Start by marking “Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Wrecked

Wrecked

The call comes when Beckett Adler least expects it. He’s made a new life for himself in Vermont and has a law practice of his own. After four years he’s even stopped wearing his wedding ring. So when he finds out his husband, bull rider Skyler Paulson, has been seriously injured at an event, he isn’t sure what he wants to do. He knows what’s right though, so he heads down ...more
Published July 23rd 2019 by Tygerseye Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So we have Skyler who is a bull rider and Beckett is his husband. They haven’t seen or spoken in 4 years, that tore me up as they never stopped loving each other. I wanted to smack these two stubborn men, at least one of them could have swallowed their pride and reached out to the other. But like most men, they have to do it the hard way. Sky comes out on the losing end of a ride, with the bull trampling him and busting him up to the point that it was not looking good for our cowboy. Beck gets t ...more
Anabela.M.
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beck and Sky's marriage used to be the classical "can't live with you, can't live without you, either" story,and the proof that sometimes love  actually isn't enough to keep a couple together. Because loving each other never was an issue for them,in fact their love was,IS,fierce...the problem was that didn't know how to talk to each other.

Stubborn and prideful,heartbroken and lonely,they live apart for 4 years,until Sky gets stumped after a bull ride and he's badly injured... Being so close to
Taya
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-sh-recs
review to come.
Meg
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although there is some angst in this story, there was nowhere near the amount I was expecting. This book is about a married couple that have been separated for around four years, with no contact during that period of time.The characters are developed enough for the story, but we don't get much in the way of background aside from their relationship.

Beck is a lawyer, very organized, making a life for himself...and missing a part of himself everyday. Sky is a two time bull riding champion and all a
Xanthe
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
**3.5 rounded up**
I really enjoyed the story and how things worked out for our couple, Beckett and Skylar. Still married even though they haven't seen each other in four years and then Beckett gets the dreaded phone call of Skylar being hurt whilst on the job, Bull Riding. Months of surgeries, rehab and therapy to get his body working again but Beckett refuses to leave the man instead bringing him home.
There's a tension between the two men but also a combustible attraction that is causes spark
R
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Beckett had loved only one man, his husband, his bull riding cowboy. Hadn’t talked to him in four years but still deeply in love with him. When he gets a call saying that if he wants to say goodbye to the man he loves, he’d better get to Baltimore fast, he did exactly that.

Skyler is a champion. The rodeo consuming his life, even letting it ruin his marriage. When he is critically hurt he wakes up to Beck. The man he never thought he’d see again.

When Sky begins to recover, he goes home with Beck.
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Okay so I admit that this one confused me. So, from the blurb we know that these two men are still married but estranged and separated. Why? Well, because Beckett thought Sky was having an affair with his rodeo buddy Parker. Flash forward 4 years later and Sky get hurt and Beckett drops everything to go be with him. But then we learn through an awkward conversation that while Parker and Sky never had penetrative sex , Sky did give Parker “an awkward handjob that resulted in giggles”. Kay. Um so ...more
Elle
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a great premise for a story, and started out really well.Most m/m books are all about the romance and you hardly come across one about a couple struggling with married life, just like in this one.

It wasn't all sweetness and light, through a lack of communication, the couple split 4 years previously. Before I carry on with the review, I must say that this rankled, 4 years without any contact, kind of took stubborn pride to a new level, and I'm not sure that I bought it.

It could have bee
Ashley
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I grew up on horses, and although showing wasn't my thing, my family still participates in some rodeos. So when I saw the blurb for this I knew I had to read this. Beck is a lawyer who gets a call that his estranged husband has been severely injured in a bull riding accident, potentially fatally. He runs to his side to be there to possibly say goodbye, and through Sky's recovery they start to rekindle their relationship.

Overall it was a very sweet read. I did feel like the reconciliation was ma
Jennifer Reilley
3.5 stars.

Beckett is a lawyer living in Vermont and has a successful business. Skylar is bullrider living event to event. They are married but separated for about 4 years until Beckett gets the call he seemed to always expect from Parker. Parker is the last person Beck wants to hear from but he goes running to Skylars side.

I enjoyed the guys and the love they had for each other and they never stopped loving each other either. They were just stubborn and needed some smacking and to learn how to
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book just didn’t hit the mark for me. I will say that I really liked both Beckett and Sky, but there’s was something missing. They were apart for four years, not even a word. Beck couldn’t bear knowing that Sky could be killed at any moment when riding bulls, but Sky couldn’t give it up. After Beck gets the call he always dreaded getting he ran to Sky’s side to care for him. It was a lot of back and forth after that, no real drama.
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beck and Sky were so stubborn but it kind of worked in their favor. Their stubbornness helped Sky get back on his feet and it help them both take the second chance they were given. I really enjoyed following along with them on their journey to their happy ending.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Zane Kage
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25
Ky
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Reading the blurb I got excited thinking it was a second chance story with the required groveling, broken hearts and working through past issues.

The story started and everything was going very well, the characters, Beck and Sky, had a complicated past and it was clear there were a lot of things they had to work out between them, past hurts to get over and wrong decisions to make right.

As the story moved along though it became more and more sugary and corny. I never felt like we got to learn thei
Amy Dufera
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wrecked is a stunning second chance romance by Jodi Payne and BA Tortuga.

First of all, this book grabbed my attention with the estrangement of husbands Sky and Beckett. Second of all, a macho, gay bull-rider? I mean, really, a gay bull-rider? Hell yes!

Estranged from his husband, Beckett gets a call that his husband, Sky, is injured. The call he's always dreaded, it doesn't matter than they haven't spoken in years, Beckett doesn't hesitate to run off to see Sky.

Their backstory is heavily rooted
Dixiecowgirl
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful second chance romance with a little angst and lots of heart. I really enjoyed how this married couple who had been estranged due to angry words and a misunderstanding found their way back to each other. Love was never their issue, they had lots of love, just didn't have enough communication and understanding of each other. I enjoyed the supporting characters. The writing was good and the story-line was engaging. I could have read more of these two for sure.

Skyler and Beckett both are
Cee Brown
Shelves: lescourt-books
ღ)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` ღ "Sometimes love wasn't enough to put a square peg in a round hole." ~Sky

"...he knew he'd never completely understand everything Sky had lost the day that bull ended his career." Yet all Beckett wanted was another chance with the man he fell in love with. That is, once Skylar survived his injuries, learned to forgive himself and Beck and look toward the future.

But with a life he'd ever only known turned to dust, doubts and regrets came home to roust. Sky could have the
Shannon
Shelves: mm
This was thoroughly enjoyable story about second chances and miscommunication and how love helps.
Beck and Sky separated four years ago because of Sky’s love of bull riding and Beck’s need to have his husband with him for longer than minutes.
Sky was in a terrible bull riding accident, severely damaging his body. Beck comes racing back to take care of his lover.
Through trial and error, and Sky’s inability to get away from arguments and Beck’s unquestioning love, they are able to find their way
Heather Rawlins
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Wrecked. It was messy, sweet and kept me hooked all the way through. I also liked that although it may have started with a bit of miscommunication, the rest of the story didn’t have any. I liked the positive way the story went. I loved it wasn’t full of turmoil. It was fast-paced and I loved all of it. I would totally recommend this book.
Nanna Sander
Jul 15, 2019
JenCW
Jul 21, 2019
Jodi Payne
Jul 22, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Monica G Krussow
Julia Talbot
Lauren
Sandra
Jul 23, 2019
JODI spent too many years in New York and San Francisco stage managing classical plays, edgy fringe work, and the occasional musical. She, therefore, is overdramatic, takes herself way too seriously, and has been known to randomly break out in song. Her men are imperfect but genuine, stubborn but likable, often kinky, and frequently their own worst enemies. They are characters you can’t help but f ...more