Start by marking “Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories” as Want to Read:
Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories

Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories

This series of interwoven stories follows the lives of three abused teenagers, desperate to battle past traumas, pursue their dreams, find love and re-establish broken family ties.

London 1960. Robin is hypnotised by a dazzling moon and it sets him on a quest to seek a better life. Fearful of his future, he puts his trust in the wrong person, clueless of the trap he is
Published July 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories

Start your review of Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories
Dash fan
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 A Dark, Engrossing, Domestic Noir, That I couldn't put down!

Rosebrook Chronicles The Hidden Stories is a Dark, Emotive and Compelling Read that I couldn't put down, at times it was heart wrenching and dark, to read but so Engrossing.

This is a story of three very different young children, as the story progresses we learn about their lives and how their past, shapes their future.

It's a story that at times isn't an easy read and does contain sensitive subjects such as child abuse and violence but
KT Robson
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a powerful read – Helen Christmas has managed to navigate the complicated worlds of abuse, politics and religion expertly, weaving the stories of her three main characters seamlessly together. Though this book does take a look at the horrors of childhood abuse, it does not dwell on the act of abuse so much as it tackles the aftermath. It allows us to see how their past abuse has affected the characters in later life, and which decisions they subsequently make. Be that which lies to ...more
Yvonne Davies
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When siblings Peter and Bessie became orphans, they thought they would be looked after. Robin was an intelligent sensitive teenager who wanted to better himself.
As I am writing this review, this story is still affecting me. I love dark reads but I found parts of this book a difficult read and there were times I had to take a break. Saying that this heart-breaking subject matter was written sensitively and I knew that I wanted to finish this story as I wanted to know how their lives worked out.
Jessica Belmont
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosebrook Chronicleswas a challenging read for me. The subject matter was heart-breaking, and the writing was so well done that there were parts I needed to take a break from. That being said, this book is absolutely incredible. Helen J. Christmas handles this book with care, and draws you in. Though I took breaks, I always came back, needing to know what happened to these people.

I’m having trouble writing this review, because the stories are still on my mind. I loved the way each child was
Rose
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this prequel to the ‘Same Face Different Place’ series, which gives us the back stories of some of the characters. With a sure-footed sense of time and place, the author takes us on an exhilarating journey, examining some challenging moral issues along the way. Her sensitive handling of the long-term effects of childhood abuse is particularly impressive, and she never fails to tap into the depths of her characters’ emotions. The way all the stories weave together was also very ...more
Sue Wise
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book by Helen J Christmas, great storytelling and the chain of events that develops is all linked to Helen's superb series Same Face Different Place. It really is talented writing and I would recommend her books every time. Strong characters and very believable, in fact you get so immersed in each story line you just don't want it to finish. This lady has a gift for writing and I cannot wait for her next book. A Must Read in my opinion . Well done Helen 5 stars!
Rosemary Noble
Jul 23, 2019
Ami-May
Jul 12, 2019
Nari--MedievalPrincess
marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2019

• Rage
  • The Sentinel's Alliance (Silent Sea Chronicles, #3)
  • The Unlikely Occultist: A Biographical Novel of Alice A. Bailey
  • Duality (Lies and Misdirection, #5)
  • The Ruined Land
  • Feed Thy Enemy
  • The Beltane Choice (#1, Celtic Fervour Series)
  • Injections of Insanity: A dark and gritty crime series that pulls no punches (DI Sterling Book 3)
  • Two Tides To Turn
  • The Colour of Death (Colours, 1)
  • Angenga: The Disappearance Of Time
  • Love's Long Road
  • Carved in Bone (Henry Rios Novels #2)
  • The Silence of Severance (DCI Michael Yorke #3)
  • SLOW DRiP: First in a series of heart-racing thrillers
  • The Sentinel's Reign (Silent Sea Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lost Sentinel (Silent Sea Chronicles #1)
  • Dead & Talking: A Porter & The Gliss Investigation
Powerful sagas with great characters are the stories I most love to write and my own series 'Same Face Different Place' promises to be a real page turner. Set around the counties of London and Kent, in England, the story takes place across 4 decades.

The first book, titled Beginnings is a fast paced thriller set in the dark criminal underworld of 1970s London, of 2 young people caught up in a