Jump to ratings and reviews

Distract Me

Who said dating your baby’s daddy would be complicated?

Meera
For the past few years, I’ve been raising my former best friend’s kid. So when she storms into town, wanting the child back, it’s not surprising that I need something to distract me from panicking. Enter sex god artist, Nick. He drives me wild and gives me the confidence to pursue my dreams. But when I discover my kid is his, I’m faced with a dilemma. Do I tell him, and risk him taking her away? Or do I keep it to myself and jeopardize the best love I’ve ever known?

Nick
I made a mistake years ago. The result? A baby I’ve been looking for, desperately wanting to be part of their life. After years of fruitless searching, I’m about to blow my lid from frustration.
It isn’t until sexy as sin Meera comes into my life that I’m able to relax. But when the trail for my kid leads me to Meera and her daughter, everything we’ve built together might shatter. All because of a hidden truth.

319 pages, Kindle Edition

Published December 12, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ceri Grenelle

19 books182 followers
Ceri is the author of quirky and sexy contemporary romance novels. She has a major weakness for sappy cuddle moments as much as hot and steamy sex scenes, and a penchant for writing snappy and sarcastic dialogue. She loves romance that isn't afraid to be awkward and uncouth, and thrives on flawed characters with big hearts.

Ceri is a New York native living in California with her two cats, Mercy and Eugene Fitzherbert, who should be very thankful she didn't name him frying pan. She is a proud functioning introvert and lover of all things geeky. You can find her haunting the Twitter machine or posting pictures of her ridiculous cats on Instagram.

To receive exclusive content, fun giveaways, sneak previews of upcoming books, and general shenanigans sign up for her newsletter at CeriGrenelle.com/newsletter

Follow me on Twitter here:
@CeriGAuthor

Follow me on Facebook here:
Ceri Grenelle's Facebook Page

Follow me on Pinterest here:
Ceri's Pinterest

Follow me on Amazon here:
Ceri's Amazon Page

Follow me and my weirdo cats on Instagram here:
Ceri's slightly manic Instagram

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 46 reviews
Profile Image for Rochelle.
1,542 reviews
December 15, 2019
This is book 6 in the Stupid Awesome Love series and the first one that I have read as well as the first book that I have read from this author. It was a really good story. Meera and Nick were such a good couple. I loved the chemistry that they had between them. Loved Nissa, she was a cutie. Quick read that will keep you invested until the end.

Profile Image for poppy.
4,592 reviews25 followers
December 12, 2019
Distract me is Nick and Meera's story and I found myself hooked pretty quickly it was a good interesting read and had enough going on to keep me reading right until the very end this was a super read I really enjoyed it.
1,635 reviews38 followers
February 14, 2020
This is another fast paced romance in the Stupid Awesome Love series. It has some coincidences that strain credibility but it does have some interesting characters and a nice ending. I really didn't understand his anger after the heroine had devoted five years of her life to raising a child foisted off on her but I suppose there is always another way to view things. If you're looking for some hot sex scenes and a little bit different plot you'll enjoy this book.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Profile Image for Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon).
16.3k reviews154 followers
March 31, 2020
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
February 6, 2020
This is such a good book. Meera was left with a huge burden but yet the biggest blessing of her life. Little did she know that it was her forever connection to Nick. Nick never knew what he wanted. He lived the wild boy life style that never the consistent love of a woman or other blessings until he met Meera and her blessing at a wedding. They ended up with the fight of their life in the end but it is magical.
Profile Image for Tayra Sanders.
2,313 reviews25 followers
February 8, 2020
This was a wonderful book. It didn't seem rushed. This was sweet and steamy, full of romance and passion with great characters that were interesting enough to draw you in.
795 reviews3 followers
January 14, 2020
He really did distract her from what was right in front of her. He knew what she wanted and needed. He made it known that he wanted her and her daughter. Not knowing the truth made it harder to be what he wanted to be to her. There was a lot of hurt and emotional pain involved in this book. Sometimes the distraction brings attention to something that needs to be dealt with on a personal level.

Profile Image for Book-Lover.
73 reviews17 followers
January 14, 2020
Great read. Pulls at your heartstrings and has you rooting for true love. I haven't read the others in the series but they are definitely on my want to read list now!
Profile Image for Gwen.
263 reviews21 followers
December 12, 2019
I received an ARC from the author and I am happy to give my honest review.

This is the 6th in the series and we get to see all the precious cast of characters. It was nice to check in with them. Meera has fascinated me from the beginning so I was excited to see her get her own book.

Nick is a famous painter artist who knows he has a child he has never met from 5 years ago. He has been looking for his kid while sleeping with every male and female he came across (basically). I liked seeing a bi character and the description of the emotions he feels during sex were interesting. Nick was intense but also kind of boneheaded.

Meera has been raising her friend’s daughter after she abandoned her as an infant. She meets Nick at a wedding and they start a light relationship, eventually moving into more. Her daughter’s bio mom comes back and wants custody. Meera doesn’t share this really with her boyfriend but does with her best friends who are married to Nick’s friends. There needs to be a suspension of belief because why wouldn’t the whole friend group know what is going on for both Nick and Meera?

This is a variation on a secret baby type plot which is definitely not my favorite. I liked Nick and Meera together. They were hot hot hot. Some of the plot in looking for his kid was a little unbelievable. The reconciliation between Nick and Meera also felt tidy. All in all it was an entertaining read and I loved seeing Meera succeed in her career.
Profile Image for Ewa.
1,840 reviews
December 30, 2019
Very interesting story line.
Meera is Mom to her best friend’s baby. Real Mom couldn’t do it, for I would say didn’t care ?
But Meera always been expecting her back to take child back. The little girl is 5.
Nick, an artist, who likes sex in all varieties, men and women. No discrimination here.
But Meera is different,all of a sudden, he knew he wanted her to be his.
Nick is on the mission to find his Baby after he made a terrible decision about 6 years ago.past, He has no clue where she is.
Shocking information lead him to Meera and the trouble started when real Mum shows up to actually get custody now?!
It was very enjoyable book. Highly recommended

Profile Image for Jennifer.
454 reviews3 followers
November 11, 2019
Interesting take. Distract Me is a stand-alone novel in the Stupid Awesome Love series. I read it as a stand alone and did not feel like I was missing anything. I will say that it was obvious that some of the other characters had their own stories, but I didn't feel the need to have to read them first. This was a decent story with some strong points, but it also had some downfalls for me.
The plot of this story was interesting and refreshing. The idea that the main hero was looking for his child for so long while avoiding any other serious attachments is amazing. Add in the one woman who may make him change his mind? I liked that about this book. The characters were original and the heat was great.
My only complaint about the book was the writing style. I just don't feel like it meshed well for me. Sometimes the characters used words that didn't seem to fit their personality. I also felt like the story progressed a little too slowly for me personally. All of these issues were a personal issue for me though.
In conclusion, this was a good story. I enjoyed many aspects of it. With that being said, I also had some issues with it as well. I would say that for some this book will be a huge hit. Give it a shot.
Ratings:Plot: 4/5Characters: 4/5Heat: 5/5Writing Style: 3/5Overall: 3/5
7,813 reviews56 followers
January 2, 2020
I loved this well written book with great characters and a smoothly written storyline. The chemistry between the characters is strong from start to finish making for smooth flowing storyline. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

3,801 reviews7 followers
December 30, 2019
I enjoyed this new "Stupid Awesome Love" story. It's a stand alone read with a very interesting plot. I really like the characters. Meera and Nick are good together if they can get past hidden truth's. She's is raising her ex-best friend's baby, who is now five. She ex-best friend could not handle a child and skipped town. Nick is an artist who loves sex any way he can get it. He made a mistake years ago and is not sure where to find his child. Very interesting story-line with some sexiness, drama, a roller coaster of emotions and some good twists.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.9k reviews130 followers
December 12, 2019
Meera is single mom to her best friend's baby, since said best friend left town because she couldn't do it. Obviously said bestie is now in the former category, but nonetheless, Meera's always been fearful of her coming back for the baby who is now a tiny human of 5. Meera also has some issues with her mother, who I didn't really care for, since I truly believe mother's should always want what's best for their kids, and Meera's mother did not. Then there's Nick, an artist, who likes sex in all types of ways, women or men, and when he set eyes on Meera, all of a sudden, he knew he wanted her to be his. However, Nick made a terrible decision about 6 years past, and should be looking for that baby of his, but has no clue where she is. Imagine his shock when all roads lead to Meera, and the tiny human she's raising is actually his daughter. I mean, they have some super sexy times since their chemistry is off the charts, not to mention all the feelings being caught, but can they get through this bomb dropped together?! And will Meera's ex-bestie actually get granted custody now?! You need to one click to find out, as I don't want to say anymore, get to it! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
8,192 reviews93 followers
December 31, 2019
This is the 5th book I've read written by Ceri Grenelle; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Profile Image for Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri.
1,056 reviews8 followers
December 8, 2019
Broke my heart and put it back together again! Debra @ Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Sometimes life throws you curve balls and you have to learn how to catch them and throw them back. Distract Me has all the emotions you can possibly experience in one book and still get to the end and go wow. Ceri Grenelle is a talented author that brought you a love story frought with potholes, sharp curves, regret, forgiveness, hate and throughout the whole story love is the biggest emotion in it. Love is the reason you can get through it.

This story shows you that not everything is simple or easily understood nor explained in just an apology. You may want to have a pillow to hang on to or hit while reading and definitely have some tissues on hand.

Unbelievably heartwrenching tale and characters that are unforgettable.

Although it is part of a series, it is a standalone book. I didn��t enjoy it any less or feel like I was missing something from not having read any of the previous books.
197 reviews1 follower
December 12, 2019
This instant attraction love story is actually really distracting. I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to do and read this book instead. We find some familiar characters here and I enjoy meeting them again.

The creative couple are both lovable, serious, hard working artists. It's just their personal life that are twisted and broken. Neither one of them need or have time for a relationship and still they somehow manage to fall head over heels for each other.

They have a connection but cannot seem to tell each other the important stuff, and it makes the situation so much harder. Thank god they have friends that can help them get on the right track. It's kind of stupid the way lack of honesty and communication can ruin something good. And it's kind of awsome that someone has compassion and forgiveness when it's most needed.

I really enjoyed this book and don't think you will be dissapointed.
Profile Image for 2OCC Reviews.
3,428 reviews238 followers
December 11, 2019
I really like Meera. She knew why she wanted and didn’t make any apologies for that. I also liked how she was with Nick. He bright out this fun side of her and she did the same for him and with everything they have to deal with they both needed that. I’m not saying they weren’t without their drama because hello, this whole story was pretty much based around the drama they encounter but I love that by the end they have worked through it and ended up with a HEA.

An issue I had with this book was the dirty talk. It was weird at times. I can’t really go into detail but it just drew me out of those scenes. All the other scenes were great though. I’m glad that these scenes weren’t the main focal point of the overall story.

Overall it was pretty predictable but still an enjoyable read that kept me into the story. I haven’t read any other books by this author or in this series but I plan to go back and read some others. I liked the secondary characters. 4 stars #2OCCJD
Profile Image for Elsie Pitt.
1,716 reviews8 followers
December 15, 2019
This one is for the reread shelf! Nick and Meeras story. I wasn't too keen on reading a story about a guy who was bi and had a kid but I have to be honest I was hooked when I read this story. It intrigued me because Nick seemed like he was searching for something that he hadn't been able to find with ANYONE. Enter Meera she was witty and charming with just enough sass to get to Nick to come around and have me believing that this was a real relationship. Meera makes me want to believe in her and the fact that she has a career and raising a child that isn't even hers makes me like her even more. This felt like a standalone for me and honestly I got a peek at some characters I want to find more about. This was a good read.

Profile Image for Julia Red Hatter Book Blog.
644 reviews32 followers
December 10, 2019
Sweet, adorable, achingly hot, and oh so sexy. Distract Me is the perfect distraction from a long day! We get to see so many other couples we met and fell in love with and we also get to see Nick find his one.

Meera will surprise you. She's got so much fire in her but she's also pretty vulnerable. She's an amazing mom to her daughter, Nissa, and even though some huge drama comes up she never falters in her protectiveness and love for Nissa. Nick has been changing over the last few years, while he's happy to hook up he's looking for more as well. Nick has some big struggles to get through, but has an amazing family and Meera to support him. Meera and Nick are so perfect for each other. Add in Nissa and its such a beautiful family.
Profile Image for Debbie Orazi.
1,342 reviews16 followers
December 12, 2019
Of you enjoy reading high drama, angst filled romances with an emo male lead character this book is for you.

Meera Das is a fashion designer, running her own business and raising a precocious little girl. Nick Rodriguez is an artist, bisexual manwhore who is searching for his child. They meet at a wedding and hookup at the reception. They agree to have a sex only relationship, but find they need more from each other. Nick finally tells his family about his child and they help him find her. Meera's world is rocked by her daughter's biological mother coming back into the picture. The three adults agree to raise the child together and Nick and Meera get their HEA.

Profile Image for Samantha Molina.
210 reviews6 followers
November 25, 2019
I am such a sucker for a good heartfelt love story filled with angst, suspense and sexiness. And that is exactly what Ceri Grenelle delivers in Distract Me.

Nick is a stubborn, lovable guys with a heart of gold who is trying to find himself, while searching for his missing link.

Meera is a single mom, trying to navigate her life between being a mom and a business owner when Nick storms into her life as the perfect distraction in the mist of chaos.

& we must not forget my absolute character Nissa. The little 4 year old who is filled with sass and the soul of an 50 year old feminist, that completely steals the show.
1,297 reviews5 followers
December 12, 2019
Distract Me by Ceri Grenelle. I thought this book was good. I appreciated the artist passion Nick’s character displayed while living his life. He came across as a very sensual and genuine individual. Nissa is a keeper for sure and Meera while battling her own demons was a blessed soul with many talents. A good contemporary romance with strong yet damaged characters that have plenty of passion to share. This is a new author for me, and I enjoyed reading this story. Good storyline, plenty of drama, and of course a much deserved HEA. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
971 reviews4 followers
December 15, 2019
Meera has been taking care of her former best friends daughter for the past few years. She is independent, loving and hard working.
Nick is an artist that has living life on the surface. He has not had a serious relationship and has been spending his spare time trying to find his daughter.
When they meet both are attracted to each other and see that there is a potential for a real relationship.
Problem is that the girl Meera is raising is Nicks daughter. Talk about some angst, hard decisions and actions.
This book was original and showed great character development. Loved this little girl and the perfect ending.
1,302 reviews1 follower
December 17, 2019
Nick is the youngest Rodriguez brother. The one everyone thinks as a man whore who will never settle down. Meera is a fashion designer. Daughter of one of the greatest designers in the world. She is a single mother to her best friend's daughter. When Meera meets Nick at a wedding she is in list at first sight. When Nick realizes that they share more than just their mutual attraction.

Great characters and I love the tie ins to rest of the series. The story line is good but gets a little overly wordy and drawn out.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookfunnel and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Lisa.
1,379 reviews16 followers
December 23, 2019
Wow. First, I am not a fan of the man bun. I did not think I was going to like Nick, much less fall in love with him. I did not think I was going to like this book and boy was I wrong. The depth of character and backstory is phenomenal. I love Meera. She is brave, strong, fierce and forward facing when it comes to Nissa and then Nick, but she is not so forthcoming when it comes to her livelihood, her work passion. I love the family and friends and their dynamic. I love the interaction between the characters, dialogue and internal fantasy. The chemistry is off the charts. Excellent use of my day.

Profile Image for Lauren.
2,370 reviews11 followers
December 11, 2019
Otay y'all this is part of series but I read it as a stand alone. This book started really slow for me and it took me a minute to get into it. I loved Meera and even more so after learning all about her. I didn't care for Nivk at first but he definitely grew on me. This book had lots of drama but it wasn't horrible... them working through the drama was the big part of the story for me. I will agree with some others the adult time scenes kinda threw me off but thankfully they weren't a huge part of the story. It was good story and I would read another by this author.
Profile Image for Judy Johnson.
718 reviews2 followers
December 12, 2019
This was the first time I've read a book by this author and I was totally impressed. Although it might have been helpful to have read the books that came before this, not only is it not necessary, but this will likely make you want to go back and read the others for the background! The story is not only well written, but it is also sweet, heartwrenching and steamy all in one! A pageturner that I recommend without hesitation! I'll be reading more of this author! I requested and received an ARC of this book from BookFunnel and am providing my honest review/opinion.
Profile Image for Rubi.
448 reviews9 followers
December 12, 2019
I can’t believe Ceri wrote this book.
Nick is so hot and surprise baby / single parents are my jam!
I loved Nick’s relationship with Nissa. So cute and swoony.
Roma and Dom were my favorite characters with their banter and tough love friendship with Nick. I want more of them. 😂
I was so happy to see some of my favorite characters from Stupid Awesome Love books in the past. How they’re doing after all this time 😂.
All the steamy scenes are amazing and you’ll be needing a cold shower. I will always recommend Ceri Grenelle books and this one is no exception.
102 reviews
December 12, 2019
This is the first book that I have read by Ceri Grenelle. It will not be the last. I was easily drawn to the characters and their somewhat complicated lives. Did I want shake some sense into Nick and Meera and tell them to just open up to each other? Yes! But, that is exactly the reason why this is an entertaining, sexy, lovable, and heartfelt book. Without a doubt, I recommend reading Distract Me.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 46 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.