Start by marking “Sweet Melody (Seabrook)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Melody (Seabrook)

Sweet Melody (Seabrook)

When a struggling bakery owner is rescued by a wannabe songwriter with hidden culinary talents, they discover they can make sweet harmony … if they can only learn to work together.

Rhett Foster longs to change the world with his music, yet he can’t even finish writing one song. Battered by a string of failures and disillusioned, he returns home to Portland, Oregon. While
Published August 6th 2019 by Snug Corner Cove Press

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Melody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Melody

Jypsy
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Prism and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

Sweet Melody
By: Heidi McCahan

*REVIEW* ☕☕☕☕
Lately, I just like stories about bakeries and coffee. Sweet Melody is indeed a story about a bakery owned by Lindsay, a young woman with a tragic past. She witnessed the death of her parents dream restaurant, and not long after, they died in a car accident. Now, here she is in a small coastal town in Washington, working to keep her bakery open and pursuing her bi
MJSH
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
“It’s everything I never knew I wanted.”

Another sweet and heart-searching book by Heidi McCahan. The author’s writing style, as always, is easy to read and the plot is well-paced and easy to follow. The main characters Rhett and Lindsay are both emotionally broken people but so lovable. Rhett, broken by the world’s and his father’s rejection of his music, becomes unwittingly involved in his step-brother and father’s scheme to expand the family’s restaurant business into a small resort town of Se
Phyllis
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A tasty treat

Sweet Melody is delightful and filled with romance.

Lindsay was still reeling from the destruction of her parents' dream closely followed by their death. Feeling compelled to have her bakery succeed to preserve their legacy, she did all that she could. One problem after another seemed to impede her progress.

Rhett felt rejection from his father ever since his mother died when he was a young boy. He never felt he was good enough and did feel like he was constantly being compared unfavo
Suzie Waltner
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok, let’s just get this out of the way. If you want to make me a happy reader, then include a couple mentions of my hockey team in your book. Thank you, Heidi McCahan for giving Rhett some Nashville Predators pride.

And while that, ahem sweetened, the story for me, it was just a fun little fact to come across. The heart of Sweet Melody lies in Lindsay’s and Rhett’s challenges and persistence to realize their dreams.

The charming Washington coastal town of Seabrook will have you planning your next
Ruth Hill
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, this is a sweet romance novel that I would consider faith-based. The Christian faith is woven into the framework of the entire story, and I couldn't be happier for that. There is not ANYTHING that is inappropriate, so read this and enjoy.

Secondly, this takes place in Washington State! That's my home state and where I currently live. Mentioning a
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I love when I can relax and enjoy a book that makes me feel good to read it. This one fit that to a "T".

This is a sweet romance about two people who are trying desperately to make their chosen careers work. They both have issues from their pasts that they are hanging on to and need to let go before they can heal and fully move on with their lives.

My heart went out to Rhett. He was dealing with a ton of disappointment and hurt. Nashville left him empty instead of giving him a boost to his music
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed reading this book. It was such a comfortable and easy read.
Right away I admired the strong spirit and determination of the Lindsay. Despite all she had been through I loved reading about how she was determined to make her dreams of her bakery come through. I loved reading about how hardworking she was. One admirable virtue of hers that strucked me was the way she avoided speaking harshly to people that hurt her. She avoided verbal confrontations when she was sure she wou
Nicole
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m relatively new to Heidi McCahan and her novels, but after reading Sweet Melody I think I need to go on a reading binge! Sweet Melody is an excellent contemporary romance that I enjoyed from start to end. It reminded me of the very best Hallmark films — the ones where the storyline is highly engaging, the chemistry between the hero and heroine is fierce and palpable from their first meeting, the kisses are sweet and swoon-worthy, and the ending is so satisfying you just can’t help but sigh. S ...more
Lori
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet book that will make you drool throughout with a coastal backdrop as the setting.
As I was reading this book, I felt that the author was talking directly to me for I felt just like Rhett did. It all came slamming back to me.
I felt like Rhett trying to please his dad all his life. But no matter what he did it was never enough.
Readers this was what I went through my whole entire life with my dad. But nothing I did wasn't enough.
Years later after mom passed away, I found out it was because I
C.E. Hart
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had so much fun reading this sweet story! Though Sweet Melody is light and fun, it still carries plenty of substance.

For whatever reason, I enjoy reading stories that involve bakeries. I also love coastal settings. Well, this story fills both those slots! Seabrook is a breathtaking backdrop and I feel as if I’ve been there. Lyndsay is so easy to sympathize with and Rhett is a wonderful character as well. The story has just enough tension, and a satisfying conclusion.

I enjoy so many genres, an
Marylin
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“We carry big dreams in our hearts for a reason. Sometimes we’re tempted to give up and try to wrestle the circumstances into submission, especially when it looks or feels like things aren’t headed in the right direction, but we each have our unique gifts. I believe we’re supposed to use them for a purpose. That’s the way God created us.”

WOW, what a fantastic quote to have in this book! The sweet thing is, there are many more great quotes throughout this book!

This was wise counsel given to Linds
Andrea
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this book description right off the bat because it combines two of my favorite storylines - a bakery and a musician. I don't know why, but I love the stories that take place in bakeries or some kind of food place, because they make me feel all warm and cozy inside. And musicians, well, I've been dating them and hanging out with them since I was in high school. So that part is a given. And I'm not sure that I have ever seen this combination before.

I immediately fell in love with bo
Harlie Williams
I’m just going to say it. I loved this book from the start. From the setting to the characters, to the plot and especially how I felt after reading it. Peeps this is a sweet contemporary romance with inspirational undertones to it. Does Ms. McCahan beat you over the head? No, it is subtle and so worth it in the end. I found that while reading the book, my heart opened and made me take stock in certain parts of my own life.

Rhett and Lindsay are a perfect couple. Are they perfect? No, but learning
Amy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet love story this was. Lindsay is trying to stay afloat with her bakery and to expand into a food truck. She is having a lot of troubles keeping her dream alive and the dream of her parents. I felt for Lindsay as she takes her business very seriously, the negative reviews broke her heart and I like that she had enough spunk to pull herself together and try to fix the problems.

Rhett is moving back to Oregon after his heart is broken and his song writing career didn't take off in Nashvi
Randi Sampson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for your next sweet romance... nothing could be sweeter than Sweet Melody, pun fully intended. Oh what a cute romance story this was.

In many ways, the story is quite familiar for those like me who watch a ton of Hallmark-style romances. Boy meets girl. Girl struggles to make her small business work. Boy works for the company trying to bring said business down. Girl falls for boy and then learns the truth of who he really is.. well, you get the idea! Like I said, in many ways it
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Sweet Melody describes this book so well. Singer/songwriter Rhett Foster didn’t really want to make coffee for a living but since it was the only part time job he could fine, he had no choice. And Rhett was just the person Lindsay needed. And he was good eye candy to boot.

This was my first book by author Heidi McCahan, and I really enjoyed this story. The blend of characters throughout the story developed very well as they told their story. Of course there are always som
Cathy Cermele
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
As soon as I read the book description, I was kind of in love with the premise, my husband is a musician/songwriter and I'm all about bakeries. I have to confess that it's been many years since I baked anything from scratch but I have so much respect for those who do.

So let me share my thoughts on this book. It is purely delightful and so very sweet. The author is a new to me author and I loved her writing style and her characters are likeable which made reading this novel a pleasant weekend rea
Brittany
I really enjoyed this romantic story! Now, this is one of those situations where sometimes I wanted to talk some sense into the hero, Rhett Foster. He could have saved a lot of heartache between himself and Lindsay Carmichael if he had spoken up about who his family was earlier in the book. However, the fact that he didn’t, led to some great conflict and confrontation eventually.

I really did love the way the attraction and romance brewed between these main characters (pun intended, as the hero w
Janice Sisemore
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Sweet Melody

Lindsay owns a shop that sweets and coffee. The book starts out with her barista gets hurt on her first day. So now she can only serve regular coffee, nothing fancy. She will have to find someone else.

Rhett comes back to town where his dad lives. He happens to be a barista and a singer. There is a lot of conflict with his dad.

This is such a cute story. I love watching fancy coffee being made when they show it on TV. Lindsay was determined to make her business work. The characters
Amy
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet Melody is an enjoyable read. I loved Lindsay right from the start and admired her strength, bravery and determination. Rhett was, also, a character I enjoyed. The two had been through so much through their life. It was great to see how they learned to forgive and having second chances. Such a beautiful romance with a beautiful setting.

I am giving Sweet Melody four and a half stars. I recommend it for readers who enjoy a sweet, clean and light romance with inspiration and faith.

I received
Marta Aldrighetti
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay lives in Seabrook and owns a backery shop, she struggles about failure, hard work to realize her dream.
Also Rethtt wants realize his dream: write and sing country music, but his family isn't happy to that.
A quote was on the wall behind dad's desk "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great".
nice book, sweet, with good topics.
Cathleen
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found Sweet Melody to be such a heartwarming read. The chemistry between Rhett and Lindsay was so charming and vibrant throughout the entire book. I also enjoyed the overall theme of resilience in the face of deep personal struggle.
Both Rhett and Lindsay endured crushing loss and immense obstacles, yet the overall theme of God having your back through joys and sorrows rang clear from beginning to end. The pace of the novel was also steady, it kept me turning the pages until the conclusion.
Deena
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the cover, loved the contents! Loved the premise, loved the characters! Pretty much loved everything about this book...

Except...I'm tired of the "secret kept and the truth comes out and ruins everything" scenario. Heidi McCahan handles the twist expertly, but I'm weary of men (and women) who fall in love but hold very important pieces of themselves back.
Christina  G.
Sep 04, 2019
Jen
Karen Rose
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2019
Kaitlyn Reed
Kim
Lovebooks
Aug 17, 2019
Heidi secretly dreamed of writing a book for most of her childhood, but a particularly painful rejection letter in middle school convinced her to tuck that dream away. Instead, she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine from Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington and a Master’s Degree in Athletic Training from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. After a brief career as a Certif ...more