Start by marking “The Blushing Bride: A Brides of Golden Valley Story (The Book Club 11)” as Want to Read:
The Blushing Bride: A Brides of Golden Valley Story (The Book Club 11)

The Blushing Bride: A Brides of Golden Valley Story

(The Book Club #11)

Charlotte loves nothing more than a good mail order bride novel, so when Dr. Lachele says that she can send them to take part in any love story that they want, Charlotte knows exactly where and what time period she wants to go. She thinks the life she wants can be found in 1880 in Idaho Territory.

Joshua has worked hard preparing his new homestead and now he just needs a

Published July 2nd 2019 by Dragons & Fairy Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about The Blushing Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blushing Bride

Start your review of The Blushing Bride: A Brides of Golden Valley Story (The Book Club 11)
Cindy
Another fun multi author series.
Lori R
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another fun book in the Book Club series and is definitely one of my favorites. I really enjoyed this one because it was a mail order bride story and because it took place in the 1800's. I cannot imagine time traveling to that time period but Charlotte Averley seemed to manage just fine, minus a few burned meals and a scary shooting incident.

I enjoyed the story and the characters. it was fun watching Charlotte learn to cook and make butter and not have the technology and mode
Lisa
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The Blushing Bride, a time-travel romance with a mail-order bride. Charlotte and Joshua were likable and easy to relate with. There was humorous dialogue when Charlotte would talk about concepts from her time. Her difficulties with everything from the water pump to walking in her skirts made the plot more believable. I do wish the author had written something about the intimate aspects of marriage, not what happened in the bedroom; but how did two strangers get to that point. There's a ...more
Melissa Hayford
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story about a girl from 2019 traveling to 1880 Idaho. I have to say, Charlotte did really well with minimal complaining to the different life she was now living. The story was sweet, but I felt it focused too much on the things she was learning and doing and not so much on the developing relationship between Charlotte and Joshua. It seemed too easy between the two and I wish that had been explored more. I can understand falling in love quickly, but I want to know how and what ca ...more
Susan Hamann
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charlotte loves books about mail order brides. The owner of her book club arranges for Charlotte to travel back in time to marry Joshua. Of course everything is different there. Not only has she moved from NYC to a rural farm, she has to learn to pump water, cook on a wood stove and use an outside privy.

This is a fun, sweet story. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to someone who is looking for a book about the challenges of living in a past time in our country.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blushing Bride is a sweet, clean. time travel romance. Charlotte is Joshua's mail order bride. A 21st century girl in the 1880s in the Idaho Territory is going to lack many survival skills but Charlotte is a quick learner. Joshua appreciates his unconventional bride. This was a sweet, fun book to read. I read it in one sitting.
Candyce Vee Zern
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Oh so good! I was wondering if anyone from the book club would choose to be a mail order bride. I'm so glad that that is what Charlotte. Fun reading how she managed her life I laughed about some of the things she said that were so modern they the others would have no idea what she meant by it.
Carrie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Another amazing story in this amazing series. I love mail order bride books so fun to see a twist on that theme where someone travels back in time to be a mail order bride.
Pat  Comer
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story.

Thank you Jaclyn Hardy, Your book was great, fun, and exciting. It was interesting and had a good story line. I liked that the y churned butter and made bread. Helped the neighbors.

Carolyn Frank
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute, fun, heart-warming story that was a quick read. I however, don't care for fantasy elements woven into historical fiction--just a personal taste. Not all of the characters feel real to me because of it. But if you like that sort of thing, you'll probably like this story.
jane pearson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blushing Bride

A lovely sweet romance that was a pleasure to read with wonderful characters. I loved how Joshua Defended her near the end so much more of a gent than Edmond. I am looking forward to the next book.
Lynn Smith
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blushing Bride

Charlotte didn't believe that people could be sent to live their lives like in the books they read. But she had to take the chance. Joshua was looking for a wife to raise a family and help on the farm.
Enjoyed the story.
Donna Campbell
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I almost didn't read this because the idea of time travel doesn't interest me, but I'm really glad I did. This is a really sweet, clean romance.
Kathy
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She wanted to go back in time.

They were made for each other just weren't born in the same time. She had a lot to learn but he was very patient with her.
Sharon
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookclub
Sweet time travel mail order bride story.

Joshua - has farmland in 1880 Idaho
Charlotte ,- from my 2019 wishes to become a mail order bride.
I enjoyed reading this captivating story that is fantastically written with lovable characters and witty dialogue. Their story has an adorable HEA.
jayne hay
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another time travel story

This time it's set in the wild west where woman were few and between afar Charlotte travels back in time to met the right man for her in Joshua
Beverly Kee
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute storyline

This book was really different, not much like most time travel stories. Seemed as if parts were missing though, lots of unexplained stuff.
Nari
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a simple sweet bride to order romance. I enjoyed the story but I felt it was a little bit too simple. I felt like I was missing parts of the story.
Wenk
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joshua and Charlotte

Idaho in 1880 as a mail-order bride Charlotte struggles to fit in and Joshua struggles to get his farm up and running. - Babs
Carol Doucette
Sweet story

Loved this one. I need my own Dr L. Just kidding ,but wouldn't be wonderful to have your fondest dream come true?
Wilma K. Campbell
Aug 12, 2019
Betty Foor
Jul 05, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Boyfriend Borrower: A No Match for Love Romance (Book Club 7)
  • Watching the Wrangler (Cowboys and Angels #42)
  • The Shy Cowgirl (Bear Creek Rodeo)
  • Mail Order Mommy (Brides of Beckham Book 30)
  • Birthday Boyfriend (Quinn Valley Ranch Book 21)
  • Proposal by Post (Cowboys and Angels #45)
  • Moonstruck Marine (Quinn Valley Ranch Book 23)
  • Herd the Music (The Bride Herder Book 2)
  • Star-Spangled Secret (Quinn Valley Ranch, #20)
  • Calico Cupid (Quinn Valley Ranch Book 22)
  • The Musical Cowgirl (Bear Creek Rodeo)
  • The Singing Cowgirl (Bear Creek Rodeo)
  • Mail Order Miscreant (Brides of Beckham Book 29)
  • Charming the Caregiver (Cowboys and Angels #43)
  • The Charismatic Cowboy (Firestone Falls Book 1)
  • Riding the Rails (Cowboys and Angels #41)
  • Tempting the Tailor (Cowboys and Angels #44)
  • A Bride To Herd (The Bride Herder Book 1)
Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they set ...more

The Book Club (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Scottish Siren: A McClain Story (The Book Club, #1)
  • The Daring Debutante : A Derelicts and Debutantes Story (The Book Club, #2)
  • The Hopeful Heart: A Cottonwood Ranch Story (The Book Club, #3)
  • The Marvelous Mustanger (The Book Club)
  • The Western Wife: A Firestone Falls Story (The Book Club, #5)
  • The Reluctant Royal: A Royal Romance (Book Club 6)
  • The Boyfriend Borrower: A No Match for Love Romance (Book Club 7)
  • The Minx Miner: A Miners to Millionaires Story (The Book Club 8)
  • The Traveling Teacher (The Book Club, #9)
  • The Stunning Stylist : A Clover Lake Grooms Story (The Book Club 10)