Start by marking “Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)” as Want to Read:
Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)

Faceoff

(Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)

She isn’t supposed to want him. He isn’t supposed to want her. But wanting each other is inevitable.

Clint McCarthy has finally achieved his dream of playing for a professional hockey program, and is eager to make his mark with his new team. While getting settled in his new city, he happens across Bree Stone, whom he has known for years, with their respective brothers both
Published November 12th 2019 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Faceoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faceoff

Start your review of Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
Melissa
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I debated with the 4 or 3 stars....it's hokey and sports. Contemporary is just not my fav. I just know very little but this does help me understand why people like sports so much. Making something you dislike come alive pushed this book to it's 4 stars. I just love the way Rebecca writes. I think she could write anything and I would like it. The story built slowly and was a introduction to this series so you have a lot of other players and because Rebecca is brilliant she also included people ...more
Mara
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series by the authors who gave us the Belltown Six Pack baseball series. I loved this story about Clint and Bree who are siblings of the famous Six Pack, #SixPackSibs.

I loved Clint and Bree and thought they were adorable; especially their meet-cute. They already know each other because of their famous brothers but don't see each other that often since their siblings have made it to the pros. I loved that the whole Six Pack gang is there when Clint gets his call to
Katie W
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time can really change the way you view a person, as Clint and Bree found out. They're the younger siblings of two members of the Belltown Six Pack and when they end up in the same city and run into each other, sparks definitely fly, as they see each other in a whole new light.

I'm so excited for this new sports series. I don't know a lot about hockey, but as it turns out, my youngest daughter is preparing to play and this is the perfect chance for me to learn about the sport. I loved learning
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Yay!!! I'm so happy there is another sports romance series from this trio of authors! There is a tie-in from the Belltown Sixpack characters, but this one is definitely all hockey. I think what makes these books stand out to me is how effortlessly well-developed the characters are; I feel like I get to know them quickly and their personalities are unique. Clint is in a major transition of his life and while he's capable and confident, we also see a vulnerable side of him as he gets used to his ...more
Susan K
Romance, clean; Series but stand alone read
Such a cute starter to this hockey series! R.C. knows how to write romance that tingles and tantalizes your senses. Such honest, heartfelt, genuine characters in Clint and Bree, plus cameos from the Belltown six-pack from the baseball series. I rarely give 4 stars to a 'cute' story, but this one deserves a well-earned 4 from me.
The professional hockey backstory with the other members of "The Pit" was a cute way to start off this series by bringing them
Adrienne
This is a strong start to a new series that definitely leaves me wanting to read the rest of the books. There's not really much conflict, but the romance is a ton of fun. I love the banter between Clint and Bree. The story moved along at a good pace and was well-written. Even not being a hockey fan, I still found the story to be really enjoyable. It's a quick read that has enough depth to keep it interesting. Great choice for those looking for a clean contemporary romance.

I read an ARC provided
Julie Carpenter
4.5*

If you followed this group of authors previous baseball series, The Belltown Six Pack, and enjoyed them, you're gonna love this next series about Hockey. No worries if you didn't read any of the previous series' books, you'll be fine diving into this series.

Clint McCarthy and Bree Stone each have a brother who is a member of The Belltown Six Pack. They're considered a "six pack sib." They completely understand what it's like to have a very famous brother and being a part of that group of
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I can't tell you how excited I am for this series! After reading (and LOVING!) the Belltown baseball series, I've been anxious to get started on this one. I actually know next to nothing about hockey which makes me more like Bree because I was raised with baseball but that isn't going to stop me from enjoying this series!

One of my favorite things about this story is that Clint is in from the first moments of seeing Bree again. He is pursuing her and she knows it. The chemistry and the intensity
Jessie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to think going into this series. I loved the Belltown Six Pack series, and I actually had a little knowledge of the rules and positions of baseball. I have a very small knowledge base when it comes to hockey. Luckily, you don't need to know the game to love this book! Our main character, Bree Stone, comes from a baseball family (she's Riker Stone's sister from the Belltown Six Pack). She doesn't know much about hockey either. I learned along side her, and really the focus of ...more
Luci Jamison
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great "spin off" of the Belltown Six Pack series.
The story is around two of the siblings of two famous baseball players in the Belltown Six Pack. They grew up together surrounded by their brother's fame. They were used to being part of the fame by being apart of it, in the shadow of their brothers.
Clint was striving to get back into his sport of hockey after serving in the Marines. Bree was finishing up her degree. They happen to run into each other by chance and it had been years
Janene
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What I enjoyed:

• Laughter is a great way to draw a reader into a story and the witty banter that occurs between all of the characters did just that.
• There is also, a lot of texting between the other characters. The texting banter gives the reader a lot to smile about.
• I liked the hockey theme to the story.
• The romance between Bree and Clint was believable.
• The pacing was good. Not too fast nor too slow.
• The descriptions of locations and emotions were well done and easy to visualize and to
Pennie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started my sports romance addiction with the six pack and was eagerly looking forward to the hockey series. Faceoff did not disappoint. Bree and Clint are so fun to read about. I love how the connection with their famous siblings brings them together but does not define their relationship as they find their own place in the world. The family bond supports the story rather than overshadowing it.
Kathy
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved this first book in the Northbrook Hockey Elite series! I loved the connection with the Belltown Six Pack--stories about pro baseball players. I loved the varied characters and their quirky personalities, on and off the ice. Pure delight!
Corey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yay! I was sad when the Belltown series ended, so it was awesome to have this series begin with lots of Belltown characters woven in. I enjoyed this first story, and the relationships and the comradery developing amongst the hockey players lends promise that I may like the rest of the series as well.
Stacey
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
I loved this story!!! What a great way to start off the series. I loved all of the characters in this story but of course especially the main two - Clint & Bree make such a cute, dynamic couple. I loved the banter between them, from start to finish. In fact all of the banter between the other characters was fantastic. It sets such a great tone of team, friendship & family. I can definitely recommend this book/series. The series that preceded this one, Bell Town Six Pack, is also worth ...more
Cim
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, that was surprisingly fun! I was hesitant to read this title because I am not a sports fan. At all. I just don't understand the appeal. So ... I also know next to nothing about hockey. All that to say, this book took me by surprise - in a good way! It was very enjoyable. I appreciated that Bree was not a hockey girl, so the author was able to slip in some basic terminology and explanations without stepping out of the story line.

This story proves it is possible to write a heart-stoppingly
Cathy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It’s a clean romance that sucked me in from the very first page.

This one is kind of a spin off from the Belltown Six Pack novels I read last year. If you haven’t read them, do! But this new series isn’t about baseball players like the other series was, this one’s about hockey players. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, I’ve never watched any hockey. But that didn’t matter at all.

I loved that Faceoff features Clint and Bree. They’re both siblings of the Belltown Six Pack
Suzie Waltner
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m an avid hockey fan and have been for twenty plus years, so of course, this book got my attention.
Faceoff is an excellent introduction to the men that make up the Northbrook Hockey alumni that (I hope) will be featured in the upcoming books in the series. It also strikes the right balance between introducing newbies to the speed, excitement, and athleticism involved in hockey while entertaining those who don’t necessarily need the Hockey 101 explanations.

From the moment Clint and Bree meet up
Lorraine
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Northbrook!

What a great way to introduce us to Northbrook Hockey Elite, through 2 of the "6-pack Sibs". I loved the Belltown series which was romance with a side of baseball, now we get romance with a side of hockey.
Started out knowing even less about hockey than I did about baseball, but so did the heroine on this book - Brilliant!

I loved the story of Bree and Clint, how they knew and understood each other from growing up with their famous older brothers and the Belltown 6-Pack.
Becky
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I am not much of a hockey fan, but learned a little and enjoyed anyway. This book was definitely a book I could not put down. It was a wonderful quick read. I loved the re-connection of Clint and Bree and watching their relationship move forward. Each encouraging the other to be and do their best while they themselves are doing the same thing. Can't wait for the rest of the series to come out!
I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed
Margie
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I admit my knowledge of hockey is limited. I live in Texas winter sports aren’t really big here, but that didn’t affect my enjoyment of the book. I love the interaction between the former members of the Northbrook Elite Hockey Club and Chet and Bree’s interaction with the members of the Belltown Six Pack, which include their siblings. It is good to see the heroine be beautiful and extremely smart and for the hero to show his softer side. This is going to be a good series and I look forward to ...more
Kylene
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as awesome as the six pack

I loved this book and all of the characters. Family is so important even if it’s not a blood relation. I would recommend this to anyone who loves sports and a good romantic read. I always give five stars to excellent books and this is one. Can’t wait till the next one comes out.
Lara
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this first book of the Northbrook Hockey Elite series! It was so well-written, and the characters were wonderful. It was fun to see a spin-off from the Belltown Six Pack series, to get to see familiar as well as new characters. I loved this sweet, clean, happily ever after romance. Such a great story! I’m looking forward to the rest of the books in the series.

I received a complimentary copy of the book. All opinions are my own and are expressed voluntarily.
Donna Campbell
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun story. I really loved these two together. I'm really enjoying the sports theme of these stories. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Lydia
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three reasons to love this book-- a awesome start to a new series by my favorite 'sport romance writers'. The romance between Clint and Bree is so sweet and perfect. And, as a series lead-off it had the perfect introduction and hand off.
Stephanie
New Series

Loved this book. The connection to the Belltown Six Pack was fun to see as well. Can’t wait for book #2!
Lisa
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm about as far from a sports fan as you can get, but I love Faceoff and the series The Northbrook Hockey Elite came from, The Belltown Six Pack. Clint and Bree are extremely likable characters. I loved the banter between them, their siblings, and teammates. The plot moves along at a good pace. The epilogue is fantastic! I highly recommend Faceoff to clean/wholesome romance readers, sports fans or not. I received a complimentary copy. I chose to write a review and share my opinion.
Holly Bleggi
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I'm not someone who likes contemporary romance as much as historical but I loved this book! It is so well written and so easy to love the characters. The romance was just right and you loved how they worked together to help save something so important to them. Wonderful book! I can't wait to read the other books in this series!
Chelsea Gardner
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me all the feels. I love Rebeccas writing, it completely engulfs the reader. I loved that Bree and Clint got a story. It was perfect!
Lorieah
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book! I loved the smile on my face that didn't leave for the first few chapters. I loved learning about the Six Pack Sibs (support) group. I loved tying in the new guys with the old ones, and still feeling that love of family and brotherhood. I loved the writing and the wit and the real emotions. Seriously can't wait for the next one!

• To Love a Governess (Timeless Regency Collection Book 14)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • A Holiday Affair (Holiday Harbor Book 1)
  • Mostly Perfect
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • Mercer's Belles
  • Mostly Dangerous (The Women of Ambrose Estate Book 1)
  • Flirting with First
  • Blue Farmhouse Flowers
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • The Heart of the Rebellion
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
  • Back to his Lordship  (Twickenham Regency Romance #2)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • Among Sand and Sunrise (An American Heiress #3)
  • Charming the Shortstop (Belltown Six Pack #3)
I was born once upon a time, and I started making up stories right away. Eventually, I started writing them down, and never stopped! I have a day job, which gets in the way of my writing, but it pays the bills so I CAN write, so I guess that's okay! I am a bookworm, which I think is key to being a writer, and I am always looking for inspiration! I live in Indiana, am obsessed with hot chocolate, ...more

Northbrook Hockey Elite (6 books)
  • Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)
  • Rebound (Northbrook Hockey Elite #3)
  • Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite #4)
  • Breakaway (Northbrook Hockey Elite #5)
  • Shootout (Northbrook Hockey Elite #6)