Start by marking “The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family” as Want to Read:

The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family

Delight your family's palate with a rainbow of delicious, plant-based dishes!

Have an array of mouths to feed? Stubborn preteen, picky toddler, or a spouse skeptical of anything labeled “vegan”? The Colorful Family Table is here to help.

Certified health coach, plant-based food blogger and author of The Colorful Kitchen Ilene Godofsky returns with more than 90 all-new

Published December 3rd 2019 by BenBella Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Colorful Family Table by Ilene Godofsky Moreno
    Release date: Dec 03, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 30 copies of The Colorful Family Table!

About the book: Delight your family's palate with a rainbow of delicious,

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 30 copies available, 1538 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 03 - Dec 25, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Colorful Family Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Colorful Family Table

Start your review of The Colorful Family Table: Seasonal Plant-Based Recipes for the Whole Family
    Janet
    When a super-speed reader doesn't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Delight your family's palate with a rainbow of delicious, plant-based dishes!

Have an array of mouths to feed?
    Alicia Bayer
    Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I enjoyed the seasonal aspect of this plant-based cookbook, and loved the fact that a professional photo accompanied every recipe (other than the staples at the end). The author is likeable and chatty, and she gives a little blurb about each recipe.

As a mother of young kids, Moreno focuses on healthy but approachable foods that kids are likely to enjoy. That said, these are definitely better suited to young kids who have grown up eating this way or who are too young to know better. That
    Annie
    Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    Originally published on my blog Nonstop Reader.

The Colorful Family Table is a cookbook and plant-based tutorial with family friendly (and colorful) recipes by Ilene Godofsky Moreno. Due out 3rd Dec 2019 from BenBella books, it's 256 pages and will be available in ebook and paperback formats.

These recipes are arranged around (mostly) locally available seasonal ingredients. As such, with variations in growing and crop maturation differences, some adjustments for locally available produce will
    Deanna Nowlin
    Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I really liked this cookbook. I liked it enough that I ordered her cookbook The Colorful Kitchen.

I tried a variety of her recipes and was pleased.

1. Ingredients: Many of her recipes have a lot of ingredients, but she almost never includes anything that would not be in a well stocked vegan pantry or fridge. Basic grains, beans, nuts, fruits, and veggies are included in the recipes. Most of the time, I have the ingredients.

2. Ease of preparation. Really easy. A few minutes of prep time, and I am
    Natalie Gardner
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Wow, I was so impressed with this cook book! I found it really easy to follow and loved the bright, vibrant food photographs. The ingredients used were readily available and easy to get hold of – which is often a problem with some recipe books I find, which include a variety of weird and wonderful ingredients.. I found the recipes were also really family friendly which was great to see. I found quite a few I know the boys will enjoy.

One of the other great features for me was the seasonal
    Carro Herdegen
    Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
    Shelves: kiss-the-book
    Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: G; Violence: G
    Moreno’s life has a lot to do with food as she is a health coach, recipe developer, food blogger, and food photographer. In this cookbook, she shares her ideas for healthy eating with each recipe -- recipes that are beautifully illustrated with her own photographs in such a way to make you race into the kitchen to try them yourself.
    I like balance in my diet, and I often eat a little of everything. Moreno’s recipes are vegan friendly,
    Alexandra
    Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Happy pub day to this cookbook!

If anyone knows me, they know I hate vegetables. That being said - I know I need to start liking more vegetables. This book is the way to it!!

This book is organized by season and which recipes are great for that season. I love the classic recipes with a new take on them (like cauli-broc tater tots!)

I made the smoky Brussels chips (and I HATE Brussels sprouts) and they were delicious. The author claimed that she had her picky toddler chanting "more Brussels!" &
    Ashley Hite
    Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
    Blogger and healthy eating guru Ilene Godofsky Moreno returns with her new book The Colorful Family Table. This cookbook is full of healthy vegetarian/plant-based recipes for the whole family. She has some good options that will appeal to the young and old palates in the family. Since she is catering to a younger demographic the ingredients and spices are very basic. She says that she has left the recipes a lot more kid friendly when it comes to flavors and spices but I wish the recipes had ...more
    Paul McDaniel
    Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I loved reading The Colorful Family Table! Everyone, no matter their tastes or cooking style, will find lots of great recipes and advice within the book. I truly found it hard to quit reading despite having to go to sleep! The book's recipes are sorted out by seasons which is excellent in helping identify fresh in-season meal ingredients! The introduction section is a must-read providing a large amount of knowledge! The recipe photos are vivid and the recipes are perfectly explained! The ...more
    Natasha Brown
    Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: cookbooks
    I received a digital Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this! I have an entire house full of picky and stubborn eaters, and being able to discover delicious foods that we all can enjoy was "perfect". I'm not a chef. As a matter of fact, I'm not even the cook in the family, so I appreciated that these were all simple recipes that I could cook, and spend a lot of time in the kitchen! If you are looking for kid-friendly recipes, and have
    VeganGlambertQuestie
    Zoe
    Lori Piscicelli
    Jodie Marie

• The Bad Place
    • If I Don't Make It, I Love You: Survivors in the Aftermath of School Shootings
    • Hashtag Authentic: Be your best creative self via your Instagram online presence
    • 34 Years in Hell: My Time Inside America's Toughest Prisons
    • The Dinner Party
    • The Princess who Flew with Dragons (Tales from the Chocolate Heart, #3)
    • Some Places More Than Others
    • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
    • Beyoncé: Shine Your Light
    • Sassafrass, Cypress & Indigo
    • Fresh Princess
    • A Bad Case of Stripes
    • Brave Ballerina: The Story of Janet Collins
    • For colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf
    • The Crucible