Jump to ratings and reviews
Jordan Lewis and her mother have been abducted and marooned on an alien world.

Taken in by a friendly tribe of natives, Jordan tries her best to adapt to living on this strange planet called Algoran. Jordan becomes a respectable huntress, but she still longs for the life she once knew on Earth.

When she learns the beings who took her may be on the other side of Algoran, she sets out for answers. Joined by three of her fellow hunters, Jordan crosses dangerous terrain, facing perilous creatures and people.

Will Jordan risk death for a chance to return to Earth?
What is God's will for her life on Algoran?

Exploring the life of an ordinary young woman torn from all she's ever known, Jordan's World shows that God reigns over the whole universe, and that consequences can sometimes span solar systems.

304 pages, Paperback

Published July 1, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Allen Steadham

7 books64 followers
Allen Steadham created comic books and webcomics before he started writing novels. He has been married to his wife, Angel, since 1995 and they have two sons and a daughter. When not writing stories, Allen and his wife are singers, songwriters and musicians. They have been in a Christian band together since 1997. They live in Central Texas.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (10%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews
Profile Image for Jason Howl.
Author 4 books146 followers
October 18, 2019
(Spoilers)

In the opening pages, a young woman girl and her mother are abducted from their beds and deposited in the freezing mountains of a primitive planet.
Jordan's World is a world-hopping sci-fi adventure with religious overtones. Steadham is good at getting to the point. After brief prologue, the story skips ahead and we get to know Jordan, the kidnapped girl, after she has assimilated among the Mokta, the tribe who adopted her.
Jordan has become a hunter for the village and liked well enough that, when she decides to travel to the land of the Qui Tol to meet the beings that kidnapped her, a band of friends is allowed to go with her. So, a quest begins and Steadham continues to move the plot with action, often beginning chapters in the middle of a battle with the various creatures Jordan and her friends meet along the way. I said religion is a theme but not the main point of the story.
The main point is marriage and procreation.
All the supporting characters encourage Jordan to choose a mate. Most of the conversations around the campfire or while tending to each other's battle wounds concern Jordan settling down and producing young. At least three, Jordan admits to her friend, a fellow huntress who is already pregnant. Three children is a good number.
And Jordan does take a mate. In a scene as chaste as it is practical, Jordan climbs into a pile of furs with her friend Bopol to warm him after he nearly freezes. He remains unconscious during their survivalist act of courtship. She remains dressed.
The second book in the series is set up efficiently. Jordan inherits dangerous magic along her quest. Meanwhile, her childhood friend, Erica, flees to Jordan's World and gains similar powers. However, she is taken in by a rival, shady tribe of aliens who drug her. With these bad influences, Erica seems destined to become Joker to Jordan's Batman. Or will Erica find a man who can straighten her out?
Profile Image for Jes Drew.
Author 46 books437 followers
September 20, 2019
Jordan's World is an intriguing addition to the space genre, centered around a girl who gets abducted alongside his mother and taken to an alien planet where they are adopted by a different sort of species not so different from our own. Jordan is torn between wanting to stay on the planet with her new family and finding a way to go back home to her brother and father. I personally always hoped for the latter, but the forces that be seemed intent to pull Jordan deeper and deeper into this intergalactic relationship between species. A good opening to a series perfect for any sci-fi fan.
Profile Image for Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa).
2,182 reviews169 followers
October 23, 2020
This book started out a little slow for me. I liked the premise behind the story but it took a little bit of time for me to figure out the world that Jordan and her mother found themselves in. They land in a tribal community on an alien planet. Once I figured things out the story became more interesting to me.

The book centers on Jordan and her experiences as a huntress. She has three friends that are part of her hunting pack. They know and trust each other as they face dangerous situations. Jordan meets a variety of tribes on the planet. One is sophisticated enough to travel through portals to Earth. And others are dangerous and have hidden agendas.

Overall I would say that this story is about growing and becoming. Jordan has difficult decisions and knows that there is a deity who watches over her, even though she is far away from home. She learns for herself where her home is and whom she can believe in.

I am intrigued at what future endeavors and adventures await Jordan and her friends.

I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own,
Profile Image for Kimmie.
484 reviews29 followers
October 21, 2020
Whew, what a way to begin a series! Jordan pulled me in from the beginning and made me so curious about her as a person and how Allen Steadham would mold her as a character. She was/is a complex person with really well described internal struggles that I think everyone goes through at one point or another in their lives; I mean what is your purpose in life? It seems to be one of Jordan’s biggest questions and I truly admire the way Jordan goes about finding the answers to that question. I also really enjoyed the secondary characters and the layers of laughter, sarcasm, sass, and humor that they brought with them. They are so loyal that I cannot imagine the story without them! All the characters show a great amount of strength and courage when faced with the unknown.

The plot was also really good and hooked me from the first page (Just read it and you will see why) Allen Steadham definitely knows how to pull you in and commit you to the story. The twists and turns that this story takes will have you dreaming of conclusions and wishing you had already bought the second book so you could see what happens next. I know I did. I totally enjoyed this story and definitely recommend it if you are willing to take a leap into a world not quite our own. 5 out of 5 stars for the great character build up, faith interwoven themes, and for leaving me wanting more…. Now I am off to read book two, Jordan’s Arrow.
Profile Image for Angel Martin.
437 reviews13 followers
October 20, 2020
I don't read many science fiction or Christian novels, but the premise of this series was very intriguing. It held my attention from the first page, and I can't recall every getting bored with it. If I hadn't had school, I believe I could've finished it in one sitting; even with school, I still finished it in less than twenty-four hours. There is a religious aspect to the book, but it isn't overwhelming.

The characters really caught my attention. The majority of science fiction books I've read left me confused when it came to characters. Steadham gives plenty of background into the characters, so it flows pretty well. With some character that was introduced, there was just enough background information to keep you guessing, but by the end, you properly knew that character.

The world building was phenomenal. The descriptions and detailing put into Algoran and even Earth was mind-blowing. It's been so long since I've been that invested in a fictional world. I loved that he created different phrases, languages, and cultures for each group of people living on Algoran. It made it a lot easier to completely lose myself in the storyline.

Overall, I thought this was a really good science fiction book. It was a fast paced, easy read that captivated me from the start. I'm usually not big into science fiction or religion-based books whatsoever, but I found myself drawn to this one. It was my first read from Allen Steadham, but I think I'll get his other book as well.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book via the author and Prism Book Tours. This did not influence my opinion in anyway.
Profile Image for Roger.
3,929 reviews12 followers
Read
March 7, 2020
Jordan's World, The Jordan of Algoran Series #1, my first read from author Allen Steadham, caught my attention in the opening pages & I never put it down until completed. A Christian Science Fiction story. I look forward to reading Jordan's Arrow, The Jordan of Algoran Series #2. "I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review." (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018).

Profile Image for Himani.
143 reviews6 followers
April 25, 2020
"Do not run from pain and sadness. Defeat them and make them serve you"

One fine day Jordon and her mother Janice are abducted in the middle of the night to a land covered with ice all over. They got to know it's called Algoran and they are received by the Mokta tribe inhabiting it.
The life there is not so abundant and there are more dangers.
They try to adapt to their habits and Jordon becomes one of the nicest Huntress. She even has a pack.

But Jordon still misses Earth and her family. She yet doesn't know why was she bought here and by whom?

Her uneasiness is realized by the chief of the tribe. She is permitted to discover her explanations and hence starts the journey full of oddities.

An event in Onchei fortress during the mission transforms Jordon permanently and she starts equaling the Snowfire. She has no clue about what all is occurring with her and why?

The anticipation that the book creates about the abduction of the two held me to the story.

Although the story becomes a little obvious at some places but picks up again. The end made me interested furthermore. I liked the twist that was put in the epilogue and I look ahead to the next book with willingness.

All the characters were winsome especially Jordon's friends. The little twists here and there were good to read. Overall it's a book that can be picked up if you like to read a blend a science fiction and fantasy.

Just like Jordon a lot of questions of mine are still unanswered and I hope the second book will deal with them so I am excited to read it.
Profile Image for Melina Lobo.
614 reviews78 followers
December 19, 2019
Jordan and her mother (Janice) are mysteriously abducted from planet Earth and taken to another planet named Algoran.
Having no understanding of why they were taken, Jordan and Janice begin to adapt to the life of the natives in the area.
Janice becomes a great huntress, but she is determined to find out why she was sent here.
Jordan along with her hunting pack go on a risky journey to find answers.
Will they ever be able to return to Earth or are they stuck here forever?
🦄🦄🦄
Jordan's World is the first book in the series by Allen Steadham.
This is another book that had huge potential but was not enjoyable.
Everything felt confusing, it was slow paced with too many time skips, and I'm just waiting to get to the good part but it's taking forever.
I know this is a fantasy book but this felt like I'm reading a really long manuscript with no end.
My most read genre of 2019 is fantasy so I always go in with an open mind but when a book is not able to connect with its reader, it's a let down.
My favourite part of the whole book is Jordan's character development and how she finds out what she was meant to do after everything is over.
The epilogue to the next book was also verg well written and the cliffhanger raises lots of questions.
Hopefully Jordan's Arrow will be better.
🦄🦄🦄
Rated 60/100.
338 reviews12 followers
May 9, 2020
You are enjoying your life and suddenly your lives changes what will you do next. Jordan Lewis the main character of this book her life is going to change forever. Everything she is enjoying will now change what will happen next in her life. Along with her mother she was kidnapped and brought to a new planet. When she was kidnapped she was shown a light showing the new planet and suddenly she was brought from planet Earth to planet called Algoran.

What's next will she adapt her life to live there or something else will happen. We will witness the adventure story of Jordan which is full of twist, suspense and mystery. 34 chapters will take to a ride of adventure story which will make you wonder what will happen next. Will Jordan do what ever possible to come back to the planet Earth. As the story moves we will find about the past life of Jordan and her family. At some point in the boom you will find some interesting things that will make you enjoy the book. We read the book we will always question to ourselves what's next. Imagine the world in which you are living suddenly changes and changes suddenly with unknown places what will happen. The book ends leaving suspense in which we will find in the next book of the series. The story of the book is very amazing to read. Characters introduced in the book build up the story and makes it a good one to read.
Profile Image for Sonam Shukla.
192 reviews3 followers
June 2, 2020
MY TAKE🌼:

-This book belongs to a series "The Jordan of algoran". Jordan Lewis and her mother have been abducted and marooned on an alien world.Taken in by a friendly tribe of natives, Jordan tries her best to adapt to living on this strange planet called Algoran.
-It's my third book from the author and he never fails to surprise me with his unique content. He has very nicely explained the human bond and relationship through his characters, Reading this will allow you to picture every character the way author dreamt them up to be in your mind -- from their voice, to their walk. This makes it easier to imagine yourself as the main character and become more invested in the actual story. I was wholeheartedly invested in this book and it's one such investment I would never regret. The end made me so curious that I couldn't help but start the second book is the series ASAP.

WHY YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK🌼:

-The fantastical world building is very expansive and complicated than almost any other series I recently read.

-The author didn't just tell the reader what’s going on in the story, but what came before and sometimes even what comes after.

-Readers are provided with a sufficient backstory to properly understand the foreign world.
Profile Image for Contemporary_literary_threads.
194 reviews14 followers
May 19, 2020
Jordan's World by Allen Steadham' is a fantasy fiction, and around a woman centric superhero. Which makes it more interesting, and has whole wonder woman vibes.
On an unfaithful day Jordon and her mother, Janice are kidnapped and sent to an Ice land called Algoran ruled by Mokta tribe.
All of a sudden there lifestyle turns into a nomadic way of living and survival of every hour.
Slowly and steadily Jordon and her mother becomes habitual of the tribe and its people. Jordon turns into a skillful huntress. But a series of questions and longing for her home troubles her.
Soon with the help administrators of the tribe she starts her journey to find those answers, the reason behind her abduction.

That's a whole premise of the story set by the author.
Being the first book in 'The Jordan of Algoran series' creates lot of mystery, magic and action in the stories. Though some answers are left to be found in the second book.
The writing and narration is very gripping. Characters are fine, and sketched properly.
However I feel little concerned about the length of the book. The length could have been cut short to accelerate the story more.
Overall it's a great read.
Profile Image for Daphne Self.
Author 8 books91 followers
November 21, 2020
The first book of The Jordan of Algoran Series left me truly wanting more.
I love how Allen Steadham took an ordinary girl and inserted her into an extraordinary place.
The emotional conflict that Jordan represents is truly relatable and realistic. Who wouldn't want to return home and would try to at any cost?
The plot is much deeper and although it seems that some things are too fantastical for belief, this is another world, another system, another galaxy....who knows how things can happen elsewhere in this universe? And it makes the storyline that much deeper.
The supporting characters added such depth and I quickly found myself loving them, too. This book is multilayered in showing the complexity of human nature and life. Social issues, political issues, religious issues, and culture issues are all wrapped into the words, yet so subtle. It added that multi-faceted read that so many books need.
Life is complex. Allen shows this well with Jordan's World. And I definitely want to read more of her and her family's story.
Profile Image for Readers Choice .
828 reviews28 followers
May 9, 2020
Jordan's World is a Christian Fiction and a science fantasy by the author Allen Steadham. The protagonist of the story is Jordan Lewis. The book has total 34 chapters. The story starts with a seventeen years old Jordan and her mother Janice being kidnapped from the planet Earth in the night and taken to a different planet Algoran that is all covered with ice.

The people on Algoran are of Mokta Tribe that speaks Mokta language. They are red skin handsome people. Even though Jordan became a good Huntress there but still she miss planet Earth a lot. Jordan's journey on this planet is full of suspense, mystery, etc. Initially she wasn't aware why she was brought to this new planet. As the story progresses, things start to unveil. The story ends on a twisting note that we will get to know in the next book Jordan's Arrow.

Overall the story is good. The language of the book is lucid. This story has totally caught all my attention. Looking ahead to read the next book.
152 reviews12 followers
August 3, 2020
Jordan's World is Book 1 in Jordans Algoran series. It is written by the author Allen Steadham. The main character of the story is Jordan Lewis. Jordan and her mother Janice were kidnapped from Earth and taken to another planet Algoran.

On the Algoran planet, there was rule of Mokta tribe. Will Jordan and Janice be able to understand Mokta language? Will they be able to adapt to the Algoran planet? Read this adventurous story of a Christian fiction.

The fantasy world of Algoran that is full of ice is well built. Characters are strong and well developed.

Story has suspense, mystery, twists, etc. The story ended with so many questions in my mind. I will be getting their answers in the next book in the series. Looking forward for it.
Profile Image for Pat Eroh.
2,580 reviews25 followers
August 17, 2019
I am always looking for good stories (sci-fi, mystery, children/middle school are my favorite) that have a Christian or God-themed background. While having a story such as that would mean a specific targeted audience for the book, it is such an awesome treat for those of us who love the Lord. Thank you to this author. To those who want a really great story that is intense, engaging, fantastic, clean and God-inspired story, here it is!

Profile Image for Tabitha.
12 reviews2 followers
December 2, 2020
I never read fiction like this but I was challenged to read something out of my comfort zone! Since this is the first book of its kind ive read, I’m having a bit of trouble with how to rate it. If you enjoy sci fi and fantasy then I think this is a good book! The narrator did a good job especially with some made up language words and I thought her voice was a good fit for the type of book.
Profile Image for Donald.
454 reviews3 followers
May 5, 2020
Not as exciting as I expected or wanted. Good characters but seemed to lag in too places. Willing to try another by the author to see if it is me or just this specific book.
Profile Image for H.A. Pruitt.
Author 7 books34 followers
June 9, 2022
Jordan is abducted and taken to a different planet, Algoran. After about 4 years on Algoran in the Mokta tribe, Jordan goes on a journey to discover why she was taken from Earth and if a way back exists.  On the journey, she faces the question of if she truly does want to leave the life she has grown to appreciate on Algoran. A mysterious figure named SnowFire makes that question even more complicated.

Jordan's world is a space fantasy and a portal fantasy.

Positives

The plot was interesting. The questions Jordan wanted to answer were understandable and kept me wanting to find out the answers.

The other planet Algoran was creative and interesting. Steadham created a variety of races, a different climate, unique plants and animals, legends, history, and different languages. He made the planet seem real and different yet not to complex.

The mystery of what SnowFire is and what she is trying to accomplish was the most intriguing aspect of the story.

Negatives

I really had trouble connecting to the characters and believing they were real. Their speech sounded so formal and scripted that they seemed like characters written for a purpose by someone of a different age rather than real people.

The pace felt slow. As a writer, I understand the need to explain information necessary for the story to make sense, but I do wish certain parts moved faster or had been explained as the story played out rather than in informational chunks.

Overall: An interesting portal fantasy that explores the themes of choices and family
Profile Image for Rutuja Ramteke.
1,492 reviews54 followers
April 5, 2020
🌸Jordan's World🌸

🌸This is the first book in the Jordan Series and must say it's one of those books that really kept me thinking entirely. I was now and then guessing the plots and scenes not knowing what will happen next. It's such an amazing fantasy novel with non-magical characters (by this they are normal like us, but obviously have that unusual magic in them). The protagonist, I am her fan and at a point I imagined myself in her place, the one lesson I learnt from book was, "How to adapt, even in tougher times", I learnt that from the protagonist. Algoran is a place I wish to visit personally, not because I think am that brave but it's so well ploted.
I loved the unusual writing and narration along with amazing which also depicted human bonds and relationship so well. You will definitely enjoy this book if you love the fictional world and many striking adventures. Definitely recommended.
Rating: 4🌟
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.