Start by marking “The Secret to Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Secret to Happiness

The Secret to Happiness

Danniella is running from her past, so when she arrives at the beautiful seaside resort of Whitsborough Bay, the last thing on her mind is making friends. After all, they might find out her secrets... Alison is fun, caring and doesn't take herself too seriously. But beneath the front, she is a lost soul, stuck in a terrible relationship, with body confidence issues and no ...more
Audio CD
Published September 3rd 2019 by Boldwood Unabridged CD

To ask other readers questions about The Secret to Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret to Happiness

Rachel Gilbey
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easily Jessica Redland's best novel so far. The amount of heart and depth that has gone into it is astounding.

For those who have read the author before there are some familiar places and people cropping up, but it is 100% a standalone novel featuring 3 brand new leading ladies.

Karen, Alison and Danniella, what an inspirational group you are. They all start the book without knowing each other, and all having problems in their lives.

It is their combined new friendship that gives them
Shalini
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Redland has done it again, written a book of emotions in a superlative manner which had me smiling with a hint of tears glinting in my eyes. The emotions this book evoked showed me why I adore this author.

This story was the perfect soothing balm for the weary soul when life got overwhelming. Every word written by Jessica had the power to heal me from the inside out. The story bespoke of hope and joy amidst pain and heartbreak and laid the spotlight firmly on strength in friendships.

3 w
Noriko
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning: If you are to go into this book, make sure you have a box of tissues ready. Trust me, you will need one especially close to the end.

Rest assured, it won’t be from grief or pain, they’ll be tears of joy and happiness. I can vouch, from the bottom of my heart, that this book will push all the right buttons and tug at your heartstrings, bringing you all sorts of feels and making you fall in love with this book.

I dove right into this book without reading the synopsis
Ashleigh
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so full of emotion. It follows 3 women through greif, love, heart ache, friendship all searching for one common thing, the secret to their happiness.

Allison, lost her mother, father brother and sister in a horrible accident when she was 12. Its now 15 years later and her mentality abusive boyfriend Dave forgot the anniversary. He didn't just forget the anniversary he's going away on a guys trip and berating Allison about her weight. Growing up without a family has been hard and Al
Nina Silva
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, perhaps the best by Jessica yet… and that saying something as I’ve loved all her books so far. A story that sends me off to bed crying one night and then smiling the next is certainly one I’ll recommend reading.

Every time I’m about to start a new book by this author, I have to ask myself if I’m ready to meet new friends and get invested in their lives. The characters come to life within the pages and make the reader want to know all about them, feel for them and root for them
Karen Mace
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
How have I let this author pass me by?! My first Jessica Redland book but definitely not my last and I'm already looking forward to catching up with the others she has written if this one is anything to go by! I found myself totally swept up in the lives of these women - cheering on their achievements, despairing with them at the down moments in their lives, and just wanting to meet up with them all and sharing a drink or two!

This is a book about 3 women - Karen, Alison and Daniella
Anne
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I’ve always so enjoyed Jessica Redland’s writing, but this one… I must say it was everything I hoped it would be, but also so much more than that. Her other books have had a single character as their focus – lots of themes and side stories, but only one real heroine at their centre. This one’s much more ambitious, with three women at its heart, and a story that’s told from three points of view – that’s a complexity not seen in her earlier books, but she carries it off quite magnificently.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

When I first saw the cover of 'The Secret to Happiness', I thought that the storyline was going to follow the usual trends that are found popular fiction at the moment. But it didn't, not really. Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course, it's just nice to read a book which steers its characters in an unexpected direction.

And unexpected this was. I never expected to read the last chapter through tear filled eyes, nor did I e
Tara
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard Jessica Redland had a new book coming out – her first with publisher Boldwood Books - I hoped I would again be able to walk the streets of the delightful North Yorkshire Seaside town of Whitsborough Bay - and I was in luck.
The Secret to Happiness features three new characters but not only is it a familiar setting, for those who have read her previous books, we also catch glimpses of some past characters too.
That doesn’t mean you need to have read her other books first but, in
Marianne
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this latest visit to Whitsborough Bay, we follow the stories of three women who all meet through the Bootcamp and who all have different reasons for being part of it. Their three stories are interwoven and they become firm friends and a support to each other. On the way, there are some surprising developments and you find out about their past and what is happening at the moments in their lives.

This is a warm, inclusive story with some emotional parts which take you unawares. Friendship play
Elsa Ribeiro
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danniella, Alison and Karen are 3 different women that have very different lives and on a crucial moment they come across each other.
Danniella is running away from her pain and she will need a friend to overcome it. Her pain is real and it is growing, it almost kills her until she finds Allison.
Allison has been hiding her pain since she was 13 but she needs to stop doing it. When she realizes that her boyfriend is putting her down and she needs to turn this over, she will get the help fro
Susanne Baker
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and it certainly won’t be my last! I absolutely loved reading this emotional and uplifting story. I enjoyed how the three characters came together to support and encourage each other, their difficult circumstances at times had me in tears, but ultimately I felt uplifted by their support and friendships.
I loved the mystery part too, I didn’t guess the outcome and it kept me reading late into the night!
A perfect book to read on my holiday in Yorkshire,
Jeanie
Aug 01, 2019 added it
Thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
Well I am really not sure what to say what an utterly FANTASTIC book.
Following the lives of not one but three very strong individuals who came together through tragedy bond together and there stories are uplifting heartbreaking but its astonishing what you can do when you make a decision that has taken a long time to come I really can't praise this OUTSTANDING book enough and very worthy of every star I gave to these wond
Janette
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had not read any previous books by Jessica Redland and really enjoyed this one - I will be reading more from this author.

A lovely tale of three very different women which drew me in from the start and kept my interest throughout the book. The author has a warm style of writing which I liked. An emotional story of friendship, relationships, sadness and secrets with plenty of twists and turns along the way.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to re
Jen Juenke
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I liked the three different women, Karen, Daniella, and Allison. I could relate to so much of what they were all going through. I admired their courage, their flaws, and how each one dealt with adversity.
The writer kept me guessing about what was bothering the women and how they would all come together.
I liken this book to almost a mystery/thriller/women's book.
OVerall brilliant writing, loved the plot, characters were well developed and it was a quick and ea
Gea
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-com
Loved this book! Three women, each needing to stand up to someone, or something in their lives. It takes courage to face our fears, face the past or face those who are not treating us the way we deserve. These women forge a powerful bond and friendship.
Lou
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story of Friendship and finding out one has the courage to stand up to bad people. The courage to change comes hard but friends can make it easier. Good Read!!
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Terry
Oct 14, 2019
SAIRA
Oct 16, 2019
She lives on the stunning North Yorkshire Coast in England - the inspiration for the settings in her books - with her husband, daughter, cat, Sprocker Spaniel puppy, and an ever-growing collection of collectible teddy bears. Although if the puppy has her way, the collection will be reduced to a pile of stuffing and chewed limbs!

She's an HR Tutor on a freelance basis and tries, often su