Start by marking “No Time to Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
No Time to Say Goodbye

No Time to Say Goodbye

It hit me, the reality of it, in a way it hadn’t before like a sledgehammer straight to the chest. Laura was gone. She was never coming back. I’d never see her again; she’d never hum in the kitchen, she’d never pull Ruby onto her lap and tickle her tummy as she buried her face in the sweet curve of our daughter’s shoulder.

Nathan West loved his wife Laura with all his heart. But n
Published September 27th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about No Time to Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Time to Say Goodbye

Start your review of No Time to Say Goodbye
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: NATHAN
I didn't take the call. I'll never forgive myself for that, even though I learned later it didn't matter. It was already too late. I don't even know who the call was from - the police? A stranger?

I'd never know, but the time of the call still haunted me - 11:42. Just minutes after the moment of my wife's death, according to witnesses. Apparently, someone was checking the time on their phone while a lunatic drew a gun and shot my wife.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Natha
Berit☀️✨
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, blog-tour, arc
Kate Hewitt has written another emotionally draining and heart wrenching story. A tale drenched in grief, guilt, and blame. How does a family survive when the person who held it all together is no longer around? How do you live another day, take another breath, when the worst possible thing has happened? This is the story of Nathan and his three daughters and how they try to pick up the pieces and learn to live again after Laura their wife/mother has been murdered. It was heartbreaking watching ...more
Pauline
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Nathan is devastated when his wife Laura is killed in an act of violence by a stranger. He is left to look after his three young daughters.
A story of a family coming to terms of the loss of their mother.
Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Shalini
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a title and the cover such a this, I knew I was in a heart rendering journey, and my instincts were bang-on. I read the book armed with a box of tissues. A family lost its backbone and devastation left its scars. Life changed.

Laura, a mother and a wife died suddenly and the family was left bereft like an oarless boat being ravaged by the storms of life. Husband Nathan needed answers to try to make sense of what was left. He met Maria, the woman befriended by Laura, who helped him as well a
Robin Loves Reading
Nathan's wife Laura is dead and he is now alone to raise their three young daughters. Facing this challenge, and the fact that he doesn't know his daughters as well as he thinks he does, causes him to reach out. For starters, Nathan cannot believe the circumstances in which his wife died. When he meets a woman at Laura's funeral, she is the very person Nathan reaches out to.

This woman, Maria, said that she was a friend of Laura's. Before long, she pretty much steps right in and thing
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
If ever there was a story that reminds you how life can change in an instant, this is it.

Nathan and his daughters lives are turned upside down when his wife, Laura, dies suddenly. It was actually really interesting seeing things from a male perspective in this story. The bread winner, the one who needs to be strong, having to not only deal with his own loss but the grief of his children also. My heart went out to this heart broken family.

The story alternates between Natha
Robyn
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Hewitt never stops amazing me with each new book release. I am such a huge fan and at this point, I don’t even need to read a synopsis of a book as long as it has Kate Hewitt’s name on it I am going to NEED to read it. Hewitt has such a way of immersing her readers in her signature style of emotionally heartbreaking and tearjerker storylines. With her newest release, No Time to Say Goodbye, Hewitt has really upped the game and the tears with a story that will completely break your heart. ...more
Annette
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2019
A very fast story of loss,grief and learning to go on.
I enjoyed the story,I had pretty much figured out the story line before I was half way through. Thanks to Netgalley for the early copy
Colleen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new refreshing read with a lot of sadness.

I can truly say I was surprised by this author’s new book. I read her Harlequin Presents and loved them. I read this book and can say it was unequivocally the best book I read this year. Kate Hewitt story is about Laura a wife and mother to three young girls and who also wants to do more with her life than
be a housewife and to show her daughters it is good to help others. Laura’s new journey sends her and her husband and children lives down this long
Judy Odom
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Time to Say Goodbye is a book that will break your heart but give you hope.

It is a book of hope, faith and family and added in is the mystery who shot and randomly killed Laura on the subway leaving Nathan a widow with 3 young girls.

Its a book that shows how life changes in an instant, how we all have different perspective of our relationships.

Its about about healing and family.

Maria is a strong part of the book who comes in to look after the girls as they
Joan
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Nathan West’s wife Laura is shot dead in a seamlessly random subway attack, he is left in deep shock, grief-stricken and a newly lone parent without support for his three daughters and himself. He cannot believe that it has happened. First in denial and then raging about the waste and unfairness of the attack, he takes time off work to support Alexis, aged fourteen, Ella aged ten and Ruby, their happy surprise, aged just four. After fifteen years of happy marriage, Nathan begins to realise ...more
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Kate Hewitt, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me this book so I may bring you this review.

No Time To Say Goodbye is a heartbreaking and gripping emotional page turner by Kate Hewitt. So many times, in this book there was no time to say goodbye-so this was a perfect title for this must-read book. This book will bring up so many emotions up in you including sadness and anger. Not to mention empathy for the children especially Ruby. This is one incredibly powerful read
Vanessa
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-x, xx
"Warning...............Warning................You will need Tissues when you read this brilliant book by the author Kate Hewitt. No Time to Say Goodbye by Kate Hewitt was just an emotional roll a coaster. This is a book that everything in your life can change in a blink of an eye."

Nathan was happily married to Laura and they had three young daughters. Laura held the family together and was the heart of their family. Until one day in a blink of an eye all their world came crashing down when Laur
T.J. Fox
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review-copy
Overall: 3/5 Stars
Characters: 3/5 Stars
Believability: 3/5 Stars
Peeve Factor: 3/5 Stars
Personal Opinion: 3/5 Stars

This was an emotionally impactful story in the sense that you really get a feel for the loss and the grief this family is suffering and the steps they have to take to move forward after that loss. Unfortunately, the blurb really leads you to believe this is going to be a story about much more than just that and it mostly isn’t. There really isn’t th
Olivia L
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With my favorite books that are centered around a tragedy, there is always the promise of hope at the end. After enduring all of the angst and drama, the reader is rewarded with closure, with the possibility of a brighter future—a way for the characters to move forward and live again. It is that soft landing that keeps us turning the pages.

'No Time to Say Goodbye' gifts the reader with a soft landing... and then pulls the rug out!

This book ran the gamut of all the feels: sadness, ho
Els
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You live your everyday life and you take a lot, almost everything for granted. You focus on one thing and the rest is going on the backburner. Suddenly there is an incident and that’s when you get kicked in the butt. A period full of regrets and what ifs starts and you are feeling like you are falling in a bottomless pit. But life goes on and you have to follow even though you don’t know very well how you have to tackle everything.

You thought life was good and everybody was happy, but the incid
Alison
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laura is shot dead on the subway by an unknown assailant for reasons unknown. She leaves behind her husband and three daughters.
This book for me highlighted the struggle her husband, Nathan, has in becoming the only parent to three daughters who he doesn't really know and taking up the tasks that Laura did for the family that he wasn't even aware of. You feel sorry for him as he is out of his depth with in-laws that are no help.
Enter Maria, a friend of Laura from a shelter she volunt
Darreth Naylor
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
There was nothing super original about this story, yet the emotional turmoil made me catch my breath and swept me away.

When Nathan's wife suddenly dies at the beginning, he has to figure out how to tell his kids. Everyone scene between Nathan and the kids left me in tears. It was heartbreaking.

Then he finds out his wife was volunteering at a refugee center and never told anyone... so he goes to visit and befriends one of her friends, Maria. Chapters flip between Nathan and Maria. Nathan is try
Sally Tyrer
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was so excited to receive this book as I love Kate Hewitts style of writing and subject matter!
A fantastic read about loss and forgiveness in the most heartbreaking circumstances!
Nathan and Laura live with there three daughters Alexa Ellen and ruby, Nathan working long hours to provide for his family and Laura feeling neglected and unfulfilled ,so she starts volunteering at a refuge without telling her family, this remains a secret until one day she is shot and killed!what then unfolds is
Miriam
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sheri
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laura is murdered on the subway leaving behind her husband and three daughters. This story follows their healing process. How can you heal from losing someone? A fellow volunteer at the agency Laura volunteered at is sought out by Nathan, Laura’s husband, as he tries to understand his wife’s last days. She becomes a valuable part of the family helping deal with the grief. However she has her own past to deal with.

I enjoyed this book and trying to guess what was going to happen next.
Rae
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Hewitt writes such believable characters and although the premise is exceptionally sad, there are also lots of lighter moments when Nathan’s youngest daughter, Ruby, too young to fully understand what has happened, still sees joy and wonder all around. Filled with grief and anger and guilt, No Time To Say Goodbye also shows us that the human spirit clings valiantly to hope, particularly where children are there to show the way. Kate Hewitt is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.
Dorothy Wirkes
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a big tear jerker. Loved the characters, a turn pager, hard to put down. Really makes one wonder, and hope someone would take Nathan and shake him to reality. His girls need him. Laura’s parents needed a good shake also to bring them back to reality. Love the writer, I will be reading more of her books.
SUE HOBSON
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I took a road trip this weekend and this book made 5 hours in the car fly by. This is the firs book I've read by this author, and I loved it. This book is a reminder that tomorrow is not promised. Nathan's wife is shot in the subway leaving him to be a single parent to 3 young girls. This is a story about grief, starting over, love and loss. Highly recommend.
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different

Enjoyed this... I’m glad they didn’t go down the romance route. To be honest I felt it could have been longer, the family’s recovery could have been followed a little further along its journey... but another great read from this author who is fast becoming one of my favourites
Barb
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my honest opinion of it. I normally enjoy books by this author but this one seemed like it was written by someone else. Basically a man becomes a widow after his wife is shot on subway and he finds out that she had been volunteering in a bad part of town where she normally would never go. I just found it boring.
Shirlene
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking

I wanted a different ending so much. This book really got me in a way I was not expecting, breaking my heart and making me want to reach in and do something. Anything. I loved it because it made me feel. I didn't think the epilogue fit. But that's just my opinion and my only complaint, other than wanting more.
Nmew
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a heart breaking story of a family trying to survive.

It began as a normal day but when Laura was tragically killed it devastates her family and friends. Maria, a Bosnian refugee volunteered at Global Rescue with Laura. Maria is able to provide some comfort to the grieving family with stories Laura told her.
Lynn Hill
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I’ve read that’s written by Kate Hewitt, but I’m sure it won’t be the last! It is so full of all sorts of emotions. I’m sure everyone will feel them at one time or another in some form! Thanks for the great book Kate!
Elaine Binder
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is about grief and hope. It shows how your life can change in an instant and how hard it is to deal with the shock and aftermath. But it also goes on to show that after grief there can be hope. An excellent, touching story

• His Secret Family: An absolutely emotional page turner
  • The Midnight Wife
  • We Were Sisters
  • The Perfect Lie
  • My Silent Daughter
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of many books of women's fiction. Her latest releases are A Vicarage Homecoming and Not My Daughter. Under the name Katharine Swartz, she is the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell.

She likes to read women's fiction, mystery and thrillers, as well as historical novels. She particularly enjoys re