Start by marking “Blue Mercy (Kay Delaney, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Mercy (Kay Delaney, #1)

Blue Mercy (Kay Delaney #1)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Illona Haus announces her arrival as a bold voice in suspense with a gritty, edge-of-your-seat thriller. One woman's quest to bring a vicious killer to justice is about to lead her through the dark corners of obsession -- and test her capacity for mercy."It's more than revenge."

Ravaged by guilt, Detective Kay Delaney is reeling from an attack that resulted in her partner's
Published April 26th 2005 by Pocket Star Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Mercy

Angie
Sep 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007
Pretty decent murder-mystery story. The author gave several suspects that could have committed the crimes, but didn't blantantly come right out and tell you which ones were wrong and which one was right. About 3/4 of the way through, though, it all started falling into place and pointed the way to the real killer. And from there it was a matter of how to stop him before he killed again.

Kay Delaney is the detective star of this story, and I understand that this book is the first of three (so far)
John Senner
Feb 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
I picked this book because I saw a little blurb in a magazine that Illona Haus lived in Waterloo, Ont. I spent a year in that city a long time ago and was hoping that this book would be set in that city. Alas, not so. Set in Baltimore. I rated only one star because this was a book that should have been escapist crime fiction but instead turned out to be a chore to plow through. I can really say why. Just did not click with me.

Kay Delaney is a female detective with the Baltimore Police. In the co
Marti
Feb 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I have no idea what the title refers to, though I know that blue refers to the police. The author has created some strange villains who do weird things to their victims. One of the main characters is Kay Delaney, who has already had her lover killed and has been tortured herself. A normal human being might decide that this is where she should find another career. Instead, she and her partner, Finn, persevere in the hunt for the truth. This is very graphic, and certainly not for the squeamish.
Barbara ★
I enjoyed the suspense in this book. Kay Delaney is an excellent detective and really worked the clues to figure out who the bad guy was. Of course, it took 325 pages and roughly 2 weeks but she did it with the help of her partner and lover, Danny Finnerty (Finn). I figured early on that the jailed killer took the blame for someone else but I didn't know who until the very end. The clues were there but I couldn't put it together. Well-written with very likable characters...even the bad guys!
Kristy
Jan 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Giving this book four stars does not mean I actually liked it as well as say a four-star Karin Slaughter but it is definitely above average for its genre. Entertaining and well-written. Dialogue rings true and research is evident. Characters aren't as involving as I'd like but there's two more in the series so there's certainly hope for that. Slow start. I became more involved with the heroine Kay and her partner Finn after page 200.
Ginger
I absolutely loved this book!!!! It was fantastic!! This is the 1st book I've read by this author. I just loved all the twists & turns. Unforgettable ending!!! I will certainly be on the look-out for more books by this author. A big thanks to Crystal (who's book club I am a part of) for recommending this author to me!!!
Nancito Bennett
Jan 25, 2010 rated it did not like it
Awful
Delany
Apr 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Quit after about 40 pages. None of the characters seemed quite real, and they certainly were not engaging. It wasn't badly written -- just not good enough for me to want to spend my time on.
Debbie
Apr 05, 2009 rated it liked it
It was ok, I have read better and have read worse :O)
Lori D
Nov 18, 2010 added it
Great book= I loved all 3 of her books and would really love to read more!!!
Christina Peressini
Mar 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Twists and turns I was not expecting. I don't usually read crime novels but this was fantastic. Anxiously awaiting the third book in the series.
Wendy
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book!
Deb Berke
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved the fact it was set in Baltimore and that a female cop was the main character.
Robin
Nov 18, 2007
Susan Cope
rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2012
Nov 21, 2008
Jenna
Nov 21, 2007
« previous 1 3 next »
Illona Haus announced her arrival in the world of crime fiction in the spring of 2005 with her acclaimed debut Blue Mercy - a gritty, edge-of-your-seat psychological-thriller featuring tough and savvy Homicide detective Kay Delaney. Set in Baltimore, Maryland, Haus's novels are populated with compelling characters, made genuine by her personal connections and experience with the city's Homicide Un ...more
More about Illona Haus

Kay Delaney (3 books)
  • Blue Valor (Kay Delaney, #2)
  • Blue Justice (Kay Delaney, #3)