Start by marking “The Truth About Cowboys (Sweetwater, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Cowboys (Sweetwater, #1)

The Truth About Cowboys

(Texas Heat #1)

Steamy, sexy, and laugh-out-loud funny, THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS is a new contemporary novel that will pull your heartstrings and steam up your e-reader…

While I was off pitching in the big leagues, my family was back in the small town of Sweetwater, Texas, running the family ranch. Then tragedy hit and I discovered there were secrets that my family kept, problems they hid.
Expected publication: August 27th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Cowboys

Lisa Jones
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

COVER REVEAL AND CONTEST!
I have a brand-new ULTRA SEXY cover for THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS! And to celebrate THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBOYS releasing on Aug. 27th, I'm giving my readers a special opportunity! When you pre-order the book and fill out the form below, you'll be registering to receive the first 6 chapters of TANGLED UP IN CHRISTMAS (this is the second standalone Sweetwater novel coming out in October) and you'll be entered to win 1 of 200 special Jason Jenks Baseball Pens!

EVERYONE will recei
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
One hot-headed cowboy, former pro baseball player, and freshly scorned lover meets no filter, balls-to-the walls divorce attorney, turned newly book author, and freshly scorned lover in the countryside of Texas. I think it's safe to say that sparks fly in The Truth About Cowboys.

I'm not one who loves a constant push/pull romance but there are exceptions I find that I tend to really enjoy. Jason and Jessica are one of those exceptions. It has a lot to do with the fact that I just really liked the
☽ TheBibliotheque
There's a fine line between the fun bickering characteristic of a frenemies and two people being simply annoying. Sadly, this one fell right into the latter.

I guess The Truth About Cowboys is that they can be hella frustrating.

Although not everything was bad, somehow I feel like this could have been more of a "me" problem. To be completely honest, I absolutely loved the first quarter of the story. The female lead was hilarious and I could relate to her on so many levels. However, I feel like I n
Dianne
My rating: 3.5 Stars!

Hoping to regroup and lick her wounds after a miserable discovery about her ex, Jessica, a successful divorce attorney leased a cabin in the woods for solitude and to work on her how-to book on divorces. A confirmed city girl, she wasn’t prepared for the torrential rains, muddy roads or lack of civilization that dark night. When the gruff cowboy stopped to assist, he wasn’t the most welcome sight, but he was all she had, now that her car had broken down, too.

Jason wasn’t buy
Beth
The Truth About Cowboys is a fun, sweet, finding that perfect someone who might be that A**hole that owns the bungalow your living in.

Jessica is a renown Dallas divorce attorney that finds her fiancée in bed with his secretary. Running away seems like the right thing to do so she gets on the internet and finds a bungalow available from this really sweet older lady named, Martha. When she arrives, she discovers that Martha doesn’t technically own the bungalow but her hot as all heck grandson, Jas
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lisa Renee Jones, Romance
3.5 Granny Takes Charge Stars
* * *1/2 Spoiler Free
Oh My, What a Cover! He is the perfect ad for Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy! Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Now the book. Lisa Renee Jones has created a female divorce lawyer who is successful and smart. She is respected and also has a personal life looking to be set...Until she finds her fiance' and his secretary going at it in bed. The moon must have been Mercury in Retrograde because the next thing she does is call out the biggest cl
Morgan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so sorry to be so negative when I know that authors put so much hard work into their publications, but this book was not for me. Inconsistent events (were those two engaged or not before Jessica moved away? It wasn't clear in the beginning - she said "almost" but then later always referred to him as her fiance. That whole story line was ridiculous) and annoying characters drove me insane. I'm not the target audience for romances - I'm too critical a reader usually - but my brain wanted somet ...more
Lisa Jones
Jun 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

COVER REVEAL AND CONTEST!

EVERYONE will recei
Carvanz
This was a hard push and pull romance with a couple that often straddled the line between love and hate.

description

While Jessica is working on writing a divorce guide, her drunk friends talk her into writing a romance. Soon she’s doing both and each books shadows her emotions towards the jerky cowboy that is stealing her heart. From the highs to lows, her writing is a reflection of what she is experiencing with Jason. Unfortunately, it looks like she might have to dig further into fiction in order for the
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)

Let’s see. A cowboy. A sweet grandma who cooks like an angel. A former divorce attorney coming to Sweetwater, Texas to get away from her @$$ ex-fiancé .
A hot, steamy Texas setting. Some really good buildup and some 🔥 steamy scenes.
The Truth About Cowboys was exactly what I wanted in what I call...naked Cowboy books. (Criteria includes half dressed cowboy on the cover) 😂
I really enjoyed this quick, fun read. I would absolutely read more “if” it becomes a series 🤞🏻.
🌟🌟🌟🌟 / 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Elysian Fields
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you give me a cowboy I’m going to swoon… add to that the fact that he is a professional baseball player with a brazen attitude and I am done for! I LOVED this story. This is an unexpected chance love story that is full of steam and swoon worthy moments.
As I laughed and sighed my way through this story I also fell in love with the characters. They are passionate and sweet, kind and fiery. I loved the possessiveness balanced with the desire to let ea
Lubnaa (Romance Library)

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The truth about cowboys – or at least, this particular cowboy – is that they’re hot and cold assholes who despise city girls. If I ever hear or see the term “city girl” ever again, I’ll rip my hair out. Listen, I’m pretty patient and easygoing when it comes to flawed protagonists, especially in romance novels, but I cannot stand the hero in this book. Jason is a self-proclaimed asshole who constantly judges Jessica simply
Alison
Dallas hot-shot divorce lawyer finds her fiance in bed with his secretary (such a cliche) and torpedoes her career by insulting the firm's biggest client then runs away to write a book about divorce in small-town Texas. Unfortunately, the cottage she has rented from a sweet little old lady turns out to be owned by the little old lady's very sexy grandson and former baseball pitcher.

Granny is match-making but her grandson is having nothing to do with another city woman, not after his fiance stomp
Andrea Garcia
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I love this book. It gave me all the FEELS. This is my first book by this author and most definitely will not be my last. This has pretty much everything I was looking for in a good rom-com. There's lighter heartfelt moments, off the charts chemistry, and it is entertaining to read. If you are looking for a steamy cowboy romance then definitely pick this one up.
You can find my full review at http://itsareadingthing.com/

Thank you to Entangled: Amara for providing me with a review copy vi
TheSassyNerdBlog
Once again, Lisa Renee Jones slays it. Most books by this author are suspense, this, however, was not and it was a nice change. One she did smoothly. She gave us a city girl recently single and a hot as hell cowboy.

Jessica a divorce attorney leaves Dallas behind after finding her man in bed with another woman. She rents a place out the country to start writing a book on all things divorce when on the way to her new place she hit a snag and a cowboy in a pickup truck that passes by is so nice to
Erin Lewis
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star review of The Truth About Cowboys by Lisa Renee Jones
When I heard that Lisa Renee Jones had a new series coming out I couldn’t wait to put my hand up to review. Having read several books by this talented author I was excited for The Truth About Cowboys.
There is so much going on in this story that I found myself riveted to it. Jason Jenks, where do I start? There was just something about him that really drew me to him. He works hard, is a retired baseball player who is forced to return hom
Ayekah
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a tough one for me. I didn't love it, there were parts I liked but those parts were here and there throughout the book. I loved the first part of the book with the full of sass Jessica, a divorce attorney who leaves a cheating ex behind in Dallas to get away. She has no money, no place to live and she's on enforced leave from her high profile job. She's rented a little cottage in a small town a few hours away to get herself together and write her book. She's rented it from a sweet little ...more
Veronica LaRoche
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love a sexy AF cowboy and a heroine who isn’t afraid too speak her mind then you will absolutely love this book. When Jessica and Jason first met they couldn’t stand each other but over time that has changed. I love everything about this story, I mean who doesn’t like a sexy AF ex baseball player turn cowboy. It was relatable and will definitely give you all the feels.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 HOME RUN STARS!! This book is different from this author normal book, that being said.....I LOVED IT!!! Lisa Renee Jones hit this one out of the park. This story had it all for me, drama, fun bantering, broken characters, friends, family and so much love. What more can you ask for a beautiful lawyer city girl and a jerky country boy that use to played professional baseball and these two clash. You should definitely 1-Click this book.....you will love it.
Maranda
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lisa Jones brings to life a stand alone HEA read with her Truth About Cowboys. Life brings hurdles for our couple to jump over but Jessica and Jason find their new and improved life together with the help of Jason's grandma Martha. See how they do it by picking up this Sweetwater Texas romance. "A copy of this book was provided by Entangled via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."ENJOY SNOW CATS AND COOKIES WITH THIS READ!
The Book Lover
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very different than what I'm used to from this author, but amazing nonetheless! Miss Jones has a way of wrapping you up in the pages of her books and not letting you go until the very end!.
Kim Vanravenswaay
I wouldn't have been as patient with Jason. Jessica gave him way to many chances. She got it right, he acted like an asshole. I'm afraid that the author made me hate Jason a little to much for too long. He should have redeemed himself earlier in the book.
Nightbird Novels
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
When life as she knows it ends up in shambles, Jessica needs some time away from Dallas, TX and all of the problems that come with it. Booking a getaway in the small town of Sweetwater is supposed to be just that... until she meets a cowboy who has trouble written all over him...

With the burden of the family ranch weighing on him, Jason Jenks does not need the inconvenience of a city girl staying on his property... at all. Especially one whom he just can't seem to stay away from. Plus, Jason al
Anastasia
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying who hasn’t fantasized about a cowboy, because I know I have. Lol

Jessica life was good. She was a divorce attorney, heading for partnership with her firm, a fiancé that worked with her and understood her job and an amazing apartment. But her world got turned upside down when she got home and found her fiancé in bed with his secretary. And it didn’t end there, she had a melt down on an important client after her finding out about her fiancé (ex-fiancé) and her firm asked
BeeKay
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can sum this review of the “Truth about Cowboys” in three words...I loved it.

First, the characters. I loved Martha, everyone needs a Martha in their lives. I would really be happy to see Martha get her chance at love! 💕 Who doesn’t love the sweet, cookie baking, matchmaker of a grandmother? I think Lisa Renee Jones needs to provide the cookie recipe in the book...I want one of those cookies!

Now our MCs. Oh Jason, with the fine ass in the wrangler jeans (Sigh 😊). That man had more luggage than K
Babel
Cozy, fun and so good it makes me want to settle down in a cowboy-filled ranch.

Admittedly , I am not a fan of cowboys in general, but this author appeals to me enough to overcome that. And oh my, what a treat I gave myself.

Jason and Jessica are combustible together. They are that kind of storm out in the open beneath huge skies, overpowering and electrifying. I loved the raging encounters between them filled with confrontation and wit and strong passion. From the way they meet which is a mix of
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
City girl vs. country boy makes this a must read! One cranky cowboy, although cranky doesn't begin to sum up how twisted Jason "The Flying J" Jenks boxers are over the arrival of Jessica the divorce attorney from Dallas, Texas. The chemistry, laughter and family moments are everything in this cowboy romance.

Clearly Jessica is out of her element in the small town of Sweetwater, Texas, but as a top divorce attorney in Dallas she's used to tackling tough cases and the cranky, cowboy Jason is just a
Stacie Redinger
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Lord help me, he might be a jerk but he’s a Wrangler commercial come to life, and I need a cold drink right now.” – Jessica

Jessica was living her best life, or so she thought. When she catches her now ex in a compromising position, she takes off from Dallas to a small cottage she found online. She needs to get away from the city and figure out her life. When her car breaks down in the middle of the night in the pouring rain, a handsome cowboy comes to save her. However, unlike in the books she’
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
After Jessica catches her fiance canoodling with his secretary in his office after hours she decides she needs a little break from the city and life in general. So she packs up her belongings, rents a little cottage a few hours away, and says goodbye to all she knows in exchange for some much needed thinking time and writing time. What she finds hidden in the great outdoors is not only good for her soul, but also unexpectedly good for her heart too!

She never expected to meet a man like Jason, bu
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add