Start by marking “The Haunting at Paradise House” as Want to Read:
The Haunting at Paradise House

The Haunting at Paradise House

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  14 reviews
If you were given the chance to become a powerful sorceress, would you leave behind everything you thought you knew?

When Addison is offered the position of her dreams through a mysterious phone call, she rises to the occasion and moves to the Florida Keys to a mansion called Paradise House.

Footsteps from playful ghosts, a room of killer dolls, and a
Kindle Edition
Published October 8th 2019 by Grim House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting at Paradise House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting at Paradise House

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Haunting at Paradise House
Shalini
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
How to defeat a demon? Read the book to know the answer.

Addison was offered a job at the Paradise House to look after an old man. Strange things began to happen, marionettes coming to life, strange kid roaming the halls, demon controlling the old man, his minion trying to control Addison.

My first book by author Killian Wolf, the book was fun to read. The first half spooked me when Addison got to experience the rumbles of the house and weird incidents, though I wished the atmosphere in this sec
Samantha
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via the author and Rachel's Random Resources. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

There's only one thing Addison needs right now... a job! She is a trained nurse with her resume submitted to all the hospitals and care centers. Finally she gets a call for a job from a man who claims he found her resume online and needs her to take care of his father, the only c
Deekay
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I’m looking for in a Fantasy genre; another dimension, magic/supernatural power, dead spirits, grim reapers, a spell book, dark entity, rituals etc. I really loved the elements this book has.

I truly didn’t expect that I would ended up loving this book. The writing was smooth and steady, making the whole story to be so easy to get or understand. The storyline has a lot of shocking twists, and I didn’t see it all coming. It was nice to be surprised by the story
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Rachel’s Random Resources for this free copy.

I think that I’m back into the paranormal/supernatural fantasy types of books again? Sometimes I feel like I can get overloaded by the genre and then all the books start to run together and feel very similar, but I really enjoyed this one. I absolutely adore sibling relationships explored in novels, especially in pa
Melissa
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first novel in The Reapers of the Veil series by Killian Wolf is an engaging delve into contemporary fantasy. It opens with two reapers, Ambrose and Deacon, the former of whom has botched a collection. It then jumps to the apartment of lead character Addison, a young woman looking for work as a nurse. When a live-in position falls into her lap, she is trepidatious, but accepts the position anyway, and then strange events begin to occur.

While some of the setup was a bit implausib
Jessica Bronder
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Addison is given the opportunity to be a live in nurse for Dax’s father, Orlando. But strange things are happening at the house and it’s clear that a demon is after Orlando. Addison meets Ambrose in the worst way possible but it is clear that there is something going on with Ambrose and Dax and that it involves Addison. They are going to have to work together to stop the demon, and help both Dax and Ambrose with their problems.

This is one of those stories that I want to write a summary of the b
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Addison wants nothing more than to be a nurse but is getting nowhere. Out of the blue she is offered a job working at Paradise House. But the moment she sets foot there strange things start to happen and she thinks there’s more to her new employers than what meets the eye.

The Haunting at Paradise House is a combination of fantastical elements with ghostly goings on, intrigue, mystery and a dash of romance added to the mix.

There’s plenty of spooky scenes, with some very cr
Trinity Lecroy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My beginning thoughts were it was confusing and hard to understand. After getting a couple chapters in, I loved it. It was different than any books I've recently read. I liked how the author incorporated things that most people fear, such as, what happens after death. This book was refreshing and interesting to say the least. I loved the part when Addison found out the whole truth. It was definitely a twist I was not expecting. Also, it took me to the end of the book to understand the beginning, ...more
Christy Hancock
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting storyline! Ghosts, reapers, demons, and magic. I liked the main characters and felt that they grew throughout the book. At times the story felt slow but it didn't take away from the interest at all. The action was fast paced so you kinda needed the story to slow a bit. That doll room freaked me out!! My only wish was that there was a little more romance but overall it was a fun read.
Melissa (missy)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rogue Reaper is the prologue to Killian's new book coming out... The Haunting at Paradise House. It’s the first in the series Reapers of the Veil.
It was a very short but exciting read from beginning to end.
I can not wait for The Haunting at Paradise House.
Kaili Taghon (Entertainingly Nerdy)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really enjoyed the haunting at paradise house. It kept me interested and wanting to know more. However I do think it kind of lacks that character driven plot that I think would've worked well for this book. I still enjoyed it and I'm really excited to read the next one!
Joanna Harris
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different kind of story. Scary but not real scary. Likeable characters. Story is mysterious and slowly unfolds into something bigger. You’ll have to wait til the end for the whole truth to come out.
I like that the book ends but if you really like it, there’s another book coming.
Jasmine
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Review coming soon.
Brittney's Review
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
After a slow burn start with some rough transitions between scenes and chapters, this book picked up pretty well. The characters fell a little flat in the first half of the book, but this was due to the twist in the end so it balanced out. Overall the scare factor was more of one of suspense and not scary. It is a good read for those who like magic as well as ghosts.
Maria Sinclair