Start by marking “Becoming his Mistress (Zanetti Famiglia #2)” as Want to Read:
Becoming his Mistress (Zanetti Famiglia #2)

Becoming his Mistress

(Zanetti Famiglia #2)

As an Underboss for the Zanetti famiglia, Arlo Zanetti has agreed to marry for duty rather than love. In fact, he abhors the woman he’s forced to walk down the aisle with.

However, duty and the famiglia mean everything to him. He’s not a man that skirts his responsibilities, even to his own detriment.

That is, until he sets his sights on Elenora Lewis. She’s everything he’

To ask other readers questions about Becoming his Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming his Mistress

Start your review of Becoming his Mistress (Zanetti Famiglia #2)
Ana Laura
Update: Evoking petty emotions such as anger, anguish and disappointment in any corner conversation in a neighborhood it's something possible and easy to do. Now a GOOD WRITER is intriguing and creative. Write about sexist, paternalistic and misogynist patterns? Nop, this has been written for centuries. This is just lazy and stingy. Nothing new here.

I'm sorry, but any woman who finds this ridiculous shit acceptable or thinks this is love ?! Deserves to have an equal. If it was a fake wedding?
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The blurb had me at "marry for duty rather than love" and I knew I knew I had to read it. She was forbidden in every way because his loyalty is to The Famiglia -yet he couldn't help himself still took what was forbidden. There many times that I wanted to smack Arlo because he was living a double life that was going to cost him dearly. Lenora knew he was dangerous, forbidden and that she should be scared-BUT she was anything but scared. She felt safe, wanted and loved with Arlo but she could feel ...more
Beeg Panda

wth have I been reading lately...

“Maybe she’s not as strong as I thought she was. If a little gun butt to the head sends her this far into herself, maybe she isn’t the woman I need. I second guess my affection for her.”
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki~

You know how you know you are in the presence of a great storyteller? When you have to remind yourself while reading that this book is fiction not reality. You get so engrossed in the story that you feel like you are in the actual book while events are unfolding. Hayley Faiman is a master storyteller.

Becoming His Mistress is the latest book in the Zanetti Famiglia series by Hayley Faiman. Arlo Zanaetti is marrying for duty rather than love. His duty and responsibilities are everything to
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Hayley Faiman is my only rule breaker when it comes to my love for romance. Honestly she mostly writes what I veer away from (I'm not a fan of OTT angst and cheating but to each their own...) but there is just something about her words, those alphahole heroes, the women that steal their hearts whether they want them to or not, and the emotions she evokes in every book I've read by her that drives me in almost every. single. time.

Becoming His Mistress is the second standalone book in the
Anne Milne
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe I'm slightly twisted but I love a good cheating book so as soon as I saw the title I knew I had to read this book.

Arlo is a man bound by duty to his family and because of that he's getting married to a woman he despises. Lenora is like a breath of fresh air in his dark world and he can't resist her pull. I loved every angst drama filled second of the story. This is a mafia book and Hayley doesn't spare the reader any of the grittier aspects of that life. Arlo makes some questionable
Brandy Roberts
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow another amazing story by a truly talented author Becoming his mistress in book two in the Zanetti famiglia series but can be read as a standalone I do recommend that read the first book though so you can meet the couple. I'm such a huge fan of this author and becoming his mistress is one of my favorites and I can't wait to read more by her and to see more of these characters in the future .
Flo₂₂
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cheating, meh, not-safe
Nessa
Oct 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF.

HAYLEY FAIMAN'S MAFIA STORIES ALL PALE IN COMPARISON TO SOME OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS...but i still keep coming back because I'd like for ONCE to really enjoy a 4 stars (AT LEAST) story from her. WHILE I ADMIT I WAS REELED IN BY THE CHEATING IN THIS BOOK, AND I WANTED TO BE OPEN MINDED ABOUT IT, I FELT LIKE THE HERO DID NOT GROVEL ENOUGH AND THE HEROINE SHOULD HAVE STOOD FIRMLY ABOUT PUSHING HIM AWAY. I was excited as a pup when she was firm not to be a mistress, but it was all hot air when
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hayley Faiman is one of my top favorite authors, as I'm addicted to her writing like I am with coffee in the morning, so I went back & forth how to write this review as I was very conflicted. However, even with all the things that set me the hell off, I STILL couldn't put it down, and that's why I gave it 5 stars. See, Arlo Zanetti is an Underboss in the Zanetti Famiglia, and it's not off the wall for these men to have arranged marriages, as they marry for duty most of the time, and not ...more
Joelle
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in this one going series.The story was filled with romance
intrigue and betrayals and it had a great cast of characters that we absolutely loved and we have to say we loved the twists that we never saw coming.

Arlo's story was a train wreck waiting to happen right from the very beginning and the whole time you waited on pins and needles just waiting for the ball to drop all the while waiting to see how he was going to get out of the mess he created.I have to say we wanted to
Liz
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Becoming His Mistress by Hayley Faiman had me at the blurb and I knew I wanted to read it. Imagine agreeing to a marriage to fulfill a duty only to meet the love of your life afterwards? Arlo Zanetti knows honor and duty to the famiglia is first and foremost. So, when he is asked to enter a marriage of convenience for the benefit of the family, he agrees. Even if he hates the woman he is now committed too.

Then he meets the woman that will take his breathe away and will own his heart. He knows
Xavier Neal
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read if...you enjoy mob/mafia romance, darker themes, twists, and an HEA.

Side Note: Well helloooooo Hayley! She brought it with this one. I immediately fell for Arlo, like school-girl crush levels and his relationship with Elenora was very swoon worthy. While she handled that aspect with grace and sexy sweetness, what I appreciate even more is the way when she didn't cower to deliver the grit that should come with mafia/mob romances. She leaned into it hard. Surprised me. Gave me many
Karolyne
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about Hayley Faiman except she is pure genius! She draws me into her books from page 1 and then doesn't let me go until the final word. I simply love this series (and everything else Hayley has written!), particularly because Hayley can write Mafia/Bratva books like no-one else.

I'm not about to spoil the second installment of this series for you except to say yes, it does involve cheating and yes, Arlo is an arse! So read with caution and an open mind!
Tammy Cole
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this book had me from the very beginning! Going in you know what kind of storyline it is from the title but what I didn't know was the level of angst, how my heart would be racing from chapter to chapter trying to figure out how it was going to all come together! Arlo is a man who is devoted to his Italian mafia family and he'll sacrifice anything for them, even his happiness. That is until he runs into Lenora. The chemistry and the attraction between these two is seriously one of the best ...more
Maggie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
I was so excited when I got my hand on Becoming His Mistress . There was never a dull moment in this fast-paced, drama-filled taboo mafia story. On one hand we have the brewing of a forbidden and adulterous relationship, on the other hand we have the danger and unpredictability brought upon by the nature of the mafia. I was captivated and I couldn’t put the book down until I was finished.

We’ve met Arlo in Becoming the Boss and known that he had to marry someone he hated out of his duty as the
She's a Lip Biter
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The question- ‘Can confession absolve intention to cheat on another person?’ is a good one and something I pondered throughout this story. My first reaction would have have been a hard no but then again with the mafia what is right and what is wrong?

Elenora or Lenora Lewis is a sweet twenty-four-year-old woman who owns and runs a lingerie shop, this is where she meets Arlo or Carlo Zanetti. He is definitely not who he seems but the attraction she feels for him is intense.

Although what Arlo sets
Robyn Corcoran
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog

Elenora or Lenora Lewis is a sweet twenty-four year old woman who owns and runs a lingerie shop, this is where she meets Arlo or Carlo Zanetti. He is definitely not who he seems but the attraction she feels for him
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have not read the beginning of this series, but I am a huge Hayley Faiman fan with her MC series. I did not feel as if I was missing out on information because of this, until the end of the book and it was like information overload with how much is going on. That being said, the book was EXACTLY like the blurb promises, so make sure you read that first if you are not a fan of reading about infidelity, which normally does not bother me.

Arlo is loyal to a fault, the Famiglia is everything to him
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
I knew from the beginning of this book that I was going to want to beat some sense into Arlo. I mean from the title of the book I knew certain things were going to take place that would get a rise out of me.There is so much that happens in this book. There are twist and turns on just about every page, and you will find yourself flipping the pages to see what is going to happen next.
Arlo is a man that lives for the famiglia, and takes his role very serious as the underboss. When he is tasked
Brittany
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! I didn't know it was possible to hate and love a character at the same time! But that's what Hayley Faiman does in her newest release Becoming His Mistress.
Secrets, lies, mystery, and infidelity scatter the pages of this mafia romance. I'm generally not one who reads books with cheating, but Hayley never condones the act; instead, she recognizes the circumstances that cause the situation to happen.
Arlo is impossible to hate, not because he is charming but because he is so loyal it's made
Cris
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I’m fairly certain that Hayley Faiman can’t possibly write a sub par book, she never fails to intrigue! Becoming His Mistress is the second book in the Zanetti Famiglia series and it is fabulous! We met Arlo in book one and I for one was really excited to get his story, he’s such a great character. Lenora is also amazing. She’s sweet and so unlike the women Arlo usually surrounds himself with but the two of them fall quickly for each other. A sweet relationship would be ok, although the ...more
Sarah Dale
I am loving this Mafia series from Hayley Faiman. Just like her MC series I am hooked from beginning to end and becoming quite intrigued and addicted to this Zanetti Famiglia.

Soon as Arlo Zanetti and Lenora meet the connection between them is instant and electric, this is what makes it completely heartbreaking with these two as Arlo is promised to another woman. This isn't a situation they saw themselves being in, and yes I know some people will probably moan and rant about 'Another woman' but
Crystal
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second Hayley Faiman book where I haven’t loved to hate the male hero for most if not all of the book. The title alone lead me to believe that he was going to be “that guy”, a wife and a mistress on the side. I mean who wouldn’t love to hate him! But I just couldn’t help it. I loved to love Arlo from the start. He was sweet, dangerous, and loyal (sometimes to a fault).
Lenora was strong, independent business owner, who was used to taking care of herself. When she met Arlo, he
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
I was so freaking nervous about reading this. I have loved every single book Hayley Faiman has written, but I don’t do cheating and the title of this one alone had me on edge. But I took a leap of faith and put my trust into the fact that Hayley’s writing is always nothing short of phenomenal and I’m so glad I did! Becoming His Mistress pushed me far out of my comfort zone and I flipping LOVED it!
Arlo and Lenora’s story gutted me, healed me, had me on edge, kept me up all freaking night and
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

As this book suggests, our heroine is the “mistress” so for some readers you may be uncertain as you don’t like “cheating” in your books. This books is so well done, do NOT let that stop you from picking it up. This is not your usual “cheating” scenario, it is a realistic part of the mafia lifestyle. Arlo is the underboss, forced to do what is best for the “Famiglia,” even if it means sacrificing his own happiness. Lenora and Arlo are destined for one another but their path is full of
Irene
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arlo is force to marry a woman that he dislikes and doesn’t respect. He finds love with Elenor’s a week before his wedding to another woman. I didn’t like that Arlo wasn’t honest with Elenor’s about his commitment to his wife and the mafia. I enjoyed seeing other characters in past book reappear in this book. I also love reading about how Elenor’s finds out about Arlo marriage and her heartbreak. She such a strong woman with morals and making a hard decision to leave Arlo. The ending of book is ...more
Katherine
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out standing

Becoming his mistress is the second book in the Zanetti famiglia series, there were times in the book where I had to remind myself that it was fiction the storyline and characters had drawn me in so much, I could have happily slapped Arlo and adored Lenora, the bonus book at the end about Chloe and Luca, though short and sweet i absolutely loved it and glad Lenora 's best friend had her happy ending. Can't wait for book number 3 I wonder who it will be about?
Abby
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
I was excited to dive back in to Hayley's mafia world! I loved the chemistry between Arlo and Lenora. I normally don't like an instant chemistry let's start a physical relationship kind of book, but I thought it worked well for this couple. It was believable and palpable. Arlo was hiding a lot of things, but their relationship moved forward despite that. I enjoyed the danger and the mystery surrounding the mob family. I was completely consumed by this story and found myself quickly lost in it. I ...more
Sue
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these Zanetti boys...even when I am totally cussing them out and hating them. Arlo had a lot more redeeming qualities than his boss did in the previous book though (he was married but not a man-whore) and I loved him and Elenora together. She was a bit naïve at times and wanted to live in a fairytale but I felt like she took all that was handed to her with strength, and handled it like a champ. This series keeps getting better and better!

***** 5 ***** "marry for love not power" stars

• Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Becoming His Mistress
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground #7)
  • Demetri, The Volkov Empire
  • Splintered Hearts: Harper & Kain's Story
  • Damage
  • Guts & Glory: Hunter (In the Shadows Security, #3)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
  • Hammer (Evil Dead MC, #10)
  • Bear's Forever
  • The Princess & the Prospect (Aces High MC - Charleston Book 3)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Cold Queen
  • Off-Limits (Sons of the Underground #1)
  • Honor and Redemption (Saint's Justice MC Book 2)
  • Beyond Measure (Ruthless Doms #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Stalk Her
Born and raised in California, but living in Texas and loving every second of it. I married the man that I started dating when I was 16 years old. We have 2 little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

Find me on

Facebook --https://www.facebook.com/authorhayley...

Website -- https://hayleyfaiman.com

Zanetti Famiglia (2 books)
  • Becoming the Boss (Zanetti Famiglia #1)