Start by marking “Good-Enough Mother: The Perfectly Imperfect Book of Parenting” as Want to Read:
Good-Enough Mother: The Perfectly Imperfect Book of Parenting

Good-Enough Mother: The Perfectly Imperfect Book of Parenting

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Proudly imperfect mom and Early Show anchor Syler reveals the truth about modern mothering. With humor and warmth, she reassures moms that even if their kids are strangers to homemade cookies, they can emerge as happy and well-adjusted members of society.
Published March 27th 2007 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Good-Enough Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good-Enough Mother

Lane
Apr 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Like her style, but she gets kind of repetitive...I get it, we don't need to be perfect (thank god, I got it a long time ago!)
Bree
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: help-me
I was looking for something that was less personal and a bit more like the "I was a better mom before i had kids" book I read right before this. It is mostly her struggle on how to keep her (wonderful in my eyes) job and raise her kids. It doesn't really relate to what I am currently doing and the age is a bit older than my daughter. I am just trying to deal with a 2 year old without losing my mind so I might appreciate this a few years down the road.
Heather
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I liked the author's message; that it is okay, and even preferable, to not be a perfect mother and kids will still turn out normal. I appreciate her honesty regarding the difficulty of parenting and the need for mothers to still take care of their personal needs. However, I wasn't expecting as much of a memoir as it turned out to be. The writing was a bit marginal and pretty repetitive. I got about 2/3rds of the way through but I just couldn't finish it.
Amy
Oct 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
About halfway through, but I am really enjoying Syler's thoughts on being a mother, especially one who is equally devoted to her children and herself. I keep agreeing with her on the thought behind being a "working mom" (ever heard of a "working dad"? didn't think so...) and on being a mother who does her best, and that is good enough.
Rakisha
Jul 16, 2008 rated it liked it
A wonderfully sweet and motivational book about being a mother in these current times. It's funny, moving, and relatable. It proves that the woes each mom (or dad) have are not new and won't be new when our children become parents. Not as funny (nor as cynical) as Naptime is the New Happy Hour.
Holly
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
This was not a preachy how to book, but more of a parenting memoir. I found it an easy read, with a couple of nuggets of mommy-wisdom. Nothing earth-moving, but there was quite a bit of affirmation for my own parenting styles and choices.
Mel
Aug 21, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a light, entertaining look into the family and motherhood adventure of news anchor Rene Syler. As is the case in many families, her two children are completely different. This is a nice read for a mother and it serves as a light-hearted reminder that "good enough" is often good enough!
Catherine
Jun 11, 2008 rated it did not like it
I was looking for practical tips, and this was more funny essays, but they weren't really that entertaining...
Monica
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not what I was expecting. More autobiography than parenting.
Christy
Jan 31, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
What a giant waste of time. The anectotes are boring, the advice useless and her parenting style uninspiring. I would defintely not recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »