Start by marking “Lullaby (The Sand Maiden #2)” as Want to Read:
Lullaby (The Sand Maiden #2)

Lullaby

(The Sand Maiden #2)

She became mortal to save the one she loves. But she’s become the Crowns Champion in the fight of her life.

Alissandra, crown prince Kovis Altairn's sand maiden, flees Dream realm to protect him and Wake from her father's nefarious schemes. She only prays he can't track her down. But her problems are far from over.

The prince, the most powerful sorcerer in the Altairn Empire
Kindle Edition
Published July 2019 by Woodgate Publishing (first published January 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lullaby, please sign up.
L.R.W. Lee As Cait mentioned, there is sexual abuse that could trigger some people. But that said, the series is meant to be an encouragement to those who say…moreAs Cait mentioned, there is sexual abuse that could trigger some people. But that said, the series is meant to be an encouragement to those who say #MeToo and includes characters dealing with abuse and overcoming it--not denying it happened--but not having it define them.(less)
L.R.W. Lee Lullaby is the 2nd book in The Sand Maiden series. There will be 4 books plus a novella from Rasa's POV

Joana
Nov 13, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I see Charlie Bowater's work on a cover, I click want to read.
Rae
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Thank you L.R.W. Lee for an advanced copy of this to read!!!

I received this book for an honest review. And I am happy to say that an honest review wont be hard to come by!!! Just having finished this I am still on a happy high, buzzing with all the excitement of that ending!!! WAHHH!!! I need book two like IMMEDIATELY!!

This book really throws you into a new world with new magic and a cray cray evil father/king/sandman and his daughter Alissandra. I thoroughly enjoyed the new spin on the sandman
Laura Thalassa
The great thing about being an author is that you're friends with other authors ... who then give you early copies of their books! Got this bad boy on my Kindle! <3
Tanya Tate
Nov 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-and-beyond
Charlie Bowater's artwork is the cover.
You got me sold!!
Sissy
So apparently I missed the first book in the series? Not sure how that happened? Will be giving this a re-read after I read the first installment.
Tracey-J
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

Ali Escapes from Dream Realm and her cruel father after she finds out he is going after her human charge in the hope to take over Wake Relm. Ali is thrust into in Wake Realm meets Kovis her starbeam, with his help she is hoping to stop her father's plan.

I have put off writing this review for so long. I started this book initially back in the beginning of December. I got about 3 quarters of the way through
Doreen
DNF!

I'm sorry to say this....but this book was horrible. I liked the idea/concept of the story BUT everything happened so "fast"...or "too quick" and it kinda ruined it for me...

Also, alot of the "magic" in the story seemed like it was just borrowed from other fantasy novels...i didnt see any creativity with it. idk, this is actually my first bad review:(

I REALLY WANTED TO LOVE THIS THOUGH:(

Diana
Mar 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, I have a lot to say about this book...

Review to come!
For.fictions.sake (Shelby)
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
The writing was choppy and confusing. DNF for me.
Vignesh Kumar
Charlie Bowater's the cover artist?? I am in!
Rachel E. Carter
L.R.W. Lee brings an amazing new realm (literally!) to new adult fantasy. It's sure to please fans of sorcerers, princes, kickass fight scenes, epic magic, and dazzling romance. Did I mention this is all in one book?

I had the utmost pleasure of receiving an early review copy of this lovely book >> it's definitely new adult (think A Court of Thorns and Roses level, which I know will make a lot of romance readers happy!) and definitely brings back all my favorite epic medieval fantasy feels
Lauren
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Note: I received an ARC copy of this book from the author. This in no way influences my opinion.I was a bit on the fence about reading this book. I wasn't entirely sure if it sounded like it was going to be my kind of thing, but after discussing it over with a friend, I decided to go for it and applied for ARC when they opened up. Unfortunately, this turned out to be not really my cup of tea and I ended up DNFing it about 30 percent of the way through. I found it to be confusing and slow, as wel ...more
Ann (annreads)
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I believed creativity to be the expression of the person, who they were inside. Evil didn't create beauty like this.”

I really enjoyed this book! Even though I had a few issues with the overall plot, it was a super fun read and I literally devoured it in like two sittings😂
The ending got me really intrigued though, I can’t wait for the next one!

3.75/5★★★
Samantha Zeman
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is a wonderfully fresh take on the Sandman (Sand maiden) and it was fabulous!

First I'd like to say thank you to L.R.W. Lee for providing such an awesome opportunity to allow some of us, myself included, to receive an ARC! So, thank you so much! Below is my honest review.

The characters development was wonderful, especially Kovis. He grew so much from the beginning before he knew Ali. Ali truly was what he needed to break through the wall he had built and once he did he was amazing! Ali
Isabel
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know what? I didn't think I would like this or appreciate this series at all - but since book 1 was free I gave it a go. Absolutely a good read. I'm going to check out the author some more. :)
Nikki
I am changing my rating from 3.5 to 4 stars. I went back from the start to take note of lines that left me an impact. And I realized I enjoyed more of the story in this quick re-read. The realms the characters are in are truly unique. Also, if I can't move on from this particular scene in the book then I must have been imbued and captivated right? I would seriously love to find out more of what happens to Kennan to Ali and Kovis and how they would together endure that huge revelation in the end. ...more
Jessica Paratchek
There are two big things to be mentioned when reviewing this book. One is that it is a romance story. I had to somewhat reorganize my expectations about five chapters into it because I did not know the romance would be a main plot point. Once I did realized that though I started to enjoy the journey a bit more if that makes sense. Nothing wrong with a good romance fantasy, in fact they are some of my favorites! I just like it better when I know that going into the book and I feel that other rea ...more
Elizabeth De Guzman
I just finished reading Lullaby and WOW! this book gave me the feels, and the characters are interesting more and more as you dive in to the story. I was lucky to have an ARC, and now I can't wait to have this series added to my shelves. Seriously, I can't wait for book 2. I already miss Ali and Kovis. To L.R.W. Lee thank you for introducing me to another world that I would love to explore in. Planning on re-reading it tonight. :)
Andrea
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review and I would like to say I definitely liked this book but I would give it about 3.5 stars and here is why:

First, the plot itself is really unique and I loved the idea behind it. The magic system is one of my favorites in the books that I have read recently. I do love the fact that there are non magic wielding cities as well with their own rules and traditions. I would LOOOOVE if the next book had more of them involved. It definitely has the poten
Kirsty
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
****I was given a review copy of this book in return for my honest review****

Lullaby was on my Amazon wish list long before I was offered a review copy and so when that chance arose I grabbed it with both hands, and oh my am I glad I did.

A wonderfully created world sees the reader move from the Dream Realm to the Wake Realm as the main character, Ali flees from her Sandman father. Once in Wake we meet well rounded characters who you cannot help but love. The bond between siblings, friends becom
A Court of Readers
I received an Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) of the book Lullaby. Which (just in case you don't know) means I received a copy of the book before it's official release date. Lullaby is being released on the 15th of January 2018. In exchange for receiving this book, I am giving an honest review! This is the first ARC I have ever gotten and I'm glad to have been one of the lucky ones who received a copy!

Lullaby is a fantasy, romance, New Adult novel with Young Adult appeal. L.R.W.Lee also the author o
Ashley
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt so lucky to receive an ARC from L.R.W Lee. My first arc ever!
So here is my honest review.

I really enjoyed the book. I think the story and the way it's presented is unique. I'd love to know more about Ali's world, but I'm sure that is to come!
The character development was done well. I especially love Ali and her sweet demeanor, but she is also so forward, especially with Kovis. Lol.

I can't wait for the next book!
Cassandra
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!

The cover is perfect for this new world and intriguing!

This is the first book in a new series that is considered New Adult which means you should be at least 18 to read this series due to the mature content.

Wow, this book was intense and full of drama, intrigue, treachery, magic, an
Solaris
Stephanie
Jan 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let’s begging this review by explaining my rating progress here 1 stars out of Five
I’ve heard a decent amount of buzz surrounding this book from the bookstagram community on Instagram and I feel the the buzz came more from the fact that the cover art of this book was contributed by the amazing Charlie Bowter the women who lends her art style to Sarah J Maas Acotar series. As well for the fact as this book immediately labeled itself as New Adult which I tend to see being the new trend when it com
Pamela
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read books like this for fun and entertainment, so I usually give high rates when I like the story and it captivates me, even when I don’t actually agree with/like every part of it. I really liked this book, but it does have some issues. I know we can’t possibly love all stories and we won’t agree with every part of all books we read, but I wish this story was… I don’t know… more. It deserved more. The short version? It needs more development. The world is great; the characters and the plot ...more
Ann Daniel
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I've really enjoyed this series so far it's different than most fantasy books and has been fun to get lost in their word
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
"I believed creativity to be the expression of the person, who they were inside. Evil didn't create beauty like this. This was honest. I resisted, but I couldn't deny.
~LULLABY

I'll admit it: The first time I heard about this book, it was because the cover had just been revealed and shown in a social media thread I was following. Then I saw that the cover art was from Charlie Bowater, who has done artwork for the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. THEN I read the summary. Sand
Cabiria Aquarius
Lullaby was a very fascinating tale and an interesting take on things. The idea of Sand Men and Sand Maidens was very cool. And this story honestly had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I had difficulty putting it down and the characters oh my. Ali sounds like such a brave and strong person. To give up what you know. That takes guts. The royal siblings are close. Which is nice. I love it.

She’s been through a lot just to survive and now she’s got to be brave and help Wake Realm.
H
Nicole Shink
Really a 2.5. This book was different. One chapter id really enjoy reading it and the next I didn’t. I usually have to read the next book in a series right away but I have no interest in continuing with this. Charlie Bowater art always sucks me in
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Update Cover Please 5 81 Aug 05, 2019 12:27PM
Merge versions 1 2 Aug 05, 2019 09:18AM
Cover Image Not Showing 2 1 Jul 15, 2019 06:33AM
Please update cover 2 1 Jun 22, 2019 06:18AM
Goodreads Librari...: I have one book with two pages that need to be combined 5 20 Jan 23, 2018 01:26PM

• The Sword and the Dagger
  • The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Ride On
  • Eight Will Fall
  • Spirit of the Knight
  • Whisper of the Tide (Song of the Current, #2)
  • We Are Blood and Thunder
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Evenfall (Shadowfire, #1)
  • Powers of the Six (Emissary of Light, #1)
  • Gates of Stone (Lord of the Islands, #1)
  • Catching Stars
  • Three Princes
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • Talus and the Frozen King
  • True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie 1-3)
L. R. W. Lee has a passion for fantasy and epic fantasy and in that genre, she credits C. S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with its beginning in her life. Later on, she enjoyed the complex world of Middle Earth brought to life by J. R. R. Tolkien in Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

The multiple dimensions of the worlds, especially the dragons, mixed with a laye

The Sand Maiden (3 books)
  • Rock-A-Bye Baby
  • Good Night
“Dare to bare?” 5 likes
“And then I felt him. My only anchor in this storm, my only path back. One hand grabbed my shoulder and held me firmly in place. The other banished the air driving the monster. As suddenly as the whirlwind started, it died, and I collapsed. Kovis caught me in his arms.” 3 likes