Start by marking “Bowraville” as Want to Read:
Bowraville

Bowraville

A true crime story cannot often be believed, at least at the beginning. In Bowraville, all three of the victims were Aboriginal. All three were killed within five months, between 1990 and 1991. The same white man was linked to each, but nobody was convicted.
More than two decades later, homicide detective Gary Jubelin contacted Dan Box, asking him to pursue this serial kill
Published July 2nd 2019 by Penguin eBooks

To ask other readers questions about Bowraville, please sign up.
Janet It’s very much more in depth with an insight into the community and racial tensions even in small towns. The inequality in how crimes are investigated…moreIt’s very much more in depth with an insight into the community and racial tensions even in small towns. The inequality in how crimes are investigated at the time is shocking hopefully things will improve with spotlights like this on the subject. It’s a good read.(less)

Janet
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great heartfelt in depth reporting about another injustice for Aboriginal families. Dan has taken this story to heart and worked to champion the causes of equality in the justice system through the narrative. A riveting read
Sean Kennedy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking and infuriating.
Elisha
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: purchased
I am not a fan of true crime normally. Usually I find it repetitive. I have to admit I did skim through some of this book... however I found it absolutely gut wrenching as to the way the victims families were treated not just initially but ongoing. I actually felt bloody mad by the time I finished. I like to think that we are all at least treated equally by our government agencies. Very sad story :(
Jen
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A deeply troubling true crime story based in the small town of Bowraville, NSW.

When three Aboriginal children disappear in the space of five months and later all turn up dead, surely the world sits up and takes notice.

This story follows the investigation, trial, media coverage (or lack thereof) and subsequent New South Wales and High Court appeals that follow over the next 25 years.
Rachel
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Karna Roberts
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, yet heart breaking.
Still no answers
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
My View:
I wholeheartedly agree with the comments that the Walkey judges made about the reporting of the Bowraville murders. What more could I add?

That I was/am haunted by the stories here – the institutionalised and individual racism like none I have come across in Australia before now, my despair at the cycle of violence and alcoholism that has been normalised in some of the communities spoken of here and I feel the frustration of all those involved in trying to find justice for the two young p
CP