Start by marking “Desires Of Lady Elise (Agents Of The Home Office, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Desires Of Lady Elise (Agents Of The Home Office, #0.5)

Desires Of Lady Elise

(Agents Of The Home Office #0.5)

One scandal. Two broken hearts. A decade apart.

Lady Elise knows all too well the risks of falling in love. Her heart was broken by a rake. Instead of hunting for a husband, she helps other ladies escape the nefarious plans of unscrupulous gentlemen.

After a scandal costs Lord Thornston Elise’s hand and heart, he has lived on the fringes of the beau monde. But when his best
ebook, 1st Edition, 93 pages
Published July 18th 2019 by Penford Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Desires Of Lady Elise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desires Of Lady Elise

Start your review of Desires Of Lady Elise (Agents Of The Home Office, #0.5)
Lexxi James
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to this book as part of my personal tribute to #IndieAugust, and my commitment to read and review ten indie authors. I haven't read historical books in a WHILE (high school/college years), but I was immediately swept back into the world of Wuthering Heights or Pride & Prejudice, with a sexy little twist that I love in present day romance.

The author adeptly whisks between old world dialogue and current world narration. The result is a fast-paced piece with delicious sexual
Barbara Rogers
Series: Agents of the Home Office #1
Publication Date: 7/18/19
Number of Pages: 98
** Maybe 3.5 Stars **

This debut novella is a fast-paced, fun read and I can see her developing into a go-to author.

Harold Greenfield, Earl of Thornston had a history with Lady Elise Brownstone, sister to the Duke of Fairmont. Ten years ago, when she was six and ten and he was twenty, they were in love – but then he disappeared from ton life amid a scandal.

Elise has spent those ten years pining for Harold and
Catherine Stein
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book suffered from the novella syndrome: too much packed in with not enough pages to devote to all the parts (the many side characters, motivations behind character actions, and set-up for the series). That said, the writing was strong and clear, it was fun to read, and I think the author shows promise. Looking forward to seeing what she can do with a full novel.
Elizabeth Langley
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun novella and a great start to what promises to be an interesting series. The characters were interesting and true to their motivations, and the writing is excellent. There's a lot packed into a short novella package, but I didn't lose interest. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Ayana Lang
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very engaging main character. I loved the suspense and was on the edge of my seat waiting to see each development. It’s a very satisfying read!
Rose
Desires of Lady Elise is author Rachel Ann Smith’s debut novel. I always love to read debut novels, it’s great to see a new author starting out and to see what they have to offer. Ms. Smith starts us out with a Novella in “Desires of Lady Elise” and then has a connected series coming out this fall called “Agents of the Home Office”.

Harold and Elise were in love ten years ago, she was sixteen and he was twenty. Elise’s father the Duke of Fairmont along with a scandal at a ball tore these two
Barbara
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever foiled the abduction of another woman?

Good read. Lady Elise and friends try to bring down group of elites and scum cronies who are bent on stealing young ladies of the elite, compromising them so have to be married off or ruined their good names. Lots scoundrels out there wanting money. One such scourge kidnaps her so another can marry her and her wealth.
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
This is a lovely quick read, at only 98 pages you can literally read this in one Desires of lady Elise the debut Rachel Ann and from this I can really see a promising future within the historical romance genre and I am sure we are going to be hearing about her for many years to come.

After having her heart broken by a scoundrel years before, she is determined no to suffer again, but instead of going out husband hunting as is what society claim she should be doing, she instead goes out of her way
Maida
A fun, quick read. Promising introduction.

Full review at maidamalby.com.
Margaret
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two Lords don't know what they want on the way to matrimony. One just resists and the other is just a pompous ass. It takes a dangerous turn for them to realize what's right in front of their faces. Maybe a little rushed to the finish, but a very nice novella I really enjoyed reading.
A free copy from the author for an honest review.
Heather Borer
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! This normally isn't my genre but I really enjoyed it. The characters were rich and the story was creative. I have read some romance novels in the past which were predictable but this one was fresh and had a great ending. I look forward to reading more from this author.
LianaReads blog
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

A fast paced read, lovely characters and a great story overall. Looking forward to more books by the author.
Recommended to any romance lovers.
Diana Miller
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love prevails

The characters are bell developed. The story was great and moved at a steady pace. A wonderful read you shouldn’t miss.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short but right to the good and interesting points of the story.
Erin Swan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great, quick read. I got through it in about 24 hrs, and I really enjoyed it. The writing and the setting created by the writer were very reminiscent of Jane Austen, but with a healthy dose of steaminess and action. The book references what sound like some intriguing activities from other books, and my interest is thoroughly piqued now. Can't wait to try some more books by the author and figure out who this mysterious Lady L is!
Bridget Lewis
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second chance

Elise had her heart shattered at a tender age by Harold! Harold never thinking he was good enough fell back to the fringes of society! Everyone is not happy with Lady Elise good work! When an evil man comes to collect what he thinks his due all bets are off! Harold will do anything to find and protect the woman he never stopped loving!
Jessica D.
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very engaging characters. Loved the tension between them, and the steamy scenes got me fanning long after the book was over. I loved the suspenseful element and was on the edge of my seat eager to know what was going to happen next. It’s a very satisfying read. I highly recommend it.
Abbi
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this a more than just 5 stars. I absolutely loved it.
Rachel (Rae)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are a regular visitor to my blog you will notice that historical romance is a favourite of mine but it is very rare that I read a novella in that genre. So I was eager to read Desires of Lady Elise and see how I found it. It is hard to create an in depth story when writing a novella however I thought Rachel Ann Smith did a great job of building a back story for Elise and Thornston. It really helped to bring their characters to life along with helping to give the story a little more depth. ...more
Roy
derlie craver
Oct 16, 2019
Mark Eline
Oct 18, 2019

• Capturing the Viscount's Heart: A Clean & Sweet Regency Historical Romance Novel (Tales of Magnificent Ladies Book 1)
  • Her Muse, Lord Patrick
  • An Affair in Winter (Seasons, #1)
  • The Lord's Inconvenient Vow
  • The Australian Billionaire (International Billionaire Club Romance #1)
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • Rogue's Kiss (Scandalous Miss Brightwells series, #2)
  • A Love so True
  • Duke of Depravity (Sins and Scoundrels #1)
  • A Search for Refuge (Haven Manor, #0.5)
  • Clara's Soldier: A Retelling of the Nutcracker
  • The Chieftain's Choice (The Wolf Deceivers #1)
  • The Duchess and the Highwayman
  • Only a Duke Would Dare  (Seductive Scoundrels, #2)
  • And the Widow Wore Scarlet (Scandalous Sons Book 1)
  • The Consorts (The Forbidden City #3)
  • A Convenient Fiction (Parish Orphans of Devon, #3)
  • To Dare a Duchess (Lords of London Book 5)
Rachel Ann Smith writes steamy historical romances with a twist. Her debut series, Agents of the Home Office, features female protagonists that defy convention.

When Rachel isn’t writing, she loves to read and spend time with the family. She is frequently found with her Kindle by the pool during the summer, on the sidelines of the soccer field in the spring and fall or curled up on the couch

Agents Of The Home Office (2 books)
  • Secrets of Lady Lucy (Agents of the Home Office, #1)
  • Mysteries Of Lady Theo (Agents Of The Home Office, #2)