Start by marking “Watch Her Die” as Want to Read:
Watch Her Die

Watch Her Die

(Detective Inspector Temple Mystery #1)

MEET A NEW AUTHOR WHO WILL TAKE YOU ON AN ADDICTIVE CRIME THRILLER JOURNEY.

HE WATCHED HER DIE

Who murdered Greta Ashton-Jones? This beautiful married woman is found naked, strangled and tied to her bed. Who’s been watching her and taking pictures of her? Who needed to kill her — and why?

Detective
Published July 3rd 2019 by Joffe Books crime, thriller, and mystery

To ask other readers questions about Watch Her Die, please sign up.
Isaac Kirzner When someone writes a synopsis, they are inevitably revealing what they found significant and how it affected them. Reading such reviews helps me know…moreWhen someone writes a synopsis, they are inevitably revealing what they found significant and how it affected them. Reading such reviews helps me know how to judge the value of the review for me.(less)

Start your review of Watch Her Die
Linda Strong
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Please note this book was originally published as “Death Watch.”

DI Temple is called upon to investigate the murder of a woman who was found strangled in her bed. As usual, law enforcement first looks at the husband. In this instance, the husband has been out of the country.

It becomes a lot more complicated when the medical examiner sends a report showing the woman was 2 months pregnant. Her husband's? It also comes to light that the victim was seeing more than one man while her husband was gone.
Jenny
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery, england
Watch Her Die is book one in the Detective Inspector Temple Mystery by Deborah Lucy. Greta Ashton-Jones body found naked, strangled and tied to her bed. Uninspected Inspector Temple caught the case, and he needs to find the killer quickly. However, the case was not a simple domestic that everyone thought and to make it more difficult for Inspector Temple when an old enemy of his release from jail who wants him dead. The readers of Watch Her Die will continue to follow Inspector Temple to find ...more
Pat
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story but pretty standard type of police procedural with maybe some extra gore thrown in, I forget.
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first in series

Deborah Lucy is a new author to Joffe Books publishers and also to me so I was interested to read the books which sounded very good.

Greta is married to Maxwell but neither are faithful and the story begins with Greta being tied to the bed as part of a sex game. She is later found dead by her cleaner.

Detective Temple is SIO of the case but his life is in crisis and his superior officer has an axe to grind with Temple which means Temple is not only under pressure to crack the
Alyson Read
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Please note this book was originally published as “Death Watch.”
The first in a new series featuring DI Temple, a detective working in Swindon, Wiltshire. He has a more than troubled past, right from being rescued from the scene of his mother's murder when he was seven (a case never solved and one which he is determined to get justice for) through a less than faithful marriage and bearing the career-long hatred of Chief Superintendent Clive Harker who blames him for his daughter turning to a life
Brian Murgatroyd
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A n interesting storyline.

Well worth reading ,very procedural investigation and good characters.Some not very nice people and the crimes horrendous.Us reader's meet a lot of different characters from both sides with insights of their lives.The case is brought to a conclusion,Leaving it on a cliffhanger.I have book two which I look forward to reading,maybe it will finish it off and continue to expand more of the characters.
Diane E
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written

D I Temple seems to be between a rock and a hard space in this book . So much is going on took me a bit to get it all sorted out. A murder in the 1980s . A pending divorce . A woman found murdered and tied up in her bed . A foul tempered inspector breathing down his neck . The woman's life was very complicated . Oh, yes a touch of arson from someone he had locked up.
joan caryl jewitt
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

If you enjoy a good murder/police procedure read, you will certainly like this one. So many people in the frame but, like a dog with a bone, Temple eventually gets his man!
Shona P
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Complex

Good book,well crafted and set up for a series with unfinished questions..... main character is flawed and complex, male characters manipulative and females underplayed. Let us see what happens next....
Jamie Smith
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read

Enjoyed reading this book, good story and easy to get to know the characters. Look forward to reading the next one.
Geraldine Czahor
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gc

This was a very good read. Well written. From the beginning right to the very last page. Could not put it down. Very good recommendation.
Victoria Slotto
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I just couldn't get into this novel. For me, lack of compelling characters, "telling, not showing" and inadequate descriptions. It could just be me. I gave it 20% on my Kindle.
Sally Rogers
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read

Very complex case involving a lot of intertwined people, resulting in a good psychological thriller. A page turner, that keeps you guessing
Isaac Kirzner
Mr John Eric Mann
Aug 04, 2019
Christine Phillips
Sep 05, 2019

• He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
  • I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Slice
  • The Farming Murder (Eric Ward #2)
  • Fear on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #3)
  • Depth of Despair (DI Mike Nash #1)
  • Killer on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery, #4)
  • Secrets on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin mystery #5)
  • ROLLOVER a gripping crime thriller you won’t be able to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 1)
  • Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)
  • Silent Crimes
  • THE MORALS OF A MURDERER an enthralling crime mystery full of twists (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries Book 4)
  • BLOOD ON THE COWLEY ROAD a gripping mystery full of twists (Detective Susan Holden Book 1)
  • His Last Breath: (DI Karen Heath Crime Series Book 2)
  • Cold is the Caller (DI Bethany Smith #1)
  • The Woman on the Cliff

Detective Inspector Temple Mystery (2 books)
  • Dead of Night