Start by marking “Descending Into Madness (Winterland Tale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Descending Into Madness (Winterland Tale, #1)

Descending Into Madness

(Winterland Tale #1)

Your holiday season is about to get deliciously naughty...

What if Alice Liddell’s story didn’t happen the way you think? What if it wasn’t Wonderland she fell into, but Winterland.
This mad tale is dark, twisted, sexy, and nothing like the legend you know.

After losing her job and finding her boyfriend/boss cheating on her with her replacement, twenty-five-year-old Alic
Published July 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Descending Into Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descending Into Madness

Start your review of Descending Into Madness (Winterland Tale, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description It's 🅲🅷🆁🅸🆂🆃🅼🅰🆂 in July ya'll 🎄 and this book was all kinds of 𝓪𝔀𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮. 👍👍 An 𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕀𝕟 𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 reimagining with a 🅲🅷🆁🅸🆂🆃🅼🅰🆂 twist and a smokin' hot 𝕾𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖌𝖊 thrown in for good measure. 🔥🔥 It was ridiculously ¢αмρу. 😝 Laugh out loud ϝυɳɳყ. 😂 Excellent 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 (but 🅩🅔🅡🅞 sex). 🙈 Original. 👍 Well written. 👍 Entertaining. 🎬 A fantastic cast of ĔŃŤĔŔŤĂĨŃĨŃĞ secondary characters. 🐧 🐰 🎅 ☃. And two ҜICҜ-ДSS main characters (🅰🅻🅸🅲🅴 and 𝕾𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖌𝖊). 💑 This was heading towards 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 right until the end
Kahea
***5 ‘Losing Oneself Takes Time’ Stars***

Ever since reading a little tease of this story in Such Violent Delights: A Paranormal Romance Holiday Anthology (Sorry it’s no longer available but was chock full of some really great stuff) I’ve needed/wanted/died for more the story, because who doesn’t love a good twist on the already trippy Alice in Wonderland tale? Especially when that twist has it meeting and melding with practically every Christmas story, or story that happens around Christmas time (sooo
Candace Tidwell
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Stacey Marie Brown had me doubled over laughing so many times. Her twist on Christmas stories and how she merges Alice in Wonderland with them is brilliant. I was completely blown away by her brilliance. Buy the book it's a must read.
Lien
Yeah so leave it to me to give this book its first written, negative rating. For weeks I've been putting this off because I just hate writing bad reviews for ARCs that I asked for but I promised myself that I'd always be honest with my opinion no matter what.

My biggest problem was the heroine. She was so horny all the damn time and at the most inappropriate and inconvenient times ever (actually both of them but bc the book was written in her POV... so yeah. Like, they were on the run
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Oh how this twisty, action packed, maddening new take on Alice in Wonderland filled my Hatter obsessed heart with joy. Being who I am, I have read countless spins on this classic but have never encountered one done so masterfully before. Stacey Marie Brown’s combination of Alice in Wonderland and Christmas builds a magical twisted new world that will capture you entirely.
I just don’t have enough words for how perfectly done this book is. I’m typically not a fan of slow burns, but the chemi
Coco.V
Nov 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/1/2019)! 🎁
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
4.5 stars Descending Into Madness is a creative with a somewhat naughty mashup of Alice in Wonderland and Christmas. I am not always certain how things are going to play out when there is a retelling of a popular fairytale, but this has got to be one of the most masterful versions that I’ve ever read. The author’s detailed descriptions of the characters and of Winterland itself made me feel as though I too had fallen down the hole and into this world where everyone is a little bit nutty. Her wor ...more
Eleni
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I was all excited for an Alice in Wonderland retelling, but then it just turned into this strange Christmas story with all the Christmas characters you could think of (including Gremlins for some strange reason haha). AND...there's a cliffhanger. It's just not what I was wanting.
Veronica LaRoche
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love everything about this book. I absolutely love the idea of Christmas mixed with Alice in Wonderland. I absolutely love all the characters especially Scrooge. The chemistry between Alice and Scrooge is completely off the charts. There is maybe something with Rudolph too. I can’t wait too read more of this series especially how it ended. Hopefully the next book will be out very very soon.
Kristi M
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sexy, fantastical spin on a classic, with a holly jolly twist. Winterland is a magical land built from the creative, inventive mind of one of my favorite authors. Not like anything I have read by Stacey Marie Brown, but still with her signature humor, wit and edge of your seat action. The adventure never stops and this crazy rollercoaster ride will have you wondering if you have “given in to the madness, or just accepted it in yourself.” A Beautifully written tale woven with meaningful, loveab ...more
Ani Bari
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author and I really enjoyed the whole read.

The beginning was a gentle amble that lead to a faced paced finish. I’m not a lover of a cliff hanger but this one gave it perfectly. I felt like I had my story but meant that I knew there was so much more on its way. The twisted Christmas/wonderland concept was an amazing idea and I loved the phrases, monsters and twisted Christmas stories. I even continued reading during a meeting! I just wanted to know what happened next and ea
Chyenne Bridger
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacey Marie Brown is at it again, with this amazing Christmas time in Wonderland. I loved everything about this book, and it officially just hit in my top 5 favorites. If you get a chance to read this book I highly recommend it. Well done, Ms. Brown. 5 ⭐
Angela Hillier
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
This book is all kinds of crazy. The good kind of crazy because frankly I couldn’t get enough of this tale of Alice and Scrooge.
The story starts with Alice when she falls into a winterland where nothing and nobody are what they seem. Christmas is the theme but not as we know it. This dark and twisty world is full of dangerous traps and an evil queen. You have to keep your head and your wits when in winterland or the madness could take you.
I loved Alice and Scrooge’s quips and denials
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Descending Into madness is Alice In wonderland but Christmas themed. Which sounds amazing right?

Instead of the mad hatter he becomes Scrooge, instead of the rabbit always being late, he’s a reindeer etc..

I’m loved the way Alice swears with Christmas themes/songs.

While she’s there she meets the mad hatter aka Scrooge and it’s not a great first impression, but they slowly come together because of the events that follow.

Scrooge decision to go to the land of the
Sarah Dale
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Alice Stars

OMG I know its July but I'm now in a Christmas mood.

SMB has done a phenomenal job with this very clever twist on Alice in Wonderland mixing it with Christmas. Once you start this book you will be hooked and jumping down the rabbit hole of crazy willingly. It was well written and fast paced so make sure you have no interruptions when you start this one as you will be so captivated in the crazy you will get annoyed if interrupted.

You never know what is going to happen
Colleen Oppenheim
Yes, yes and yes! Descending into Madness checked off all my boxes for an awesome fantasy story. Stacey Marie Brown did an incredible job turning everything you think about not only Alice in Wonderland but Christmas as well, on its ear. I can not wait to see how the story plays out in book 2!
Leigh
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the “muchness” you need!

I’ve read all of SMB’s books and LOVED them so I wasn’t expecting anything different with this one. But holy gingerbread men was I wrong. This story has “more muchness” than even I expected! I could not put it down!

Descending Into Madness is not your typical Christmas story. It’s deliciously twisted and sexy with a fantastic cast of characters. The storyline and world-building are phenomenal. Alice and Scrooge have awesome chemist
Heather Wamboldt
I really did not know how I would feel about a twisted fairy tale but I loved this! The author has given us something fresh and new in fantasyland. Placing Alice in Wonderland in a Christmas world is absolutely genius. The characters are wonderfully written and the story is fast-paced and full of danger, twists and turns, humour, and romance. An amazingly riveting story that kept me turning the pages with wonder and awe.

I cannot wait for the next book in this fantastic series!
Nic Spears
Holy jingle bells!!!!

What a magnificent, maddening story this turned out to be.

Packed to the brim with Stacey’s quirky, unique characters that you fall madly in love with and can never get enough of.
This retelling of ‘Alice In Wonderland’ has got to be the best retelling story I have read to date.

This is a book that you will gladly fall down the rabbit hole to read, and will not want it to end.

I’ve descended into madness, and oh what a brilliant place to be.
Megan
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a DNF. I couldn’t get into this because the writing just wasn’t good. Also, the attraction between the two main characters felt very very forced.
Virginie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a whole review written here but then my laptop just went out. No idea why. But anyway, now I am back here and off course everything I had written is gone. I was so in the moment writing my review that I don't even remember what I wrote. So I am just going to say this is a fantastic book and will be an even more fantastic and amazing series.
I never was a fan of Alice in Wonderland. Not the Disney cartoon, not the movies. Always disliked Alice. But I love Alice in Winterland. Absolutely LOV
Adrienne Aviles
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I really enjoyed book 1. What a cliffhanger! Can’t wait to read book 2. Ascending into Madness. The 1st chapter is given in book 1.
Jen
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun to read, I loved it!!
I always love the way you feel as though you're part of the story in one of Stacey's books, and this one is no different! The world building is awesome and the characters are really fun and genuine. With a mash up of Alice In Wonderland and Christmas stories, how could you not read it?!
Lisa
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best kind of fairytale
I really enjoyed this can not wait till the next book
Kalli Bunch
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was epic! Stacey Marie Brown had me laughing and on te edge of my seat. This christmas twist is amazing. I enjoyed it.
Jocelyne
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Winterland Tale Series. This story is totally mind blowing. This retelling of Alice in Wonderland fairytale, with a Christmas twist, has it all! Hilarious, Sexy, action packed and totally crazy! Alice, Scrooge and the crazy gang are captivating! Now, I can't wait until the next book in this Series. I received a free review copy of this book and I have voluntarily left this review.
Kristin Hague
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Classic Fairytale with a twist

SMB did it again with a great retelling of classic Alice in Wonderland with a Christmas twist. Alice and Scrooge... Holy Christmas Cookies!!! With the action, suspense and awesome characters I loved every minute of this story. The ending just about killed me and can’t wait for the next book! Highly recommend
Elizabeth Fusselman
Definitely not the Christmas stories you remember!

Stacey's twist on both Christmas, & Alice is dark, sexy, & twisty, & I LOVE it! Scrooge is sexy as he'll! Her world & character building are phenomenal, & OMG what an ending... Definitely leaves me wanting the next book!
Amber
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DESCENDING INTO MADNESS had me completely captivated

From beginning to end, the first book in what is sure to be in my top 2 favourite book series of all times, this book has wowed me, had me laughing and even crying a bit. It's made me Mad as Alice and I can't get enough. You wouldn't regret buying this one. Trust me, it'll be one you'll " Never Forget "
poppy
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng
This is the first book in the Winterland Tale Series and what a fantastic read it was, this is an adult retelling Alice in Wonderland fairytale only it is Christmas based. This was a good well written, really fun book and once I started reading it I just did not want to stop I just loved it and can't wait for the rest of the series.
« previous 1 3 next »
Unapologetic Roma...: Brown, Marie Stacey // Descending Into Madness 4 22 Oct 21, 2019 01:09PM

• Immortal Hexes (Vampire Mates)
  • Forever Immortal (Vampire Brides)
  • Under the Lies (Villainous Wonderland #3)
  • Within the Wonder (Villainous Wonderland #2)
  • If She's Wicked (Wicked Knights #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Bound by Passion (The Alliance, Book 4)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • The Monster Ball: Year 2
  • Wrecked
  • Into the Madness (Villainous Wonderland #1)
  • Reluctant King (Reluctant Royals #1)
  • Venom
  • Stolen Princess (Royal Conquest Saga #1)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Heaven and Ice (Court of Sin #3)
  • Ebba-Viva Fairisles: Mortal Trinity (Pirates of Felicity Book 7)
  • Protected by the vampires
  • Damnation (Tales of Cinder #3)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

Winterland Tale (2 books)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)