Start by marking “The Emerald Heart of Courtenay” as Want to Read:
The Emerald Heart of Courtenay

The Emerald Heart of Courtenay

The moment her father takes his final breath, Sarah Courtenay becomes the sole heir of her family’s sprawling castle—and something far more unexpected. For on his deathbed, Lord Courtenay left his daughter a cryptic message: a dark curse will fall upon the house should Sarah fail to obtain and protect a priceless treasure. Sarah’s astonishment upon discovering the carefull

Published July 1st 2019 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Emerald Heart of Courtenay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Emerald Heart of Courtenay

Cathy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is probably my favorite Anita Stansfield novel ever! The way she wrote her characters, plot, and setting just combined to make the perfect book. I didn’t want to put it down!

This whole book is written through the eyes of Sarah Courtenay. Sarah’s father dies in the first chapter. And it isn’t much after that that the reader learns that her father was killed. And there’s some concern that Sarah will be next. I loved the way the author did this. It just created enough suspense that the re
Rachel DeVaughn
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several of the author's books (and loved them!) but this one wasn't one of my favorites unfortunately. It was pretty slow moving throughout most of book so I had a hard time staying interested.

I liked the main characters especially Sarah and the story line was fairly interesting. There was definitely some intrigue and suspense during the book as we as readers are left wondering who poisoned Lord Courtenay, why is the sword so important, and who is trying to harm Sarah??

I received a
NaDell
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was able to read a preview copy ahead of the July 1st release of this book.
I was hooked in with the story, but most of the book was very slow moving and even a little bit repetitive. The titles for the chapter headings gave away what was about to happen too (along with the blurb on that back that took about halfway through the book to get to something new).
Did the characters have personalities? Oh, yeah! I loved the characters and their very real qualities.
So while I liked the story itself, i
Shauna
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so adored this story! With a handsome man as her protector and her best friend in tow, the maiden must flee for her life. But, when trouble follows her, she realizes she needs to face the killer and claim her rights as heir of Courtenay. You will be surprised at the twists in this story and where the "emerald heart" lays. AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL!
Heidi
When Sarah's father dies from a sudden illness, she has no idea that he's been murdered. When she learns that he was poisoned and that it might be related to a family heirloom that her father just barely revealed to her, she's not sure what to do. When some of those closest to her insist on hiring a bodyguard for her, in case she to is a target, she's not happy about it. But another tragedy makes it clear that she is indeed at risk. She doesn't expect to fall in love with her new bodyguard or fe ...more
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
I want to start by saying that I loved the story...the intrigue, the slow budding romance, and the mystery surrounding this priceless treasure. Sarah and Darius were strong characters that I found easy to like. That said, I felt that a lot of the story was the author telling us what was happening or had happened, not showing us. There were parts that I could have skipped altogether because it was so slow moving and nothing was happening at all. Overall, I loved the story itself, I just felt like ...more
Lindsey
There were lots of things I liked about this book, like that the characters got to know each other before they got married 😂 and a couple of twists I didn't see coming...but I really wished that the narrator would have stepped back and let us have more direct interaction with the characters. It felt like things were usually being explained ( maybe to keep things shorter?), but I felt I like it made things repetitive ( the narrator explaining how the character was feeling, then the character actu ...more
Charity Jacob
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anita Stansfield was once my favorite author but lately her books seem to be dragging and dull, but her latest had me intrigued from the very beginning. The Emerald Heart of Courtenay helped give me hope that her writing is getting good again, for I was glued to this book. It is different from anything I’ve seen her write. A romance with a subplot of mystery. In fact, I didn’t see the ending coming. It was brilliant.

Former Anita fans should give this book a try and any romance readers in general
Sydney
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the cover to the turn of the first page, readers will find Anita Stansfield’s novel The Emerald Heart of Courtenay intriguing. There are times in the novel where it feels like the story is not really moving along, but eventually it picks up as the plot thickens. This story is filled with plenty of danger, mystery, and secrets to keep them wondering. The characters and interesting plot definitely help keep the story moving along. An enjoyable light read for those that enjoy regency romance.

G
Barbara
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An idyllic existence except for the small problem of a murder and death threats. Maybe I'm just a fiction snob, but this one didn't capture my imagination.

Most of the book focuses on the pleasant visit with David and Daphne. It's restful in that sense and would probably make a great fluffy beach read.
Kathryn
Beginning was slow going, then it picked up speed and interest about page 150 as the plot thickened with danger, mystery, and the mutual interest of the characters and their secrets.

Someone is trying to kill the courtenay family off, but why?
Abbie Butcher
Started out boring, took awhile to pick up, then just when it got exciting, it ended just like that. Could've easily had another 100 pages of build-up to the catching of the criminal, and a better fight scene. Would not read again.
Debra England
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A totally awesome read

I am a total fan of Anita Stansfield. I think I have read every book she has written. This book was so different but she still has a way of never leaving you uninterested in the story. Loved it!
Cassidy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great set of well developed characters, sweet budding romance and an interesting mystery to solve. Overall I loved the storyline but it moved along a little too slowly.
Cheri
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book, and really liked the story and narrator.
Cassie Johnson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so boring. There was a surprising lack of action/conflict for a book about murder.
Robert
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed listening to this book.
Patricia Pettingill
I loved the story line but found the internal dialogue repetitive.
Amanda
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved.
Jana
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Clean romance mystery. Fun book!
Lydia
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the essence of story, but it dragged a bit in the middle
Chris
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful story!
Marcy
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story!
Jan
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Slow, boring and predictable - very weak plot and repetitive dialogue. I couldn’t have finished it but was listening to the audio book while working my garden .
Michael
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very slow start and rather predictable story line.
Jana
Aug 03, 2019
Caroline
Jul 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues