecting and saving innocents and stopping terrorists for good! But this new Op he is on starts to make no sense, as they are ordered to kill civilians- something that turns Jack's stomach and has him questioning every order given...
Unable to follow these orders, Jack screws up the whole 'mission', and vows to find those
Scott Parsons
Shelves: thriller, adventure
Fascinating Web of Intrigue

This is the first novel by Geoffrey Saign that I have read. Jack Steel is retired from the military but now works as a Blackhood operative to carry out specific missions that the US government does not wish to be associated with. On his previous mission Jack questions his orders when he is told to ignore the longstanding explicit directive that no civilians are to be killed. Jack foils the mission by injuring the leg of the military chap in charge of the mission. He
Cbyarling
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out with a bang, pun intended.

Jack Steel is on a mission with orders to kill all. When it is obvious that not all of the people in the compound are terrorists, he defies his orders and allows several to escape. Then the hunt to take down Steel begins.

The story is fast-paced with twists and turns that keeps the reader (moi) on our toes.

One interesting thing Saign does is provide the reader with the flora, fauna, birds and insects at most of the story's locations. It make you feel
Judy Johnson
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read and a wonderful start to a new series. No spoilers in this review, but you need to know that this a must-read, that gives stiff competition to any other better-known mystery/thriller authors. A fast-paced story that will keep you glued to the story, Jack Steele is my newest favorite character in a series! Well developed storyline, characters, action, and intrigue, get this and read it for yourself. You will find yourself, like me, anxiously awaiting the next installment. ...more
Shelley O'Donnell
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action-packed, heart-stopping, seat-of-your pants adventure!

This book has everything: treason, betrayal, tragedy, family drama, clandestine government ops, a brooding hero, politics, drug cartels and so much more! It may sound like a bit much going on, but it actially blends quite nicely to make an awesome read!

I've already started Steel Trust because I HAVE to keep on this journey!

I received an ARC of this book from the author and I'm thrilled that I can give an honest review.
Martin Pingree
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome action adventure story ! A black ops operative begins to question his orders when tasked to kill innocent civilians. He is also struggling with a daughter who went missing. This conspiracy runs all the way to the top. Great cast of characters, non stop action, murder, mayhem and intrigue make this an absolute can’t put it down read. I received this advanced readers copy for an honest and unbiased review.
Manfred
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack Steel is a desperate loney soldiers whose daughter went missing a year ago, an event that broke him. Still he hasn't lost his conscience and refuses to kill civilians on a black ops operation to kill 'terrorists'. It turns out the operation really was for a different cause and his refusal brought him on a death list. But he isn't that easy to kill and fights back...
Quanita
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone wants Jack Steel dead. Steel uses all his training in self-defense, weapons and hand-to-hand, to survive. Non-stop action all around the world as he fights off the U.S. government black op
assassins and big business killers. I was gifted this from the author.
Ed
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent! Well- drawn characters make a believable story. An indictment of leaders who have forgotten public service in the pursuit of self-service.
Eric Cousineau
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully crafted action-packed story with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat right to the last page. The story grabs you from the first page and the many twists and turns in the story make it a real page turner that makes it hard to put the book down. Don’t start reading it if you are not prepared to stay up all night!

Thanks to the author who gave me an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily posting this review and all opinions expressed herein are my own.

If you enjoy Jack Reacher or Jason Bourne - you will enjoy this book. Steel Force is an action thriller with an engaging plot with plenty of conspiracies to keep you guessing. Jack Steel is an interesting well-rounded character who is driven by a strong moral code.
Nicole Oberembt
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Really enjoyed this first offering in this series. Good believable characters with depth of character that can be built on in future books. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Vladimir Tsurkan
Good read

There is a lot going on in this book, with twists and turn in all unexpected directions. Some are pretty far fetched, but at the end made up pretty good read and I will be following with the purchase of next installment for sure. Recommended.
Frances Bowles
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed!

Full of action and Jack Steel very believable hero. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to more in this line. Would highly get it to everyone.
Emy-Lou Chadwick
Some predictable twists but a decent action read.
Prasanna
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An action thriller that has so many twists and turns.
Alexis
Dec 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not thrilled this book was compared to the Mitch Rapp series, doesn’t even come close.
Robert C. smith
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Truly Addictive, Exciting Mystery!

Be prepared for your emotions to be tugged up and down as this brilliantly creative author drags you through hope and despair with no suspession if where it will end! One of the most cleverly written mysteries ever!
Cecilia L. McGinnis
Great action adventure

Loved every twist and turn. Couldn't put it down. The characters were so real to me. Thanks for the great read!
Teresa J. Pugh
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed. It had good characters, action packed and could not put it down.
John Roach,
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good yarn . Will certainly read more of the series.
Rachel Cacek
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pins and needles thriller

Realistic characters converge in a convoluted plot about deceit, money and diabolical plans, wonderfully written, grabs your interest from first word through the last.
John Karlson
Read betyer, read worse...

Finished it, wanted to put down more than once. Have read worse and better. Lots of other stuff out there worth your time and monry.
RonMele
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Great beach read
Geraldine Rubin
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

First I thank you for not using foul language not having the main characters fall in bed with each other in your book!! This story is full of suspense. Likable, well developed main characters. A page turner! Looking forward to reading the next book! Thank you
Amanda Harvey
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book..

I hated to put this book down. It kept my interest the whole way.
I will definitely read more by Saign.
C P
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another grand adventure

Not my first Steel book, but waterboarding my first I decided I needed to.go to the beginning. Well!unwritten with levels of deceit lead me page After pAge and ended w me wanting more.
Jeannie Woollard
awesome, couldn't put it down. I wish I was a faster reader. look forward to reading the next in the Steele series.
Jacqueline E Raccio
Excellent

Well developed characters. Action from the first page. I will continue to follow this author. Very well developed themes. A must read.
Michael Moody
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I saw its high ratings and it certainly deserves them. My newest favorite author

• Project StrikeForce: Exodus (Project StrikeForce #3)
  • Russia Girl (A Natalia Nicolaeva Thriller #1)
  • Cold Kill (Caine: Rapid Fire #2)
  • Clint Wolf Boxed Set: Books 7 - 9
  • Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)
  • The Body Market (Leine Basso #3)
  • Calculated Sabotage (The Calculated, #3)
  • New York Strip (Rip Lane, #4)
  • Sufficient Evidence: A Novel
  • Fool Me Twice (Jake Lassiter #6)
  • The Judas Murders (Whippoorwill Hollow, #3)
  • Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • The Freeport Robbery (The Travelers #4)
  • The Girl Who Ran Away (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #4; The Girl Who Ran Trilogy #1)
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Consumed (Agent Hank Rawlings, #2)

Award-winning author Geoffrey Saign has spent many years studying kung fu and sailed all over the South Pacific and Caribbean. He uses that experience and sense of adventure to write the Jack Steel and Alex Sight thriller action series.

Geoff’s love of wildlife led him to write the award-winning fantasy series, Magical Beasts. He is also the author of a stress reduction book, and Green Essentials

Jack Steel (2 books)
  • Steel Assassin (Jack Steel #2)