Start by marking “Thirty-five and Single” as Want to Read:
Thirty-five and Single

Thirty-five and Single

USA Today Bestselling Author, Terri E. Laine, brings a new standalone, funny but sexy novel, Thirty-five and Single.

What can go wrong when you’re getting divorced from your high school sweetheart, it's your thirty-fifth birthday and you have too much to drink?

Throw in the gorgeous neighbor who comes to the rescue when you can't seem to open your apartment door after all
Published July 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Thirty-five and Single, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty-five and Single

Carmen Rae
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: friends-first
I picked this up thinking it was going to be a light and fluffy romantic comedy and wanting exactly that for a lazy Saturday arvo. And as I got further in I wasn't disappointed to discover it had as much drama and emotion as humour.

For such a short book I thought there was a little much going on. I had a moment where I was worried about where it was going but I was so invested in Olivia and everything she was going through I kept going. And I really loved the outcome. All the different aspects
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's not possible to say what I didn't like about this title without spoiling the beginning of the book.

So, I will leave this with saying their connection and attraction didn't ever work for me and that made it a difficult romance to read and enjoy.

I'm not able to recommend this title.
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
When life flips a 180 on your plans and you have to start all over again life is scary!
When you walk in on your high school sweetheart in bed with a woman who is not you, that messes your heart as well as your mind!
And when your 20 something neighbour rocks your world that just blows everything out of the water!

This was the perfect sassy balance of sweet and flirty, a fabulous way to escape into a world of romance without boundaries and barriers. I always fall deeply for the amazing character
Three Chicks
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I loved this book. Maybe it’s because I absolutely loved Joel! Ut it was also the story and the fact that there is an age gap between the two main characters and that is one of my favorite troupes to read.

Olivia is a 35-year-old woman who had recently caught her husband cheating, left ad is trying to start her new life as a single woman. It’s not as easy as one would think. For one, when you have nee with the same man as long as she has, dating becomes completely fo
Ashley
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
cropped-saucy.jpg

***ARC generously provided by Author/Publisher for an honest review.***

Storyline: 4
Characters: 4
Hotness: 4
Overall Rating: 4

I’ve read multiple books by Terri E Laine and enjoy the characters she creates and the stories she builds. I like that she gives her characters quirks and imperfections, making them more real and providing more depth to their character development.

Her latest novel, Thirty-Five and Single centers around Olivia and her coming to terms with being divorced and single at thi
Jan
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
An older woman and a younger man romance.

Olivia is 35, divorced from an ex-husband who cheated on her and she's now finding herself again as a single woman, of course, Olivia finds her friendly 27-year-old neighbor Joel who she fast became friends with very attractive but because he is younger she doesn't let her mind go there, the problem is her sisters are pushing her to enjoy the single life more and move on and Joel believes age is a number and he wants Olivia, in fact, he makes it his miss
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, copa-nyc
Funny, short, and sweet, I couldn’t put this book down. Olivia’s a 35-year old going through a painful divorce. She’s attracted to her (hot AF, younger) next door neighbor but feels awkward about her attraction. After all, women who like younger men are creepy cougars, right? In pushing him away- to other women no less!- she discovers how much she really wants him.

The heroine’s running commentary and close friends were great. The hero was sweet and swoony. A lighter, thoroughly enjoyable read t
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Olivia never imagined that at 35 she would be divorced and single, and bring into the mix interfering sisters and a hot younger neighbor, Joel, and life is about to change. This is a beautifully written story which is humorous, witty, sweet, passionate, and sexy with tad angst, twist and complications along the way, and this is an intriguing page turner, which had me hooked throughout. I highly recommend this talented authors’ work for all.
Pamela
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Olivia is 35 and divorced, so she's newly single and feeling like she should date. She ends up drunk at her sister's party and ends up spending a sexy night with her hot, younger neighbor Joel. Olivia can't get over the age gap and repeatedly pushes Joel away. Joel is not one to give up easily and wants to prove to Olivia that age is just a number. This is a sexy, steamy, funny read that I recommend.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Ira
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~4.5 stars~

I think that the only thing that I didn't like about this book, was the fact that it was simply too short. Apart from that it had it all - the drama, the tears, the laughter and the love and to top it off - it also had amazing and interesting characters whose chemistry was great and who made you feel that they belonged together.

Oh, well, the reader knows it loooong before Olivia realizes what really counts and that sometimes, age is really just a number. A character like Joel is matu
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise. Terri is a new author to me and I am glad I took the chance to read this because I devoured it in under 24 hours! I couldn't get enough. It had it all.

Forbidden, age gap, heat, sweetness, romance, twists and turns that I certainly didn't see coming. It wasn't a deep read but it wasn't light. It was somewhere in the middle, and it held enough of an emotional pull and a deeper feel to keep my attention.

Olivia is a recently divorced 35 years old, and her sisters
Cee Cee Houston
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIRTY-FIVE & SINGLE by TERRI. E. LAINE is just one of a few books I’ve read by this author. She’s really good at bringing the characters to life and in this case, highlighting the difference age makes. Or doesn’t according to Joel.
Olivia is newly separated and just dipping her toe in the dating waters she missed out on from being with the same guy all her life. She’s kinda lusted after Joel in secret, but when she gets the chance to make her fantasies come to life she takes it.
She might hav
Thuy Taylor
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Olivia is pretty much starting over after her husband turning her life into a tailspin. She's finding that dating is quite the challenge. But, her hot neighbor and friend, Joel, is there during one of her girls night out with her sisters.

They give into their attraction and Joel is like FINALLY! But, she has an issue with their age gap, she's older and he's 27. She's divorced and in her eyes he's really young and deserves someone younger. This story was a pretty fun read. I've read a few of Ms. L
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,5-5 stars*
I am really loving and enjoying stories where the woman is a bit older than the guy; think it's something refreshing. I really enjoyed the chemistry between the two lead characters Olivia and Joel but also how Olivia was really trying to find her way through single life. Not to mention as I'm at the same age and I sometimes wonder whether true love really exists, it's also one of the reasons I've really loved reading books that can take you anywhere...

Olivia just got out of a serio
Carolyn
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I was in a book reading funk and needed a fun, feel good book to read. This one was just what I needed. Olivia left her cheating childhood sweetheart a year ago and moved next door to Joel, a sexy handsome younger man. They have become friends, eating and working out together. On her 35th birthday Olivia goes out with 2 of her sisters and gets smashed. Joel helps her into her apartment and they end up having a night of passion. She thinks she’s too old for him and ins ...more
Andrea
*Received book for my honest opinion from Give Me Books PR*

Honestly, this book was very raw to me. It was personal because I'm married to my high school sweetheart. Clearly, my story doesn't follow Olivia's story exactly as I am still married to my high school sweetheart. However, I could really imagine myself in her position. The heartache and betrayal she felt.

Joel was such a sweet character. Swoon-worthy! *hearts*

The only complaint I have about this book was that sometimes the scenario or s
Ioanna
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read from Terri E Laine. The storyline had a good build-up it was very entertaining and funny. The characters were literally like the people next door. They were quirky with flaws just like any real person. Their chemistry was evident since the beginning and it was hot!!! It contains some quite emotional scenes but mostly is a light book that can be read at once.
My favorite parts were their intimate scenes and epilogue. I highly recommend it and I will rate it with 4.5 s
Upd
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Omg this book will leave you not only wanting more but will totally make it super awesome to be thirty five and single.

Olivia is thirty five and newly single after she finds her high school sweetheart cheating on her. While she is heartbroken and mopping she has a hot neighbour Joel who is not only good looking, very single and younger.

The more Olivia tries to deny her feeling the more the universe brings them together. There is a lot of drama and emotions in this book.

Joel and Olivia will mak
Becky Rendon
Cougar shaming is not allowed! (But if you do, I just had my claws sharpened!)

This sexy, sweet story is just the happily ever after you were looking for. Thirty-five and Single is a second chance romance with a younger man. It's also chock full of family drama, bad dates, and self doubt.

I never want to be in her shoes but if it happens, I want a Joel of my own!
Jocelyne
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of books written by Terri E. Laine before, and she never disappoints. Her writing is amazing.Thirty-Five and Single is a great older woman/younger man story. Joel and Olivia's story is beautiful, sweet, sexy and fun. They are both great characters, and they share an undeniable and strong chemistry. I love Joel! Impossible to not fall for him! He is an artist, handsome, protective and supportive. The storyline is captivating and intriguing, filled with twists and turns. I lov ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Looking for a heartfelt, emotional, and steamy romance? Then you will get all that and more with Thirty-Five And Single by Terri E. Laine!

This story was EFFING AMAZING! So intense, with amazing feels and a slow, sensual romance that made me feel all swoony and melty inside. Olivia and Joel have just the BEST chemistry! With Olivia being a older woman and Joel being a younger man, this book had a slight forbidden feel to it that was quite compelling and just mad
Kizzy
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Olivia and Joel were cute. I hope we get a book for Rhett, Melissa and Craig :)
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just don’t know where to start on this book. The synopsis was so extremely intriguing that I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it & it didn’t disappoint at all! Olivia, the sweet girl has been hurt & that sexy, sweet Joel is the perfect guy to remind her of her worth. Joel, WOW, he is charming & the sweetest guy, in a bad boy package. The chemistry was so well written & the slow burn was perfect with all the circumstances surrounding this couple. The only negative I have is that ...more
Susan
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I've read a few books by Terri E. Laine previously, so I was looking forward to Thirty-Five and Single. As a woman who is no longer in her twenties (haha!), I like when my characters are a little older. And knowing that Olivia was falling for a man who is eight years younger? Yes please!

I liked a lot about this book. I liked that it touched on an older woman/younger man. I liked that it really showed Olivia struggle with that decision to be with Joel. I liked how much Joel pursued Olivia.

One t
Andrea
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G…
This novel is sweet and romantic, twisted and complicated, passionate and hilarious… and everything in between….

Olivia and Joel’s story made me feel warm and fuzzy. Both characters feel very genuin and authentic in their train of thoughts and in their acting around each other though sometimes I wanted to shake some sense into Olivia for feeling unworthy of everything good in her life…
I loved the way Ms. Laine built up the tension throughout the plot. Once I started reading, it was almost i
Dana L Stusse
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Received an ARC for honest review**

I always look forward to Terri's next book and this one hit a home run with me.

The characters were relatable, witty, engaging and fun while the pace of the story just flowed from page to page. I read this in one self-indulgent evening in the bathtub with the doors closed, lights down, Diet Pepsi nearby and while no Calgon was involved, I was taken away in my imagination.

Ok, let's talk the main male character, Joel, swoony, swoon swoon and come back for second
Mindy Reader
Olivia and Joel were the sweetest couple❤

Olivia was a 35 year old woman who were still struggling to move on after separating from her husband and childhood love who cheated on her. I could feel and angst and heartbreak that Olivia went through. Can you imagine your first love (first and only everything) cheating on you multiple times? Corey was not portrayed as an evil ex. He was a sad and desperate man who went through with unforgivable actions. It would have been easy for this author to turn
Liv
3.5 Stars

Although I’m usually not a fan of age-gap stories, I wasn’t bothered by the age difference in this book because both characters were already adults and the gap was not even a decade. It was also mostly a lighthearted, easy and fast read. I enjoyed it a lot but it took me a while to get into it at first.

The Story:
Instead of starting a family with her husband like Olivia planned to do, she found herself childless with thirty-five and divorced to a cheater. After her birthday celebrati
Nora Fresse
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terri E. Laine brings all the feels in this fantastic, age-gap romance. I love a story that wreaks havoc on my emotions and this author usually does this beautifully with her stories.

Olivia is thirty-five and finds herself separated from her cheating husband. Joel is her hotter than hot twenty-seven year old neighbor who has been biding his time to ask Olivia out. They become very good friends during the time they’ve lived next door to each other. On her birthday, they unexpectedly hook up and
DrivenbyBooks
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,5-5 stars*
I am really loving and enjoying stories where the woman is a bit older than the guy; think it's something refreshing to read. I really enjoyed the chemistry between the two lead characters Olivia and Joel but also how Olivia was really trying to find her way through single life. Not to mention as I'm at the same age and I sometimes wonder whether true love really exists, it's also one of the reasons I've really loved reading books that can take you anywhere...

Olivia just got out of
« previous 1 3 next »
Terri E. Laine, USA Today bestselling author, left a lucrative career as a CPA to pursue her love for writing. Outside of her roles as a wife and mother of three, she’s always been a dreamer and as such became an avid reader at a young age.

Many years later, she got a crazy idea to write a novel and set out to try to publish it. With over a dozen titles published under various pen names, the rest