Start by marking “Fire on the Moon (Decorah Security, #19)” as Want to Read:
Fire on the Moon (Decorah Security, #19)

Fire on the Moon

(Decorah Security #19)

When Francesca Turner visits her estranged uncle’s estate in Florida, she doesn’t know she’s stepping into a death trap. Only the cunning strategies of werewolf Zane Marshall can save her. But as the two of them are hunted down, they must fight for survival and the happily ever after they both desire.
Published August 15th 2019 by Light Street Press (first published June 21st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Fire on the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire on the Moon

Start your review of Fire on the Moon (Decorah Security, #19)
PamG
Fire on the Moon by Rebecca York is a paranormal romantic suspense story. It is the 19th book in the Decorah Security Series, but can be read as a standalone novel.

The book mainly takes place in Florida where Francesca Turner has gone to visit her uncle. Francesca’s father is in a nursing home and she hopes to be able get the two brothers to reconcile their differences. While things start out okay, they quickly spiral out of control for her. Two men approach her uncle’s house who hides her in a
JoAn
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fire on the Moon by Rebecca York was action packed from the first chapter.

Francesca Turner is visiting her Uncle Angelo in Florida when the story begins. She is rescued by Zane Marshall, a Decorah Security agent, and the pace of the story flys from there. There were plenty of twists throughout the story even up to the reveal. I never guessed what was really going on until the reveal. I enjoy Ms. York's writing as it always grabs my attention with her fast paced plot and all of the Decorah
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I usually love Rebecca’s books but this one just fell flat for me, the alpha male just wasn’t really alpha (and yeah I know what your going to say but if you read these books, you do so for a reason and you want an Alpha or you wouldn’t be reading them) Francesca isn’t meant to trust easily, but turns out she does trust easily. It was still a nice read, just a lot of issues and not the best I’ve read from Ms. York.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Linda Quick
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner! I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal romance featuring Zane, a werewolf and Decorah agent. He comes to Fransesca's aid as a wolf when she is being attacked. They are quickly on the run for their lives as Zane fights both his attraction to Fransesca and how (or if) to tell her he's a werewolf. I loved the characters and loved reading Zane's story.

This book has all the action and romance you would expect in a Decorah Security novel and does not disappoint. It also had a twist I
Susan Underbrink
A big thank you to NetGalley and Author Collective 20 for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. this is part of a series (number 19) but reads well as a stand alone. I have read a few others, for me this was just ok. There is a mystery and suspense but it didn't seem realistic. she mentions healing powers of werewolves yet a gunshot wound knocks him out, and I thought werewolves.had.great eyesight yet he stumbles over something in the dark. The dealings with the police are not plausible ...more
Kym Jones
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I thought the storyline was decent and the characters were quite relatable for the most part. This story wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be about, but that just added to the pleasantness. I am looking forward to seeking out and finding more books by Ms. Rebecca York and reading them.
Nikki Brooks
Sunny Florida really shouldn't hold that much danger for Francesca. She has gone to visit her long lost uncle, in the hopes of reconciling her father and his brother before he passes away.

She only just arrives at her uncles home when she is targeted but thankfully she is rescued by Zane. Unbeknownst to her Zane doesn't have a trained guard dog, she actually met his furry, werewolf, alter-ego!

Quick, fast-paced novel. Takes place over quite a short period of time. I did enjoy finding out about
Eva Millien
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Francesca Turner visits her estranged uncle’s estate in Florida only to step into a death trap and only the help of werewolf Zane Marshall help her escape. Being hunted, they must fight for survival and the happily ever after they both desire.

As usual, the author creates a vivid story with wonderful, strong characters that easily draw readers into their story and in this ‘Decorah Security’ romance, Zane Marshall just happened to be in the right place and right time when he saw a female trying to
Angel Hatfield
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francesca wondered if she had leaped into the middle of a family feud? Or was she going to heal a twenty year old rift between two brothers. His dying father kept saying he wanted to see his older brother Angelo one last time. She did some research and called him on the phone. Then she offered to come and talk to him and go from there. Uncle Angelo showed her an antique gold locket. Angelo said it was Francesca’s grandmothers. He added he didn’t have a daughter and he’d be happy if Francesca ...more
Denise H
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I must say I was a little disappointed in this book. York was one of the first authors I started with when I developed my love for reading. I loved her Moon series and devoured them as soon as I got them. She was one of the first paranormal authors I enjoyed. I have not read many of her Decorah Security series but, to me, this series is just not on par with her Moon series, and I struggled to really get into this story. The storyline seemed choppy and had a few plot holes and the awkward ...more
Shelby
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
***ARC was provided to me by Net Galley and the Publisher for a fair and honest review***

Overall rating: 3/5 Werewolf bodyguard turned love interest story.

Heroine (Francesca Turner): 3/5 Francesca is a human girl who tries not to be overly trusting of those she meets due to her family’s history. However she trusts pretty easily. She is a freelance editor.

Hero (Zane Marshall): 3/5 Zane is a restless werewolf who tries his best to protect those he cares about. He is a security agent for Decorah
Karen
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Francesca heads to Florida to meet her Uncle in hopes of a reconciliation with her ailing father. Little does she know that Uncle Angelo has some shady associates. Francesca is in need of rescuing and Zane is in the right place at the right time.

Overall a decent read. There's insta-attraction as Zane has found his lifemate. Francesca is attracted and doesn't know why. Zane works for a detective agency and has the skills to keep Francesca safe. The mystery aspect of the book worked well.

What I
Mary Brannian
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Francesca Turner just wanted to heal the rift between her Uncle Angelo and her father. Twenty years had passed since she and her father had seen or talked to Angelo. Francesca just wanted to grant her dying father's wish.... Unfortunately, Francesca finds herself trapped in a cage of danger and terror, with only a stranger to protect her.

Zane Marshall, a wolf shifter, was enjoying a run along the beach; his wolf was feeling restless, but he knew he couldn't been seen in public in his wolf form.
Kelly
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Years ago I used to read Rebecca York's books when they were published by Harlequin. I don't know if my memory regards these books as a lot better than they were, or if they were better than Fire on the Moon was. I'm not sure what the title has to do with anything that goes on in the book. Every iota of the book is incredibly predictable. It has gaping holes in it, very little character development, and it starts abruptly. The chemistry feels forced and awkward between Zane and Francesca, who ...more
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has been awhile since I read any of Rebecca Yorks books I am glad that I picked this one up to read.! It is the 19th in this series and can be read without reading the others. I am going to go back and read the rest as I really enjoyed this one. It was fast paced and had a bit of everything in it. Romance, mystery action mob and did I say Romance!! Francesca Turner go to find her Uncle that she hasn't seen since she was a child to try and arrange a visit for her father who is in ill health ...more
Annette
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Decorah Security is on point! Wow, I had no idea that Francesca would find herself in this tangled web of deceit. Realistically, sometimes you just have to love family from a distance. I like her though because she is brave, a fighter, compassionate & outgoing. I like Zane too, he really wants to take care & protect her but he's doesn't quite understand the lifemate concept so his insecurity is endearing. This couple are not only instantly attracted to one another but they actually make ...more
Katherine Yearwood
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, paranormal
Fire on the Moon is book #19 in the Decorah Security series written by Rebecca York. I was a big fan back when I was younger, but now I think I may have outgrown her as a reader. Because Fire on the Moon was to contrive to be believable. For instance, the instant chemistry between the two main characters.
Francesca Turner was in town to rekindle a relationship with her father’s younger brother. During the course….of only a few minutes, chaos breaks loose, now Francesca finds herself on the run
Whispers From
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zane is a werewolf and a employee of a security company. He is in Florida on assignment and notices some men tossing a patio. He investigates and finds a woman. Francesca is visiting her uncle to try to get him and her father to reconcile. Her uncle is killed and now the thugs are after her. Zane knows Francesca is his life mate but can’t tell her he’s a werewolf until they figure out why the men are after her. As they are on the run, the sparks between them light up. Can he save her and ...more
Debbie Caswell
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This is another addition to the Decorah Securities story line While it was Ok it was a little bit predictable in that by the end of the first chapter I had most of it worked out After saying that the chemistry between Zane and Francesca is quite good. There isn't very much emphasis on the fact that Zane is a wolf shifter it is almost an afterthought

Francesca has gone to see her uncle hoping that she can get him and her father to reconcile before her father dies What she steps into is suspense
Denise Van plew
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It had been a minute since I had read this author with it soon being revealed why I so enjoy them. Her writing and her worlds are able to wrap around us including us with the characters.
Having read a few from this series I was not totally unfamiliar with it.
Zane and Francesca take you through this one. This also happens to be a quick read with suspense and drama that fit that pace. Having a paranormal edge it has that flavor that adds to it. It will also give a twist that makes up for the
Pandaron
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a review of a copy provided by Netgalley. I haven't read any of the other books in the series, however there didn't seem to be any required background knowledge to follow the storyline.

Sadly I didn't enjoy this story, I found the dialogue to be stilted and interactions a bit awkward. I didn't feel that the fated mates / insta-love trope was well written, the romance was pretty subdued. The action scenes were also not that fast paced or exciting.

Overall, the story isn't a terrible read,
Shirley Linn
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This was a well written, fast paced, romantic suspense. The suspenseful storyline had plenty of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. Although, this was a paranormal romance the story was centered around Zane and Francesca. He was trying to keep her safe and trying to figure out why someone was after her. This was a wonderful romantic suspense story and I would definitely recommend it.
Anima
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Plenty of wrong in Francesca's family but she doesn't know half of it. Things go off course when she visits her Uncle and Zane comes to the rescue. We know he's a wolf and works for Decorah Security, but she's kept in the dark for a bit. There's plenty of suspense and action here, the fact he's a wolf only plays a partial role. I found the story fast paced and exciting, one of the better books of the standalone series. I received my copy through Netgalley.
Karen Fisher
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francesca went on a trip to reunite her father with his brother. It soon became a nightmare as the reason her father went into the witness protection programme became clear. Zane is a wolf shifter who works for Decorah Security. Fate is at play and this is a hot wild adventure romance. All questions are answered in the end along with a happy ending. I received enjoyed this book and look forward to the next in the series.
Carol Thomas
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Full of twists and turns and some very unexpected occurrences. Zane had finished his assignment in Florida and took a few days for himself. Francesca was in Florida to meet up with a long lost uncle when her uncle throws her in a hidden room to escape some mob guys. Zane runs into her on the beach just before she is shot escaping, can Zane rescue her from the shooters and all the following traps of destruction?
Liz Lehman
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Decorah Security Series is one of the best Series that I have ever read; and I read a lot. It has a mix of romance and action. It keeps you guessing until the end and it’s never slow. I could not put it down. Zane and Francesca are perfect together. Also the series not only have strong male ( werewolf) but the females are strong, resourceful and independent as well
MarylineD
Well written and beautiful cover.

The story is interesting, but not really my cup of tea, not the type I generally read. I tried something different.
I didn't really connect with the characters. This was a little bit weird, at least that's how I felt.
But again it is well written and I am sure that many will love this book.

ARC received through NetGalley.
Rhonda
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been a long time fan of Rebecca York and anything I can read with the Marshall men. I love werewolf stories, romance, mystery and suspense and Rebecca York can sure deliver! Quick read, great plot twist. Perfect for a summer vacation reading list. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and her publisher for letting me read an advanced copy of Fire on the Moon. Can’t wait for more!
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I normally love shifter romance novels but this one missed the mark. The plot was unoriginal and the characters bland. Just couldn't get into it.
Karen
Aug 18, 2019

• Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Claiming Sarah (Ace Security, #5)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • The Bad Twin
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • One Man (Naked Trilogy, #1)
  • Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)
  • Barracuda Security: Complete 5-Part Series
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Traitor Games (Tarnished Heroes #3)
  • Guarding Your Heart (Baytown Boys #9)
  • Reforming the CEO
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Decorah Security (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
  • Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Security, #5)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • At Risk (Decorah Security, #7)
  • Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)
  • Destination Wedding (Decorah Security, #9)
  • Rx Missing (Decorah Security, #10)