Start by marking “A Will and a Way” as Want to Read:
A Will and a Way

A Will and a Way

Fall in love this holiday season with a classic from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts!

Pandora McVie’s life is tied up in knots. In order to respect her uncle Jolley’s last wishes, she’s stuck spending Christmas isolated in the Catskills with Michael Donahue, the cobeneficiary of her uncle’s will. Jolley was a matchmaker to the end—and apparently for some
Published October 14th 2019 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published November 28th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about A Will and a Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Will and a Way

Start your review of A Will and a Way
Anita
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book many, many years ago, BG (Before Goodreads). I remembered it during the very sad and moving scene when Pandora's workshop is vandalized. I really like this book. It is an early Nora from 1986, but it doesn't look its' age at all. Loved the H/h and their emeries to lovers story. I especially loved the way they decided early on that the other was not the enemy and decided to work together and then they fell in lust, then in love. Great Nora Romance.

Jolley McVie was quite a
Lauren
A Will and A Way
3.5 Stars

When her beloved uncle Jolley dies, Pandora is not only devastated but also furious as the eccentric old coot has left her his entire fortune with one condition … she must share it with Michael Donahue, a distant cousin by marriage who has always been her nemesis. Michael is none to happy to learn that he will have to spend six months in close quarters with the one woman who rubs him the wrong way … or is it that they rub each other the right way?

Michael and Pandora have
Susan
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read and I started off okay with it, but I really had trouble with the hero and heroine being cousins and having a relationship. I may have been able to get past them being cousins by marriage, but all throughout the book they kept calling each other "cousin" and the kissing cousin thing creeped me out. A lot. I stuck it out because I really hate giving up on books. It's doubtful I would have gone three stars even without that. It was fast and easy, but not certainly not ...more
Soraia
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Such a basic story. I read it in a couple of hours
iamGamz
A lovely who-dun-it, enemies to lovers story.

The H and h’s favorite uncle (they are cousins by marriage, not blood related) left them his entire fortune, including his home filled with priceless objects, while leaving the rest of the family with nothing. The h and H would inherit with one caveat; the live together in the house for 6 months.

The h and H aggravate the heck out of each other. So the family assumed that they would never make it. Until they realized that they were actually doing it.
Lonni
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Well..the fact that I read it in one day says it was interesting...and fairly short! Seemed almost like a backward Agatha Christie to me...attempted murders of the two (distantly related) heirs to a mansion and the fortune that goes with it. The will requires they live together in the mansion for six months in order to claim it and the money. The Uncle, whom they both loved, wants to see them together...matchmaker from the "beyond". Funny, sometimes scary. Don't want to give it away.
Ariel
La Nora at her finest. It was a treat to watch Michael and Pandora fall in love with each other while fighting it every step of the way.
Chrys
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining read! Michael and Pandora have never had anything in common besides loving their Uncle Jolly, an old millionaire who loves pranks and having a good laugh. So when Uncle Jolly dies and leaves them a fortune on the condition that they live together for six months, Michael and Pandora find themselves trapped together in a situation they could have never foreseen. But when bickering transforms into attraction, they start wondering whether Uncle Jolly had planned for them a future ...more
Ann
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading challenge #24 A book set during Christmas

A Will and a Way was a nice and enjoyable book. Pandora and Michael, distant relatives, lose their beloved uncle but inherit his manor and a lot of money if they manage to live together for six months.

They have known each other since they were little, for some reason they annoy each other. During the six months Pandora and Michael get to know each other in more intimate basis and of course realise they have loved one another for years.

Other
Maria
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-2012
This is an interesting story about two people who 'hate' each other (but probably conveniently play off each other instead). They get stuck in the same huge mansion for six months to save said mansion from their power/wealth-hungry relatives. It's an interesting story, and I like Nora Roberts' style, but it wasn't the best book.

At the time though, it was a great way to get my mind off my 'harder' books, and it was available. I needed a romance at the time. It wasn't frothy like a lot of the
Sue
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
3.5

Two strong, opinionated people are forced by a stipulation in a will to spend six months together, will they make it? Will they fall in love? I think it's obvious but then again this genre is not known for surprises but then again we do enjoy the journey.

This journey was quite good and the dialog was fun.
Gaysel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was not spectacular but it certainly wasn't boring either. It kept me wanting to read more and I was also a little 'scared' at times for Pandora. A good read.
Charlotte Griggs
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Connie N.
Seeing as this was written by Nora Roberts, I shouldn't be surprised that it was much more than a typical Silhouette romance. Our two main characters--Pandora and Michael--are distant cousins who both cared deeply for their Uncle Jolley, a rich eccentric. When he leaves them his millions as long as they can live under the same roof for 6 months, there start to be mysterious "accidents" that cause them to wonder if the rest of their family is trying to sabotage their success. When these accidents ...more
Nikki Brown
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do enjoy reading books by Nora Roberts and this one was no exception.

Uncle Jolley was eccentric to say the least, and when he died, his will was no exception. Having made all his bequests, the solicitor announced that Pandora and Michael would inherit his estate if they managed to live together for 6 months. Ever the romantic this was hours way of getting the 2 of them together. However, the pair disliked each other with a passion; once they'd thought about it, they decided to agree to his
Cheryl
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chris Meads
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first romance novel that I have read by Nora Roberts. I find it's pretty decent and kept me engaged, not like some romance novels have.

Uncle Jolley has died and all the living relatives have descended on his home to hear the will. This includes Pandora, his niece and a distant cousin. Michael. As the will is read, Pandora and Michael are surprised that Jolley has left the bulk of the estate to the two of them with one stipulation--that they live in the house together for 6 months.
Miranda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Readers
Pandora McVie has always adored her eccentric Uncle Jolley. When he passes away and leaves her his estate, she feels it is her duty to accept, if only to save his legacy from her horrendous and selfish family members. However, it turns out Uncle Jolley has found a way to provide mischief from beyond the grave. His last wishes are for Pandora to spend six months living in his remote estate with Michael Donohue, whom Pandora has known and loathed since childhood. But, perhaps Uncle Jolley could ...more
Hannah
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great!! the only thing that was hard for me to get over throughout the book was pandora and Michael calling each other cousin. I know that they are technically coins by marriage and that is doesn't count because it is not a blood relative. I think it would have been better if the family aspect was told in the beginning and then the two would call each other by name or pet name rather than cousin. it almost ruined a few moments between them in my eyes. I hope this doesn't sound too ...more
Katy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2019 Book Hoarders Challenge: Snow on the Cover

Pandora is grieving the loss of her beloved Uncle Jolley, but when the will is read, she discovers she must live in the house for an extended time with her despicable cousin Michael. Neither can tolerate the other. The rest of the heirs, left with sage advice and unorthodox physical gifts, know it won't happen. All they have to do is wait for one of them to walk out in order to secure the vast fortune for themselves.

But will they wait for it to
Jenn Mollan
A throw away worth the sale price

I love the super natural series from Nora Roberts. Three sisters being the ones i re-read most often.i enjoy Nora Roberts' writing as a whole,enjoying characters and engrossing light reading.this one I'll not read again.i don't hate it,but i didn't care and i figured out too soon where it was going so i lost interest in finishing though i did it anyway.with a sale price afternoon read.being Nora Roberts writing,it's still better then many and worth three stars.
Marcia  Haskell
Fun romantic mystery with enough twists and turns

A little predictable for my taste, plus the fact that I never got invested in any of the characters. It was obvious that the villain was a family member, but I didn’t care which one was doing what. The other problem I had was that the scene setting wasn’t up to Nora Roberts usual standard. Almost as if someone said “Here’s the scene, Now you write it.”
Corinne
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story. A dear relative dies and in his will he leaves his house to his niece Pandora and his nephew Michael with the stipulation that they must stay together in the house for six months in order to receive everything. There is humor, suspense, and is reminiscent of an Agatha Christie novel. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Kim Davis
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazon has been putting NR's old Silhouette romances on sale, about once a month give or take, so I've been buying them as I see them. I read them all way back in the day, but I no longer have the books so this has been a good way to catch up. I do remember reading this one although I couldn't recall the ending. It was a fun, fast read.
Pamela Gibson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is vintage Nora, a good mystery, great characters, and excellent writing. Considering it was first printed over 30 years ago, it must have been one of her first and it probably was updated for the recent release. It's a quick read about two "kind of" cousins forced to live together to fulfill terms of their uncle's will. Classic trope, but it's very well done.
Cherie Caviness
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relatives can’t beat love

What an adventure Pandora and Michael have as they try to discover who is trying to murder them. Lots of twists and turns and unexpected moments, ripe with mystery and romance. Will they admit that they love each other or will they keep up the wall of pretense?
Kathleen Booker
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good love story with mystery thrown in. I really thought that Michael was the one doing all the stuff trying to scare Pandora but it turned out to be all of their relatives trying to get her uncle's money.
It's been a while since I have read any of Ms. Robert's books but I will be sure to pick up anither one.
Kasey Riley
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed A Will and a Way...but it seemed to drag in spots and was kind of predictable in other spots. Overall, I would recommend it to readers who really enjoy Nora Roberts...it is so much in her style and well written overall. Very well edited as a traditionally published work would be expected to be and enjoyable reading.
Soren Chargois
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read many bad romance novels and was expecting this to be the same, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually found myself laughing out loud from some of the character interaction within the story. The tenderness of the characters towards one another pulled at my heartstrings, and Roberts does a phenomenal job at pulling the reader in and keeping them until the very last page.
Gail
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing, suspenseful, romantic

Very delightful story about how two people need to live in the same house for six months in order to inherit it according to the will. Of course, the rest of the family members are not happy about this. Nora Roberts writes this book to keep your attention to see what will happen next with intrigue, suspense, and surprises. It is a very difficult book to put down. Happy reading!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Christmas Set-Up
  • The Call of the Pines
  • Her Outback Secret
“If you walked through the woods alone, in the dark, and didn’t have some sense of wonder, it was hardly worth the trip.” 0 likes