Start by marking “Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)

Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)

Roxy plays polo… but dreams of love.

Forty-one-year-old polo player Roxy arrives in Argentina with a to-do list that includes healing from a polo injury and falling in love with a handsome Argentine. From polo boots to tango shoes, the adrenaline of riding horses to glamorous after-game parties, Roxy learns to navigate this unfamiliar landscape with the help of new friends
Published July 2nd 2019 by RV Publications

To ask other readers questions about Single in Buenos Aires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single in Buenos Aires

Start your review of Single in Buenos Aires (The Polo Diaries, #1)
Nursebookie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Single in Buenos Aires Polo Diaries Book #1 By Roxana Valea

Roxy is a 41 yo single Romanian living in London whose hobby is playing polo. Where else in the world can you play polo than Argentina. So she sets off and travels to Argentina with a clear focus and a checklist in mind. She gives herself three months to spend in the exotic Buenos Aires, Argentina to complete her list!

Her checklist includes 5 must do items: heal from her wrist injury, play lots of polo, watch and attend polo parties,
Andie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Women's Fiction. Though not strictly speaking romance, it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's a travel diary of a woman on a quest for love in Argentina. Great summer reading!
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

I'll be honest: before starting this book I thought that Single In Buenos Aires would probably be too much of a chicklit romance novel for my tastes and had primarily chosen to give this novel a try because of its Romanian authorship. It's ideal for my WorldReads project. As it turned out though, I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Roxy! Single In Buenos Aires is written in the first person so it actually feels like one is reading a
Cheryl M-M
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have you ever experienced a visceral connection to a place or a country? Just a feeling that you belong to it and it in turn belongs to you, is a part of you. That's how Roxy feels about Argentinia, which is why she is repeatedly drawn back to the country and the people.

One wonders if the connection and the sense of coming home can be brought back to a common emotion that people, who haved called many places home or have less of a connection to their home country, get. There is often a feeling
Jane Hunt
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
An independent woman travels to Argentina, to experience everything it has to offer. A devotee of polo, she wants to recover from a sports injury to play again, whilst meeting her soulmate. She has a to-do list and sets about completing it in a forthright way, but life is never simple, as she finds out.

Written in the form of a journal, this story's originality wars with being repetitive. There are lots of references to Argentina's culture, landscape, city and way of life, which are fascinating,
Rhonda
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me. The story was very interesting as I like stories with older characters. We get to follow Roxy while she is in Buenos Aires. It's an easy enough read that kept my interest. I don't know anything about Polo but this was fun to learn a few things about. I'll follow this series to see what is going to happen next!
Heather

I was interested in this book for the adventure of living in a new country and trying to meet people with the bonus aspect of horses. For a while the book works as Roxy moves to Argentina with several goals in mind. She wants to rehab her wrists after breaking both arms in a polo match. She is taking Spanish lessons. She wants to start playing polo again. She also wants to fall in love.

I enjoyed the parts of this book that dealt with her learning about Argentinian customs. I liked the women
B.R. Maycock
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best part of being a blogger will always be finding a book from an author that you didn't know you absolutely HAD to read. This is where I am here. When I saw this blog tour I basically saw horses and jumped, little did I know I'd be getting fantastic settings and en pointe romance too!!!

But, as usual, I digress. Let's go back to the beginning, where we're meeting Roxy, who's telling us about Argentina, a country she's arrived in, after a fall that's damaged her in more ways than one.

Roxy
Alexa Petre
Dec 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really admired and respected Roxana for her memoir "Through dust and dreams". So introspective, raw and sincere, and definitely inspirational. With this book in my mind, I had high expectations from "Single in Buenos Aires". I am sorry to say it was a total disappointment. Very shallow, superficial, repetitive, uninteresting. The quality of the book is pretty low, especially when comparing with the aforementioned one. Not to mention the numerous misspellings, it seems that the book was not ...more
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I've had a fascination for Argentina for as long as I remember, so jumped at the chance to read Single in Buenos Aires because I thought it was a sports romance novel. So, I was a bit surprised to find out it's written as a memoir.

Diving in, it took time to get used to the writing style as I was expecting a narrative full of romantic emotions, however, Roxy's adventures managed to keep me entertained throughout her documented time in this South American country.

Written in the style of entries of
Antoaneta Ro
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kind of smart chick lit, light hearted and humorous but tackling serious issues like being 40 and single, being 40 and dating a younger man, having a jet setter lifestyle that makes it difficult to create bonds, being a woman and being into a man's sport, being away from your family, in hospital and trying not to scare them, etc.

Being single in Buenos Aires is a bit like walking into the lions cage, scary and attractive at the same time. Argentinian men are hot and courteous, but can you trust
Tasha Mahoney
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: womens-fiction
3.5 stars.
I did enjoy Single In Buenos Aires but I didn't feel drawn fully into the story. I cannot put my finger on it, but I wasn't lost in the story throughout.
Roxy was an interesting character who heads off to Argentina with a checklist and endeavours to check them all off. I did enjoy the scenic route that Roxy took while working through the list, but I didn’t warm to her and this, I believe was my stumbling block as the story was well written.
The writing had a nice flow and there were
LianaReads blog
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
New to me author and lovely story.
I like sports romance but this one is more woman fiction than romance.
told like diary entries, the story is about the struggles of a woman at a certain age in her life when she's still single and works in a man's world. It was an interesting read, the descriptions were nice and the Spanish words inserted were a bonus added to the story.
I will recommend this book to my friends for a quick and easy summer read.
Anna Volkin
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had no idea polo and Argentina were of any interest to me, but this book made me want to know more. It’s a true X-ray of Roxy’s Argentinian adventure, written as a journal, and it stands out in terms of authenticity and flavor. The cultural diveristy is beautifully depicted.
Tiziana Langone
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

The art of making lists – or not?

After a polo injury, Roxy goes to Argentina to heal. She also makes a list with things she want to accomplish. So she wants to heal completely from her injury, but also fall in love with a handsome Argentine.With the help of her friends she wants to take her life back in her own hands.

The very little I know about polo is that you sit on a horse and have to kick a ball into a goal. And yes, I know there is so much more to it, but let’s be honest, in Belgium is
Lexi
Dec 30, 2019
Michele
Jan 09, 2020

• Getting Dirty: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • The Cornish Secret of Summer's Promise (A Little Hotel in Cornwall Book 4)
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • When We Say Goodbye
  • After You Fell: A creepy, page-turning and completely gripping thriller!
  • The Violinist's Apprentice
  • The Profit Motive (Sterling and Mason, #2)
  • Agricola's Bane (Celtic Fervour Series Book 4)
  • 133 Hours
  • Two: Mind Games and Murder (A Path of Deception and Betrayal #2)
  • Christmas at the Chateau (A French Escape #2)
  • Lilian and the Irresistible Duke (Secrets of a Victorian Household)
  • Happy Christmas Eve
  • The Cure
  • A Christmas Kiss (Life on the Moors Book 4)
  • New Beginnings At Glendale Hall