Jump to ratings and reviews

When Light Shatters

Harlow's parents are dead. So is her brother. So is Tenley.

Probably.

Hopefully.

She's like… ninety-five percent sure about that last one.

Seventeen and orphaned, Harlow is eager to leave her past behind when she moves in with her guardians. But in her new environment, she's drawn to Brighton, a senior in her art class who is haunted by ghosts similar to her own. It's not long before Harlow realizes their friendship has turned into something deeper—something that Brighton would have to sacrifice everything to pursue.

And Brighton does.

Their secret romance is perfect…until the precarious life Harlow has built crumbles beneath her. In the collapse, they both come face to face with Tenley.

Who, it turns out, is far from dead.

Perfect for fans of The Kiss Thief and The Book of Essie, Laney Wylde's coming-of-age, bisexual romance When Light Shatters is a heady and gripping read. With a touch of irreverence and suspense, Wylde's most vulnerable work yet will keep you guessing from the first page to the last.

Kindle Edition

Published August 26, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Laney Wylde

6 books54 followers
Laney Wylde is enamored with all things southern California––the traffic, smog, surprise earthquakes, and nonindigenous palm trees. Consequently, it’s the landscape her strong and sometimes lovable female leads paint their stories on. Her New Adult novels Never Touched and the After Twelve series are bright with provocative themes, steamy romance, and inappropriately timed humor.
When Laney isn’t writing, she’s singing Taylor Swift with her little boy or asking her husband not to tell her about his work as a surgical resident while she’s eating. She daydreams about using her math degree to get into law school, then realizes that would be too much work and that she should just play pretend court on paper instead. While she loves a good book, nothing beats 30 Rock with a bag of popcorn and M&Ms.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 of 1 review
35 reviews1 follower
October 2, 2019
Laney was my "the best discovery of 2018", and she still can't stop amaze me. This book is her baby, which sie wrote/rewrote for 12 years!!! How determined she is! And only now it got published. Before it was available on Wattpad but I couldn't keep my interest as it's very strange at the beginning. This got me scared that, I will not like it, that I will feel differently about Laney after this book... but I'm not. I read many books about this subject and Laney put it in completely different level. I can't believe how mature this book is, how real, how many problems it's touching. It's like jigsaw. When you begin reading you are getting random single pieces that doesn't make any sense, then with time, more pieces are getting in right places, and you get excited because you feel how the picture is going to look like, but then with more pieces, you feel like "oh wow, I didn't know it's going to show up here" and the picture is more and more beautiful. When you finish you are proud. Not because you managed to put all jigsaws together, but because it managed to surprise you, and you couldn't expect anything more perfect than this. Thank you Laney. It was a pleasure.
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.