Start by marking “Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special #3)” as Want to Read:
Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special #3)

Here Comes Trouble

(Nothing Special #3)

Listening Length: 8 hours and 30 minutes.

Detectives Mark Ruxsberg and Chris Green are very good at their jobs. Being the enforcers for God and Day's notorious Atlanta PD Narcotics Task Force causes the crazy duo to get into more trouble than they can often get out of. The pair never misses out on an opportunity to drive their Lieutenants crazy with their dangerous, reckle
Audible Audio, 9 pages
Published July 2nd 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published November 24th 2014)

Wendy
I have re-read this book multiple times now and I still enjoy reading it. This is reason enough for me to change my rating from 4 to 5 stars. I really got addicted to A.E. Via's books :) I also changed my mind about Gen...I would like to read his book....right now would be good :P

Original Review
I really liked this one. This book was was HOT as shit !!!

So our two heroes are both big strong, badass alpha cops, and they are both members of God and Day's team (book 1). They have been partners and
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3.5 SALACIOUSLY SINFUL, FLUFFTASTIC stars

(4+ for the sex; 3 for the plot; 2 for writing quality)

Chris Green and Mark Ruxsberg have been partners for ages. Green is bi; Ruxs is bicurious and definitely hawt for his partner. When they hit the sheets, they tear the bed to shreds. I'm amazed the frame survived the assault.

I loved the tension and slow burn at the beginning, because once the guys got together (and it didn't take long), it was all Kiss Me and Fuck Me and Love Me galore.

And the lovin'
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

This is another one of those cases where I really need 3.5 stars. It really wasn't quite good enough for me to fill 4 stars but I also don't think it warrants only 3. But I am rounding down for lack of plot and an overabundance of typos.

There is no doubt the sex in this book was off-the-charts hot!

Sadly, after the 50% mark that's about all that happened in the book.

The first half was Rexs and Green in complete denial.

They couldn't have been more obviously in to each other if it hit t
Deborah
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 4th December - 6th December 2018

4* My favourite so far.

I must admit that despite its faults I find I'm addicted to this series, I just can't get enough of these guys and their almost completely gay task force.

As with the previous books it's totally OTT and once the sex starts there's a lot of it but I can't get enough.

Ruxs and Green are partners and the enforcers for God and Day's Narcotics Task Force. They've been friends for forever but lately things are changing, Green realises his fe
Lyn
3.75 stars!

Okay, I did it. I read another A.E. Via book and didn’t give up on it. I was being to believe this author was going to be a one hit wonder, since the only book I read and loved was Defined by Deceit. But I had one friend recommend and offer to buddy read Here Comes Trouble and other friend backing up the recommendation, going so far to say that I could unfriend her if I ended up not enjoying it.

Turns out this friends to lovers’ story was not a miss, and it was just what I needed aft
Jenni Lea

It doesn't bode well for this story when I see a typo in the blurb.

***************************************************

From winking alpha holes to love deposits, this book sure kept me entertained.

Still needs an editor but at least they didn't travel by Tardis like in the previous book.

Question: how old is Curtis really? I know in the book it said he was seventeen but most of the time he acted, and was treated, like he was ten. It had me scratching my head.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This one is my favorite in the series so far! No weird names (except for the previous characters), no big-budget-movie-over-the-top-testosterone-fueled action (well, mostly)....just a book that mostly centers on two guys finally admitting their feelings for each other and embarking on a relationship.

Overall, this series has been a little too much for me, with the characters being a bit too over the top for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Alpha men, but these guys ar
Makhda
What I liked :
- The action scene.
- Slow burn best friends to lovers plot. Hell yeah!
- I did not expect to be that sappy. But I really liked it!
- I want more of Curtis and Gen's storyyy!
- Thank goodness there's no hinting about foursome in here like the previous one. I'm sorry. I'm still picky with menage.

What I disliked :
- Umm.. Maybe too much sex for me. But I bet it's not for everyone else. *shrug*
Debra
Another fun read from A.E. Via full of hot alpha males and hot growly alpha sex. This one was more focused on the relationship than on the action, and we didn't have much focus on the other men, although they were there throughout the story (I did miss seeing God, Day, Ro and Johnson interacting however).

This one was a bit fluffier than the others, but I did love the relationship between Ruxs and Green. Curtis, the teenager briefly introduced when God busted him in Nothing Special, is back and p
Bitchie
From zero to "My Two Dads" in under five seconds!

The cop its took a backseat to the family drama in this one. Considering the outlandish nature of the police business in this series, that should have been a good thing, but that's not the case, because the family bits ended up being even more outlandish than the cop parts ever were.

This is the story of Green and Ruxs, two of God and Day's detectives. They've been partners for years, when they both start to feel more for each other. All those bits
Susan
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
The good things about this book:

- It is a best friends to lovers story
- The guys are badass cops
- Lots of sweetness
- Very low on the angst
- Some hilarious scenes (the blowjob in the car scene)
- There is a very nice setup with 17 year old Curtis for one of the next books. I so want to read that one!
description

Things I liked less:

- The badass parts were very over the top. It was too much.
description

- I am still not a big fan of God and Day (their superiors on the force)
- It was a bit too long to hold my interest the en
Viv
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Another re-read in anticipation of book 5. Still no sighting of IT guy!

I loved this one. Ruxs and Green are hot and I loved how they come together. Their caring of Curtis is also so sweet. Now I have one more book until I can get to book 5 that is waiting for me on my Kindle. It's not a hardship though, because Don't Judge is my favorite of the Nothing Special series.
Chris
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series continues to entertain me and I'm really enjoying the friendship and camaraderie between these guys. Ruxs & Green are the enforcers on the squad who have been partners for a while. They are best friends and loyal to the extreme.... over time they both develop stronger feelings for each other and on one drunken night they act on it. Despite dramas and pain, these two continue to grow their relationship and become fathers. Can't wait to see what's next in this precinct !
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*, review to follow.
BWT (Belen)
I loved it! This had humor, action, sexiness, low angst, and I got to catch up with God and Day and the rest of the team. Unexpectedly though, it was so FLUFFY!

fluffy

You know, in the best possible way.

It's no secret how much I love this series. I think this book might actually compete with my love of Nothing Special.

I absolutely loved Chris Green. From the first to the last chapter he never let me down. He was awesome, and Mark Ruxsberg was a delight to read about as well. They complement each other s
Tina
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ruxs and Green… yes, I love those guys, they are just wonderful together.

What I liked the most was how they cared for Curtis… and how the whole gang cared for him.

Do you like GFY? Do you like reading about hot alpha males combating crime and going from long-term friendship to hot sex and finally love? Then Here Comes Trouble is the right book for you.

Overall, Here Comes Trouble was a great read, full of surprises and lovable characters. Can’t wait for Curtis and Gen’s book, or maybe Michael’s
Mimi
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Chris Green and Mark Ruxs are this books featured sex APD Narcotics officers. This installment was a little more serious than the previous two but Day saved the day when need be.

Just one quick question: Will Curtis and Genesis have a novella? I would love that!!
Marsha
Rugged beefcake return in Ms. Via’s ongoing story about the various men in the police force. While this is m/m erotica at its most heated, I had to roll my eyes about the constant guy-on-guy love. While there are heterosexual men in this little enclave, you have to take them on faith, since we rarely get a peek into the lives and loves of anybody except gay men. In fact, this Atlanta P.D. precinct is so rife with homosexuality, it comes off as being like a gay Schindler’s-list-type sanctuary. Re ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

Again with the hot growly alphas! Whoa, doggy! This book was even better than the last, and dare I say, it had as much intensity as Nothing Special with God and Day. This can also be read as a stand alone, but you will be get much more enjoyment out of it by knowing the stories of the other characters.

Rux and Green are a force of nature, the enforcers of God and Day’s task force team. They’ve become best friends, spending almost all of their time together. Af
Amy
I liked the storyline, but I had several issues that will prevent me from ever purchasing anything by this author again.

My issues:

1) I almost DNF'd at the beginning when Green called Curtis his "sweet boy". Barf. Green is certainly not 90 and Curtis is definitely not 2.

2) I almost DNF'd again nearer the end when Genesis called Curtis "my pretty", "bad boy", and "my pretty little bad boy". It makes Genesis sound like a 90 year old pedophile. I really really sincerely hope that the author will NO
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
I feel like giving this book another chance. Since I own the entire series (but haven't cracked them open yet), I decided to re-read THIS one and see if I feel differently. In light of my intent to embark on a journey into this entire series [not right now, but soon!!], I feel like this book deserves a clean slate and a second chance. I am REALLY hoping I like it MUCH more this second time around :-)! Who knows, mindsets and opinions change :-) ...

Another IMPORTANT reason I decided to give this
Santy
All my issues are in my reading updates.

No doubt this was another hot one but I really couldn't get over how Curtis was written and some other stuff that niggled at me the whole time.
Zan
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, mm-erotica
Best friends to lovers plot. Hell yeah! Sex is scorching hot!
I loved that they took Curtis in and basically adopted him... they became a family!
I want more of Curtis and Gen's story!

Carra
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruxs and Green are two crazy enforcers for the Atlanta PD’s Narcotics Task Force, the ones that God and Day send in to do the things that others might not. They get the job done…usually creating havoc in their wake. But their good at what they do, and a bit of crazy makes the two of them work. Here Comes Trouble is essentially a best-friends-to-more story, set in the wild, action-packed world of the Nothing Special series.

I can’t choose a favorite between these two guys. Ruxs has had a bumpy pas
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
I recvd a beta copy of this book.
I have to start with I love this series. All the alpha men in one place is great. This is the 3rd book in this series and I followed from the beginning. God and Day then Syn and Furi and now Green and Ruxs. Great story here and great secondary characters as well plus all the guys are back too. I think I fell in love with Curtis and hope he gets the next book (fingers crossed). Gen (God's brother) is going to be a great character as well.
It has alot of action and
Arch Bala
This is the third book from the Nothing Special series and I’m just floored with how good the kind of storytelling the author was giving us here. She’s a genius and this series is definitely one of my favorites now!

Here, we get the story of Detectives Mark Ruxs and Chris Green. Both are the brawn of God and Day’s narcotic task force and have also been work partners for the longest time they practically memorized each other’s likes and dislikes.

When things started to get weird between them – the
Taya
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Taya by: Tully Vincent
Shelves: 2019-sh-recs, own-it
I will start off by saying that I like this story much more than book 2. This story flowed a lot better for me and kind of remind of why I loved the first book. As always the cop parts seemed unrealistic. Even though I have no clue about being one. I mean would you really tuck a loaded gun into your pants. I have to say that I'm glad this book focus was less stuck on the crime but good googly moogly when it was still overly dramatic at some part.

Ruxs and Green were funny and cheesy together. I
Juliet
Jul 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'd have given no stars (?) to this book but hey, the sex scenes were well written (however, not even intense lovemaking could make me not want to pour some brain bleach on myself).

Confusing, non consistent plot and Too Dumb to Exist characters. I ended up hating absolutely everyone from this universe and it makes me sad because it's not everyday that I end up loathing a book. Dare I say I even found a lot of misogyny for sake of the plot in here? Inexcusable.
The co-worker: a b-tch according t

• Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me #1)
  • Never The Perfect Moment (Perfect Moments, #1)
  • Bad Boys, Bad Boys (Boys in Blue, #1)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Inferno
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Running Wild (Havoc, #1)
  • Hostile Ground
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Orgasmic Texas Dawn (Orgasmic Texas Dawn, #1)
  • Wrestling Demons (Brandt and Donnelly Caper, #2)
A.E. Via is an author in the beautiful gay romance genre and also founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books. Her writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to spicy to scandalous. Her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.

When she's not clicking away at her laptop, she devotes herself to her family--a husband and four childre

Nothing Special (6 books)
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Don't Judge (Nothing Special, #4)
  • Nothing Special V (Nothing Special, #5)
  • His Hart's Command (Nothing Special #6)
“Curtis peeked over to the side. God had his arm over Day’s shoulder holding him close to him, both their heads lowered with their eyes closed. He could just see God’s thumb lightly moving back and forth on Day’s shoulder. They were such an awesome couple, two more of the greatest men he’d ever —. Curtis’ thoughts skidded to a halt in his mind. His eyes widened and his body tensed in response to the sight. Both his dads must’ve felt it, because each one kept their eyes closed but moved in closer to him. Oh” 1 likes
“Curtis stared at his fantasy man while everyone’s focus was finally on something else besides him. While everyone still had their eyes closed… or at least everyone was supposed to have their eyes closed. Curtis watched with a stunned expression as the man holding his undivided attention seemed to move in slow motion. His hand came up towards his face – his thick bicep stretching the material of his jacket – and oh so slowly removed his dark shades. Piercing green eyes stared back at him, stunning and focused. Curtis gasped when those sexy lips curved up into a slight smile that almost had Curtis bolting out of his seat. And as if that wasn’t bad enough Curtis was thrown a slight wink before those dark shades were replaced. “may” 1 likes