Start by marking “Game Changer: A Parkwood Mystery” as Want to Read:
Game Changer: A Parkwood Mystery

Game Changer: A Parkwood Mystery

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  25 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Hollie Bisbee used to be a big-city crime reporter. Now, she’s a small-town journalist, and she’s bored. She and a young mom, talented baker Daisy Mueller, start the Knock ‘Em Dead podcast…”Where murder and muffins meet!” It’s all fun, games, and baking tips until real murder comes to Parkwood. The coach of a rival football team turns up dead―the victim of a hit-and-run in ...more
Paperback
Published January 7th 2020 by Hallmark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Game Changer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Changer

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Game Changer: A Parkwood Mystery
Shelly
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Quick, witty, conversational and entertaining! A Parkwood Mystery from Hallmark Publishing Is an enjoyable start to a new cozy mystery series. I can't wait to see what else is in store for podcast duo and amateur sleuths Daisy and Hollis.
Amber
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, publisher, and netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Hollis Bisbee discovers a murder at the High School homecoming game where she is covering the new hot dog machine at the concessions stand, she decides to figure out who did it. Can she and her friend Daisy solve the mystery of who killed the football coach before its too late? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good cozy mystery and my first ever
JoAn
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
Game Changer by Jennifer Brown is a cozy mystery that is the first in a new cozy series.

The plot is quickly paced and there were several suspects that often stood out thanks to red herring clues. Hollis is new to Parkwood and hasn't adjusted yet to living in a small community after leaving Chicago. Her thoughts were often on her past as an investigative reporter in Chicago and the ex-boyfriend that she left behind. Daisy is a native of Parkwood and the mother of several children. The podcast
Tracy Fritts
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgallery
The Games Changer is an fun, Intersting, murder mystery. Its wonderful written. Has a really good storyline. I truly enjoyed reading about the characters. Its a page turner and kept my interest throughout the story. I look forward to reading more stories by this author.
I read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book All thoughts and opinions are of my own. Thank you NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing for letting me read this story.
Anjana
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series featuring an investigative reporter who has had to relocate to a small town due to cutbacks. She is not really resenting her seemingly trivial stories, but an unsettled feeling is starting to creep up on her when we first get introduced to her. Life, in general, has been good for her other, all except for her job. This last thing might just be picking up as she wants to start a podcast with her new best friend. Things do not turn out the way she expects at ...more
Annabel
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
So this was my first cosy mystery and I loved it! I can't wait to see what will happen next with this duo!
Randi Sampson
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I love a good action packed, high stakes suspense... sometimes I just need a little cozy mystery. They have everything I love about the mystery and suspense genre (a good ol' whodunnit, usually a little romance, etc)... but they also have a lightheartedness about them as well... somehow they manage to keep such a heavy topic as murder from becoming too dark. Oftentimes, you will find that my TV is set to Hallmark mysteries for just that reason. So, anytime I see a mystery book published by ...more
Jena Henry
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cozy mysteries are a popular genre. If you are not convinced of that, then this is the book that will win your heart. The Game Changer is the first in a new series. Good thing, because this book ended far too soon. The characters in this book are delightful, the town of Parkwood is delightful, and the writing is…delightful!

Parkwood is a small, but proud town and football is a big deal, especially when there’s a homecoming game and Parkwood is playing it’s biggest rival. When the visiting coach
Sandra
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
The Game Changer by Jennifer Brown is a book about a young woman named Hollis who after a job as a crime reporter in a big city, ends up as a journalist for a small town. She is bored with writing about new hot dog machine, gravy recipes and other small town news.
Together with her best friend, young mom Daisy, they start a podcast Knock 'Em Dead where they talk about true crime and delectable sweets.
After one homecoming game, a coach of a rival team is found dead. It appears that it is a hit and
Lori R
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Game Changer was a mystery full of twists and turns. The suspect's list kept growing which made the story even more interesting as I tried to solve the death of the Coach.

Hollis Bisbee is and interesting character. She was used to writing about homicides until she moved from Chicago to Parkwood, Missouri where her stories revolved around food at the Hibiscus restaurant or hot dog roller machines at a football game. Not too exciting for Hollis until she stumbles on a possible hit and run and a
Jerri Cachero
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new Hallmark cozy mystery that's fun and keeps you guessing! Hollis, a former big city journalist and her best friend Daisy, a baker, get more than they bargained for when they start their " Knock Em' Dead" mystery podcast. When a rival high school coach is the victim of a hit and run accident that's later declared a murder, the women must use their talents to bring the guilty to justice.

The characters are likable and relatable and I enjoyed the mystery's pace. Hollis and Daisy are fun to read
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hollis and Daisy are an amazing pair as friends as well as partners. Even though the book is focused more on Hollis, Daisy and her family steal the scene whenever they appear, yielding more than funny moments. Podcasts are great too and very creative mixing crimes and cakes.

I'm used to Jennifer Brown's strong theme books, and it was a pleasant surprise to discover her comic streak in the midst of a police thriller. And with the Hallmark label that I love (I want the movie, ok?).

It was very good
Mary
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first in a new series as a pair of podcasters switch from reporting on murders to actually solving one? Hollis is a former big city reporter turned small town reporter after moving to Parkwood from Chicago and she is adjusting to small town living. Daisy Mueller great baker and mom is her next door neighbor who together they start a podcast called Knock Em Dead to look into cold cases. When a rival football coach is killed in the parking lot after the football game Hollis and Daisy ...more
Rachel
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Game Changer by Jennifer Brown is the first in a new series of a delightful cozy mysteries called A Parkwood Mystery ( I am hopeful there will be more).

This is a quick, witty, hilarious read that I truly enjoyed. I liked Hollie and I liked her even better when she joined forces with her side-kick Daisy. Their chemistry, banter, and interactions awesome.

I enjoyed the plot line, the murder/mystery component, and I felt that every aspect was realistic and plausible.

I truly enjoyed the start
Christi
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another solid mystery series from Hallmark Publishing.

I liked the main characters a lot. I was picturing the Two Broke Girls as Hollis and Daisy.
They are determined, spunky, funny, and real.
The mystery had enough details to make several people suspects.
I liked the small town and the side characters who make up the Parkwood regulars.

I hope there is another installment in this series.

My one quibble - I wish the section dividers were illustrations instead of a photo of a muffin. On a Kindle it
Kim
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I see the Hallmark logo or as listed publisher, I know the book will be clean, enjoyable and a pleasure to read. Jennifer Brown's The Game Changer meets all those criteria. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a series for the main characters, who are both complex and delightful. The twisting story of suspense is cozy and a page-turner that will keep you guessing and entertained. I look forward to more from this author, the small town and Hallmark.

I received a complimentary copy of the book
Judy
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Game Changer starts slow and just chugs along,. For me it had way too much dialogue and unimportant details that clouded the story.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
Ileana
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Cute Hallmark murder mystery. Hollis a crime reporter from Chicago moves to small town where she takes a job as a journalist. She starts a podcast with her friend Daisy and they are set to find out who murdered the football coach.

Thank you NetGalley for this ARC.
Patricia Grogan Bugher
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Game Changer by Jennifer Brown is a cozy mystery with very likable characters. I hope him inside becoming a series as I would like to read more about Hollis, Daisy and Brooks. My thanks to #Netgalley and #Hallmark Publishing for being allowed to read this ARC.
Leane Leclercq
Oct 28, 2019
Sophia
Nov 01, 2019

• Sell Low, Sweet Harriet
  • Silenced in Sequins (Resale Boutique Mystery #2)
  • Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury (A Desert Flowers Mystery #2)
  • There's A Murder Afoot (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #5)
  • Out of the Picture: A Shepherd Sisters Mystery
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Matchmaking Can Be Murder (An Amish Matchmaker Mystery #1)
  • Much Ado about Nutmeg (Pancake House Mystery #6)
  • Statue of Limitations (A Goddess of Greene St. Mystery #1)
  • Bound for Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #4)
  • Dead in Dublin (The Dublin Driver Mysteries #1)
  • Theater Nights Are Murder
  • Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder (Main Street Book Club Mysteries #1)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
  • Bookmarked for Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #5)
  • The Bright Unknown
  • Knot on Your Life (Yarn Retreat Mystery Book 7)
  • Cobblered to Death (Courtney Archer #1)
Two-time winner of the Erma Bombeck Global Humor Award (2005 & 2006), Jennifer's weekly humor column appeared in The Kansas City Star for over four years, until she gave it up to be a full-time young adult novelist.

Jennifer's debut novel, HATE LIST (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2009) received three starred reviews and was selected as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults, a VOYA