Start by marking “Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories

Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories

A girl takes a strange job, copying an obscure and ancient manuscript that's said to be guarded by a terrifying wraith.

A London grave robber gets more than he bargained for when an old friend comes to visit.

A grieving mother is offered a chance to bring her child back from the dead, but there's a deadly catch.

A woman notices something unusual about her boyfriend, but
Published June 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories

Start your review of Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
Tom Lewis
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Amy Cross is a crazy prolific author who’s written about 8 million books. She’s compared a lot to Darcy Coates, another prolific female horror author, but Amy’s books tend to be edgier and more macabre. The short stories in this collection were some of her tamer ones, and none of them reached the level of some of her scarier stories like Stephen. 3 stars.
Book Squirrel
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent short dark reads.

A collection of well-crafted and varied short stories, ‘Dark Little Wonders’ definitely lives up to its title. The stories are all quite different, invariably dark, and full of twists and surprises. Taken one by one, each story challenges the reader to see life - and death - from a different perspective. In combination, this collection of dark fiction reminds the reader that one can be haunted by many more things than just ghosts.

The writing is good and the characters
Rose Aitken
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
British or American which is it?

The stories aren’t too bad, if you like this sort of thing. Before writing this, I read two of them but it’s enough to formulate an opinion. Now, the author is not British that much is obvious so, why write stories set in England when she’s using phrases we Brits would not use such as gas stationand the word goddamned, we just don’t talk that way and so i’d saay one thing. If you want to improve this book, do your research or set your stories in locations you know
bob pisauro
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful Storytelling!

Amy Cross is a fabulous storyteller! Every story was entertaining and original! From a murder covered up by the 911 tragedy, a haunted old book with a nasty caretaker to a haunted lost love with a twist, these stories come to vivid life through the mind of Any Cross! This was my introduction to this author i am a major fan! Dark, chilling and amazing!!
John Morris
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good read!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this selection of short stories by Amy Cross. They were intelligent and satisfying, not horror as such, but creepy and macabre to be sure. The quality of Amy Cross' writing tends to fluctuate widely but this selection of stories was very good indeed.
Sandy
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable collection of short stories. I definitely like her short stories over her series. My only thing was the last story. It did t really go anywhere and seemed more like an introduction (where I think it would’ve been better placed) than a kind of wrap up.
Brett Grossmann
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
How does she write so much and so well? Good book of short stories. Some things didn’t ring true. Notes of 9/11..I was there in New York City. The 15 year old in the one story that knows Latin? At 15? Otherwise the character development was always solid. Real page turning stuff
Christine Dunne
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
INteresting

Amy cross I don't know who you are but right up with Stephen king your mind is a wnder. Thank you so much for the stories th tell and the great people and things you introduce it to. Later

Bill Herman
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

Very entertaining stories that are probably going to be in this book. Cat food and water is going well with your family and friends are probably going to be in my head. The last story brings the book together so be sure to read it.
Book lover
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best reads this year

A great anthology that roped me in from the get go. The tales are diverse and twisted. A great thriller with class and finesse. I couldn't wait to finish the book, but am sad that the adventure had come to an end.
Debra Simon
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great stories

This was a great book for assorted haunted stories
! I loved reading it and I would recommend this book to try!
NayDoubleU
It was okay not sure how i liked the ending ...more
Rose Haskins
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Not what I expected from Amy Cross, but the short stories were still intriguing. The last story brought all of them together.
Laurie C.
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Corners & Creepy Tales!!

Creepy stories that should be read late at night. Each one of these stories has a unique kind of twist on horror.
Andrew Arch

• The Horror Collection: Purple Edition: THC Book 3
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 2
  • Under The Safe House & Other Stories
  • Lingering Things and Other Dark Tales: A Horror Anthology
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 3: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection)
  • The Horror Collection: White Edition
  • Next Door
  • The Horror Collection: Black Edition (THC Book 2)
  • How Much To..?
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 4: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #4)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 5: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #5)
  • Nightmareland
  • Daughters of Darkness
  • When The Devil Writes: A Collection Of Twisted Short Stories And Novellas
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum.