Start by marking “Undead as a Doornail (Phoenix Bones: International Monster Hunter Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Undead as a Doornail (Phoenix Bones: International Monster Hunter Book 1)

Undead as a Doornail (Phoenix Bones: International Monster Hunter Book 1)

"I was already dead by the time I was born, and Ive died a lot of times since then. But somehow, someway, I came back. I always come back. My name is Phoenix Bones, and I hunt monsters."
----------------
The first novel in the International Monster Hunter series introduces Phoenix Bones, self-trained bane of the things that go bump in the night.

Phoenix knows what horrors
Published August 15th 2019 by William F. Aicher

To ask other readers questions about Undead as a Doornail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead as a Doornail

Start your review of Undead as a Doornail (Phoenix Bones: International Monster Hunter Book 1)
Christine
I have a new favorite indie series that replaces my loss of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. Picture Sookie meets Lula and Stephanie Plum in male form.

Add in whiskey, a drug addict Dr. Who sidekick, and a male protagonist who is pretty much my f'ing soulmate.

AND THE SERIES TAKES PLACE ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!

Aicher came for me with Undead As a Doornail. Not fair...

Set in the catacombs of Paris, watch as Phoenix tries to solve a murder mystery while scarfing on some crepes. If only blueberry vs
Sonia Rogers
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exciting and fun!

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. The characters are fun, the plot surprising, and Im ready for book 2 already. The only issue I had was a few typos that pulled me out of the story for a second, but they werent enough to stop me from reading. Highly recommend this book!
Ma Chrzaszcz
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
William Aicher carefully plays with the rules of the horror and supernatural genre and gives us original vampires (would you believe it?!) with a witty yet blasé hero who has his own interesting quirks and abilities. His dangerous little European tour leaves us wanting more.
Harold E Britt
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
New Monster Hunter on the block

Phoenix Bones, a portentous name for an animal control officer who seems to keep running into some pretty odd animals. Follow this unique hunter through a painful maze of death and blood in a high stakes chase to the death.
Lisa
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read

I enjoyed this book and recommend it. Being a monster hunter is dangerous work, but Phoenix is well-suited for this life given his unusual "condition" and means of travel.
gordon musgrave
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book!!

Very entertaining to read..very fast read too..the main character is someone I could like very easily..Would recommend this book to anyone!!
William Aicher
Aug 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy, horror, thriller
As usual, marking as read because as the author, I've read through this thing dozens of times. :)
Michele
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did you ever contemplate the smell of a vampire's breath? The answer to this query opens Undead as a Doornail, a deliciously humorous segue into the world of Phoenix Bones, Monster Hunter. Buckle up, this is one campily macabre ride with things that go bump in the night, parafairies, and an errant raccoon from the get-go.

Mr. Bones, aka a mild-mannered Animal Control Specialist by day, morphs into Monster Hunter at the squeal of the police scanner or a bang on his door. Traveling through the
Iseult Murphy
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Phoenix Bones

I fell in love with Phoenix Bones within the first page of this book. He has the right mixture of humor and humanity to make me want to go on a journey with him - any journey - and it turns out this is an exciting ride! The magic, or whatever you call the mechanics of monster hunting, is very original and totally awesome. I cant wait for the second book in the series. I hope there will be many more Phoenix Bones adventures to come.
Ruth Schweickert
rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2019
Cora
karen sue bourgeois
Kim Gonzalez

• Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Wall of Silence
  • The Gates (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • The Trouble With Magic (The Elemental Witch, #1)
  • Fallen Reign (Sins of the Father Book 1)
  • Hell for the Holidays: A 24/7 Demon Mart Christmas Special (24/7 Demon Mart, 32)
  • Carl Perkins' Cadillac: A Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter Urban Fantasy
  • Guilty (Verdict Realty #3)
  • Dragon Assassin (Dragon Assassin Omnibus Book 1)
  • Dragon Assassin 2 (Dragon Assassin Omnibus)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Unhinged (Verdict Realty #2)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • All the Devils (Livia Lone #4)
  • Pixie Me Up (Newborn Pixie Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Judge. Jury. Torturer. (Verdict Realty, #1)
  • Reaping Wind (Montague & Strong Case Files #9)
William F. Aicher is an independent author who primarily writes what he describes as "philosophical fiction" and holds degrees in journalism and philosophy from the University of Wisconsin. A proponent of the value of creative work, he is also a champion of intellectual property rights.

A Wisconsin native, he currently lives in the middle of Iowa with his wife, three sons, and a trio of crazy cats.