Start by marking “Thrilling Adventure Yarns” as Want to Read:
Thrilling Adventure Yarns

Thrilling Adventure Yarns

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The pulp magazine era was bristling with brawny men and statuesque women globetrotting, getting into and out of danger. Their exploits quickened the pulses of their readers, young and old alike. They gave rise to some of the most enduring heroes known the world-round.

To honor and celebrate a bygone era, Crazy 8 Press has assembled a stellar line-up of writers – Derek
Published July 13th 2019 by Crazy 8 Press

To ask other readers questions about Thrilling Adventure Yarns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrilling Adventure Yarns

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Thrilling Adventure Yarns
Pamela Shropshire
This book has stories from many different genres - fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, gothic and even romance! There were a couple that I didn’t really care for, but most of them were engaging and enjoyable. The accompanying artwork adds to the stories.

I particularly liked Opium Dreams (historical), Girl Running from House (romance with gothic vibes), Hate Hop, (the Lester Dent story), and Not Just an Intern (a straight-up romance). I would give all those stories a solid 4 stars.

One factor that lowered
Mike Crate
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Never has a book been so perfectly titled thanks to the wildly varying mixture of stories chosen for inclusion all of which meet the requirements of having that certain something that grips the imagination yet remains just a little off balance. Pirates, Private Eyes, Mask wearing crime fighters, Alien Invasions, Magic, Ghosts, Gunslingers and so much more delight and entertain in this excellent anthology. Highly recommended for something a little bit different on your reading list.
Luke
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give this book five stars. I thought the stories were a lot of fun, and this kind of anthology is right up my alley. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it that high a rating because it was not edited or proofread nearly as well as it should be. There were numerous typos, run-on sentences, missing punctuation, and even stray pieces of sentences that weren't completely deleted during rewrites. Sadly, these errors kept me from becoming as immersed in the book as I would have liked.
Jim
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A mixed bag of stories from different genres. Overall a good read, but as expected with a short story collection, not all the stories fit my tastes. The best thing I can say about the collection is that I backed it on Kickstarter a few months ago, and I’m glad that I did.
Andrew Miller
E.A.C. Klemann
Oct 03, 2019
Asingularity
Oct 19, 2019

• Excelsior (New Frontiers Trilogy, #1)
  • Cold Boots: Bringing faster-than-light anti-gravity footwear to a galaxy near you (Hal Spacejock Book 10)
  • Rebellion (Omega Force #11)
  • Endeavour (The Sleeping Gods, #1)
  • The Last Stand (Blood on the Stars Book 14)
  • The Golden Spiders (Nero Wolfe, #22)
  • Fortress of Solitude (Doc Savage, #23)
  • Prisoner's Base (Nero Wolfe, #21)
  • The Black Mountain (Nero Wolfe, #24)
  • Spartan Gold (Fargo Adventure, #1)
  • Before Midnight (Nero Wolfe #25)
  • Three Witnesses (Nero Wolfe, #26)
  • Podkayne of Mars
  • Ghost Story
  • Tarzan the Untamed (Tarzan, #7)
  • If Death Ever Slept (Nero Wolfe, #29)
  • Three for the Chair (Nero Wolfe, #28)
  • Champagne for One (Nero Wolfe, #31)