Jump to ratings and reviews
She went against their rules. And now she must be punished.

Ophelia Lopez is the most recent scholarship recipient to be admitted to Weis-Jameson Preparatory Academy. A nationally ranked top-fifty 300-meter hurdler, she suspects her recent invitation to WJ Prep has a lot to do with the Academy’s Nike-sponsored Invitational next May.

She couldn’t be more wrong.

When she steps through the doors of WJ Prep, she lands on the wrong side of the Elites who rule the school.

They’ve brought her here to play, ruin, and hurt.

There is a code to follow and a strict order when it comes to engaging with the Elites. They seem intent on ruining the only chance Ophelia has to escape from this hellhole: a college running scholarship. But she refuses to yield to their intimidation, sexual assault, blackmail, and grade tampering.

They’ve messed with the wrong girl.

If she can get the Elites to trust her, to believe they’ve beaten her into submission, she will bring them down from the inside.

Except that the Elite she’s chosen—her worst tormenter, the one she needs to convince the most—isn’t buying her pretty, submissive act. What’s more, their chemistry has been undeniable from the start.

Problem is that, in between moments of severe cruelty and anger, Ophelia glimpses a boy caught in a game, just as she is.

What happens when players get played? Hearts get broken, secrets get revealed, and no one is who they say they are.

Sign up at www.RebelHart.net or text REBEL to 77948 to don't miss this Dark High School Bully Romance!

295 pages, Kindle Edition

First published October 10, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rebel Hart

42 books687 followers
Rebel Hart is an author of Dark and Contemporary Romance novels. Her debut series is a #1 Amazon Bestseller called Diamond In The Rough. It's a High School Bully Romance with five books and a novella. Book one is Play With Me.

Check out her website for a full list of her books:
www.RebelHart.net

Text REBEL to 77948 to don't miss any of her books (US only) or sign up on her website to get an email alert when her next book is out.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 70 reviews
Profile Image for Jena .
1,719 reviews2 followers
November 24, 2021
One of the biggest doormats ever. There is brutal bullying but the tstl h only cares about sexing the Bully/H. Makes me question what these 5 star reviewers were smoking while reading this none sense.
Profile Image for Karen.
5,230 reviews54 followers
October 10, 2019
It was brutal. Ophelia is an innocent idiot girl who is brutalized by an "elite" gang at a prep school. Emmett was part of that gang. He has a few moments of care but he's nasty too.
So if you can believe how stupid this girl is or tough then this is intense stuff. I've read plenty of these "bully" prep school books and this ranks up there for brutality and for victim being dumb.
You'll be like folks in a theater watching a horror movie.....I was the one yelling at the victim to get away while reading a book.
So you'll like it or hate it. It's not my favorite read.
Profile Image for Stephanie.
65 reviews4 followers
October 13, 2019
DNF @ 90%

I couldn't take it anymore. Finishing this book would have been pointless. H was a coward and h was spineless and naive. There was so much abuse in this book. It's more fucked up than a dark romance. I couldn't understand the attraction. There was no seduction or passion at all. He was just like "kiss me" and she's like okay...

I'm sure there are a number of readers that like this book but it just wasn't for me :(
102 reviews1 follower
October 15, 2019
Are you kidding me

I was bitterly disappointed that another female author feels that it is ok to write stories that let young women feel it is OK to be mistreated in every way possible because your hormones tell you that you are attracted to he man. I'm sure that this is what men say when they attack women. Being attracted to a bad boy is completely different to being to an abuser and I can't believe that female are still writing this as if it is acceptable - but then they are American so they are used to men telling them what to do.
Profile Image for Nikitasbookreviews.
564 reviews49 followers
October 10, 2019
Mmm welcome to the dark side! Which is a good place to be 😏
Not kidding as soon as i started this one I totally devoured it!
This one was completely different from Rebel’s other series but let me just say this is definitely worth the read! I loved this one alot!

I had tons of what the hell just happened moments and lots of i want to throw away ly kindle moments!
Wheew yall the emotions up in here had me on a tailspin! Like wtff!
This is definitely on my list of best bully romances that I’ve read so far! I especially love all the hardcore ones that make me feel all the shit in there and this one definitely did that to me!

Also i must says some of the scenes in there was freaking hot as hell lol
Twists and turns galore because in some parts i was like WHAT?!

Wheww okay! That was seriously good! Also that ending! Gahh I seriously need more now! I can’t wait for the next book!
This is definitely a 5 ⭐️ read and i highly recommend it!!
Profile Image for Jodi.
348 reviews2 followers
October 1, 2019
I don’t even have words to describe what I’ve read. What I feel. I’m just. Wow. Numb, maybe? Once again Rebel Hart has knocked it out of the park with her writing. She has the uncanny ability to make the reader feel like everything happening to the FMC is happening to them. I must say I have gone through the spectrum of emotions while reading this book. I often cursed out loud. Shouted questions to the universe like “what are you doing?” “And for the love of God, why?” How dare Rebel Hart make me feel these things and then have Ophelia not do or say what I want her to (insert sarcasm emoji here)?? I honestly didn’t think there was any way that Emmett could be redeemed. It was too much. Too far. Yeah I know bully romance, blah blah blah. But come on! Sometimes it’s too far, right? Some lines once crossed, can’t be, uncrossed? Well, that ending left me scratching my head. I may be wrong on this one. Only time and access to book 2 will tell for sure.

Triggers abound people. If you’re bothered by extreme bullying and physical violence/threats, take a pass on this one.
Profile Image for Cheryl Sedman.
1,083 reviews10 followers
October 1, 2019
Wowzer what can I say other that this book is AMAZEBALLS and seriously mind blowing with all the intense action. Ophelia as a character is very strong with everything she's goes through with the elite, especially Emmett. The scenes between the two of them are crazy, hot and heavily intense. Which will keep you gripped and your mind blown throughout the book not knowing what will happen.

Rebel Hart with this book has not only created a freaking amazing read which is full of action and various twists you won't see coming. That she has also managed to create a heavy and intense bully romance that will knock your socks off. So be warned it's heavy but you won't be disappointed.

Warning only their for people who don't like alot of bullying. But as above you won't be disappointed with this book the ending is epically written to blow your mind
Profile Image for Taylor.
150 reviews4 followers
October 10, 2019
At first I didn’t think I’d be able to get into Ophelia and Emmetts story but after the first few chapters I was hooked! Then things started to seem rushed. Knowing what I know now I think the book could’ve made the conflict last a little longer to give the story a bit more time to develop. Also, with the way O just gives in to Emmett and doesn’t care about the bullying or need to have him make things right bothered me, but I was glad to see her stand up for herself in the end against him. The book overall was good, I just think this plot was a little rushed to get the main story started? I’m excited to see where the story goes now and hopefully the next book flows a little better.
Profile Image for Adriana.
1,292 reviews142 followers
October 19, 2019
Loved this one can't wait for the next in the series
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Amy M..
564 reviews19 followers
June 17, 2020
This book draggggggged. There was a lot of skimming involved in the reading of this book. I liked what the book was about but there was wayyyyyy too much fluff. There was too much repeating and explaining. This book is told in the heroines perspective. She was so back and forth with her feelings. Plus the writing sounded juvenile at times. Ohhhh and we get a cliffhanger at the end. I’m debating whether to stop here and not know what’s going to happen. Do I really care what happens with this couple?
Profile Image for Heather Kerby.
616 reviews6 followers
October 12, 2019
This was supposed to be Rebel's Hart debut novel, but do to circumstances beyond her control this book had to be put on hold as she came out with Play With Me.

Let me tell you that this was soooo worth the wait for her to get it just right, and make it everything she wants it to be. Rebel's writing in this book brings the reader right into the story from the beginning. You want Ophelia to end up on top, and come out the winner. Her road is long and rough. She is constantly questioning herself when dealing with her feelings for Emmett. She knows he is the bad guy, but why does he feel so good? The chemistry that is woven between Ophelia and Emmett is electric and I could totally understand when she would cave to her baser desires. While I wanted to smack her upside the head sometimes I could understand why Ophelia made her choice. Rebel definitely has the heart of a teenager as she writes her books. She brings the angst, heartache, confusion, and feelings to every one of her books.

This book moves fast, and I was definitely left wanting more. I can't wait to see what book two brings as Emmett and Ophelia deal with the aftermath of the decisions made by their family's.

I received an advanced copy of this book for my voluntary review.
October 9, 2019
I was given the opportunity once again by Rebel, to read one of her new books/series as an arc. I love reading her stories, this one is truly dark. I love Ophelia, Emmett for sure took me by surprise. You know you enjoy a book, by wanting to read more but mine is when my stomach churns to know more. I love the darkness, this story brings to pages. As Rebel promised her arc readers, it’s going to be a lot darker than the debut series she has written; I believe it. I am truly excited to read more into Emmett and Ophelia as a whole. This is an amazing book, I would recommend! The intensity between Ophelia and Emmett was quite entertaining and thrill-seeking. I hope Ophelia realizes Emmett is there to help her, they’re connected in a messed- up way. As Rebel leaves us on another cliffhanger, I know I’ll get more and I am glad to be able to do this for her.
Profile Image for Kbsblogging and reviews .
341 reviews15 followers
October 4, 2019
Rebel hart blew me away with this book.
This is my second book I've read by this author and it wont be my last.
I was hooked from the start. I couldnt put it down.
Rebel keeps you at the edge of your seat. It's a dark and gritty journey that you go on.

Ophelia gets a scholarship to wj prep academy.
It is run by the elites. I didn't like the elites I wanted to throttle them.
Her first day/week didn't go so great they were bullying her.

Bennett is the leader of the elites and set his sight on ophelia.
He was a major a*sehole and I wanted to slap him for all the crap he did to her.
They were attracted to each other. What she went through was hard to read at time because I was yelling at my kindle.
This book was fantastic I loved every minute of the ride I was on.
Thanks rebel for this great book.
I highly recommend this book.

Profile Image for Charlotte.
420 reviews1 follower
January 7, 2020
Oh wow... this was a fantastic read.
Now i didnt read the blurb... i had no idea this was a very dark twisted romance.... i just saw the cover and i love rebels writing style iv'e read all her previous books so i grabbed it.

I started reading and got to a certain point and though, oh my goodness i was not expecting this. It's twisted, severe bullying a complete mind f**k... but good was it good.

Ophelia's story is heart wrenching. I loved her she is just awesome. She is a resilient character. We see major strengh in a completely sh***y situation.
I thought Emmett was an absalute dick, however im swaying. I'm kinda rooting for him. He's just a lost boy.

Again we see some fantastic writing from Rebel. Im so glad to have read this book and can't wait for Emmetts Novella book 1.5 and the release of book 2 Broken Rules in novemeber 2019.

5 star read from me. Superb.
Profile Image for Kate Bailey.
Author 9 books286 followers
October 2, 2019
What the heck did I just read? Omg! Rebel Hart has taken me on a wild, roller coaster ride of suspense and tension and heat and so many secrets my brain was spinning to keep up. Who's the good guy? Who's the bad guy? I loved every word of this book! The characters were so well developed. I hated some and loved others. And others had me so twisted up I didn't know whether to love or hate them. Ophelia is caught up in a web of secrets and lies and there seems to be no way out. The plot was unique and fast paced and I COULD NOT STOP READING! I can't believe the cliffhanger at the end of this book. I need more NOW!
Profile Image for Joy.
218 reviews5 followers
October 3, 2019
Wow. This emotionally charged dark Romance was fantastic. Emmett and Ophelia meet in rather peculiar circumstances and re meet again in even more bizarre circumstances. Everything is not as it seems, as they fight attraction and enemies from various different sides. Will they conquer or will they fall? I highly recommend you read this fantastic book to find out. Ends on a cliffhanger of sorts. This is a fantastic 5⭐️ read!
Whew.
Ophelia & Emmett have a super intense story. They come together like fire & gasoline, leaving devastation in their wake.
This story is significantly darker than some of a Hart’s other work, but I was so glad to see it.
The escalation, the torment, it was all there.
Another cliffy for us all, but hopefully we won’t be hanging too long. While some things did get wrapped up in this book, I’m anxious to see where exactly their story is heading.
Profile Image for Dirtyditty.
240 reviews7 followers
October 11, 2019
One of the best books I’ve read this year!5⭐️+

I ship Ophelia & Emmett so hard 🥰. OMG this was such a great read. Bully read done right the angst and the push and pull between the two main characters wow ! Out of this world so well written. I am dying for the next book in the series though I can’t wait to see where Rebal Hart takes this! By far my favorite book she has written to this point! Going on my top 10 reads of the year list ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Profile Image for Alycia.
56 reviews19 followers
October 2, 2019
I’m hooked on Rebel’s writing. I love the Promise Me series. So it was different reading this story. I absolutely loved it because it is wasn’t your typical bully to lover book. There were things that made it so different. Which made me not want to put the book down. I can not wait to continue to read their story!
Profile Image for Katherine Sherlock.
441 reviews3 followers
October 3, 2019
I have been waiting for this book to become available since I read the first couple of chapters on Rebels website. Rebel as created a freaking amazing read which is full of action and various twists you won't see coming. That she has also managed to create a very heavy and intense bully romance that will knock your socks off. So you have been warned, you won't be disappointed.
Profile Image for Jennifer Richey.
1,987 reviews
May 5, 2020
This book is like wow way Dark and also a bully romance but the elites holds secrets but when miss nobody comes to town on a scholarship could she ruin the elites? The chemistry between Ophelia & Emmett even tho they fight it is extremely hot! This book you really should read it’s hands down a roller coaster ride!
Profile Image for Catherine Dimmock.
357 reviews2 followers
January 23, 2020
First book I have read of this author and I was blown away. some bully books I can't get into but this is just amazing cant wait to read next book. And go back and read her others.
A new author for me that will be in my favourites.
Profile Image for Michelle Hillstrom.
Author 10 books72 followers
February 29, 2020
Couldn’t even make it through the first chapter. The h was so unlikable and there were already inconsistencies in character descriptions. One page the H’s eyes were light and two pages later they were dark.
Profile Image for Kori Dicken.
485 reviews10 followers
October 7, 2019
Loved this book! It's dark for sure, but you can't help but pull for the bully to have his happily ever after when there is so much lust and chemistry between the two!
Highly recommend
107 reviews
September 7, 2020
Que libro horrible.
La historia es un poco cliché, pero tiene mucho detalles totalmente incoherentes.
Por empezar, son chicos que van a la preparatoria y se comportan como gansters, son muy violentos para ser menores de edad.
La protagonista femenina roza la estupidez, se enamora perdidamente de un chico que no hace ni una cosa buena hasta el final del libro y ni siquiera es tan buena. La acorrala, la aprieta, deja que le peguen mientras él mira tranquilo, la toca sin permiso, todo lo malo lo hace, pero ella no puede controlar sus hormonas. Es demasiado.
Se tocan temas serios, como red de tráfico humano y pedofiloa y los protagonistas ni se espantan por esos negocios de sus padres, al contrario, trabajan para cuidarlos. Es asqueroso. Cuando Ophelia se entera del negocio de los padres de los elites, ni se molesta, ella sólo piensa en Emmet *eye roll*
También en momento se toca la violencia contra la mamá de Ophelia, el padre la golpeó una vez, y la madre misma le dice que no fue nada, que seguramente no quiso lastimarla, o sea, QUE?!?
La violencia de género es un tema muy serio como para abordarlo de una manera tan mala, o encuentro otra palabra.
En fin, es malísimo el libro, totalmente cliché asique si evitan leerlo no se van a perder de nada.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Charlie Chapter.
358 reviews25 followers
October 7, 2022
WTF did I just read?

I thought I would give a higher rating for this over-the-place book because it had potential, but damn. I thought Ophelia would have a redeeming quality towards the end of the first book, but I was sorely disappointed.

I could probably write an acrostic poetry describing Ophelia because she was a doormat and I was frustrated at her for the whole time I was reading this book. I thought she was a badass bitch, turned out she was just a hormonal teenager.

Obtuse as a triangle, Ophelia is her name
Pansy human worse than an effeminate male
Hormonal teen who easily succumbs to a bully dick
Expendable heroine and a fighter wannabe
Lovely as she might be but a total
Idiot, need I say more?
Annoying heroine, I should have seen this coming
24 reviews
April 14, 2022
terrible

This is possibly one of the most implausible books I have ever read and I read knock knock.
The idea is good, the writing is ok if a little repetitive, rambling and way too many inner monologues of feeling we know over and over.
The first few chapters are spent detailing not bullying but extreme acts of sadistic violence that would be more suited to a horror film. This books sole purpose is to make you angry and annoyed. The possibility of her continued attraction to Emmett is preposterous.
I’ve read plenty of ‘Dark’ books but this isn’t dark it’s just absurd.

I really advise against reading this book unless you like misogynistic tripe
Profile Image for Stephanie.
148 reviews
January 9, 2023
Good story!!

I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book because of some reviews! As always I give a book a chance. This nook is dark teen romance and yes the LI Emmett was cruel to Ophelia. But he had his reason. Ophelia was strong in all she been through and I like the story plot of this book and will read to see what happens. I gave this book 4 stars because of the story and how the romance the is building between the two!! I put this in all My reviews by stating yes this book may not be for everyone but give this a book a chance and form your own opinion!!
Profile Image for Haylee Wolsey.
128 reviews1 follower
November 23, 2020
3.5 ⭐️ This is beyond a high school bully romance. So much going on in this book. Poor Ophelia gets a scholarship to attend a prestigious rich private high school. Her presence isn't taken well by the rich kid clique the Elites. Ophelia uncovers there is more than meets the eye to her acceptance at the academy. The story has mystery,kidnapping, assault, and one messed up abusive romance.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 70 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.