Start by marking “Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)

Dangerous Remedy

(Dangerous Remedy #1)

Camille, a revolutionary's daughter, leads a band of outcasts – a runaway girl, a deserter, an aristocrat in hiding. As the Battalion des Mortes they cheat death, saving those about to meet a bloody end at the blade of Madame La Guillotine. But their latest rescue is not what she seems. The girl's no aristocrat, but her dark and disturbing powers means both the Royalists ...more
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by Zephyr

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Remedy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Remedy

Start your review of Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
well,

(4.5)

rtc

Rep: biracial (Black, white) lesbian mc, Black mc, bi mc, gay mc

CWs: human experimentation, gore, violence
Zoe (semi-hiatus)
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as release-2020
Useless gay's in the French Revolution? We have no choice but to stan
No One
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bloody, brutal and real

I honestly don’t see how anyone can not love this book it has everything anyone could want. Historical fiction, rag tag team, humour, badassery, LGBTQ rep, powers and more honestly this book was written for me I swear.

The only thing I would change is I would love to of had each chapter for each character to know how they are feeling it’s all very based on CAMILIE AND ADE

I would love some chapters of Al and Guil and Olympe to hear about their background and their stories
♠ TABI ♠
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
this looks so wild

I want it so much
Helen Corcoran
Slightly better review:

I was looking forward to Dangerous Remedy—I love historical fiction, and add queer characters and I’m there with practically bells on.

I read this over two days, the last few I had left before returning to work in January, and I’m so happy I could give this the breakneck reading pace it deserves. SO MUCH happens in this book, both emotional and in terms of plot.

I loved the group of disaster queers trying to do the right thing as best they can in Revolutionary France, but
Little
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,75/5
E.
From author's twitter:

"pitched as stranger things in the french revolution, there's an ensemble cast of queer disasters, two girls in love and a bi love triangle. plus strange science, swashbuckling action and a little magic "
Dan Bassett
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one tale of revolution that is a total joy!
Camille is the daughter of a revolutionary and with that comes a sense of responsibility for the lives of people in peril and who have a date with Madame La Guillotine, and along with other outcasts she heads the Batallion des Mortes!
Together they save those who need their help, for a price of course! After all, this is revolutionary France and it's every man for himself on how to make ends meet until things finally settle down.. or will they?
Megan Lowe
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I had such high hopes for this book. The blurb sounded amazing and right up my alley. Unfortunately it fell flat for me.

I felt as if I never really got to know the characters, and who they are as people. I wanted to see so much more of them, how they play off each other, how they interact with each other, how they function as a group. We see and get none of that. Camile, to me, was particularly unlikable.

Secondly, this book read as if it were the second book in a series. I actually had
Serena
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.**

This book has it all humour, LGBTQI representation, oddly matched team, magic, and to top it all off as a historical fiction, you might learn something new!
Kat Dunn has done very well in her research behind her book to make sure that what she is writing is accurate as well as entertaining for the reader. She has created developed characters, who have flaws but are
Melissa Kirkman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dangerous Remedy by Kat Dunn is a mixture of history and fantasy in one novel. Set with a backdrop of the French Revolution, a rag tag group of young people are saving people from being beheaded when suddenly they find themselves rescuing a girl with strange powers. They have to fight to keep her safe from both sides of the revolution as they hunt to find her.

I liked the idea of this book, but it didn't catch me. I found that the characters were introduced too fast with too many details about
Claire Knight
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of mystery, intrigue, betrayal and not to mention rolling heads. What’s not to love about this book?
I throughly enjoyed it, it reminded me a bit of Six of Crows in a way with all the schemes.
I really don’t know what else to say I think I am still coming down from the high of finishing it ... but damn it was a good book.
Greyson | Use Your Words

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me an advanced reader copy in exchange for my honest review.
___
BlogInstagramTwitterTumblr
Sifa Poulton
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. it has not affected my opinions

This is such a fun romp through historical Paris, with Cam, Ada, Al and Guil as they race to save people from the guillotine. The pacing is superb, with lots of short chapters you just keep turning. The character focus is on making choices for yourself, and it plays out so well
June
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild being able to add a TBR written by someone u know ...more
Ams
Layla
Jan 03, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Conflicting release dates 2 22 Nov 22, 2019 05:09AM

• Slay
  • Wranglestone (Wranglestone, #1)
  • The Highland Falcon Thief
  • The Missing Diamonds (Agent Zaiba Investigates, #1)
  • Are You Listening?
  • The Deathless Girls
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • I Hold Your Heart
  • The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • If Darkness Takes Us
  • Nameless Queen
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Reverie
  • The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
  • Pet
  • The Strangeworlds Travel Agency
Kat Dunn grew up in London and has lived in Japan, Australia and France.

She has a BA in Japanese from SOAS and an MA in English from Warwick. She’s written about mental health for Mind and The Guardian, and worked as a translator for Japanese television.

Her fiction has been shortlisted for the Mslexia Novel Competition, and Dangerous Remedy is her first novel.