Start by marking “Follow Me” as Want to Read:

From the author of Are You Sleeping—soon to be an Apple TV series—comes a cautionary tale of oversharing in the social media age for fans of Jessica Knoll and Caroline Kepnes’s You.

Everyone wants new followers…until they follow you home.

Audrey Miller has an enviable new job at the Smithsonian, a body by reformer Pilates, an apartment door with a broken lock, and hundreds
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Gallery Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Feb 25, 2020
    From the author of Truth Be Told (formerly titled Are You Sleeping)—now an Apple TV series of the same name—comes a cautionary tale of oversharing in ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 5051 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 10 - Feb 22, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Follow Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow Me

Start your review of Follow Me
    Dita
    Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Sometimes the only reason I leave my house is so that when someone asks about my day I don't have to say, "NetGalley and avoiding responsibilities".

Today is not that day!! I tore into this like it was my job and I loved every crazy minute of this book. Kathleen Barber, I will follow you straight to Crazy Town anytime!

5 Stars!! This is one of the best books I've read in awhile!

Thank you to Kathleen Barber, Gallery, Pocket Books, and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest
    Meredith
    Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley

A guy becomes obsessed with a girl. He stalks her online and takes extraordinary measures and extra creepy steps to learn everything about her. He will do whatever it takes to insert himself in her life and make her his own. Sound familiar?

While Follow Me is quite similar to You, it is not a copy cat. There are enough differences that make it interesting to read.

Someone is stalking Audrey, a social media influencer who posts EVERY element of her life online. The reader doesn’t know
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Four welcome to attention seekers world don’t have any problem to bring their stalkers into their own lives because main motto of own the social media obsessed fakers’ is: “If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you interesting” stars!

You know, one of my favorite musical’s theme song: (the beginning of my addiction to move like Travolta and drink like Jagger) was Grease’s “Four Season”. But I’m changing words and adapting to our new introvert, artificial, faking people whose face glued to their
    Kaceey
    Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
    This book will have you thinking long and hard about how much of yourself you share on line. And if it doesn’t? Well, I warned you!

Audrey is a social influencer. With over a million followers on Instagram she posts anything and everything about her life on line. She’s literally made her life an open book, available for all her followers. And yes, for her Stalker!

A job opportunity of a lifetime takes her from her beloved New York City to Washington DC. But that’s OK! She considers it a small
    Holly  B
    Instagram madness....

Anyone who has an instagram account will surely get some shivers after reading this book about the dangers of posting too much information. TMI

Audrey Miller had over a million subscribers (that is a lot of eyes!) The problem is that someone is watching her every move, following all her social media accounts and stories. This person knows where she lives, works and her favorite hang-out spots. Scary!

We get this mystery stalker's pov as he anticipates Audrey's every move. She
    Debra
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Ever feels as if someone was watching you? Ever come home and get the feeling someone has been there even though nothing has been taken?

Audrey Miller has everything - a job at the Smithsonian, a huge social media following and a stalker!

Audrey shares almost every moment of her life online, she is used to having fans, even creepy ones....until one day, one decides to walk into her life and make her his own.

Audrey has moved to Washington, DC and is working hard at impressing her boss, spending
    Susanne  Strong
    Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley, buddy-read
    3.75 Stars

Attention. Some people thrive on it and sometimes, it might just get you into trouble.

Just ask Audrey Miller. She’s hooked on Instagram and has more than hundreds of thousands of followers.

Her Insta account is how she got a job at the Smithsonian as a Social Media manager. One of the problems with Audrey is that she loves her followers and of course, they love her. Some, in fact, are obsessed with her. Too bad Audrey doesn’t take it seriously. That however is a problem that will be
    Liz
    Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Well, this is certainly a timely novel. Lately, the news has been filled with clips concerning folks taking control of other peoples’ webcams, baby monitors and the like, which is scary beyond belief. Kathleen Barber had an awakening when she stumbled on the subject on a legal advice website, which led to her writing this novel.

Unfortunately, this stalker book has been done before. And done better. I never felt that Audrey seemed like a real person, especially the idea that she would attract
    Jasmine from How Useful It Is
    This book is a great read and definitely hits home because I'm using social media everyday! I like reading Audrey's view. She's good at pretending she's brave or confident when she's laced with fear or anxiety. I like that she doesn't want to be a damsel in distress by relying on a guy for protection. I'm actually surprised that Audrey's job is not so glam for an Instagram public figure, but definitely a nice detail with her living area as compared to how she present herself online. The story ...more
    Michelle
    Audrey Miller is a woman that has it all including over a million followers on Instagram. She has a carefully curated life that she shares with all of her followers any chance she can get. To say she may be addicted to the attention is an understatement.

"The side effect of only showing the best and most beautiful bits of my life to everyone meant that I felt I couldn't reveal my messier, more complicated emotions to anyone other than a trusted few." <---- that's some first world problems
    Jayme
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This one kept me guessing to the end!
    LITERALLY!
    I still didn’t know how it would end at the 98%point!

Audrey Miller has hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers and has just landed a dream job at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC where she is tasked with generating interest for a new exhibit that will soon be opening...”The Life and Death of Rosalind Rose”

It is an exhibit of dioramas, based on a rising starlet’s murder.

But one of Audrey’s followers has become obsessed with HER.

Referred to
    Jayme
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 stars for keeping me guessing to the end!
    LITERALLY!
    I still didn’t know how it would end at the 98%point!

It is an exhibit of dioramas, based on a rising starlet’s murder.

But one of Audrey’s followers has become obsessed with HER.

Erin Clemence
    Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: first-reads, kindle
    4.5 stars rounded up

Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Expected pub date: Feb 25, 2020

Audrey Miller is an Instagram “influencer”, and has recently moved to DC to take on a job as social media manager for a huge new artwork installation at the Smithsonian. However, she also has an apartment with a broken lock, and a creepy stalker. With her entire life online, her admirer is able to follow her
    Judy
    Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Anyone using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. will take a step back and consider carefully what they are posting after reading this book. It is dead-on relative to all social media users.

Audrey's entire life revolves around social media and she has built her career on it. She has over a million followers and has obtianed a job at the Smithsonian handling the social media for an upcoming art exhibit. But unknown to Audrey, she has a stalker who has been following her social media for years and
    Kathi Defranc
    Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thanks to Bianca Salvant @simonandschuster.com and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this precautionary tale of folks who put their Whole life on social media!! You Never know exactly Who is 'following' you, how close they feel to you, and how close they Really Are!!
    Audrey basically lives just to post amazing photos of her life- likes,where she Is, what she is doing, and how she feels about anything she comes across- on her Instagram feed. Even when she has to set things up so they look
    Kathleen
    Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    I'm biased, of course, because I wrote this book, but I love it and really hope that you do too!
    Aga Durka
    Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Follow Me is a cautionary tale for all social media users. How much is too much when posting personal things on any social media platform? Is what we are posting too personal and can lead to some unwanted attention, or even unwanted actions? These are some of the questions that came to my mind while reading this psychological thriller.

Audrey is an Instagram star with over a million followers. She is also an attention seeker that posts everything and anything that she does or does not do during
    Ash
    Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
    Recommends it for: people who like drama
    Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was an entertaining read, but it wasn’t without its flaws, starting with Audrey. I expected to relate to her easily: She’s a young adult in DC, I’m a young adult in DC. But Audrey came across less as a real person and more as a parody of a millennial. As the plot unfolded and creepy or unsettling things started happening to her, though, I was able to empathize with her.

Audrey’s friend Cat
    Amy
    Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Where are my You fans at?! If you like creepy and unsettling stalker stories you have GOT to read this one! Have you ever thought about exactly what you share on social media? Most of us post somewhere online daily, but have you ever really thought about the dangers of over sharing online? Or the fact that if any of youraccounts are public you have no idea who may really be watching your every move? CREEPY AF I told you! If this book doesn’t make you think about your own online presence I don’t ...more
    Carol (Bookaria)
    Audrey Miller is an instagram influencer with about 1 million followers, what she did not expect is to be stalked obsessively to the point where she fears for her safety.

The book is narrated from different points of view, one is Audrey, the other one is Cat (Audrey's best friend), and the last narrator is "him". "Him" is Audrey's stalker and she suspects the this person could be anyone close to her.

The novel takes place, mostly, in Washington D.C. and moves at a fast pace. I enjoyed it, and the
    Tina
    This book makes you think a lot about the social media age we are all in. Audrey has a very big following on instagram. Does she really know every person that follows her? No. Does she know if any of those people could be mentally unstable? No. Does she share far too much private information? Yes. Enter perfect stalker material.

For the most part this was a good and enjoyable read but it was not a "knock it out of the park" type thriller either. Parts of the book seemed a bit mundane to me and I
    Dennis
    Love, love, LOVED Kathleen Barber's upcoming psychological thriller, Follow Me . This book is the 2020 Instagram version of Caroline Kepnes' YOU, so if you enjoy that book or Netflix series, buckle up because Miz Barber's got something wicked coming your way this year.

The story focuses on two friends, Audrey Miller and her best friend Cat. Audrey accepts a new career that will relocate her to Washington DC, but her favorite hobby is her social media following. Living in New York, Audrey has
    DeAnn
    Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    4 chilling stars

I quite enjoyed this one! How much do you share on social media? This book may make you rethink all of it . . .

This one features Audrey, who is an Instagram star with a million followers and she documents all her daily activities. Her professional life also involves social media, promoting exhibits at the Smithsonian. She’s so busy online, she doesn’t notice that someone is watching her every move. She’s recently moved to DC for this new job and trying to make a place for
    Jamie beauty_andthebook_
    Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arcs
    I kid you not when I tell you I've been waiting for Kathleen Barber to write a new book since the moment I finished Are You Sleeping as an ARC in 2017 - and if you know me at all, I'm not exactly the most patient person :)

Well, I am extremely happy to report that 5 stars are absolutely in order for Follow Me. Creepy, suspenseful, real and full of intrigue, Barber poses readers with the question - how much about yourself do you really put out there to the public on the internet? Audrey is a
    Ari
    Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Thank you NetGalley and Gallery Books for this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are mine.

I'm one of those people that detests divulging personal information in public to strangers, let alone online. It makes me cringe when people freely give away their addresses, or phone numbers, or home towns, because you really do not know who is on the other side of that screen (am I paranoid? absolutely So, thank you, Kathleen Barber, for proving my point.

Follow Me is, in its most
    Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
    Seriously twisted book!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This author was sure able to get under my skin. She set up a perfect story loaded with all of the creep factor.

* A questionable apartment.
    * Weird neighbor.
    * Strange friend.
    * Stalkers.
    * New job with a weird event.
    * Social media “influencer” that everyone knew too much about.
    * Old boyfriend has been pining away for her.
    * Even her new boyfriend was a bit odd.

We had so many options it was hard to determine just who exactly was the culprit. Who wants
    Christina McDonald
    Barber ratchets up the tension in this spine-tingling thriller about the dangers of over-sharing in the age of social media.

Addictive, disturbing, and frighteningly real, Follow Me is about self-obsessed Audrey, an Instagram influencer with hundreds of thousands of followers. But one of her followers may just love her too much. I found myself blazing through this fast-paced and engaging novel, wanting to untangle who was stalking Audrey and if it was just a stranger or someone a little closer to
    MissBecka
    Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommended to MissBecka by: Dita
    I gotta say, Kathleen Barber does deranged extremely well!
    I hope she takes that as the compliment it is.
    Her writing is engaging and detailed beyond my expectations.
    This was really fun to get sucked into.
    Much love to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster Canada for my DRC.
    Donna Hines
    Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, netgalley
    "Everyone wants new followers…until they follow you home."
    Nobody wants this type of attention and certainly not after just clinching a new job.
    Enviable! Jealousy? Or plain madness?
    It turns out plenty of things go down in DC but this is far from the norm even with the current stormy situation.
    So what's behind it all?
    As my malignant narcissist once told me ...Anyone can find you anywhere at anytime with the simple click of a mouse.
    Online spyware, online tracking and gps, online websites exists
    Follow Me is my first book by Kathleen Barber. It is a psychological thriller/suspense thriller.

The e-book starts with a very interesting author's note which I only read at the end as I dislike spoilers. It includes a very interesting account of why the author chose to write about this subject.

There are three narrators in Follow Me: Audrey (a social media star), her lawyer friend Cat, and HIM (a guy who is obsessed with Audrey). All are first person POVs.

This book is very creepy. If you've read
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
    Goodreads Librari...: Please add this book to my author page 3 14 Jun 27, 2019 11:44AM

• Little Secrets
    • The Herd
    • The Look-Alike
    • Pretty Things
    • No Bad Deed
    Kathleen Barber’s first novel Truth Be Told (formerly published as Are You Sleeping) is the inspiration for the Apple TV+ series of the same name, produced by Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and starring Octavia Spencer and Aaron Paul. Kathleen was raised in Galesburg, Illinois, and is a graduate of the University of Illinois and Northwestern University School of Law. She lives in Washington, ...more