Start by marking “The Last Starling” as Want to Read:
The Last Starling

The Last Starling

“They’re coming.”

Words of warning haunt Jayce Wakefield’s dreams. He doesn’t believe them any more than he believes in the blue-eyed raven delivering the message. It’s totally absurd. They’re just dreams. He has nothing to worry about.

Or does he?

Jayce’s life revolves around three things: being a senior, worshipping a girl he can’t have, and killing vampires. As a werewolf,
Published December 24th 2019 by C.L. Denault

To ask other readers questions about The Last Starling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Starling

Start your review of The Last Starling
Maddie Trimble
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: age 12 and up
Recommended to Maddie by: Beth Musgrave
Okay so I read this book in less than 4 hours and it's going down as a fave.

So many things to enjoy about The Last Starling, but I most loved how protective Jayce was of his autistic brother (both as humans and wolves). I've read a mountain of horror novels where disabled people are bullied, abused or what ever to make the plot interesting, I guess. It's cool to find one where a guy STANDS UP against a biased Clan for his brother's right to be accepted. YES.

I also loved the mystery around
Inkslinger
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
title/author

ARC provided by C.L. Denault and XpressoTours. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

01-21: 'The Last Starling,' the latest release from C.L. Denault, is basically a coming of age romance in the midst of a coming war between species.

This title is one of those truly baffling pieces of work. Somehow, the reviews I've seen are raving about it, and I'm wondering if we read the same book at all. I mean, the names and events seem to be the same, but our
Beth
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
(in KU, is live, came out in Dec 23, 2019) - i woke up and found this book in my email mailbox .. i am guessing that i must have won an newsletter giveaway or FB one? not sure ...but either way thank you!! well done to me ... love that ... gorgeous cover. that is what strikes me right out of the park??! check it out. well done. i love finding books i don't read often (genres, i should say) i love stepping out of my normal reads and enjoying a great read. the supernatural world ... well written. ...more
Jack Wiggins
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read a lot of young adult fiction and was hesitant when my niece recommended this. But I literally couldn't stop reading. An autistic werewolf is a first for me and since I'm familiar with autism it really got to me. Moved me to tears a few times.

I'd definitely recommend it for anyone with a special needs person in their life. Or anyone who enjoys werewolves, vampires, and witches thrown together, plus a thread of romance mixed in with horror and paranormal fantasy.

Really good
Rita Agenstein
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Last Starling is an amazing read. I was captivated from the first page to the last! This author has the ability to keep her readers fully invested in extremely well-written characters. From the first encounter between Simone and Jayce, I knew there was a haunting connection between them. The family dynamics between Jayce and his family is also very strong, steeped in generations of tradition and honor. Just when you think you have read everything there is to know about wolves and vampires ...more
Mary Harmon
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jayce is not your typical teenager. He is also a werewolf who is a member of a pack that has been battling vampires for decades. When his dreams become haunted by a blue eyed raven he realizes his pack is in danger. This book had me hooked from the start. I will admit that the idea if an autistic werewolf put me off at first, but the author wrote the character so masterfully that she changed my mind. I really hope there is a sequel.
Beth Musgrave
Jan 14, 2020
C.L. Denault
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Emma Melton
Michelle warner
Diamond Keeling
Amy
Jan 16, 2020
C.L. Denault is a speculative fiction writer who loves dreaming up tales of adventure and intrigue. A former systems analyst, she gave up her nerdy code-writing skills to stay home with her children (including a son with special needs), and currently lives among the vast stretches of cornfields in Illinois.

Writing and blogging are two of her passions, along with drinking coffee and watching sci-fi