Start by marking “Feeling Lucky” as Want to Read:
Feeling Lucky

Feeling Lucky

Megan O'Malley was mortified when she got drunk and pinched the bandleader's ass at a cousin's wedding. But she was astonished when he turned out to be a leprechaun! Seems they're not the little, green men of fairytales after all. They just say that because they like a good joke and what better way to hide the gold? Oh, that bit's true - as is the part about not sharing.

F
Published May 21st 2019 by Kathy Bryson (first published June 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Feeling Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeling Lucky

Christa
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, arc, meh, urban-fantasy
Megan O’Malley is feeling sorry for herself, gets drunk at a wedding, and pinches the cute wedding band singer.

This sets off a chain of events since the guy she pinched was a leprechaun and according to the rules - she’s caught him. She wins the pot of gold via lottery.

So she’s got Fergus crashing at her place since she’s got all his money. But instead of giving it back, it is her money now after all, she decides to form a foundation to invest in the community and local business.

This is more
Julie
So, Megan O’Malley gave in to drunken temptation and pinched a cute guy’s ass at her cousin’s wedding. Who’d have thought a perfectly normal guy—okay, a bit short—was a leprechaun or that he’d have such a bad attitude about giving away his money?! Now that she’s captured him, Megan may be five million dollars richer, but she’s also got an angry leprechaun camped out on her sofa, doing his best to prevent her from becoming the business mogul of her dreams!

Fergus O’Reilly cannot figure out what he
Brianna

*I'd like to thank the author for providing me a copy of this book, in exchange for my honest review.*

When I first heard that this book was about leprechauns, I didn't know what to expect. Leprechauns are definitely a rarity in the paranormal scene, so I was torn between interested and hesitant. After reading an excerpt and seeing how quirky it seemed, I immediately took the leap and read the story. And I am happy I did, since I got a refreshing and new paranormal tale that was about
Love Reading Romance
When Megan gets drunk at a wedding, she has no idea what trouble she’s gotten herself into, all starting when she pinches one of the band members on the ass. While not the most socially acceptable behavior, she doesn’t imagine that this could cause her any lasting problems until she finds out that the band member is a leprechaun and the Queen of the Fairies gets involved! Now she’s caught a leprechaun and has to deal with all that this entails, from winning millions of dollars, to having the lep ...more
MB
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Feeling Lucky by Kathy Bryson
Review by Mary Beth
4 out of 5 stars

So I guess the old phrase keep your hands to yourself doesn't apply here.

Megan O'Malley is in a bit of a rut. Her job at the bank is going ok but her love life, well lets just say it's not so good. While at her cousins wedding she may or may not have had a bit to much to drink and pinched a guy in the bands behind. Oops!

Fergus O'Reilly is a leprechaun, and a sexy one at that. He may be short in height but no on charm. Though he has
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Megan O’Malley is the type of woman who likes to have a good time, but with her sometimes things can get just a bit out of control! While at her cousin’s wedding the highly intoxicated Megan becomes attached to the cute band member’s backside. Only Megan could find so much trouble from pinching a cute ass!

Megan is a fun loving lass, but things just don’t seem to really come together for her. Things that should be straight forward or simple just seems to go way out into left field. She is a kind
Cara
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Smile Somebody Loves You Review...visit us at sslyblog.wordpress.com

Who knew pinching a guy’s butt could cause so much drama? Feeling Lucky offers a fun romp in a world of Fae and Shakespeare, were the characters of A Midsummers Night’s Dream come out and play in our modern world. Considering our money conscious times, and dreams of pots of gold to make life easier, what better character than a Leprechaun to bridge the gap between reality and fantasy?

This book is a great read! Megan accidental
Ruth B
Feeling Lucky is a funny, light romance with a lot of fantasy involved.
After trashing her cousin's wedding, Megan finds herself surrounded by magical creatures who will turn her life into a crazy rollercoaster. And to make things even better, she gets stuck with an angry but cute leprechaun and his five million fortune. Yes... a recipe for disaster and fun.

Megan is a forty-year-old woman who enjoys life by partying, drinking and having fun. Don't get me wrong, I think she is fantastic and her p
Aly
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Kathy Bryson jumps right into the weirdness. Now I must admit, silly me I read Restless Spirits(review to come) before reading Feeling Lucky. Little confusion on my part apparently. So I sort of knew a bit of weirdness already and some of this weirdness was familiar. That being said, there were also different weirdnesses, for instance the Queen. Readers deal with the king in Restless Spirits so we got to meet a new character that co
Breanna Eichhorn
Megan couldn't believe that she got drunk enough to bust up her cousin Brenda's wedding. When her mother told her that her Aunt Julia said that she pushed her to get to the bouquet, she knew that she wouldn't do that. When she got to her job she was very surprised to find out that she won the Fergus lottery. She was fired from her job because it would be considered a conflict of interest of having her advising people about how to spend their money.
Megan just turned 40 years old, she used to wor
Trina
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went out of my PNR comfort zone to read this book, usually it’s vampires and witches that strike my interest but when I read that leprechauns were involved I was intrigued. This story was a modern take on some aspects of Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream. There is some romance but more than anything the entire book revolved around what to do or not to do with the money Megan acquired from pinching Fergus’ ass and him trying to trick her into releasing the money back to him. The tale was cu ...more
Theresa Needham fehse
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogspot.com

Megan O'Malley got drunk at her cousins Wedding Reception. As one of the bands men walked by her she grabbed his butt and squeezed.
Because he is a Leprechaun that is considered catching a Leprechaun!
So now she has his 5 million and himself. What will she do with all that money? What about Fergus O'Reilly he is trying so hard to get her to say a phrase that will release him and his money. Megan is much smarter than that and proceeds to giv
Italo Italophiles
Fun, Fresh Romance and Humor

I finished reading this book last evening, and I must say I really enjoyed the author's imagination and fresh voice, full of humor and fun. And there were lots of plot twists and turns to keep the reader hooked.

It was refreshing to read a book set in the mid-West of the U.S. in a small town. The author really brought the feel of the town alive, and created convincing characters to populate it.

The economic stimulus part of the story was interesting as well. It added t
Rosie Amber
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feeling Lucky mixes modern day adult Americans with the fantasy world of Fairies, Leprechauns and the Fey world. Forty year old Megan O'Malley recently pinched the bum of a musical band member at her cousin's wedding. Unbeknown to her, Fergus is a Leprechaun and her actions just stole all his gold.

A shocked Megan discovers that Queen Titania rules over the local Fey and she overrules all protests from Fergus. Now "bound " together Fergus moves in with Megan and tries to trick her into giving up
Terry
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. (5 stars)

Feeling Lucky!

Oh who wouldn't like to capture a sexy leprechaun and all his gold too?

This was a very fun read, I am a bit of a nerd as I enjoy reading
books that twist into the paranormal world. This one had many with
hints of more.

It was fun to read a romance type story where the female was a strong
smart character who didn't need rescuing.

This story was fun not only in it's twist with the leprechauns and
fairies, but also reading how
Paranormal Books R Us
A playful and enjoyable story with a little bit of mischief thrown in for fun. It was refreshing having a heroine that was a bit older than the typical 20 something I'm used to seeing in books. But just because she was older didn't mean her life was any more pulled together. After a drunken night at her cousins wedding Megan definitely got more than she bargained for when she couldn't keep her hands to herself. Now her life is full of magical beings including one very hunky but angry leprechaun ...more
Joanne Guidoccio
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Feeling Lucky, we meet a different kind of leprechaun—a sexy one! And in an inebriated state, Megan O’Malley cannot resist pinching his attractive buttock. Having inadvertently caught the leprechaun, Megan must now deal with the unexpected consequences: an inheritance of five million dollars and an angry, money-obsessed Fergus O’Reilly camped on her sofa. What follows is a contemporary fantasy, reminiscent of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Kathy Bryson has written a delightfu
InD'tale Magazine
"Feeling Lucky" is a light-hearted, contemporary fantasy with just a touch of romance.

Read full review in the 2013 September issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Karen Walker
A charming romcom. I would have liked to know more about the fairies and leprechauns, though.
Chrissy Dyer
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an absolute hilarious, twisted Fairy love story that I have ever read!
Venture
Megan gets more than expected when she grabs a cute guy's butt at her cousin's wedding. Cute story
Katrina Forest
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't think I realized prior to this book just how much my other urban fantasy reads have conditioned me to be in constant fear for the characters' lives. And, yes, this book has just as much urban fantasy as it does paranormal romance.

That's actually one of the things I like about it.

One evening in a drunken state, our heroine Megan approaches a cute-looking guy at a wedding and pinches him on the behind. (And rightly feels pretty lousy about it afterwards.) However, she then discovers the
Ron
Megan O'Malley had just turned 40 when she was drunk at a cousin's wedding and pinched the band leader. Turned out Fergus was a leprechaun and she just got his 5 million dollar fortune. Now she has plenty of problems. She lost her bank job; she has a hostile ginger sleeping on her couch and drinking her diet soda, and the burning need to dispose $5 million in a responsible manner. How she manages all this, plus learns her true family history and finds romance is the fun of the story.

Thanks for N
Jack Bryson
Sep 26, 2013
Claudia
Jul 22, 2013
Kathy Bryson is the award-winning author of tongue-in-cheek fantasy that ranges from leprechauns who play the stock market to zombies who hang out with and harangue med students. She’d like to say she’s climbed tall mountains, rappelled off cliffs, and saved small children, but actually she tends to curl up and read, is a life-long advocate of Ben & Jerry’s, and caters to 2 spoiled cats. She w ...more
“Everything you’re telling me was just a story, and now it’s real.” 4 likes