Start by marking “Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)” as Want to Read:
Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)

Powerplay

(Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)

He’s ready to quit his pro-hockey career. She’s doing everything to keep her career afloat. And neither of them have time for distractions.

Jax Emerson, legendary forward for the Chicago Flyers, is ready to throw it all away when he uncovers the truth behind his NHL contract. The last thing he needs is more media attention, or his father to get involved in his contract, or
Published December 10th 2019 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Powerplay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powerplay

Start your review of Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)
Julie Carpenter
It's an understatement when I say that I was excited that the three authors writing this series announced they were going to write about hockey after reading all of their baseball books! Yeah, huge understatement!!!!!! I was beyond excited. And now that I've read two of the Northbrook Hockey Elite books, I'm hooked!

This is Jax's book. I loved it! It starts off with some action...not necessarily positive action. And news. Hard news. And Jax ends up meeting Meg! And from there the rest is history.
Mara
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say Jax Emerson and Meg Bailey will have an interesting first-meet story to tell their children and grandchildren is a bit of an understatement. It's one that will live on forever--she hit him with her car when he was crossing the street! Thankfully Jax, a forward for the Chicago Flyers, wasn't seriously injured and he didn't blame Meghan for the accident since he upset and wasn't looking when he walked into the street. Despite the way these two meet, they seem perfect for each other.

Both of
Melissa
I really enjoyed this one. It had a everyday kind of story line, with a bit of the winter feel. It was just well written and had some nice complex characters that I really enjoyed reading about. I just really needed a book like this and this hit the spot. Chaste romance with some nice kisses!
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I love how these characters are a little older and established in their careers, which brought a level of maturity to their relationship. They aren't playing games- what you see is what you get, and the honesty is refreshing. The chemistry is so great (and I'll never look at Pac-man the same way again!) and even though there are sparks early on, they both take things at a steady rather than rushed pace. I enjoyed the plot and seeing some behind-the-scenes hockey drama with the politics of ...more
Susan K
Romance, clean; Series, but stand alone read
Another fun light sports romance. Perfect fun escape read.
Romance, clean; series, but stand alone read.
While all the books in this series build on each other, this is easily a stand alone read. There are cameos from other characters in this series, but still easily read as a stand alone read. Jax and Meg are fun characters. Both honest, hurting, and caring, with great intensity, character, and chemistry for each other. Their backgrounds, his in
Katie W
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm dead. There's something so hot about a big, hulking, slightly possessive, intense, gentle giant of an athlete that just melts me into a puddle of goo and Jax is it. I don't know a lot about hockey...yet...but I felt like I was there, both on and off the ice, and was a background character in the story.

Jax is good at what he does, but he doesn't want any handouts to get to where he is. A crazy chance encounter with Meg leaves him literally reeling and she's so different from any other woman
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I am loving this series so far. I knew I would after reading the Belltown Six Pack baseball series because it was so good. Fortunately for me, the characters from the previous series pop up so it's like one big family.

This series is set around a group of guys who play hockey. I know absolutely nothing about hockey but it really doesn't matter because the authors do an excellent job of making me think I do! I really need to attend a live professional hockey game someday.

I love the main characters
Jessie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jax Emerson plays hockey for the Chicago Flyers. He's proud of his achievements and his place on the team until he learns that his dad might have bought his way on to the team. While he's fuming about that possibility, he steps into the street and is hit by a car.

Meghan Bailey can't believe that she's hit someone and she can't rest until she knows he's okay. When she tries to apologize at the hospital he pretends she's his girlfriend so the hospital will discharge him to her care.

What started
Luci Jamison
What a fun book!
I really enjoyed the characters and how they interacted with each other and other characters.
Jax was really a cool guy someone who has it all and more. In today's world he could be a very self-centered person. He is popular with the fans, excels in what he does and money to spare. But he was not only kind and down to earth but someone who sees the world outside of his own sphere.
Meghan was a great character who has struggles but still reaches out to family and friends.
I loved the
Scarlet Bushman
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series ( it can be read as a stand alone as well) i loves the characters! It was a good story that keeps you engaged until the end. These three authors are worth reading and this series is already one i’m looking forward to reading more of.
Corey
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end of the book had a link to their “Swoony Sports Romances” page. Such an apt description. I’ve loved this series (and the Belltown series) and the characters. I liked Jax a lot.
Janene
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 stars

What I enjoyed and found interesting.

• The beginning caught my interest with Jax's interview on TV.
• I loved Meg's grandma. She was a refreshingly different character, that added spunk to the plot.
• This is the second Northbrook Hockey Elite series I've read and I find them unique in the sports romance niche.
• I like that the group of ex-Northbrook hockey players (they call themselves The Pit) have gathered together to put on a charitable function to support their old amateur
Stacey
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
I really enjoyed this story - following on from the first book in the series, there are mentions of characters from the previous book, as well as from the series that preceded this one: Bell Town Six Pack. Which also worth reading. The characters are well developed & I couldn’t help but half fall in love with Jax. In fact all of the characters from the other books are loveable. I always enjoy the banter between the characters. It sets such a great tone of team, friendship & family; as ...more
Becky
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I was a bit unsure with this series, hockey isn't really my thing. But I have loved the books so far. This was a great written story about Jax who is dealing with some unpleasant things going on in his life. And Meg who is struggling to keep her store open. They have a crazy chance meeting and realize that love and support is right there. I was fun to read how they deal with their own struggles and helped each other as well. I would definitely recommend this book as well as ...more
Sydney
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, 2020-read
Another fun swoony hockey romance that readers will enjoy. Yet another great guy from the Northbrook Hockey team. Although this story and series revolves around hockey, readers do not need to know anything about hockey to love this story. It’s about two good people who become good friends. They are faced with difficult circumstances, but overcome them and eventually fall in love. This is a swoony hockey romance, with some great sweet romantic moments, that readers will delight in.

Series:
Rachel DeVaughn
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in the Northbrook Hockey Elite series and really enjoyed it (even though I know nothing about hockey!) and I liked getting to know the team. Clint from book 1 (Faceoff) is mentioned as well.

"Powerplay" focuses on Jax and Meg. Meg and Jax seem to hit it off when they are literally thrown together in the first chapter of the book. Jax struggles throughout the book with feeling successful in his hockey career, feeling good enough for his family (specifically his father) and
Suzie Waltner
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, I certainly didn’t see that meet-cute coming (and can it be called a meet-cute if someone is hospitalized in the process?).

Book number two in the Northbrook Hockey Elite series takes readers to Chicago and into the lives of hockey sensation Jax Emerson and Meghan Baily, a struggling boutique owner. The chemistry between these two melts the ice.

I do have one small complaint, though. As a die-hard hockey fan, it bothered me that in one of the games Jax scores three goals and the hat trick
Holly Bleggi
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Northbrook Hockey Elite Series and I loved it! I don’t read a lot of contemporary or sport romance novels but I am loving the books in this series! They are very well written and you can’t help but love the characters! I love how the main characters came together after a very unusual beginning. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, even those who know nothing about hockey!
Becky M
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want it to end! I love their story. I wondered at the book cover and why we get to see Jax’s face but no one else’s. I’m guessing it’s because of the beard. We had to know how big it was. It makes his character of a formidable hockey player easier to visualize and explains why it’s a topic of conversation.
I love Meg. She is a smart and talented businesswoman who is living her dream. She is compassionate and intelligent and real. She doesn’t wear any masks. Those traits are very
Kathy
Shelves: romance
I'm loving this series! I don't know much about hockey but I love the characters in this book! I love the relationship of the men in The Pit! I love the strong women they find! I can't wait for the next in the series! DELIGHTFUL!
Donna Campbell
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Jax and Meg. Their relationship was so sweet. I also enjoyed the camaraderie between all of their many friends and teammates. This is a really sweet, clean romance that I was sad to have end.
Lorieah
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously love these books! I love how they are just real people who find a way to be together despite busy lives, crazy friends and/or family, and just...life. And I love books that hook me from the first page with well-written, snappy writing from an author who never disappoints.
Marisa
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second book in the series. Clean Romance. Definitely recommend reading the series as you get to know more of the characters and their lives intertwine in fun creative ways. Stand-alone novel as well.
Lydia
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What's not to like- a delightful novel by Heather, sweet swoony romance, and hockey. This series has proven to be even better than their baseball set.
Sunshinemeg
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story shows how sometimes life just happens. Sometimes we are given things we don't think we deserve. Sometimes we fight to get what we want. Sometimes we overreact and blessing fall in our lap anyway. Jax and Meg are great!
Chelsea Gardner
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is no way to express how much I love this book. This book sucked me in and didn’t let me go until I finished. I love Jax and Meg. They are perfect for each other. So many heart eyes go this one.
Lorraine
Yay for Athletes!

Book 2 of the Northbrook Hockey Elite series, from the Swoony Sports ladies was every as entertaining as I expected from Heather B. Moore, Sophia Summers, and Rebecca Connolly. Jax is a good man who was raised in an affluent family. Meg is a woman who runs into him... literally. I enjoyed their story so much that I’m sad to have to wait another month for my next swoony installment! May have to reread the ones I have...
Kylene
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I loved reading this book. There was nothing I disliked about it. Very warm and family oriented, with lots of romance. I would recommend to all who loves a good book. I gave it 5 stars because it deserved it.
Mei Li
Amazing!

Yep, this is another amazing, toe-curling sport romance by these talented three ladies! The plot moved along with fun twists and I kept wanting to read just one more chapter. I loved how Jax and Meghan met! And how they realized how perfect they were for each other! This story was way better than any Christmas treat! Skip the calories and read this instead over the holidays.
Margie
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve enjoyed this series and the previous Belltown Six Pack series. Hockey isn’t a big sport in Texas but I have lived in two Texas towns with ice hockey teams. I love that this series shows them as big hearted big men. Heather B. Moore brings us Jax and Meg, both of whom want to be independent and do things themselves. As is often the case both need to learn to communicate and also to listen. I enjoyed this book.

• To Love a Governess (Timeless Regency Collection Book 14)
  • Snatching the Catcher
  • Kit and Elizabeth
  • Penny's Yuletide Wish  (Branches of Love #7)
  • God Rest Ye Merry Spinster (The Spinster Chronicles, Book 5)
  • Flirting with First
  • A Holiday Affair (Holiday Harbor Book 1)
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • Hitching the Pitcher
  • Falling for Centerfield (A Belltown Six Pack Novel)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • A Duke for Lady Eve (Belles of Christmas, #5)
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • Mostly Dangerous (The Women of Ambrose Estate Book 1)
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • The Heart of the Rebellion
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • My Fair Spinster (The Spinster Chronicles, Book 4)
Heather B. Moore is a USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty publications. Her historical novels and thrillers are written under pen name H.B. Moore. She writes women's fiction, romance and inspirational non-fiction under Heather B. Moore. This can all be confusing, so her kids just call her Mom. Heather attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the Anglican School of Jerusalem in Israel, ...more

Northbrook Hockey Elite (6 books)
  • Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
  • Rebound (Northbrook Hockey Elite #3)
  • Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite #4)
  • Breakaway (Northbrook Hockey Elite #5)
  • Shootout (Northbrook Hockey Elite #6)