Start by marking “Duet Rubato (The Dueling Hearts Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Duet Rubato (The Dueling Hearts Saga, #1)

Duet Rubato (The Dueling Hearts Saga, #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Will a return to the stage bring love or heartbreak?
Ten years after a near-fatal accident almost ended her musical theater career, Catie Klarken is still struggling to keep a roof over her daughter’s head. Landing the lead in a musical is the break she needs to get her life back on track. Everything hinges on this production.
But being in the show comes with its own set of
ebook, 1, 320 pages
Published July 18th 2019 by Draft2Digital

To ask other readers questions about Duet Rubato, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duet Rubato

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Duet Rubato (The Dueling Hearts Saga, #1)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2019
5 sweet stars!
Because this was pure sweetness on a page!

Copy received from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you Claerie Kavanaugh! I simply adored it!

Whoever said broken hearts weren't a real thing must have been lying through their teeth.

Duet Rubato, the first instalment in Claerie Kavanaugh’s Dueling Hearts Saga is one of the most touching and heartfelt stories I have ever read! A second chance LGBT romance, this debut novel gives us the story of two very strong and
Mari Stark
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the debut novel of this author and got to say I like her writing style, how she developed the storyline and how she describes the characters. I liked as well the alternating point of view, this way we have a better interpretation of the whole story, their past and experiences.

It is an intriguing second chance romance. I really enjoyed the story of Catherine (Catie) and Adaline (Addie), I liked their chemistry very much. We get a bit of drama, tension, intrigue, romance, high emotions,
Bekah | Bekah’s Bookshelves Hosford
In Duet Rubato, the first installment in Claerie Kavanaugh’s Dueling Hearts Saga, Catie’s life is nothing like she thought it would be while studying dance in school. She dreamed of being a professional dancer, and she was for awhile. Then, somewhere among becoming pregnant, breaking up with her girlfriend, and a life-altering accident, everything fell apart. Now, she’s working a crappy job, living paycheck to paycheck and trying to provide the best life for her daughter Lyssa. With the threat ...more
Gwen
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author and I'm happy to give my honest review.

I have been really enjoying LGBQT books and I was excited when Claerie offered me an early copy of her book Duet Rubato. I read this in one sitting and really enjoyed the second chance romance.

Catie and Addie were best friends before a fight tore them apart. Catie is a mom whose life changed drastically after a dancing accident. She has been struggling to find a solid income to support her daughter and is afraid her
Karin Aston
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sassy second chance romance sucks you right in from the start and holds you tight till the very end. The story alternated between the two characters’ points of view which gives the reader a chance to really get to know their personalities and develop a bond with them as the story progresses. The characters. Adaline and Catherine, have a deep backstory, both together and apart, and it was great to see how they were confronted with each other, and their pasts, to try and forge a new ...more
Kara Weaver
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sassy, full-on emotions, rollercoaster ride romance which doesn't disappoint. Written from the point-of-view of both Catherine and Adaline, the book sucks you in straight away, taking you through the story at an even pace which feels both relaxed and intimate while keeping the tension throughout. I sometimes wanted to smack both characters upside the head while they navigated tentatively through the theater world, and my mother heart went out to Catherine more often than not.

In all truth, I
J.D. Groom
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit, this wasn't a genre I had really read before. It's a second chance lesbian romance, and I loved it.

The story is told from the perspectives of both female characters by alternating chapters, and it's really easy to tell who's 'speaking' due to the amazing formatting.

I don't want to give too much away but these characters have a history which they have to face pretty quickly, whilst also dealing with outside pressures and internal battles.

If you are into the theatre and musicals then
Alison Aldridge
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the conflict from their unresolved history and the ending left me with happy vibes. There were some strong feels throughout the book as the couple went through highs and plenty of lows as they made their way to their long awaited Happy Ever After.

I think this novel will appeals to fans of these genres but also anyone who loves the theatre as there are references to famous plays made between the characters and inside jokes.

Visit my blog for the full review:
Hailey Bridges
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful romance novel!!! It was written very well and really allowed me to immerse myself in its pages. :) I definitely recommend to any readers in love with love and stories with real-life situations and hardships that bind us to the characters and their journey.
Savy Leiser
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well-written debut novel! A romantic story with lots of nostalgia for theater geeks! Check out my full review on BookTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlPo0...
Doug Elliott
Interesting main characters supported by a decent cast of secondaries. The main characters have complex back stories which are not entirely explained. There is also an awful lot of bouncing back and forth between speaking to each other and not speaking to each other, which is a little confusing in spots. Overall a decent read.
Patricia OHara
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters

This story was a little different from others I have read. The main characters were really wonderful and their love story was unique. Given the reason for their breaking up a decade earlier, it was refreshing to see them rekindle their love despite interference from others. Caties fear of heights and the effort Lyn went help her overcome it was endearing to this reader. Well worth a second reading despite the lack of sexual content.
C
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story, I felt like I was in the middle of the action. The characters were well-written and the plot was interesting.
Dallas
Sep 11, 2019
Michele M Cook
Nov 19, 2019
Lance L
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2019
Jul 28, 2019

• Living
  • Coming Home
  • Change of Heart
  • The Perfect View (Tahoe, #3)
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound #4)
  • Next in Line for Love
  • Hart & Stocker
  • If You Only Knew
  • The Call (Another Love #2)
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Accidentally In Love
  • Mouth to Mouth (Lakeside Hospital, #5)
  • Perspective
  • Hard to Please
  • Two Hearts Alone (Two Hearts Trilogy Book 1)
  • Rising from Ash (Forged by Fire, #1)
  • Stay
  • Keep Holly Close (Remember Me, #2)
Claerie Kavanaugh has spent most of her life telling stories, but she never imagined herself writing romance. In fact, she used to think it should only be reserved for Hallmark movies. It wasn't until college, when she discovered fanfiction, that she learned what romance was truly about: not just fluffy relationships and happily ever afters, but human connection, the desire to push one another to ...more