Start by marking “Emma's Rodeo Cowboy: Burlap and Barbed Wire (Burlap and Barbed Wire Series Book 6)” as Want to Read:

He’s never even kissed the woman, but her son is clearly, without a doubt, his.

Zach McCoy has been on the rodeo circuit for six years and is making a damn fine living at it. When he comes home, for the first time, to be in his best friend’s wedding he’s got one helluva surprise waiting for him in the shape of a five-year old boy who is his spitting image.

Emma Kipling too
Published June 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Emma's Rodeo Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emma's Rodeo Cowboy

Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, cowboy
Book six in the Burlap and Barbed Wire series is finally here! I feel like I've been waiting for this book specifically. I truly enjoyed all the prior books in the series but from the moment I met Emma, and the constant mentions of Zach, I knew there was a good story there. Well, this book was worth the wait. I absolutely adored both Emma and Zach. Especially Zach. While he is a sexy rodeo cowboy, he is also a gentleman. Zach was kind, sweet, loyal and loving. Without going into too many details ...more
Melinda  Parker
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Saddle Up Cowgirl

I've always wondered about Emma and Tony. She's so strong and mother oriented. Her single status there but not her weak point. But now we know she went after the man of her dreams, her cowboy Zach, and had his son. But once he left, he abandoned his family. What neither knew was that neither knew. Zach left to allow Emma time to grow up. Emma seized her one moment. Tempers flare and flats are up. Can an adorable little man bring his parents together for a HEA? Two people battli
Vickie Beams
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Emma and Zach! What a sweet story. I loved how you are so drawn in right from the beginning. I was expecting a great book but it ended up being so much more!
Heather
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This is a sweet read, sweeter than I usually go for but I liked the story and the characters overall. Not a fan of the 3rd person POV.
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
Emma and Tony. Tony was her brother’s best friend and she loved him, Tony returned her feelings but wanted to wait until she was 18. He was also leaving to start a rodeo career and the night before they have a night he doesn’t remember resulting in a son he didn’t know about.

He found out she had a son but thought it was for a drifter so he never returned until her brother’s wedding and what a surprise he gets and it was all a big misunderstanding.

I love good second chance secret baby romance an
Gemma Cooper
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these series of books from this author. The story is about Emma the only girl out of her siblings and Zach who is her brothers best friend. I like how Shirley has written about how a misunderstanding can cause so many problems for people. This was a very enjoyable read and look forward to reading more series from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed a advanced copy arc.
Sally Brandle
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No distraught single-mom scenario in this book. Emma owned what she did and moved forward. There's plenty of attraction/tension culminating in a steamy scene. I read it out of order without a problem. Easy flow to the emotional curve and a very satisfying ending. Nicely written.
Amy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this book. Emma and Zach reel you in from page one with their chemistry. It was an entertaining sweet read. I definitely recommend this book.
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 6th book in this addictive series, and is Emma and Zach’s story. When Zach left town he left behind a heartbroken Emma, and the surprise he never knew about. Now that Zach has returned home for his brothers’ wedding, one glance at the cute little boy; and the cat is out of the bag. Will Emma and Zach be able to forgive each other? No spoilers; this is a beautifully written sweet story which has me hooked throughout. I recommend for all readers.
Gladys
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this emotional romance. I thought that Emma and Zach were both likable and Tony was a sweetie. The entertaining story runs on pure emotion as enduring love, bad decisions, hurt feelings, good intensions, anger and a failure to communicate complicate this romance. I felt that this was one of those rare books that honestly makes your heart ache for all those involved because nobody's hands are totally clean and everyone paid the price. I am posting a candid, voluntary review.
Lofty
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Emma’s rodeo cowboy bk 6
3 1/2*
Zach left to join the rodeo as his feelings for Emma we’re getting stronger. He’s always intended to come back for her but hearing she had a son made it hard to accept.
Emma can’t believe Zach has returned for Drew’s wedding but why the angry vibes?
A story of misunderstanding and putting life right.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Brandy Freeman
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!
This story, the chemistry totally drew me in like I was part of the characters! I'm hopeful Tony gets his own book!
Ramona
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Shirley Penick has written an emotional inspirational book about what could have been and about becoming reconnected.
Zach McCoy left town when Emma was still in high school to avoid temptation since she was 2 years younger than he was - never to return. When her brother Drew asked Zach to be his best man he came back only to discover a secret Emma had kept from him.
Emma was heartbroken that Zach never returned for her but finding out in a comedy of errors that they could have been mor
Chloe
M. Switzer
Jul 17, 2019
Shirley Kulak
Jul 14, 2019
I started writing late in life. I've always been a reader, devouring Nancy Drew books in grade school right on through to today. But writing is new to me and I am having a blast.

I have two series, both small town contemporary romance.

My Lake Chelan series is centered around a remote town in eastern Washington and all the challenges and shenanigans that go on there. Many of the characters in that