Start by marking “The Mystery of the Stone Tiger (Dana Girls, #25)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Stone Tiger (Dana Girls, #25)

The Mystery of the Stone Tiger

(The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, First Set #25)

A black-robed ghost roams the streets of the Danas' home town. A tiger stalks the woods on the outskirts of Oak Falls. And the Hilary Museum is plagued by a phantom prowler who seemingly passes through locked doors and windows.

Louise and Jean Dana, returning home from a long trip, are horrified by these events. Their friend Elise Hilary begs them to solve the mystery surro
Hardcover
Published 1963 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Stone Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Stone Tiger

Start your review of The Mystery of the Stone Tiger (Dana Girls, #25)
Josiah
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Great book! Ok-ish story line. I think this was a cool spooky book with tons of suspects! I think the story line is a bit strange, and doesn’t totally make sense. Great book though!
C.
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had “Mystery Of The Stone Tiger”, 1963, on hand. I was thrilled to learn Mildred A. Wirt started her employment authoring a long span of The Dana Girls. I don’t believe she composed this novel #25 but I was eager to sample it. I like these sleuths: mannerly, educated, intelligent, and loyal like all Stratemeyer characters but more daring than Nancy. These ladies are bolder too, seen in their rejection of one rude jerk.

A stone tiger from India attracts criminals. We acquire some great folklore
Susan
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revisiting a childhood favourite can be revealing. I had forgotten the details of this book. I recall being crazy in love with the girls when I read it. They seemed so sophisticated! Funny rereading it now. They seem pretty normal, but strong young women. I liked the family closeness portrayed then and now. Very cool to read it again. Found it in Smiths Falls!
Elise Kress
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgia from my childhood! This is the first book I selected for myself, at a book fair in third grade. It began my love affair with mysteries!
Rex Libris
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Nancy Drew-style mystery, where two teen-age sisters solve a case of missing jewels. The main clue is a tiger statue.
Terri Too
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these old mysteries from my childhood.
Ria
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ria by: Sister Fiona.
A good story but less of a plot in general than the Nancy Drew series though written by the same author.
A good read though.
Debra
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved this series of books that I read back in junior high. They are from the same syndicate that wrote the Nancy Drew books and the Hardy Boys, but I much preferred the Dana Girls.
Sandra
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought these as a teenager and they have been sitting on the shelf through various moves. I wanted something light to read and these have a little bit of mystery. It was enjoyable, had to remind myself when these were written. As they were finding clues and then would have to find a phone to call....kept thinking to myself....where is your cell phone...these were a different era. I highly recommend especially for teenage girls. Not to say us grown up teenagers still can't enjoy! ...more
Becca Harris
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never read Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew or Dana Girls growing up but I came across a few Dana Girls mysteries at our thrift shop & thought I'd preview them before passing them along to my girls. The first one was good! I thought the female protagonists were clever & had the grit necessary to solve the crime.

I liked this quote from their uncle, Captain Dana: "I like your spirit! Just because you're traveling on rough seas is no reason for abandoning ship!"
Bliz Goring
Essi
Aug 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Other Words for Home
  • The Tower Treasure (The Hardy Boys, #1)
  • Bonita Granville and the Mystery of Star Island
  • Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3)
  • The Water's Daughter
  • Reading in the Wild
  • The Disappearance (Hardy Boys Adventures Book 18)
  • The Crisscross Shadow (Hardy Boys, #32)
  • Skary Childrin and the Carousel of Sorrow
  • Hive (Hive #1)
  • The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)
  • The Cavern of the Fear (Deltora Shadowlands, #1)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • The Beast of Hushing Wood
  • Strength Training For Women: Burn Fat Effectively...And Sculpt The Body You've Always Dreamed Of (Strength Training 101, Book 5)
  • Billionaire Boy
  • Stop Overeating: The 28-day plan to end emotional eating

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, First Set (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • By the Light of the Study Lamp (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Secret at Lone Tree Cottage (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #2)
  • In the Shadow of the Tower (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #3)
  • A Three-Cornered Mystery (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret at the Hermitage (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Circle of Footprints (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Locked Room (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #7)
  • The Clue in the Cobweb (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Secret at the Gatehouse (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #9)
  • The Mysterious Fireplace (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #10)