Start by marking “The Bishop: A Tanglewood Novella” as Want to Read:
The Bishop: A Tanglewood Novella

The Bishop: A Tanglewood Novella

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Skye Warren comes the next installment in her Tanglewood series.

A million dollar chess piece goes missing hours before the auction.

He isn't
Published January 14th 2020 by 1001 Dark Nights Press

To ask other readers questions about The Bishop, please sign up.
Alexandra If you enjoyed The Bishop , then you have to read the Endgame Trilogy starting with The Pawn.... where you first meet Gabriel and Avery. Follow that…moreIf you enjoyed The Bishop , then you have to read the Endgame Trilogy starting with The Pawn.... where you first meet Gabriel and Avery. Follow that up with The Masterpiece Duet.(less)

Start your review of The Bishop: A Tanglewood Novella
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! I have loved Skye Warren's books for a LONG time. My love of her writing started with her dark stories and honestly led to encompass her later works. But her stories set in Tanglewood have my complete heart. Gabriel and Avery, Damon and Penny: The true originators of her Tanglewood stories, in my opinion, are nothing short of magnificent. For that reason I was SO excited for The Bishop as I needed to return to that world and those familiar characters. And the result? Pure Perfection. I am ...more
Dar
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
"Trauma doesn’t always break the skin, but it always leaves a scar."
Anders has been an enigmatic character in previous books set in this world. Is he good? Is he bad? What is his story? Well, we finally get his story, and he is everything we could have thought he was, and more. More for Natalie that is

"Anders isn’t an ordinary doctor. He’s my captor and my savior."
Natalie, at first glance, seems together, but she is just as scarred on the inside as Anders. Both have their secrets, and when they
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
For readers familiar with Tanglewood, The Bishop will read like a deliciously dangerous little bonus to the wholly addictive series. For readers unfamiliar with this particular Skye Warren storyline, this short standalone will act as an intriguing introduction to the dark and sinful world of money, violence and a strategically sensual game of lust and debauchery. The Bishop follows the good doctor and a mysterious woman who holds all the answers he seeks. It's a fast paced, refreshingly ...more
Skye Warren
Jan 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
THE BISHOP IS LIVE

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2FmnL08
Paperback: https://amzn.to/2QHJN2V
International: http://bit.ly/2QPdC2C

A million dollar chess piece goes missing hours before the auction...

READ AN EXCERPT OF THE BISHOP:

He takes his time rinsing the conditioner, letting the spray beat down on my shoulders, my
Jypsy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Inkslinger and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Bishop
A Tanglewood Novella
By: Skye Warren

*REVIEW*
If you are wanting a quick read with action and romance, The Bishop might be a good choice for you. Anders, a previous Tanglewood character, is a doctor with tons of inherited money. He uses his skills to help those who can't afford the hospital, etc. Anders is auctioning off a million dollar chess piece, but on
Kari Hansen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anders is a doctor who is friends with both Damon and Gabriel. He has decided to have Damon auction off a family heirloom, but it is for the answers it will bring rather than the financial wealth. Natalie has a mission to complete that puts her on the opposite side from Anders not because she wants to but because it is a matter of necessity.

When Anders ends up coming to Natalie’s rescue he isn’t about to let her go as he wants the heirloom and the truth but the more time they spend together the
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With each book by Skye Warren that I read, the more I fall in love with her way with words. I have been a Skye fan for some time now and as time goes by, I feel her books just keep getting better, if that's even possible. The woman is a master at her craft and her way with words will have you so deeply lost within the chapters of her book and The Bishop was no exception.

If you are familiar with Tanglewood series then you will have heard of Anders, well that is his story, and what a story it is!
Kelly
Shelves: 6-stars, loved-it
The Bishop is such a great story in true Skye Warren fashion!
Anders is a doctor, trained to help and heal people, but he uses his talents to aid people who might not otherwise have a chance.
He meets Natalie at an auction where he has placed his rare and precious 900 year old Bishop chess piece up for auction.
Skye Warren writes beautiful stories, with complicated characters. She develops those characters painstakingly and with such detail that the reader believes they know them personally.
The
Babel
This is so beautiful!

A chilling prologue sets a bleak and poetic tone for this beautifully melancholic story where art and mystery mingle to bind the couple.
Piece by piece, the characters emerge to ensnare the reader's avid need for a connection. The seller of a chess piece and the mysterious woman couldn’t appear more riveting than with that first laden conversation.

This author excels at crafting tragic circumstances for the hero and heroine, and in this case it is a stolen chess bishop that
Jessica Alcazar
I love this world!! And if I’m being honest, I really love Skye! Her word wizardry is unrivaled and ever growing. Her stories are not always for me but I dive into them anyway because reading her work excites me. It is always passionate and edgy and fluid.

The Bishop is one of those stories that I just didn’t want to end. It wasn’t because of the storyline, but because of Anders and Natalie. I just wanted more. There is so much passion between them I wanted a full length book. Seriously, it
Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE BISHOP by Skye Warren gives us the story of Anders and Natalie. But in addition to that we get to meet up with Damon and Penny from the 'Masterpiece Duet' along with Gabriel and Avery from the 'Endgame' series. With that said this is totally a standalone book but just wanted to you to know about the previous characters if like me you like to catch up with them. Anders is a Dr who is selling a family heirloom at a auction but then the Bishop is stolen. This leads him to Natalie who was the ...more
Alexandra
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I know that this world Skye Warren has created is vast and deadly. And that's why her characters are so irresistible. I knew that Anders had to have his story and the way the plot progressed was balanced for a novella size. With cameo appearances and a mystery behind the stolen chess piece, this book will make long-time readers love it and new ones discover the amazing characters.
Isha Coleman
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A cold heart. A clever soul. A romance that's shrouded in mystery. Never one for subtlety, Skye Warren proceeds full throttle with Natalie and Anders. The Bishop is an addictive glance at love from all angles. What should be simple proceeds to become a mass of contradictions. Warren's characters seep into your blood before you even realize it and captivate your soul. A smartly written, dangerously seductive, heartaching tangle of emotion.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love these Tanglewood stories!!

I am so happy Anders got a book. This was a really raw read. Packed with big feelings, plot twists and suspense. Natalie is such a strong female character I girl crushed her hard. Loved catching up with all the other characters too. Made for a really rich read.

I received an arc of this book
Karen
The Bishop - A Tanglewood Novella - Skye Warren

After I read a Skye Warren story I need some time to come down. I need to think about what I read, who was in the story. Did the light win in this story? Did it beat the darkness that surrounds parts of Tanglewood?

Anders Sorenson has appeared in several other books and I don’t think anyone really knew how deep his character was. How dark he could become, how darkness had followed him for such a long time. Until now in The Bishop, this is his story.
Joy Westerfield
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
True and utter perfection!

Incredible! I love this series and hoped Anders would get his own story! And what a story it is! Anders is a doctor and helps those less unfortunate but also has a dark side. He wants revenge from something that happened to his family. So he sets out a trap and that is when he meets Natalie. A young woman needing to take care of something that could get her killed. When Anders inadvertently helps her, you just know that she had to be the one to melt his icy heart. These
April Symes
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE BISHOP by Skye Warren is Anders and Natalie's story in the Tanglewood series. This is a novella but comes across as much more. The prologue sets up the stage to Anders and Natalie's dark and angsty romance. It's full of romance, secrets, intrigue, passion, dramatic and sensual tales. There is danger and desire that vie for top level of feels which all leads to finding out what happens to the Bishop and can Anders and Natalie get their HEA ? Get ready for a phenomenal and exciting story!!!!

My
Lisa Roberts
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was incredible I loved Anders I'm so glad he got his story as we follow his icy heart on his journey of revenge and redemption for his family when Natalie a strong fierce woman enters his world. The chemistry these two have is all the things and just jump off the pages.
Filled with deceipt, lies, heartache I could not put this down the writing is amazing and so perfect I loved it oh and seeing all the previous characters was a huge bonus that is so exciting revisiting Tanglewood.
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Going back to Tanglewood it’s always a pleasure, and Anders’ story is one to devour and it will definitely leave you wanting for more.
Joyffree
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-trb
checkmate

This was such a sweet romance
The cast is from the Tanglewood series but this can easily be read as a standalone and you won't be lost. You may want to read the series though. A great cast that is easy to connect with.

Anders has always been a bit broody (?) now we know why.
He followed in his parents' footsteps and took up medicine. Taking care of those who are unable to seek proper help.
His life is on course to accomplish his greatest desire ( I can't tell you!). His goals are within
Renee
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

A million dollar chess piece goes missing hours before the auction. Anders Sorenson will do anything to get it back. His family name and fortune rests on finding two inches of medieval ivory. Instead he finds an injured woman with terrible secrets. He isn't letting her go until she helps him find the piece. But there's more at stake in this strategic game of lust and danger. When she confesses
ReadingInPyjamas
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The body and the heart can clamor all they want, but it’s the mind that makes the decision to hope."

Another enthralling story from Skye Warren. Even though it's a short one, The Bishop kept me glued to the pages until the end and it was great to be back in the Tanglewood world.

I wad delighted to read Anders Sorenson's story. The good doctor managed to captivate my attention. His calm and composed demeanor was intriguing. But underneath the cold facade, he always puts up, there's a raging fire
Mile High KINK
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Thief and Her Lover

+= Hot slippery soap!! I LOVED The Bishop. If you have been looking for an excuse to tap into the left over Presecco to enjoy with your next read - this is your story.

Anders is sooo smexy and delicious. Natalie is strong and resilient. When he focus his attention on her, she can NOT resist.

The Bishop reveals how people’s past, trauma and desires cause them to behave in the strangest ways. It’s about abuse, manipulation and courage. Despite Natalie relationship with her
Jennifer  Tyronney
The Bishop

The Bishop is set in the Tanglewood world and follows Anders on his quest for revenge and redemption. His plans, however, are thwarted by the beautiful and broken Nathalie.

Anders is dark and brooding and oh so inherently good. Nathalie is desperate and scared and in need of a saviour. The two must navigate a whole ocean of regrets and shady pasts before they can move forward.

Some of our most loved characters make appearances, which is always a real treat and to hear their point of
Roxs Reads
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always love Skye Warren’s heroes and Anders held a soft spot for me. They are all eventually brought to their knees by the women who love them and watching them fall is such fun. He has been in most, if not all, of the books in The Endgame Series, but he quietly snuck in and out to do his part as the “on-call” doctor to the underground world of Tanglewood.

In The Bishop, we learn more about him. What drives him? Where he comes from? We learn that he is a man with feelings and emotions; a man
Carrie Youngcourt
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had always wondered if Skye was going to give Anders his own book. Well now she did and it was so good the only thing I didn't like was I felt like it was rushed a little towards the end. I would have liked to seen a face off against the villain a little more.

Anders is selling off his famous pawn but before he can be auctioned off it get's stolen. Anders know's who it was and sets off to go find that person and get his pawn back. When he tracks them down he is shocked at what he finds.

Can
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Dr. Anders Sorenson does not need to work. He has money he inherited. He also loves a simple uncomplicated life. This is why he rents a room at The Den. Stoic living was made for him.

He donates his skills and time to healing those who cannot afford a doctor or for that matter, they also cannot afford to go to a hospital where a record of their injuries will be kept. Illegal immigrants, hoodlums, and more seek his help at all times of the day.

Anders' only driving force is to find the man who hurt
Pamela
Anders is a doctor and selling a bishop piece family heirloom at an auction. He meets Natalie there and she is injured so he takes her home to care for her. Anders is determined to find out where Natalie put the bishop. Natalie has a dark mysterious past. Will the two end up in love or fighting for their lives? A short read with a good plot line and an interesting read.
Shelley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pawn or a Bishop?

The town of Tanglewood always leaves me wanting more We see some familiar characters in this story and some new ones

A twisted tale of a man who is on a path for vengeance but he unexpectedly meets someone who steers him off that path slightly. Anders and Natalie are complete opposites but uniquely similar. A good story that I enjoyed sinking my teeth into
michelle Shelly
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh Andres

If you haven’t been to Tanglewood before you’ll get your first taste of what is an exceptional series. If you visited it then you know what a wonderful place it is. And finally get Anders story. So glad we got more of him in this exciting little read.

The Bishop is everything I’d hoped it would be. I absolutely love Anders and his softer side. This read is exciting, sexy and I loved every single word of it. The author did a fantastic job telling us Anders and Natalie’s story.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Play Me
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Blood: A Diamond Doms Novel
  • Far Reaching Consequences (Crescent City Kings #2)
  • Dirty Professor
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Siren
  • Venus Wedding: an MFM romance (Venus Rising Quartet Book 5)
  • Nashvegas Nights (Dirty South, #2)
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • Moonlight Scandals (de Vincent, #3)
  • Longing to Hold (Hard to Love #0.5)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)