Start by marking “In Safe Arms (My Truth #2)” as Want to Read:
In Safe Arms (My Truth #2)

In Safe Arms

(My Truth #2)

Will he risk it all to be in safe arms?

When a damaged man stumbles on a second chance, it’s all too easy to turn and run. It takes a determined photographer to convince him risk is worth it all.

People deserve a second chance, right? How about a third or fourth?

But what if I can’t even admit to myself who I am? I was truthful once before. I came out to one other perso
Published September 21st 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In Safe Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Safe Arms

Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 11, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc, mm-romance

In Safe Arms (My Truth, #2) (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Hot Tree Promotions for an honest review. I will voluntarily read this book and provide my honest opinion. Review to follow.
R
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trent was sixteen when an act of violence forced him from his family. That terrible memory colored his whole life. Not letting him admit to himself that he was gay, let alone tell anyone else. Including his best friend Angelo. Even before he’s willing to admit it, Angelo becomes his beacon. The one person he feels able to trust, he’s just not able allow himself to trust fully. This was a very moving story of a boy, through no fault of his own, who is forced into a life changing decision that it ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
In Safe Arms runs concurrent with the prior book in the series, My Truth but can be read as a standalone. Trent the anger that he felt we felt, and I still don’t even think that was the right word for how our emotions ran reading his story. This is something no one should have to endure. Angelo you’re the angel to Trent that he didn’t know he needed. What you see through the photographer eyes on that mountain road when you see Trent is spot on. This story gives you painful events, but the sacrif ...more
Belinda Donaldson
I will be honest and say I wasnt sure if this book was me, I was never a fan of Trent but I can admit when I was wrong and boy was I ever wrong.

In Safe Arms has it all, pain, love, heartbreak, sacrifice and redemption.

Trent was hurt by someone he thought he could trust and now lives his life guarded and that leads him to say and do things he isn't proud of.

Angelo has grown up in a very loving and caring environment and has fallen in love with his best friend.

But with Trent life is not easy and i
Caroline
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, if I could only give it more stars, 5 just isn't anywhere near enough.
The emotion in this story is amazing, congratulations Ann Grech in being able to put it into words, and thanks for soooo many tears.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, being that it is Trent's story, but I was blown away. This is my new favourite of Ann's books, I think its possibly the best book I've read all year.

As for the story, read it yourself, you'll love it. No spoilers here.

Lisa
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This left me with a major book hangover. I found it powerful in so many ways, particularly around the exploration of sexuality but also with the trauma that Trent suffered from someone who should have protected him.

The first part of this book was traumatic and harrowing and some may find incredibly upsetting. Trent understood his sexuality from an early age and knew he was attracted to men. When he plucked up the confidence to come out, the result was horrific, forcing him out onto the streets a
Robyn Corcoran
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart broke for Keir in the beginning, the trauma he experienced was devastating to say the least. It was something that would never leave him and I wanted to do something violent to the perpetrator something fierce.

This author knows how to pull every emotion out of you and I mean literally, Every. Single. One. You find yourself feeling despair so deeply for a character, the next minute anger like you’ve never felt before then the next excitement and extreme delight with such happiness.

Angel
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Trent ran away from home at the young age of sixteen, with no where to go, he lived on the streets for a time, but he worked hard and didn't give up and ten years later finds him with a job, a place of his own, and even a few friends. Keeping his trauma and nightmares to himself, he presents himself to the world as straight and fun loving. When he and Angelo cross paths they end up starting a friendship. For Trent, Angelo is his best friend, for Angelo it has always b
Ashley Carr, LSoR
This is such a good story!! It’s a heartbreaking tale of betrayal and friendship that turns into more. After Trent is forced to run from his past at the age of 16 he needs a wonderful photographer, Angelo. They have a beautiful friendship but Angelo wants more and Trent doesn’t see him in that way. Years later something changes and that friendship blossoms into more. This book takes you on an emotionally charged journey of Trent’s self discovery and dealing with his emotional baggage. Angelo is ...more
Latifa Morrisette
This book store my heart up. When the closest person to hurts him in an unimaginable way, his only thought is to leave everything he knew behind. When he finally comes to terms with what happened to him and finding a chance at love, only then does he feel that he can reconcile with those he left behind. This book takes you on a journey that you need to be emotionally prepared for. Ann did an amazing job with this book. I can't wait to read what's next.
Karen Rich
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing 2nd book this is. Trent has had a traumatic life since he was forced to run away at the age of 16. After a hard life trying to survive life on the streets he meets up with Photographer Angelo and they form a wonderful friendship only Angelo has feelings for Trent and Trent doesn’t match those feelings due to his prior life. Many years later friendship still going strong things start to turn around.
I highly recommend this book and Book 1 All He Needs.

Sheridan
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Talk about a mix of emotions with this story.
The anger for a sixteen year old boy.
The pain and the hurt that he feels, we felt. And the build up of love Angelo and Trent shared we felt.
It was a beautiful story of heart break and sacrifice. Of love and redemption.
I did feel at some points the story was dragging a bit and did lose me, but overall it was a good slow burn/angsty read.
Amy  Crull
I hate to do this again but I have to. I thought maybe this one would be different but sadly it wasn't. I just couldn't get into it. I apologize so hard to the author. I'm sure she worked really hard on this but I can't force myself to read a book I can't get into.
Pat
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book , this book is why I read m/m I cant praise this book enough.

Beautiful and marvelous doesn't even come near it ...

I absolutely loved All he Needs book 1 in this series of My Truth.

That was Caden's story--- and that rocked me !

This story and journey is between Trent and Angelo .

This is such an emotional story you feel with your whole heart for Trent as he has to start his life again at age 16.

He is strong and exceptionally brave they way Ann has written about Trent's life is magnif
Bex 'n' Books
Aug 18, 2019
Paula White
Jul 19, 2019
United Indie Book Blog
First off I hate doing these reviews and I apologize to the author but I couldn't get into either book. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't keep reading either book.

review by AMY
Britani
Aug 26, 2019
MariF
Aug 29, 2019
By day Ann Grech lives in the corporate world and can be found sitting behind a desk typing away at reports and papers or lecturing to a room full of students. She graduated with a PhD in 2016 and is now an over-qualified nerd. Glasses, briefcase, high heels and a pencil skirt, she’s got the librarian look nailed too. If only they knew! She swears like a sailor, so that’s got to be a hint. The oth ...more

My Truth (2 books)
  • All He Needs (My Truth #1)