Start by marking “Sinfully Spellbound” as Want to Read:
Sinfully Spellbound

Sinfully Spellbound

(Spells That Bind #1)

As the daughter of a high-ranking warlock and a succubus, I’ve felt caught between two worlds my entire life. I’m not saying witches are prudes, but most look down on sex demons. As for the succubi? Let’s just say my mother is constantly worried I’m neglecting those needs. Spoiler alert: I have been. After six months of celibacy, I need a little relief, and Dylan Hunt is t ...more
Published 2019 (first published January 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Sinfully Spellbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinfully Spellbound

Tracey
ARC REVIEW

A fab new series from Cassandra Lawson that had me spellbound!

Witches, Warlocks, Succubus, Demons, Vampires and Shifters this book has it all the full preternatural world.

I have to admit I find the idea of Warlocks very sexy, Dylan Hunt is a strong Warlock that plays the field rather than trying to meet his other witch half, his mother does his best to match him up but his having none of it.

Dylan has a trusted friend Trevor, his a bit of a man whore too, he throws parties and gets lot
Rithy
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Witchy stars

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This was my first book by Cassandra Lawson and she didn't let me down. This book had the perfect mix of humor, romance, good storyline and of course the knock your pants off sexy lovin! Not really surprising considering Allie our heroine is a succubus.

I fell in love with both main characters, Allie is a hoot, she speaks her mind and collects guy friends like I collect cats. (which is alot btw). Our hero is a powerful warlock who has an
mnknmnkn
Apr 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Even when the heroine is a sex demon, she’s still prudish and more inexperienced! She’s supposed to be a sex demon!!! Don’t make her one if your going to make her the cliche innocent type.
Katy Birch
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allie and Dylan.

Loved this book. Allie is a succumbus/witch while Dylan is a warlock. Allie believes Dylan is only interested in her because of the succumbus. They both go through hell, especially Dylan to make her believe this isnt the case. The chemistry is through the roof and it takes a lot of crap for them to finally admit their feelings.

Great storyline and action packed with drama.

Mollien Fote Osterman
80%
Title: Sinfully Spellbound
Author: Cassandra Lawson
Series: Sinfully Spellbound
Release Date: January 24, 2016
Genre(s): Paranormal Romance, Witches, Vampire, succubus, and other demons, suspense
Page Count: 287 pages
Heat Level: # 4 flames out of 5
Rating: # 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

While most mothers are worried about their adult children getting enough to eat, Allie’s succubus mom is worried about her having enough sex—and even Allie has to admit that six months without a man is too long. When she mee
Mandy Parmenter
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allie is a succubus and has not had sex for 6 months even though her Mum is always asking her is she is getting enough of it (freaky). Then she meets a warlock called Dylan who avoids commitment like the plague but feels she cannot resist him so plans for a one night stand with him to get him out of her system - except that Dylan bizarrely doesn't agree with that view. Can he change her negative view of warlocks while keeping her safe from a serial killer of succubi?

I loved this story - it had
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

I have read just about all of Cassandra Lawson's books. And even though I have enjoyed them, this new series for me, will top them ALL. Sinfully Spellbound was seriously seductive and had a delicious, sexy smokiness to it that is so good. I loved Dylan and Allie! The magic, the danger, the smoldering sex was SO. DANG. HOT. I could hardly put the book down. I am So dang intrigued with this new series. It is exactly the kind of paranormal romance that I enjoy. It
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

Warlocks, Succubi, and Vampires, oh my!! I'm a sucker for a great romantic suspense, but add in the paranormal aspect and I'm a goner.

This story was positively spellbinding (see what I did there *wink wink*). Cassandra Lawson's understanding of the world and characters she created translated effortlessly to the pages. I was completely wrapped up in the characters and the mystery she presented us.

Unique characters, intriguing storyline, and fluid prose had me devouring every word. Layers of perso
Claire
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, blog-arc
I've read and enjoyed other books by this author so when I heard she was releasing a new series I was eager to read it. I enjoyed this book a lot.

Dylan is a commitment-phobe warlock who is getting annoyed with his mother pushing him to find a nice witch and settle down. Allie is a succubus who also wants to avoid a relationship. When they meet through a mutual friend the sparks fly and they decide to have a no strings night of fun. I don't think either expected it to go any further but things do
Andrea Huseman
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A huge 5 star beginning to what I know will be another amazing series by this author. Can be read as a standalone BUT I feel confident book 2 will be added to TBR lists.
Love this storyline. So unique and spunky. Just packed full of entertainment and creativity.
Gained myself some new favorite characters. How to describe?? Fun- energetic-attachable-realistic - well written etc.
The dialogue between both primary and secondary roles was great. It did exactly what any good conversation should do whe
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I love Cassandra Lawson as an author, the Psy-Vamp and Moon Virus series have a firm place on my kindle as favourites. So when I heard about a new series, I jumped at the chance to read and review. I am so glad that I did as Cassandra Lawson has another winner on her hands, as far as I am concerned.

This book has everything - mystery, suspense, murder, rituals, sex, humour, romance, I mean, it simply has it all. The repartee between Allie and Dylan is fantastic, even when Allie admits to being ar
Jennifer B
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassandra's new series is jaw dropping hot. Full of supernaturals including one of the main characters portrayed as a succubus, so how can it not be hot, right? I really love the characters in this book. They will draw you into their story and not let you leave until you finish the book.
Allie and Dylan have some serious chemistry from the moment they meet. They may fight it, one harder than the other, but eventually they give in. Now the question is - Can they live long enough to find out if th
Books 2 Blog
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author and I am in love!! This is the first book in a series but can be read as a standalone. Allie is a succubus and she needs to have sex in order to survive. However, she is afraid to get involved with anyone emotionally. She meets Dylan who is a a warlock known for playing the field. What could possibly go wrong? Everything!! When they both realize one night isn't going to cut it and there is a killer on the loose. Dylan will do everything in his power to keep A ...more
J.N. Sheats
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! Generally I don't have a lot of time to read, and given my restriction on free time it can take me months to finish one book. Sinfully Spellbound I could not put down. Right from the beginning I was hooked!

The main characters were well developed, the side characters were great to and I want to know more about them. The world building was solid, I need to know more. On top of all that awesomeness I wasn't able to figure out the killer till the end, so major brownie points f
Reily Garrett
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I’ve read by this author. As I don’t normally read this type of paranormal, the blurb pulled me in.
The book was well written with great interactions between Dylan and Allie, a warlock and succubus. The alternate world created of supernatural beings mixed everyday facets of life with extraordinary events. I loved the interactions between warlocks, witches, and demons.
The characters were well developed and great to get to know. Dialogue flowed well in a fast-paced story.
Sylvia
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ali and Dylan ...what a pair... I enjoyed the story of these two very much.
Ali is a succubus/witch and Dylan in a warlock... both never intending to have anything but a one night stand, until they have one with each other. The back story is one of murder and dark magic. Some one is killing succubi in order to reach their full potential of dark magic. Once Ali is attacked... Dylan does all he can to protect her.
Great addition to this series!
Amanda
Short review. Sizzling paranormal mystery romance. Dylan and Allie are likable and enjoyable characters to read about so are many of the side characters. There were a few times that the story felt just a little long and the mystery surrounding who the killer could be could have been handle better, it felt a little to easy to figure out who the killer was.
Kerry
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot, Hot, Hot!!! I love a feisty, self-assured female lead and Allie is exactly that even after she meets her match in Dylan. This book keeps your attention and is panty melting hot!!!! The story is very well written and even a little mysterious to keep the reader on their toes!!! And steamy sex is abundant!!!! my kinda book!!!
Felicia Semmler
I though this was a great book. The story between Dylan and Allie is dramatic and keeps you on your toes. I didn't see the ending coming and that always makes me happy.
I can't wait to start Trevor's book.
Trisha
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very sweet book

You wouldn't think so by the title and description, but I found Dylan to be extremely sweet.
Maybe I'm insane though?

I enjoyed this books very much. :)
Pam
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous start to a new series!
Once again Cassandra Lawson does not disappoint. A paranormal smorgasbord. Warlocks and witches and demons, oh my. Oh and don't forget the sassy succubus.
You're gonna fall in love with Dylan and Allie.
Christine
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sex filled hot paranormal love story. Well written to keep the reader interested with a bit of suspense. Ready for the next one!
Erin
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nancy Metsch
Jan 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried to read this book. It's just not for me
✧*:・゚✧QueenVeneris✧*:・゚✧
YA with explicit scenes..

I honestly felt like I was reading a YA instead of a mature paranormal romance.

If it wasn't for the sex I would have definitely thought it was YA. The book was just Bleh and the whole nick thing is obvious. The characters were weak and predictable.
I wish the main female character (forgot her name I think it's ally) had more of a back bone. She talks about being all tough and independent but she's just a damsel in distress.
The main male character David isn't any better
Teri
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. At first I was worried about it being a succubus book and thought the sex would over power the story. I am so glad I grabbed this book and was able to truly enjoy every aspect of it. I even liked the overly cocky alpha Dylan who in all his crazy really was a nice guy. The sidekicks Trevor and Mil are adorable and are a great addition to the story. I can't wait to read book two and see what this author will come up with next. I ...more
T.
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Sinfully Spellbound as a free ebook from Amazon. An interesting plot with some fun characters, but the overall plot was pretty transparent (easy to guess the bad guys--too many clues, maybe?). I liked the writing, but wearied of the sex scenes after awhile--they are to be expected in a succubus story, but I found them repetitive after awhile. Good pacing on the story, with interesting sub-plots to keep the story rolling along.
Lynn Latimer
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5⭐read

This was the first book from this author I have read and it was really good. I have to be honest I only got it because it was cheap and sounded interesting but I'm really glad I did because I loved it. Dylan is my type of guy and Allie is sassy and feisty. They had some major chemistry together and the story line e was good as well. I can't wait to read Trevor's story in the next book.
Lisa Lawson
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sinfully Spellbound is my first read by Cassandra Lawson and I loved it! It was well-written. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters. This book has passion, mystery, and a terrific plot twist. Dylan and Allie's story had me engrossed from page one. Can't wait to start the next book in this series. I have found a new paranormal author to follow. 5 stars!
Chelle Funari
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sinfully great book

Loved it! This is going to be a great series!!! Recommend this book and series to everyone who has not yet read it! Going to be purchasing all books in this series.

• Legacy of Blood (Skye Morrison, #4)
  • Piece by Piece (West End #3)
  • Dark Mercy (Masters of Mercy #1)
  • In Deep (In Deep, #1)
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • Never Say Love
  • Sugar and Sin (Eververse, #1)
  • Satyr from the Shadows (The Cursed Satyroi, #3)
  • Trigger (The Pericolo Series)
  • Bossy Request
  • Dance with Me (Under the Uniform, #1)
  • Queen of Wolves (Queen of Wolves, #1)
  • Saving Avery
  • Daughter of Deception (Family Lies, #1)
  • Deception (Blue Moon Saloon #5)
  • Crocuta Crocuta (Bound Gods, #5)
  • All of Me (The Trust Me Trilogy, #3)
  • Confessions Of A Small Town Librarian (Confession Series Book 1)
Cassandra Lawson lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and her two youngest children. When she is not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, listening to music, or curling up with a good book.

Spells That Bind (5 books)
  • Shamelessly Spellbound
  • Seductively Spellbound
  • Undeniably Hellbound
  • Inescapably Hellbound
“Grabbing a large piece of broken glass from the lamp, I shoved it into the back of Marcos’ knee.” 0 likes