Start by marking “Vikings” as Want to Read:
Vikings

Vikings

Dare to enter our world
A horde of battle-hardened warriors.
A village at the mercy of its enemies.
A bargain struck for nine fearful and reluctant brides

Delivered into Viking hands, each bride must accept that she belongs to her new master. But, as wedding nights bring surrender to duty, will fierce lovers also surrender their hearts?

The Highland wilderness is savage, life i
Published July 18th 2019 by Historical Harlots

To ask other readers questions about Vikings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vikings

Cheryl
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing introduction to the stories that follow in the box set. It really sets the scene for what is to come. Eithne has assumed the responsibility for their tribe due to her father-in-law’s illness. When marauding Viking boats are sighted, Eithne devises a plan that might save them. This looks to be an exciting series of stories and I’ve preordered the box set. I received a copy via Booksprout and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Rhonda Hicks
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The world building is phenominal. The characters are so full of personality they sometimes feel larger than life and yet they each have their own flaws making them totally relatable. There are several generations within the village which makes the interactions and view points of all so much more realistic. What started off as a bargain between Norsemen and Picts has turned into a full on melding of two societies. Growth and passion as individuals, couples, families and community with all the em ...more
Monique
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely fantastic! I'm not done with my reading but I wanted to get a review out there as quickly as possible. If you enjoy Viking stories, if you like any of these authors, or even to discover a whole new world, you must get this anthology! Even the prologue is worth the cost! It's obviously extremely well researched and sounds entirely authentic, based on the prologue by Ashe Barker and Emmanuelle de Maupassant's story. And the novellas can be read out of order.

PROLOGUE by Ashe Bark
Maggie Whitworth
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋💋
Vikings is a great set of stories , a series , all by different authors, all following on from each other .

It’s About a group of Norse Warriors that marry into a Pict clan full of mainly women .

It’s a great book , but in sections I found it slightly repetitive, that made me miss bits and basically switch off to a certain extent.
Although it’s good , I’m afraid I had to take off a star for the reason above.

It is steamy , tense , addictive and enjoyable.
And if you can get past the repetitiv
Tc
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I read this preamble I wondered how it would play out. Yo be totally honest, I couldn’t stop reading. The characters were / are very strong and totally believable. Storyline is also strong and believable. I can’t wait to see the next instalment, as the beginning is brilliant. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read this. Now for the next!

Sandie McLean Schmelzle
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vikings land to raid a Scottish village. They are met by two women and receive an astonishing proposal. This prequel caught my attention immediately. I look forward to reading the continuing story of how the women's lives change. Wow, the tension was already building.

August 5/19 :
I have now finished the entire book. It did not disappoint. The 9 stories were great. Each of the women's marriages had trials to r
Karen
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vikings Look to Conquer

As with any collection of stories, you get some that are great, some that are okay and some that you just don’t like. I reviewed a few of the stories that stood out - for better or worse. All of the stories involve a village of women, children and the elderly who ask for protection from their enemies and in return, offer some of the single women as wives to the Viking warriors. Although each story is a standalone and involve the same characters, these are individual stori
Nina Campbell
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vikings is a wonderful anthology written by nine different authors, writing nine different stories about a group of Viking warriors who arrive in the land of the Picts at the village of Achnaryrie. The Vikings had planned to pillage and plunder the village of Achnaryrie but when they arrived they were instead offered a deal. The deal was that the Viking Jarl and eight of his warriors would marry members of the village, become permanent working members of Achnaryrie, and stay to protect the villa ...more
Jill  Kirtley
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vikings is a thrilling boxed set of nine books by nine great authors. They’re all set within the same time period, each with different characters. There’re nine hot dominating warriors and their strong, sassy, unyielding brides. With lots of danger, bloodshed, and sexy spanking. What’s not to love!
Carolyn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the Prologue and it is sooo good! I can’t wait to read the rest of this book.
Elaine
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot alpha vikings, strong feisty brides and steamy sex; what is not to love? I really enjoy anthologies where all the books, by different great authors, revolve around a common starting story. Each book makes you feel like you are there in the Pict village in Scotland catching up on all your friends. And yet each book, written by top authors in historical romance and erotica, has a different spin on the story of Viking warriors (not all of them male!) marrying Pict brides (and 1 groom) to settle ...more
Maxine Wilson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vikings is a wonderful read by various authors, usually I would leave it at that but this book was such a great read is deserves the mention of all authors.

Ashe Barker, Felicity Brandon, Lily Harlem, Venessa Brooks, Jane Burrelli, Sasha Daniels, Emmanuelle De Maupassant, Sky Purlington and Gianna Simone.

Well done ladies 👏👏

Sexual content, they are Vikings.

Stand alone

Highly recommend

I bought this book in appreciation of the authors work
C Joy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Update: Review of the full book

I enjoyed the 9 short stories of each Viking and his Pict wife. The first few chapters are the same, only with different points of view and how each couple's story developed. Lust was easy to some but not for the others. All of these have spankings but not all have anal sex, so if you're not into that, you might just find you'll like it, you never know.

My favorite story is of Bjorn and Rhiannon, I loved the battle scene at the end.

Note: I received a free copy of th
Space Cowgirl
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eight Wives👰 For Eight Viking Brothers🐺🔪

And A Viking Warrior Sister👰🔪 for a Pict Man.
When Viking longships pull into the small beach at the Pict village of Archnaryrie, Scotland, 912 AD, there are only women and children there.

The Pict men are all dead but two, and one of them is the old, dying chief. The other is a lame, hateful young man, injured in the constant raids🔪 from another village and bandits👹.

Instead of raiding a village that has nothing, Eithne💃💔, a young widow, talks Brandr🐺🔪🍆⛲,
Janet
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Pict village has suffered from attacks from their neighbours until there are only women, the old & infirm left. Then the Vikings arrive. Eithne bravely goes to the beach to meet them & has an offer to make.
Six Vikings to stay & marry six villagers only Brandr the jarl agrees to the bargain if there are nine marriages.
The prologue sets the scene beautifully for the nine stories to follow, it gives some insight to the village & the villagers also the Vikings I can’t wait to rea
Khrista Baxter
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure!

What a read!! This was the best .99 I have ever spent! Vikings: Nine warrior -hero romance is nothing short of amazing! Each viking has their own novela all of the books are written by a different author and all the books are centered around the same storyline.
The Vikings from Skalens are exploring the lands south of Orkney when they come upon a small Pict village. When getting off their long ships they are greeted in the last way they expect. Two woman are standing on the sh
Lena
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful group of stories!
I loved the start if this story and then be able to follow a lot of the newly wed and how the came together. In the meantime also see how everything got better in the village.
So many interesting characters as Eithne who manage to cut a deal with the Viking Jarl Brandr and Jerrik who was faced to not a wife - Brigid - but also a son he knew nothing about when he got married.
I can go on and on about all the characters and their stories, but it’s better to read it you
Shannon Scamahorn
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited! And I just won't hide it...

Ohhhh my stars! This prolog is an introduction to a new series of books that take place in the same village in thew 13th century. This book brings.to life a world that has danger, conflict, passions, battles of will... Seven women forced to marry seven wild, scarred and unknown vikings, what could go wrong? I just can't wait.

Horsegirl1985
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this novella really set the stage for the upcoming nine romances. Can’t wait to read them! The characters are strong-willed and intriguing. I love the premise and setup. A struggling village of mostly women is desperate for able-bodied men to fight for them and to procreate with. Vikings come to raid and Eithne strikes a pragmatic bargain with the Jarl. There are intriguing aspects of each of the characters even though we are primarily introduced to Eithne andantes Brandr.
Becca
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
WTF!

I swear, if I could give this book no star I would! Just because a woman becomes aroused it does not equal consent! I am disgusted with this! Please do not waste your money on this. The second story has two RAPE scenes and as far as I'm concerned that woman should have succeeded in killing him. Again, please do not spend money on this.
Marie
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marie by: Felicity Brandon
I thoroughly enjoy the authors writing style. The characters are believable, the scenes are beautifully depicted and I cannot wait to read more from the author. I’m adding this author to my must read list.

Christina
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved every last story in this collection. A fabulous read!
Marcia Burke
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! What a prologue! Ashe Barker sets the stage for this anthology beautifully. Her descriptions and imagery clearly make you long for more. When the Vikings sailed in I felt the women's trepidation. I was only barely familiar with Emmanuel De Maupassant and Sky Purington's writing to start with but I was in for a treat. These are exciting stories of brave women, strong Vikings and the perilous times.

Note: I don't particularly read BDSM or enjoy the disciplinary aspect, that aside this was an i
Vivian Allen
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Each author picks up at a new point or point of view in the story line! Builds on the story for the next author, yet there is no copy and paste feel to it. Each ones own flair and creativity is vividly expressed. Alpha male in Viking attire..check ...heroine either ready and waiting or stubborn as hell...check....Rich story....get to meet new authors and their style....check....
Suzannah
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Booksprout sent me the Prologue for this set of 9 books about Vikings. I am definitely intrigued. I love the premise of a destitute village bargaining with a group of ferocious Vikings for their protection instead of their violence. I am looking forward to the rest of the stories in this grouping.
Urszula
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A village full of women and children and some men is struggling to survive. Than the Vikings come. What to do???? Well there is a solution but ...
A well written historical story. Great idea with the plot that left me hunting and waiting for more.

Riley
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is based on the short, little prequel which was well written and showed lots of promise for a very exciting book. I can’t wait to read the rest when it comes out because I already love the plot and the characters.

Sandra Tougas
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic!

An amazing boxed set of super hot Vikings and the women who love them . Of course love wasn't how these stories began and what a whirlwind of emotion and trials to get to the end result. Fascinating characters and excellent storyline. Absolutely loved this Series.
Lisa H
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eithne strikes a deal with an invading Viking.

There is a need for repopulating her village and she elects six women. She bargains for men who won’t abuse her women but doesn’t consider herself a candidate.

Emma
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this box set. It was full of adventure, challenges, skirmishes and hard-won romances. I loved the characters. The were all so very different from one another. The women and the Viking men involved in the arranged marriages brought unique and individual situations, personalities and sometimes hysterical solutions to their problems. I really enjoyed reading this and highly recommend it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Until 2010, Ashe was a director of a regeneration company before deciding there had to be more to life and leaving to pursue a lifetime goal of self-employment.

Ashe has been an avid reader of women’s fiction for many years—erotic, historical, contemporary, fantasy, romance—you name it. Now, at last in control of her own time and working from her home in rural West Yorkshire, she has been able to r
“was not in good shape. Brandr knelt beside his brethren, fearful as he roared at his men for water, all of whom appeared” 0 likes