Start by marking “Cause And Effect: Vice Plagues The City (Kind Hearts And Martinets Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Cause And Effect: Vice Plagues The City (Kind Hearts And Martinets Book 1)

Cause And Effect: Vice Plagues The City (Kind Hearts And Martinets Book 1)

A self-labeled enigma, Detective Inspector Jack Austin is at once miserable and amusing, melancholy and motivated. Running the Community Police Unit from his deck chair, D.I. Austin is known for his ability to solve crimes out of the blue.

Trying to work cases while struggling with his mental issues, Austin deals with a variety of major crimes, including bicycle theft. But

Published June 28th 2019 by Creativia

To ask other readers questions about Cause And Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cause And Effect

Start your review of Cause And Effect: Vice Plagues The City (Kind Hearts And Martinets Book 1)
Jina Bazzar
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective Jack, aka Jane, is a character full of sass and witty comebacks. He’s also a magnet to disaster, the kind of guy who’s always meeting an accident or another.
He’s also a kind, humorous widow with a big heart and a teenager’s attitude.
The topics covered in this book are hard, dramatic and heavy – not for the faint hearted – going as far as child abuse.
Detective Jack is determined to get to the bottom of his cases, and he doesn’t care who he’ll have to cross to get there.
Along the way we
Shalini
This was completely a different novel with British humor and slang. A police procedural, the story showed the workings of an investigative team, quite a change from what is normally shown. Jack was the DI in charge who was somewhat of an idiot savant and was known to solve crimes which seemed unsolvable.

My first book by Pete Adams, he has written a larger than life, yet quite real, main character Jack as the DI was quite a decent chap with a wicked sense of humor. He was not terribly coordinated
Sonya Alford
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Cause and Effect'. The storyline was just fantastic, and I really did like the style of writing. Humorous from the very start this book had me laughing quite a lot and kept me amused. Before I go on though, I just want to mention the cover which I think is really well designed and fits in well with the story.

The prologue had me extremely intrigued as it suggested there were several different things happening in the story. A great way to tantalise the reader. I spent
Lel Budge
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is #1 in the Kind Hearts and Martinets series featuring DI Jack Austin.

The prologue has four seemingly unrelated events, a street battle, Chas in the bike shop, Osama’s son is missing and a woman is murdered, her hidden daughter has witnessed it.

Then we meet Jack and his team and for a little while I was unsure how this was going to read, with the constant nicknames and bizarre randomness, but it then starts to come together.

Jack’s constant juvenile humour really builds a sense of this
J Fearnley
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5*

This is the first in a series of five books in the Kind Hearts and Martinets Series which has Jack Austin as the lead character. The rest of the series comes out in the next few months so do keep your eyes peeled for them.

Jack Austin is a seemingly chauvinistic, weird and somewhat scarred DI who deals with his mental issues by bringing his dog to work with him – it has official approval; giving people nicknames and referring to old films, TV series and characters often confusing his
Brian Porter
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced action and a new and very unusual hero

I chose this book from an Amazon 'you might like' email, and I'm thoroughly glad I did. I hope the central character, Detective Inspector Jack Austin, (known affectionately as Jane) is in no way an autobiographical representation of the author, because if he is, Pete Adams is a lucky man to be alive.
Our hero has been stabbed, shot, blown-up, and yet always bounces back to continue his quest to rid the world, (his own portion of it, at least), of
Michele Northwood
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cause and Effect: Vice Plagues the City: by Pete Adams

Detective Jack – nicknamed Jane, is a wisecracking, sassy, uncoordinated character who seems to get himself into a fix whatever he is doing and wherever he goes. This is a complex storyline. Jack seems to be dealing with four seperate incidents, which all eventually relate to one another and pull the story together. The plot is dark and covers certain topics which are rarely written about but Jacks eventual romance with Mandy helped to
Justice Slade
Dec 27, 2019
Sara
Jan 28, 2020

• Sea Scope: A Psychological Mystery
  • Darrienia (The Forgotten Legacies Series Book 1)
  • The Golden Viper (The Crimson Deathbringer Trilogy #2)
  • Murder on Tyneside
  • Fights You'll Have After Having A Baby: A Self-Help Story
  • 133 Hours
  • A Deathly Silence (DCI Helen Lavery #3)
  • Rainforest Friends And Family (Jasper - Amazon Parrot Book 2)
  • Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • The Stranger Diaries
  • Fishnets in the Far East: A Dancer's Diary in Korea
  • Alicia and the Light Bulb People in Star Factory 13
  • Catching Phantoms: The Strange Case Of Martin Lumb
  • Playing in the Rain: When All that Matters is Freedom (Escape Series #1)
  • See Them Run (Detective Clare Mackay #1)
  • A Long Walk In The Snow (Part 2 of Dirty Rouge series)
  • The Dirty Rouge (The Dirty Rouge Series)
  • The White Friar