Start by marking “The Other Tide” as Want to Read:
The Other Tide

The Other Tide

Dr. Samantha ‘Sam’ Smith and Luke Jansen have gotten under each other’s skins since they met 10 years ago on the Royal Australian Naval base. They never thought they’d see each other again until their love of sharks brought them back together, giving their competitive and stubborn natures another chance to clash.

Sam, marine biologist and shark specialist, recen
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Other Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Tide

Start your review of The Other Tide
Carvanz
Holy heck! This was a freaking amazing read! It has absolutely everything you could want in an enemies-to-lovers story and if you’re a shark week fan, this is going to totally push you over the edge of fandom!

Ten years ago, Sam met Luke, a cocky, arrogant navy diver that rubbed her competitive nature in such a way she hasn’t been able to forget him. Just as she’s preparing to begin two years of research on the mating habits of the great white shark, she learns he will be along for the ride. Having earned
Smut Report
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Review also available at The Smut Report.

Heat Factor: Moderate

Character Chemistry: The best thing about this book

Plot: We are studying Great White sharks because they are the coolest!

Overall:

I’ll be honest here, I picked up this book solely because I figured it would give me an opportunity to use a bunch of Sharknado gifs.

How could you not want this?!?!?!

However, there is a distinct lack of shark attack drama, probably because Spade is a responsible author who does not want to perpetuate the urban legend that sharks are evil eaters of human flesh.

Anyways.

Sam is a marine biologist who specialicoolest!
:book
:Moderate
CharacterReport.
Heat
Amelia Foster
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, let me be upfront and admit I am a big fan of Shark Week on The Animal Planet so I was kind of tickled pink to see sharks featured front and center in this read. I also want to take this opportunity to just draw attention to a really important detail, Ms. Spade has a note listed at the end of her blurb, “A portion of all proceeds will be donated to shark and ocean conservation.” This is a lovely sentiment and a great reason to grab a copy of this book ASAP knowing your money is going to a ...more
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this Author and let me tell you it will definitely not be my last.
This book had me giggling in parts, I'm not even going to say about what. You just have to read and if you are Australian let me tell you it is brilliant!
The Australian colloquialisms were perfectly done as well! I can't tell you how many books I've read where the author goes clichè.
I loved the dynamic between Sam and Luke.
This was a funny enemies to lovers romance, with the perfect amount
Jade Wiseman
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ILOVESHARKS!!!

Looooved this book! I feel like I know so much more about sharks!! Haha the romance part of the book was great! I love that he obviously always liked her but she was too feisty and stubborn to realise it!
The writing was brilliant and I'm looking forward to reading more or your work! 😁
Georgia Tingley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
TRUE BLUE ENEMIES TO LOVERS STORY

I love the dynamics between the two main characters, Sam and Luke. Their witty repartee and banter was laugh out loud at times. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was fast paced and fun. A great summer read ... but not at the beach!
T.L. Martin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fairly fast-paced read with a delicious hero, fun banter, and great chemistry.

My husband is terrified of sharks, comically so, and the fact made this book that much more enjoyable for me ;) I really enjoyed the setting and all the shark facts packed inside, and that it was delivered in a natural, engaging way that didn't overshadow the story or romance. I also admire the purpose behind it and hope this sheds some light on the importance of sharks and why they deserve protection.
Aimee Ann
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Other Tide is a stunning piece of romantic comedy literature that enthralled, entertained, and enchanted me from the very beginning! Everything about this romantic comedy was beautiful, funny, but also poignant; the characters, as well as the incredible literature courtesy of the excellent Carly Spade, made me fall in love with this book. So if you are looking to read a book that will grasp your attention from the first page and hold it throughout, then already, I would implore you lovely re ...more
M.J. Bavis
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sharks. It’s been a while—okay, never—that I last read a romance novel with the big fish. Hence, going into the book my knowledge of sharks amounted to Jaws.

The Other Tide was far less bloody.

Shark specialist Samantha ‘Sam’ Smith scores the job of her dreams—located in Australia, tagging sharks, filming them mating… Who wouldn’t want a piece of that? Of course, every silver lining has a dark, rain-filled centre, and in this case, it comes in the form of Luke ‘Also-Into-Sharks’ Janse
C. Lymari
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Enemies to lovers are one of my favorite and the way Carly tells the story was very unique. I can't say I ever read about sharks, so I loved the fact that I got to learn so much from this. The chemistry between Sam and Luke was hot. I was waiting for that sizzling moment to go BOOM. And it didn't disappoint. Can't wait to see what Ms. Carly writes nex
QueenOfBooks88
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was brilliant, a enemies to lovers trope. The hilarious banter between Sam & Luke makes this a heartwarmingly funny thoroughly enjoyable read! I'm a sucker for accents so given its Australia Vs America it was a battle of the pronunciations 😊 it was equally interesting learning facts about sharks i wouldnt normally of known since i have a fear of deep water and them lol. Another fantasic book by this author and look forward to many more 😊
Sam
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Samantha Smith, also known as Sam, was recently able to get her dream job as a marine biologist who specializes in sharks. However, when she is invited to an expedition by her mentor, her mentor had also invited another shark expert. What she was not counting for was the fact that she knew the shark expert and has an interesting history with him too. Sam and Luke Jansen, the shark expert, has been having a competitive streak ever since they met each other 10 years ago but Sam thought that she wo ...more
Sandra Lopez
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Sam was a shark researcher with a fancy Biology degree and bodacious body. When an opportunity to join an expedition comes up, she jumps on it. The last person she expected to see was the same cocky bastard she’d hope to forget. The boat suddenly didn’t seem big enough.

Story is simple with a steady rhythm, and delves into great knowledge about sharks and sea-diving. It’s a tumbling life at sea! The schematics regarding the expedition and the scientific research were a little confusi
Lyndsey Gallagher
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A shark invested love story which I enjoyed from start to finish!
Paula
Demri R
Oct 15, 2019
Jillian James
Oct 24, 2019

• Let Go (Suncoast University, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect, #1)
  • Behind the Glass
  • Two Left In Love (Bell Buckle #2)
  • Love to Hate You
  • Ruby Moon (By the Light of the Moon, #1)
  • Gifts for the Dead (Rivers, #2)
  • Hidden (The Twin Bay Saga, #2)
  • Dare to Love Two (Bell Buckle #1)
  • Savage Storm (A Savage Series Novel, #8)
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Just Desserts #1)
  • The Marquis She's Been Waiting For (The Marriage Game, #9)
  • Daughters of a Nation: A Black Suffragette Historical Romance Anthology
  • Sacking the Quarterback
  • The Double Wager
An adult romance writer who has been writing since she could pick up a pencil. After the insanity of obtaining a bachelor’s and master’s degree in cybersecurity, creating worlds to escape to still ate at her very soul. She started writing FanFiction (which can still be found if you scour the internet 😉 ), and soon felt the need to get her original ideas on paper. And so the adventure began.