Start by marking “Unearthed (Death Seeker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unearthed (Death Seeker, #1)

Unearthed

(Death Seeker #1)

Fae was once a flourishing paradise. Until Death turned greedy and destroyed it, targeting the creatures who inhabited it. Those who survived escaped to Earth’s realm, but Death wasn’t far behind . . .

Olivia Finn is just another pixie trying to blend in among humans and hide from the death hounds who devoured her family. Clinging to the talisman that keeps her veiled from
ebook
Expected publication: September 24th 2019 by Cecy Robson, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Unearthed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unearthed

Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of Unearthed. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*

Unearthed was an excellent and original read. There are fay. There are horrible death hounds. And there is Death (yeah, he's a real character!)

☕️Kimberly
I cannot wait for everyone to read this :)
Suzan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series and the series is going to be amazing!! I adored the book and cannot wait for the next in the series! I love Olivia and Ryker, I also adore Jane, Stevie and Marco! So many great characters in this book and a great storyline!! I'd highly recommend it!!
Nightwalker
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Robson's urban fantasy books and this one gives me goosebumps. One word: Awesome.
Fangdangled
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome new series! Love the characterization of death. Very fun and action packed read. Full review to come.
Bunjee
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this. RTC
Ashbonn
As a child Olivia and her family originally fled from the Faerie due to being hunted by death. Upon crossing into Earth, she lost her pixie magic. Years later, Olivia is a pixie paralegal working for a successful law firm with perhaps some sketchy clients and otherworld co-workers. To hide from death, most magical creatures on Earthside carry talismans that keep their magic signature distorted from death. There is an accident at work one day and death and their hounds come knocking...

If you enjo
Elysian Fields
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Well here was a fun story; unique and original. I loved that this story was about Death and a Fay and all that that implies. I loved the Hell Hounds and the unique take on Fay lore. I loved the main characters of Death and Olivia and I liked the world in which the author created.

The mix of real world and mythology was fun to read and I enjoyed the chances the author took in the story. There were a few too many secondary characters for me to keep track of so I focused only on the main ones. The c
Sarah M
Aug 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
Fae kind lives in the mortal world and one of them, a pixie named Olivia, is hiding from Death. As it turns out Olivia has to kill Death... who works in her office.

The book is filled with action scenes from the very start and the pace doesn't slow down at all: it's fights upon characters having to flee to fights over and over again. This focus on action works to the character's advantage as neither one of them have much substance to them. They are all quite flat, unfortunately.

There were so ma
A_Girl_Reads
Aug 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Unearthed wasn't at all what I was expecting. Reading the synopsis, I thought this was going to be an angsty paranormal fantasy where our protagonist is trying to stay away from Death until she has no other choice but to face him and, maybe, end up trusting him in the process. What I got, instead, was some office drama with sprinkles of paranormal, bland, stereotypical characters and unnecessary action scenes.

What irked me the most was the endless slut-shaming. Of course, the office had to have
Mackenzie Dering
Olivia had to flee faerie when she was small, but the king of the death hounds had fled as well. Little by little, most of Olivia's family were taken by the hounds, and she was left alone. Living with her best friend Dahlia, and working as a paralegal in a successful law firm, she just tried to lay low and live life. Until that was no longer an option.

So apparently Death is a real person...like what the fuck. I really don't mean that in a negative way, but I guess it just makes the story... v
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
A nice surprise in some ways, but kind of underwhelming in others.

Recommended: For plane rides and beach days
Because you won't care to re-read it, or to hold on to it once you finish it.

Main issues:
1. moments where Olivia is in peril, then it cuts to black and starts the next chapter with her waking up, totally fine. This is what really killed it for me, the third time it happened.

2. moments that seem to have been written to deliberately be shocking or rebellious, but felt forced and unecessar
The Kawaii Slartibartfast

What's the deal with the slut-shaming?

I really hope so because the action scenes an
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the world-building in this one. The magical characters were fascinating. The problem i had with it is that i could not connect with the main character, Olivia. She seemed very shallow and immature. What's the deal with the slut-shaming? It's possible that it could be an original story thing and the in the next book I'll like her more, though. I really hope so because the action scen ...more
Melliane
Dave Sloan
Aug 11, 2019
Lucy Dosch
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cecy Robson enraptures us with another amazing and creative series. I can't wait for more.

Death had come to the land of Fae. The Cù-Sìth no longer ferry the dead to their eternal rest. They have been killing indiscriminately and glutting themselves on the souls.   The fae hide from the Cù-Sìth in plain sight with the help of enchanted amulets and other objects which protect them from being seen by these hounds of death but if you were to lose your charm, the howls you hear will be your only warn
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Erin
AnnieM
Vikki Hamlin
Jul 24, 2019
CECY ROBSON is an author of contemporary romance, young adult adventure, and award-winning urban fantasy. A double RITA® 2016 finalist for Once Pure and Once Kissed, and a published author of more than eighteen titles, you can typically find her on her laptop writing her stories or stumbling blindly in search of caffeine.

Connect with Cecy online at www.cecyrobson.com, twitter.com/cecyrobson or fac